Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-14-2022, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 09:42 PM by Sirius. Edited 2 times in total.)

The Warlord was relaxing for the evening. Enjoying the company of his guests away from the unexpected drama the day had brought. Chores finished for the day, he couldn’t imagine anything better than a cool drink and some time spent with his son in law. Briar had taken Zee off for some mother and daughter time, and he would definitely steal his daughter away when he got the chance. But for now, it was him and Artorias, and he was a happy Warlord.

He passed the younger wolf over a beer. “Do you think Zeph enjoyed some wolf education today” He teased. The poor bird-boy had seemed rather nervous among the sea of wolves at the challenge. But Zeph was living in a wolfs world, and he believed in his grandson's ability to adapt.

"Speech"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-18-2022, 03:08 AM

After the day's excitement around the unexpected challenge for Habari, Artorias had been more than ready to retire back to the safety of the Armada. With the number of extracurricular fights emerging in the wake of the challenge, the Aegis' top priority had been keeping his son and his family safe, though thankfully none of them had come to harm. He had however been perplexed by Sirius' sudden shift in tone when Venom and Chimera had arrived to the conflict. He had made a mental note to seek out his father-in-law to make sure everything was still okay between the Armada and the Ashen Empire when time permitted. Zephyrus had been sent off to bed and Briar was spending time relaxing with her mother, leaving the Aegis to a very happy-looking Warlord.

The two wolves had meandered off to rest in front of the crackling bonfire in the communal area of the pack, a few cold drinks in their possession as they unwound from the excitement of the day. Letting the fire warm his coat in the cooling temperatures of the evening, Artorias graciously took the offered beer from his father-in-law and took a long swig of the cool, hoppy beverage. It was in moments of reprieve like this that made the young wolf appreciate just being alive. He had a wonderful family, an amazing pack, and he'd been blessed with so much in his life. Sometimes taking a moment to reflect on it all was exactly what he needed.

Art turned his gaze towards Seer as the older wolf spoke, drawing an amused chuckle from the onyx and azure wolf at his side. "I don't think he really knew what to make of it, but he's always wanted to know more about wolf customs. He's a bright boy, he'll probably have a million and one questions for me about it in the morning." Artorias drank slowly from his beer, watching the flames of the fire dance before them for a moment. "You've done an amazing job turning this place into a real home, Sirius. You and everyone in the Armada should be very proud of the work you've put in," Artorias remarked with a smile, gazing around at the Col in awe. It was such a stark difference from when he'd come here last—cold, empty, desolate. The Armada had brought life to this previously vacant void.

"Speech"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
08-26-2022, 12:20 AM

He didn’t see nearly enough of Artorias and Briar, but it was clear that he enjoyed their company immensely. He took another sip of his beer, tilting his head up to see the waning light in the sky. The temperature dropped quickly here, but the roaring bonfire would keep the worst of the chill off them. If worse came to worse, he could show Artorias the heated baths. A luary the Warlord found himself enjoying more than he expected.

The Warlord chuckled as they spoke of Zeph, and his million question. He missed the curiosity of children. Zeph was an interesting choice, but the Warlord well understood the urge to claim a lost younger creature as your own. He had taken a few wolves under his wings in his long years. “Feel free to direct any of those questions my way” he offered, before Artorias spoke of the new Armada lands. “They are a massive change from the plains, and definitely something to adjust to. But there's a lot of perks here, and not being hemmed in by other packs is definitely one of them”

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
08-26-2022, 01:04 AM

Artorias sipped leisurely on his beer, still getting used to the malty, wheat-y taste of the beverage as opposed to the usual sweetness of the wines he was used to consuming. It wasn't unpleasant, just different. He'd have to see about buying some from the market to bring back to the Hallows with them. Amber eyes turned upward from the fire to the darkening evening sky overhead, watching as rich pinks and oranges faded into deep indigoes and navies. Art had always loved twilight; there was something magical about this time of day, something ethereal feeling in the world as it passed from day into night. This interlude with his father-in-law, the wolf who had been his father figure through almost the entirety of his young life, was exactly what he needed and wanted. Artorias made a silent vow then to make time to visit the Armada more often than he did. There was nothing more important than family, after all.

