Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-13-2022, 04:09 AM
It felt strange to the Warlord, to have the time to spare for his children. That his day was filled only with ensuring their needs and curiosity was met. He still rose early, running a quick patrol before returning to the den and picking a child at random. “Come” he said to the pup, his warm voice directing them as he led them from the den. Going carefully down the ramp to the Col, and through the main field of the pack.

He nodded his head to the wolf on guard, and led the pup to the forest beyond. He paused there, on the outskirts near the col where the woods began. “Alright. Today, we are going to work on your tracking. First, I want you to sample the air. Close your eyes, lift your head, and describe the scents to me” He instructed

"Sirius Fatalis"

Charlton

Loner

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-19-2022, 03:35 PM

The day had started off like a normal day, though Charlie had opted to spend most of it in the den for the time being. The outside world was great, but it was vast, and as much as curiosity compelled him to explore, he was a bit more hesitant to do so just yet unless the watchful eyes of his parents were with him. The pup didn’t mind playing inside for the time being though. Their father had gone off to do adult stuff and Char was happy just to play with his siblings, at least until their father came back and picked him for some sort of lesson.

Leaving his siblings behind Charlie trotted out of the den after his father. He was curious about where they were going, and what his father wanted to show him. But the pup didn’t ask, resigning himself to quiet excitement that tingled from nose to tail tip. He was surprised, however, as his father lead him not just into the Col, but beyond even that, to an earthy place with tall green and brown things. Charlton’s eyes widened with wonder, slowing to a stop as the sights and sounds washed over him.

“This place is the Armada too? Like the Col?” He couldn’t help but ask that first as his father gave him instructions, tail swishing happily from side to side. He closed his eyes, tilted his head back, and found that there were even more things he noticed with his eyes closed than when they were open. “The most noticeable is a really strong scent… kind of wet, and sweet smelling… It mingles pretty strongly with a slightly more bitter scent, less appealing, but not necessarily bad…” He was referring to the smell of the earth and woods in general, for a start, as well as the scent from the plants that grew at the forest floor.

“There are other scents too… lots of them.” Charlie continued. “Some of them remind me of the feathers we find sometimes in the Col, and others kind of remind me of the food we eat.” Right now he didn’t know how to differentiate between scents enough to pick out that hey, this was a bird, or that was a squirrel, but he was doing his best! “The ones that remind me of meat smell the best…” He opened his eyes, eagerness in his gaze as he lowered his front half to the ground and wiggled his rear in the air.

“Can we find one of the birds dad? Please?” He had a preference for feathered prey, so his request likely didn’t seem too odd. “I want to bring something back for mom!”

"Talk," 'Think.'

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-19-2022, 05:35 PM
The Warlord nodded his head in agreement at the words. “I will show you the borders after the hunt, and how to identify them on your own. You are allowed in these woods now, but know you’ll be watched as you do so.” He told the younger wolf. The restrictions of being allowed only in the Col were already lifting as the pups became more familiar with their bodies, and the Armada’s main territory.

“The oaks themselves, and the earth. The scent will change as we go further into summer” He explained. “Hunting a bird will be a difficult first prey. First, I will teach you how to stalk so we can approach without startling them away. Move your paw across the earth in front of you. Notice how it feels before you place it down. Your paw-pad is sensitive, use that. You will need to be able to identify if something beneath your paw will make noise as you place it down. Walk a circle around me, keep low to the ground, and move slowly. Get the feel for moving noiselessly” he instructed.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Charlton

Loner

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
09-22-2022, 10:48 PM

At hearing he would be shown the borders after the hunt Charlie’s ears perked. He would be allowed to be in the woods now too, though he’d be watched. He didn’t mind that so much. He just wanted to explore more of the Armada’s lands! They were slowly being allowed in more and more places and excitement flooded through the pup. He could hardly wait!

The lesson would continue, however, and his father would explain what he was smelling right now was the oaks themselves and the smell of the earth, a scent that would start to shift as the seasons changed. Charlie gave a small nod. His dad also said that hunting a bird would be a difficult first prey, but Charlie was determined that if his father gave him the chance to do so he would get one. He had to! His gaze remained focused on the older wolf as he spoke, giving instruction on how to move, and how to stalk. He lifted a paw, slowly moving it across the earth in front of him as his dad said.

His paw pad was sensitive. He tested this a little further, shifting how he stepped and moved even before he moved to circle around Sirius. As if testing himself, his balance, and how shifting his weight affected it. He moved slowly, starting without lowering to the ground as he started to circle, then, as he started to get a little more confident, lowered his body towards the earth and instinctively flicked his ears back. It wasn’t flawless, especially at first, but the longer Charlie moved and circled the better the pup seemed to be doing, picking up on what he was doing and making corrections as needed.

"Talk," 'Think.'

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-25-2022, 04:46 PM
The Warlord watched patiently as his son continued to stalk circles around him. Getting a feel for thinking about his steps, and how they would impact him. How to tell before committing his weight if something beneath his paw pad would alert his prey. He was determined, and committed to the job his father gave him.

After some back and forth, the Warlord reached over and gave Charlie a pat on the shoulder. “Good, very good. You listen, and you’re not afraid to put in the work, Charlie. I’m impressed” He complimented his son. Signalling an end to the circling.

“Now, let's put it to the test. Put your nose to the wind, look for the scent of feathers and ocean” he instructed his son. Angling him subtly in the direction that Sirius knew he would find duck.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Charlton

Loner

Expert Fighter (175)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
10-15-2022, 08:18 PM
Charlie had done as his father had asked and Sirius recognized his efforts. The boy could feel pride swelling within his chest as his father said he was impressed. He might not be as eager to fight as some of his siblings but Charlie wasn't afraid of hard work and doing what he had to do in order to achieve what he wanted. His tail gave a little wag as he lifted his gaze to his father's own.

They were going to put his skills to the test. Charlie felt a flicker of nervousness before he gave a small nos. "Okay, Dad." Charlie shifted on his paws and began to scent the air. Feathers and ocean, huh? Two scents he had to pick out among the others. Charlie let out a thoughtful huff, his father helping to guide him in the right direction.

"It's this way." The boy said after a moment. "So we know the direction they are in, and how to move quietly on the ground but… how do I make sure the prey won't notice me as I get close? If I can smell a bird it can smell me too, right?"