size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

OverachieverSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantDream WeaverSnake Eyes
09-26-2022, 08:29 PM
Bronze wasn't sure coming here was the right choice, but he knew he couldn't say for sure until he explored his options. Living a solitary life was something that he'd grown accustomed to, but especially during the last few seasons he'd found himself wondering if there was something more for him out there. Though he'd never felt fully at home even in the pack he'd been born into - in fact, he'd been grateful when he and his family had finally been off on their own - he knew that not every experience with a pack would necessarily be like that. Maybe here things could be different. It was the only pack he'd encountered in the north thus far and so it was an option worth exploring.

He just hoped Silent thought the same. She was his closest friend - really his only friend, a constant companion these last few seasons. As he neared the borders, slowing to take in the sights ahead of them, he paused to glance back at her. Ears swiveled forward as he made an attempt to assess her mood, something he wasn't always terribly good at. Once he came to a halt he lifted his head to the sky, which was relatively clear, only marred with a few stray clouds. Bronze didn't know what to expect but he hoped this place sounded like somewhere they could settle down in, at least for a little while.

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
09-26-2022, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 09:29 PM by Silent. Edited 1 time in total.)
Life was not the easiest when it came to Silent. She had been on her own since puppyhood; the choice was not hers. She would not know what choice she’s make, had she been given the opportunity at that age. Back then, all she knew was that if she was hungry or tired, she had to eat and sleep. Cold or hot with the seasons, she would adapt as best she could.

Looking back over the last two years, Silent would reflect and feel grateful that Bronze was there. From their pup months to the first true year as adults, he was a never ending constant. No matter where she traveled, whose paths she crossed, her road always led back to him. Destiny and fate were fickle things, at times; Silent felt that Bronze was intertwined with both of hers.

When Bronze had mentioned visiting a pack that piqued his interest, he had asked if Silent would go with him. There had been no hesitation from her and the prospect of what may lay ahead encouraged her own curiosity. Silent was open-minded when it came to adventure. Whether the adventure was seeing unclaimed lands or finding a more permanent residence, Silent wanted to share it with Bronze. He was her only friend, resulting in him being completely trusted and adored.

Slender legs carried Silent forward as she followed a couple of steps behind Bronze. She was beside him, only back slightly so she would follow. Once he came to a stop at the borders, Silent’s green gaze met his blues before looking at what lay beyond. They were thick in scent and the property behind the lines looked quiet and unmoving. In the North, silence did not always mean nothing was there. She wondered if anyone was watching them approach from a hiding place.

Her ebony tail flicked behind her once as she took in a deep breath and looked up at Bronze. She gave him a warm smile and closed the space between them until she was right beside him. Her shoulder grazed his and she nudged his cheek with her nose. Whatever the future held, Silent would walk through it with Bronze without hesitating.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
10-11-2022, 01:47 AM

The Warlord was thoroughly enjoying semi-retirement. He still had a hand in the day-to-day runnings - if he so wished to. Mostly, he was here as support and to run people off the borders if they became a nuisance. He enjoyed watching his son take the reins, and learn how to navigate as head of the pack. Azure was doing surprisingly well so far. Certainly the pack hadn’t raised pitchforks to him yet. A glowing recommendation.

He was out patrolling the woods when Marshal alerted him to the presence of wolves at the border. Curiosity piqued by the appearance of wolves who hadn’t announced themselves, he veered off course to take him to where they waited.

He found there a steel-toned wolf, and a black wolf with hints of silver. He nodded to the male and female wolves. “Beyond me lies the pack Armada. Is there what you intend to seek?”

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (255)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

10-23-2022, 02:12 PM
All he could hope was that there was more to life than just surviving, and existing day-to-day; this felt like a chance at a better life for them both, as hesitant as he was to explore it. Still, he'd pushed himself this far and he had no intentions of turning back now, not until he explored this possibility. Fortunately Bronze and Silent didn't have long to wait before their call was answered, by a wolf even larger than himself. His posture was neutral as Sirius approached them and he gave a nod of acknowledgment, keeping his head bowed for a moment out of respect. It wasn't something that came easily to him but he knew this was not his home and it was owed.

"I'm curious about the pack that inhabits these lands. The north has always been my home and I'm hoping to find somewhere we can settle down.. more permanently." Had he said that correctly? He hoped so. Words weren't really his biggest strength. He supposed that was what happened when you spent so long on your own. "My name is Bronze Destruction." He'd lived a sheltered enough life that he didn't realize just how well-known the Destructions were.