Artorias took his turn to chuckle with Seer when the Fatalis patriarch offered to field some of Zephyr's questions on his behalf. "Careful, you might regret that open invitation when you're on the receiving end of one of his landslides of questions," he teased the older wolf back. While Sirius commented on the Armada's new home, he hummed in acknowledgement and nodded his head, surveying the surrounding caves that had become homes. "That's the same reason why my mother chose to leave the Sunset Falls," he remarked, a wistfulness touching his voice when he spoke of Resin. "She didn't like feeling trapped. Never did, actually. Being surrounded on all sides didn't sit well with her, and she wanted the space to grow." Artorias took a long swallow from his beer, letting the alcohol chase away the demons in his heart. "I think she made the right choice. The Hallows is much better off for it." He turned a smile up to Seer. "I think the Armada will be better off for the move too." He chuckled, then added, "Even if Briar doesn't agree with your choice of climate."

"Speech"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-26-2022, 01:37 AM

The Warlord gave a warm laugh, taking another sip of his beer. “I’ll never regret the curiosity of a child” he countered. The Warlord had definitely discovered a love for tutoring and nurturing that had surprised even himself. He found himself looking back at Artorias as he spoke of his mother. Moving the pack told Seer exactly which mother he spoke, and a wistfulness entered the Warlords expression. He missed Resin deeply, and he hadn’t heard Art talk of her for a while.

“I know the feeling, I wanted the same for the Armada” He agreed, voice a little softer. They had needed some breathing room, and that was exactly what Seer had gotten them. “I think the Hallows is exactly where it’s supposed to be. That castle suits you so well I couldn’t imagine thinking of the Hallows and not picturing it” he explained. He wondered if the Armada would have a similar image in their future. As the snowy peaks of the Col became their home. He laughed at Art’s mention of Briar. “You should take her to the baths, I think the two of you would much enjoy a soak in them” he said with a grin.

"Speech"

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

08-26-2022, 02:38 AM

The memory of Resin would be one both wolves carried with them until the end of their days. The scarred ashen woman had been a pillar of strength and motivation for both men, and both had been permanently impacted for the better by her. But the memories that had once brought him nothing but pain and regret had mellowed with time, and the more sagacious Aegis was not as wild as he had been in his juvenile days. Still, he didn't want to dour the mood of the moment by dwelling too long on the past when he and Sirius had so much of the present to enjoy and the future to look forward to. Artorias couldn't resist the proud little smile that slowly made its way across his face while Seer complimented the Hallows' choice of location. It was true, the longer the pack resided there, the more they became synonymous with the images of the grand castle amongst the plains by the sea. It was everything Art had wanted the pack to be—a beacon of safety and sanctuary to all. What better way to protect others than with the high stone walls of the veritable monument itself?

"I think you're right about that. The Hallows has become known across Boreas and Auster as the castle-dwelling pack. I can't imagine living anywhere else now. I'm a bit concerned I might have gotten spoiled by it!" Artorias gave a rich laugh while he reflected on the luxury and prosperity his family had happened upon. The younger wolf wouldn't consider himself entitled or pampered for the life he lived and the home his family owned, but he did recognize that the Carpathius family was in a very well off spot. But it was that sort of lavish existence that inspired the Aegis to share it with those in need rather than lord it over anyone like some sort of status symbol. Artorias was just sipping at his beer again when Seer mentioned bringing Briar to the hot baths, and how the two wolves would enjoy a soak in it. He sputtered a bit, barely managing to prevent a full on spit take. He cleared his throat and wiped the beer from his chin before returning the Warlord's grin, trying to maintain a bit of composure while also not wanting to make it appear like he was too eager to take the man's daughter off to the baths with him. Memories of when the Warlord had caught them together in the barracks making his face flush hot.

"Y'know, that sounds like a great idea! I'm sure she'd appreciate the chance for a good grooming," replied Artorias as casually as he could without making it seem like he was discussing his couplings with Briar to her own father. It was well known that Briar liked maintaining her image and cleanliness, after all. He made a mental note to bring up the baths to Briar later. That did however jog a bit of info in his mind that he'd been meaning to mention to Sirius. "So, on the note of Briar, and curious children... We've been thinking about starting a family of our own, so you might be getting that chance to see more of that curiosity up close pretty soon." Art turned a knowing glance and grin sideways to Seer, eager to see the Fatalis man's reaction to being told that he'd likely be a grandfather again in the near future.

"Speech"

One big happy family