gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipTreat 2019
08-24-2022, 07:51 AM

Another day, another visit back to Lazuli Falls. Perhaps her last visit for a little while… Meme had made up her mind that she was going to take up Ezra’s offer to go to the Hallows. Not that she knew that her cousin held a higher rank in the pack. All she knew was the Hallows held the only family she knew she had left and, more than anything, she didn’t want to lose the chance to get to know them. She’d been so focused on survival for so long, focused on Rein, Jacques, and herself, that she didn’t remember what it was like to think about another… let alone care about them. Yet she thought about Ezra a lot since they met. He reminded her so much of her uncle Ulric… but he was different too. Clearly his son.

Today Meme was alone, Rein and Jacques taking some time to do some brotherly bonding. It was needed at times, she knew, but it left her feeling a little lonely. She had been born without littermates and squandered the only chance she had to get to know her older sister, Nausicaa. A sigh left Memento Mori’s lips. Was that the other reason why she felt so determined to get to know Ezra? Wolves were social creatures by nature after all. While some may prefer to live as a loner they typically still needed some sort of interaction with their own kind…

As she neared the pool of the falls Memento Mori slowed. There was a scent nearby. Was someone at the pool, trying to fish? Maybe in the nearby foliage? Her gaze swept the area, searching for the source.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Skorgek

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Silencien

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
08-24-2022, 05:08 PM
The small wolf stood looking in the water for a moment. Her gaze focused on the fish inside the lake asp she peered down. Her tail flicking at the air as if to test it. She soon pulled out a leaf. The small leaf was wrapped into a ball seemingly to contain something inside. Throwing the ball at the water it would seemingly sink to the bottom before becoming unfurled. The air inside bubbling to the top. A colorful gas escaping the water and floating up just for her to blink and bark. She sat for a moment and scratched her head, "I could have sworn that would work. " she felt a presence behind her as she tilted her head back to see the wolf that approached her from behind.

The way her head bent backwards meant she would be stretching her neck as she said, "Hello, are you real or is this another hallucination from the gas." she said her tail slapping the ground as she finally flopped back. Her moderate frame staring back as she looked up. Her tail flipping back and forth slowly as she barked.

Memento Mori

Loner

Expert Intellectual (215)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

08-26-2022, 10:45 PM

Sure enough, there was a wolf, a small creature peering into the water. Memento Mori came forward slowly, her gaze thoughtful as she watched the woman interact with what looked like a balled-up leaf. What was she doing? Meme tilted her head to the side curiously, watching as the leaf ball hit the water and started to sink… only to have a colorful cloud of gas escape to the surface. What was that about? She’d never seen anything at all like it. Was the woman some type of scientist? Experimenting with the different properties and herbs and whatnot? Memento Mori had heard of them before, though she’d never actually met someone of that nature.

The stranger noticed her presence and bent her head backward. Meme was a bit… off-put by that. Normal wolves didn’t bend their head to look at others that way. What she said next was strange too. The other thought she was a hallucination? Did she have them often or something? Meme furrowed her brow, speaking in a calm, yet slightly cautious tone. “If you see hallucinations that take the forms of other wolves, couldn’t they also talk and tell you that they’re not a hallucination? How would you be able to tell the difference?” It was a simple, yet curious question.

The stranger finally flopped back and Meme flinched a bit.

“I’m not a hallucination if that helps you, though. I’m… very real.” The woman wrinkled her nose. “Maybe too real… anyway… She paused and tilted her head to the side. “Who are you? And is it normal for you to hallucinate?”

"Talk, 'Think.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.

Skorgek

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Silencien

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
09-19-2022, 06:14 PM
She looked up from her back her tail flicking back and forth slowly. She sat there for a few moments before starting to reposition and get herself onto her feet. Her position moving to face the other wolf. Who towered over her. She was of course relatively small so this wasn't too surprising. However the sheer size difference meant she needed to step back a few steps so she wouldn't fall back again.
After repositioning she nodded, "Yeah, ever since I got trapped in the Hallucination caves when I was younger. I found myself occasionally seeing stuff that isn't there. So much so it's hard to tell real from fake. " she looked around, "Tho the forest is always alive and in a weird way it's kept me alive even though it feels like it shouldn't." She looked to a tree behind the other wolf. Her tail swishing slowly as she started to run to the tree her tail swaying as she jumped and hit the tree. Shaking herself off she would look up, "damn pink squirrel got away again." she said as she looked back, "My appologies, I've been trying to catch this one squirrel and it keeps getting away. " Despite her full impact on the tree she seemed mostly unscathed save a few imprints on her head fur.

Memento Mori

Loner

Expert Intellectual (215)

Advanced Fighter (70)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

10-08-2022, 03:17 AM

What a strange wolf this was, Memento Mori mused. She seemed to have little balance for herself, adjusting so that she could look up at the taller wolf. The next words to come from the stranger’s maw were enough to cause Meme to knit her brow together in worry. Hallucination caves huh? She hadn’t heard of such a place but if the name was anything to go by it wasn’t somewhere that she wanted to visit. Dealing with hallucinations sounded like a real pain in the side to deal with. She claimed that the forest had kept her alive, even when it felt like it shouldn’t have, and Memento Mori was about to comment when, all of a sudden, the woman dove headlong at a tree.

She frowned thoughtfully. The squirrel that the other woman had claimed to have been chasing was a hallucination, an illusion of her mind that Memento Mori felt bad she had to witness her succumbing to. “I uh… see…” What were you supposed to tell someone who saw things that you couldn’t? “That sounds very unfortunate that you were trapped in there as a kid… but life has a funny way of keeping us alive, even when we ourselves are less certain if we should be left breathing.” She paused.

“Do you… normally hunt? Or do you find prey?” It was a curious question. Was the woman a hunter or a scavenger? “...and I’m curious how long you’ve lived here if you’re able to gauge that at all. I lived here too, once… but that was years ago now. When I was younger than you, actually.”

"Talk, 'Think.'