An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
09-13-2022, 04:27 AM

Mercury arrived at the wall at decent speed, eyes wide and nostrils flaring as he desperately sought a scent. A trail. Anything. Solas had been certain that Wren had been this way. And then the blood, the scent of her… He couldn’t lose her. Not like this. She had known the fear in his heart, his reluctance to form an attachment… that deep seated knowledge that he would lose everyone he loved. He couldn’t give in to the rising panic as he searched desperately for her. His two foxes had already continued ahead, scouting different directions as Solar soared above him.

Searching… searching… and finding nothing.
He tipped back his head. “Wren!” He howled. His warring head telling him of course it would end like this and the other part of him battling against it. No, no, this couldn’t happen.

"Speech"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
09-13-2022, 05:26 AM

Venturing out felt more comfortable now. Hazel was stable, and getting stronger by the day. Zee had delivered her pups safely, though there had been some complications with three of the children, they were all safe. Everyone was, more or less, taken care of. Though it didn't quell the worry in Halo's heart, things were calm enough. Well, they were as calm as they'd ever be with the number of pups toddling around, but that was fine. They were lively, and Halo adored them so. There were few things she enjoyed more in this world.

She hadn't really gotten a proper lay of the land, though. Learning what grew here, what populated the area surrounding their new home. Summer had finally come, and well, it was as good a time as ever... right? Though everything was reasonably okay, Halo couldn't help but feel the knot of anxiety in her belly as she slipped away from the Armada's packlands. She would... she'd be able to find her way home. She had to. There was no way that she wouldn't be able to follow her own trail back. Still, there was always that little prickle at the back of her neck, the one that was filled with what ifs. No. There would be no excuses. She was going to go get the lay of the land. She was going to go take stock of the local plants. If not now, then when?

As Halo neared the Wall, she heard the cry. It shattered the silence around her, filled the air with anguish. Was someone hurt? Her brow furrowed, looking to Mr. Raccoon as she lifted her muzzle to scent the breeze. Somewhere far off, there was blood. How far? Was she in danger? The howl on the stiff summer breeze was haunting, the sound of heartache. Though Halo feared the worst, there was a part of her that knew she had to go towards it, not away. If someone was hurt then it was her job to help. Taking a deep, steadying breath, the pale healer picked up a light jog and headed in the direction of the sound.

Though the man was a giant by normal standards, Halo's idea of normal had maybe been shifted in her time among the Armada. Soaked in stars and distraught to the core, she offered a soft sound to alert of her approach. Wouldn't want to startle someone who was already volatile... shoot she had all that time to figure out what to say, and still, words failed Halo. Her voice quivered as she spoke, not wanting to quite make eye contact. Something close, but not quite there. "I-I'm sorry, I heard you calling out and I um," the words come quickly, quietly... apologetically. Always an apology. "Are you um, are you wounded?" It's an unspoken offer of aid, though she can tell now that there are no obvious signs of a wound. In earnest, Halo speaks.

"Speech"

[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
09-18-2022, 04:53 PM

Mercury turned to the sound of pawsteps on the earth. Part hopeful for any signs of Wren, and part weary alert. After all, something had caused the missing wolves to bleed. At the sight of the small white wolf, his weariness relaxed and his hope folded inwards. Not a threat, and not the wolf he sought. Her stammered words fell on dark ears, and he struggled to find gentle words of his own amongst his grief. “I’m not. Are you… a healer?” he asked softly, realising then that she might see something in the splattered blood that he had missed.

“I am not injured, but I could use your aid… if you're willing to give it?” keeping his voice soft despite the urgency he felt. He had never been a hard wolf, but the gentleness that came easily to him seemed smothered and hard to reach at the moment. But he found it regardless.

"Speech"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]