Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-14-2022, 06:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 06:41 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Warlord had seen Azure when he returned home, bloody and a little beaten up. His son had waved him off and promised to tell him later. Knowing what a hard time Azure was having, having not known his wife was kidnapped until she came home, and the resulting fall out.

He set Zee and Mortis in charge of the pack, knowing that while both were peaceful they were mother bears when roused. They would protect the wolves. He grabbed some alcohol and snacks for the two to have a bonding father son time away, and called out for Azure. It wasn't long before the two of them were heading out. Sirius had set the time, and Azure had set the place. Leading the two Alphas to Veteran's Plateau

"Speech"

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-14-2022, 06:56 PM

Azure had not been in any shape to discuss with his father and Warlord when he arrived home from his impromptu 'adventure' to the pirate's beach. He had shouldered past the man with a brief promise to explain later and drove himself directly into Hana's side to rest, then to Lyre's to be healed. Once the necessities were taken care of, it was time to fulfil his promise. Sirius would surely be curious how the confrontation had gone, and Azure knew it was his responsibility to make sure the warlord was prepared for any potential retaliation. His father had posed it in the most casual way, inviting him on an expedition out from the territory, a few nights of drinking and relaxing away from worries or responsibility. Az had approved of the idea, comfortable only leaving Hana with the knowledge that his servant would keep her in good health (and hopefully, begin ensuring that Hana would never find herself away for a prolonged period again.)

Crossing the battlefield into an adjacent plain that resembled it, the pair entered the plateau as the sun began to set. They would need to rest here before heading out further, and Azure found them a position beside various odd artifacts and a dead tree that could be used for kindling. He prepped them a fire and sprawled out before it, distinctly feeling the absence of his eartip where there should have been heat but was none. "I won, there's no disputing that." He began, approaching the conversation tentatively for fear of Sirius' judgement. The Warlord knew of protection and vengeance, but there were times Azure knew he thought his son went overboard in delivering judgement.

Visit Veteran's Plateau 1/4

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-14-2022, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 07:10 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
As Azure prepped the fire, Sirius lay out the thin bedding he had brought with them, both to sleep on and wrap the alcohol in. He put those in the grassy field, one near him, and the other near his son. “Your scars give you a fierce appearance” He said, as Azure tentatively spoke of winning, and stopped there. The Warlord pushed the drink closer, wondering if some alcohol would help loosen his tongue.

“So you went into the dragon's den alone, and came out the victor. That’s no small feat” He could not, and would not fault Azure fighting for his mate. Fighting to ensure they never, ever tried to do so again. Perhaps Azure had forgotten the massacre of the wolves that had held his son and Wife. a part of him regretted leaving none alive to spread the tale, to better ensure no one, ever, came near Zee again.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-14-2022, 07:19 PM

Azure reached forward as the alcohol was offered, wrapping his mutated paw around it to drag the container closer to allow for him to take a few deep drinks. It was not something he went looking to partake in often, but when opportunity struck and he felt he deserved it so thoroughly, there was no harm in having a night or two with less inhibitions. "Calling them dragons is a bit more than they deserve." He grunted in reply. "I waited to see if more would come, but it seemed they have less border guards than I'd anticipated. That, or less pirates are interested in defending their 'King' then Sparrow would like to admit. I believe, in all, there were four." He did not count the puppy he had punted across the sand - though surely it had brought the pirate's ire higher to watch.

Acknowledging his scars, he lifted the same paw to touch tentatively to his torn ear and then shrugged. "I've had most of them for as long as I can remember." His torn ears, the slices across his eye, all wounds earned in battle as a child. Not what he'd consider fierce. "I regret giving them the opportunity for this one. I'm sure they'll use it as evidence of their win in stories, and ignore the three I delivered in retaliation."

Visit Veteran's Plateau 2/4

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-14-2022, 07:29 PM
“Four?” The Warlord said with a grunt of surprise at this intel. “And with four of them you barely had a challenge?” The Warlord put great pride in his wolves training. Even those that weren’t warriors would learn the basics. And as far as fully trained warriors went, they would put up a much greater barrier than four.