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
11-03-2022, 08:45 AM
Waiting for someone to appear could have felt like a lifetime, but Silent remained open-minded. Her eyes remained focused on the woods in front of her and Bronze while her ears and nose slowly took in surrounding sounds and smells. Finer details could go unnoticed, so she chose to quietly enjoy the perks of what the pack’s borders offered. All of this went on without a word, but she softly smiled at Bronze with reassurance.

When the older gentleman arrived at the borders, he acknowledged both of them before asking their purpose. Bronze was hesitant at first, but came through with his reason before finally introducing himself. She felt proud of him for stepping out of his shell in that moment. Bronze had grown so much compared to when they were pups.

Silent’s turn came and she dipped her head towards the opposing male. Her eyes naturally twinkled before she laid out her explanation. “I am, too, curious to know what Armada could offer as a potential home for…us.” Her composure was calm and open-minded. “I am Silent Adravendi.” Her tail wagged once behind her as she eagerly waited for the gentleman to reply.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
11-17-2022, 01:06 AM

It had been a little while since the Warlord had recruited wolves into the Armada. The pack was a good size, and the move to the harsher North seemed to have dissuaded potential wolves. It was some surprise that two would come to the border now, seeking a home. The Warlord listened as they spoke

As the first wolf gave his name, Sirius’s eyes widened slightly. The only sign of his surprise. He had known a few Destructions in his time. A line he had initially written off as weak, but had been forced to change his mind when Theory and Poem had both earned his respect. “Destruction… any relation to Theory Destruction?” He asked, his posture shifting subtly into something less neutral, and a little more welcome. He wondered if this wolf might have news of that missing wolf.

As the other wolf spoke, Sirius turned his attention to her. “Come, then. Step into the Armada and see if it suits” He suggested. They could speak of the Destructions and the Armada as they walked.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (255)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

11-18-2022, 01:59 PM
He hoped desperately that he was going about this all correctly, though he supposed he'd know quickly whether or not he was based on the reaction of the wolf who approached him. Silent spoke up as well, all but agreeing with his words - that she too wanted to know what the Armada could offer in terms of a home for them both. Bronze noted the way the older man's eyes widened when he introduced himself, some sign of recognition visible there, but he had to give his head a slow shake.

"Could be. I'm not entirely sure. My father is Song Destruction, and my mother Kirsi. I was born in a pack called Incendium though it fell before I was very old. I've never known my family beyond my parents and siblings. We've spent most of our lives in the north," he admitted carefully. Perhaps that wasn't the right answer but he wanted to be honest anyway. "Thank you," he said, looking a little surprised himself at the invitation, though he wouldn't hesitate to trail just slightly after him as they headed into the packlands.

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
01-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Though Silent’s last name didn’t ring any bells with the Armada leader, she was not upset or surprised. Her family lineage probably declined over the years and if she was the remaining Adravendi, it was a fact she would have to live with. Him acknowledging her presence and words was gratifying enough and Silent only slightly hesitated for Bronze before they fell into step behind the dark male.

Her ears perked at Bronze’s history and she retained the information for later use. She had known his last name since they were pups. Her knowledge of how many Destructions out there in the world, though, was minimal. Bronze was her only friend on this continent; she trusted him more than anyone else in her life and knew he would not steer her wrong.

She didn’t have much to contribute to the conversation, so she smiled at Bronze reassuringly as they moved forward. If she needed to, she would speak; otherwise, she felt comfortable with the idea of becoming part of the Armada and finding out how her and Bronze would fit.

-EXIT SILENT-

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-05-2023, 03:33 AM

The Warlord considered the wolf's words. He made no use to use the name Sirius had given him in misdirection, and the Warlord appreciated his honesty. “I’m not familiar with those wolves” He said thoughtfully. It could be a coincidence, or an offshoot from Theory’s family. Hard to say, and he could hardly ask the ex-alpha.

He led Bronze and Silent through the woods, and towards the Cole. He nodded to the wolf on guard as they moved through the half-wall that narrowed the entry point to the heart of the mountain. From here, the landscape opened up into plains between the rocky caves. The largest landmark other than the mountains themselves was the obelisk. That stood in point of honour at the centre of it all. “There are hot springs in the cave to your left, and warrens to den in on your right. The Winters here are harsh, and every wolf pulls their weight. You would be expected to learn to fight, whether you have an inclination to learn or not” He explained, glancing towards them both to see if any of this information was off putting.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (255)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

01-05-2023, 03:12 PM
Something about Sirius comforted him in a way he hadn't anticipated. Perhaps this would make a fine home after all, or so he hoped. While he wasn't necessarily being optimistic about the chances of this being a permanent home for him, he had a feeling it would be suitable, at least for a while. Too much hope was never a good thing, but he felt less cynical than he expected about this pack in the north.