“You strolled across their territory with their King fallen, and they could do nothing about it. I doubt they will want to share stories of it” The Warlord said, shaking his head, and taking a sip of the alcohol. “You said you’d make them regret it, and you fulfilled that and some. I’m proud of you, Azure. Perhaps after this they’ll think twice before meddling with the Armada.” A lesson well needed. “And if it doesn't, we’ll find a better way to make the lesson. I’ve had it with the Pirates” Kidnapping the mother of his grandchildren? He was more angry then he’d let Azure know.

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-14-2022, 07:44 PM

The surprise in his father's tone and prideful compliment wilted what remained of Azure's ears, an unexpected reaction for the Champion who had not often felt any sort of sheepishness. Sirius had fought on just as unequal ground and came out the other side, a part of him had expected the man to consider Azure's accomplishment as just another battle. To know his father was proud of what he had achieved... it felt good, somehow better than it would have had Az simply boasted of it and tried to earn the praise. "Four who fought me." He confirmed. "Sparrow herself, she met me first. The fight was over fast - did you know she was pregnant? I took her ear and then the bitch laid down and whelped right infront of me. I suppose the shock pushed her overboard." It was probably the wildest thing Azure had ever experienced and something he would hopefully never experience again.

Reaching for the drink again, he paused to take another deep drink before continuing the story. "Then one of her grunts came up and went for mine. I wasn't expecting such a direct and focused attack, it didn't matter what I did he just wanted the damn ear tip, and so he got it. A bunch of other pirates came on scene, a pregnant healer and many other younglings who are barely old enough to leave the den. A big red one went to break my fucking leg, but I got him good upon the side. A wound that will scar, surely." Rolling his eyes, Az remembered the utter rage the crimson beast had come at him with. As if it was him and his that had been slighted, and not Azure. "A puppy tried to get involved but I kicked it away, pissed off some grey and black guy in doing so. I left him with a few scars as well, in the end."

Visit Veteran's Plateau 3/4

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-14-2022, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 07:51 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
The Warlord gave a slow blink at Azure’s words, the sheer surprise and bewilderment shown in the slow gesture. Sparrow had… given birth, on the battlefield of Azure’s making? He’d never heard anything like it. Why on earth had she gotten involved in all this, and met Azure at her borders if she was moments away from giving birth? Her logic was faulty at best, and dangerous to her pack at worst.

He shook his head again as Azure recapped the battle. “You did very, very well. Standing your ground on enemy turf, but I’m astounded the Plunder didn’t have better to send at you. more. Though I’m glad as well. Of course, if you hadn’t come home I would have made my way through every pirate until I found you” He said, as if that outcome went without saying. He took another sip from the bottle. “So where's her ear?”

"Speech"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-14-2022, 08:08 PM

With the story told, Sirius' opinion did not seem to change. Azure felt it shouldn't have surprised him after all his father had gone through to return his mother, but with Az's ill-functioning moral compass it was hard to determine what a 'normal' wolf would or would not consider acceptable in this situation. He nodded, accepting the praise quietly and giving his father a small, grateful grin as he mentioned fighting through every pirate to bring him home.

At the mention of Sparrow's ear, Azure's teeth gritted. Inhaling a seething breath and grimacing slightly, he admitted where the detached eartip had been placed. "With Hana, in our den. Too much?" To Azure the concept of bringing one home a trophy was expected - romantic even - but something told him he might have stepped too far in presenting the ear of his mate's ex to her as proof he had defeated her. Women were difficult.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-14-2022, 08:17 PM
The Warlord coughing, choking on his sip of alcohol, and smacked a paw to his chest as he wheezed and laughed. “Azure! You romantic” he gasped out when he could breathe again. He set down the bottle, and cleared his throat before trying to speak again. “That’s brilliant? How did she take it? Your mother would have kicked me out of the den for a week if I did that” he said, sounded rather chuffed and amused both.

If he thought he could have gotten away with it, he would have made a very similar gift in his youth to his Wife. But alas, he came to understand Zee before he could have had the chance. More's the pity, he supposed. He could lie vicariously through his son, and he looked across at the green tinged wolf with curiosity. How had Hana taken it?

"Speech"