As they walked, he kept close to Silent, familiar with her company more than nearly anyone else in this world. The landscape wasn't surprising to him since he'd been born not far from here, but he nodded anyway, recording the path to memory as best as he could. "I have no qualms with learning to fight. I've had my far share of practice spars." At heart he was a defender, drawn to protect those he loved, and while he knew he had much to learn he also knew he had a natural inclination toward more physical skills. "Just never under the official guidance of anyone," he added, hoping his lack of disciplined training wouldn't be too off-putting.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-05-2023, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2023, 03:33 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
What the Warlord found in the expression of the blue wolf wasn't dissatisfaction. Not at all. As the smaller wolf spoke of an inclination to learn, his words hinted at a desire for an apprenticeship as well. Good. The Armada always needed wolves who hunkered to better themselves. As he looked to Bronzes quieter companion, he found no disagreement in her expression. "Very well. I have shown you the Armada, but I will take you no further into our Heart without a decision." He said. The Destruction name had carried them further into the territory then most, but he was unwilling to spill their secrets or layout of their warrens without something more.

"We have room for trades other then fighting, the rule for all learning is purely self defence." Here he glanced towards Silent. "And if you wish, I will take you on as my own apprentice, Bronze. And we can see how you florish under formal training." Here he looked back to the blue wolf. But it was clear he was waiting for the wolves to commit. The Armada needed to expand their greatest resource, wolves. He was not opposed to either of these wolves joining, and he offered them a place here and now.

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (255)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

01-06-2023, 04:00 PM
It wasn't a surprise that he wouldn't allow them to go further without a decision. Bronze expected as much. He took a slow inhale of breath, mulling over his final decision. If Silent showed any signs of discomfort or uncertainty he'd be quick to back out before they got in too deep, but she seemed eager to take this next step with him, and that was really all it took to push him over the edge and commit fully. He just had to trust that if this place didn't suit either of them, they would be allowed to freely leave, but Sirius didn't strike him as an unfair man. "We'd be happy - and honored - to join the Armada. I have no doubt we'll fit in just fine here." Well enough, he thought quietly to himself. He didn't doubt Silent would flourish more easily here but he'd take some time to adjust, not the most social of wolves, but in her presence, he found such things much easier. "I'd be even more honored to train under you," he added thoughtfully. Sirius had the air of a warlord, he had to admit as much, and he knew he'd learn plenty from the older male - and he had to admit he was even a little excited to get started.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-08-2023, 12:40 AM

The blue wolf was ready to commit, and do so for the both of them by the sounds of things. However, despite Bronze’s clear interest in fighting, he was yet to hear what skills Silent either had or was interested in learning. He was happy to offer her a space within the Armada, but as he had said, every wolf pulled their weight. He had yet to hear how she would do so.

He nodded his head to Bronze. “Then you shall be my pupil.” The Warlord would let him settle in, before assessing him and starting a training regime. ”And you, Silent? Where would you fit within the pack?” He asked, turning his attention to the silver-laced wolf with the mossy eyes.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
01-08-2023, 05:44 PM
The conversation became more open as the topic of what was expected within Armada grew. Silent listened and picked up the tidbits that would help her later. Fighting was essential and to know how to do it was not to be ignored. She figured it would not hurt to warm up to the idea of spars. Bronze spoke about his practices over the years and she felt a sense of warm pride. He was more than what he seemed, she would never doubt him.

They came closer towards the inner sanctum of the pack and when the conversation turned to her, Silent did not hesitate. “While I, too, will intend to learn about fighting, I would not protest to healing as a primary subject.” Her tail swayed behind her once and she gave a soft smile. “Being able to heal would be quite satisfying.”

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

01-15-2023, 01:33 AM

He gave Silent a pleased nod as she spoke up in agreement in learning to fight, and then continued to add her interest in healing. “Excellent. I will place you in the rank of apprentice for now, until a Healer has a chance to assess and place you. Our lead healer is Halo, and you can find her in the woods to the left of the entrance to the Cole” He explained to her. Knowing he did not have the skills to assess her himself.

He turned his attention then to Bronze, who he would be taking on as his own student. “I will place you as an apprentice as well, and I’ll give you a day to settle in before I assess you myself.” He explained to the blue-toned wolf.

"Speech"

Art by Salt