Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-25-2014, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2014, 12:55 PM by Saga I.)

Truthfully, Saga Destruction had been much less eager to explore the lands of their home than any of her other siblings. It wasn't frequent that she left her mother's side, and it was even less frequent that she ventured away from the den. And finding her alone, in an unfamiliar area of her home, was even more surprising.

The child's gait was heavy with wariness as she crept across the lands. Though slender, her presence was not at all submissive. It wavered somewhere in between; her tail permanently hanging behind her small frame. Though all the world was eerie at this hour, cloaked in darkness, her pelt seemed to glow as the moon's rays came in contact with it. Her ivory pelt was only marred by dull browning markings on the crest of her back, trailing down to her tail; on her forepaws, her ears -- and of course, she bore the common Destruction marking, matching lines beneath each eye.

She was as silent as a feline as she slunk through the open lands, not at all eager to bring attention to herself. There was enough attention on the Destruction family as it was, and it seemed something was always going on -- she didn't need to add to the commotion. Quietly she would come to rest near the falls, reclining to her haunches and observing the flowing water with mild interest.

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-25-2014, 01:15 PM

Dutiron on the other hand had been rather interested in getting to learn about the world and therefore had spent plenty of time exploring the lands that belonged to the pack. It probably wouldn't be long before the places beyond their home beckoned him to adventure and learn though for now there always seemed to be something to keep his busy little mind occupied. Quietly he'd go about his searches, trying to work things out and improve his knowledge. Help was of course typically needed, though for now he didn't seek the company of anyone to help him as he wandered the lands, he would let his mind rest as he made his way back to the family den.

In terms of appearance, Saga was perhaps the sibling he resembled the most, both children bearing white coats with markings of brown upon them a balance between both sides of his family, not that the Destruction boy really knew or understood that at all. Their father was still missing and not really known at all to him and his siblings, it was perhaps the one single thing that Dutiron wouldn't question; where Cherokee was.

A new question did form now however. Where was Saga? He had caught her scent now as he moved and was suddenly distracted. If he was right his sister was all on her own, certainly a rather rare occurrence especially given the time and he would move now to seek her out, eventually catching sight of her. "Hello Saga." He would greet calmly, coming to a stop at her side, his yellow eyes also dropping their gaze to the water before them. "What are you doing?"

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-26-2014, 09:45 AM

Though Saga was not always the most pleasant of children, she was slow to anger and even slower to grow overjoyed. Her demeanor was rather placid most of the time, and even now -- though her brother's sudden and rather quiet arrival had surprised her -- she did not gasp. She merely turned to him, letting her green gaze dance over his features.

She had always related with him in a way, as the two of them were a bit withdrawn and quiet, though oftentimes she did not want to accept that she could not always have her mother's attention. No smile graced her features at seeing him, but she merely tilted her head to the side and watched him for a moment. "Nothing," she explained carefully, wondering why she felt so guilty suddenly. The children were beginning to grow old enough now to leave at their own free will, provided they stayed close to home, and certainly not straying from the pack borders. Saga had never considered leaving Ludicael. Even being this far from the family den made her feel uncomfortable.

"What are you doing, Dutiron?" Truthfully, Saga Destruction didn't know why she'd gone out. Something had drawn her here, and quickly she had found herself entranced by the falls, watching the water crash and tumble gently over the rocks below.

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-26-2014, 10:12 AM

Where Saga may have craved that attention, his willing to share was the reason that Dutiron was a little quieter. There was certainly some confidence within the child, he was more than happy to go out exploring on his own, a trait that had been demonstrated before Song had even taken them outside for the first time.

"Nothing." Came the reply that really didn't explain much at all. It was rather odd to see Saga alone, and Dutiron had certainly expected there to be some actual reason for her being out here tonight. Perhaps the inquisitive boy would have pressed a little further with anyone else, though with his quiet sister he opted to give in and accept her answer.

He sat down now beside her, lifting his gaze once more as she spoke again. "What are you doing, Dutiron?" Nothing either really he supposed, not now anyway. "I was on my way back to the den until I saw you." He responded.

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
04-28-2014, 05:39 AM

Her gentle upbringing had given her a calm demeanor, though under the child's consistently empty stare was a world of jealousy and restlessness that she could not convey. It was hard sharing her mother with so many other siblings, so many other wolves that counted upon her and sought her out for guidance. Song held so much power and control, and Saga naively found herself envying her for it. Her mother could do whatever she wanted, or so she thought, with no consequence. Everyone did her bidding, and did it quite happily.

Her gaze had fallen back on the falls. The water seemed to mirror her turbulent thoughts well -- crashing and rolling over rocks below that never faltered, despite the waves. Despite the girl's complex emotions, she was far too innocent to understand them. Instead she was simply a quiet child, only reckless when being told what to do, sometimes bitter but never outwardly angry. "But where were you coming from?" She loved her siblings, but found talking to them strange at times. It was easier to be silent and listen, but she truly wondered where Dutiron had been. Why would he ever need to be so far from home? Perhaps he was hiding something from her?

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
04-28-2014, 11:07 AM

Dutiron could understand this longing to spend more time with their mother, though equally he knew it wasn't possible and instead embraced the family around him. The Destruction line was much bigger than he was even aware of, whilst it meant a lot of people to compete with for attention, it also meant lots of people that could spend time with him, help him when he needed it and hopefully some day he could do the same. Happy with life, there wasn't much at all that he could say he'd change.

"But where were you coming from?" Why that seemed quite so important Dutiron wasn't overly sure, but he could sympathise with the thirst for knowledge, even it it wasn't quite as useful or interesting a fact. Truthfully he just hadn't thought it would really interest Saga all that much and hadn't bothered to go into details. He was still just surprised to see the quiet girl here alone.

"I've just been exploring the lands." He responded. "I was sat up there when the sun started to set and it was nice to watch. I wanted to see the stars too but they didn't come out." He'd sat for longer than he'd intended just watching the colours flow through the sky and wondering how and why they changed like that. Eventually the sky had darkened to the night air above and whilst he'd longed to sit and find the patterns in the stars, they hadn't shown themselves tonight, the sky too cloudy now for them.

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
05-06-2014, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014, 10:57 AM by Saga I.)

She knew there was no reason to feel suspicious about where Dutiron had been. Saga was acutely aware that her litter-mates were innately more adventurous than she was, and though she often chose to inside and near her mother, she couldn't help but feel a bit jealous when they left her alone. After a moment of silence, she turned to look at Dutiron. They resembled one another in some ways, save for her rusty markings on her ears and paw, and she found herself growing more fond of him than her other siblings.

He explained he was just exploring, hoping to see the stars above. She loved seeing them sparkle overhead, even from the shelter of their den, and found herself longing to see them as well. The child followed his gaze, searching for the shimmering stars that were hidden from sight. "Did you find anything?" she asked softly, a childish curiosity bubbling through despite her solemn demeanor. "All I found was this water here. I think I like it." It was mesmerizing to watch the water crash and fall over the rocks, and part of her almost wanted to try to paddle in the shallows, but she had never swam before and wasn't sure if she would even be able to.

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
05-06-2014, 02:42 PM

Had Dutiron been aware that Saga wished to venture out a little more and not be left alone, chances were he would have tried harder to persuade her to join him on his quests for knowledge and adventure. Although the rest of his siblings it seemed were more willing to explore without the little nudges, Dutiron simply assumed that for whatever reason, Saga simply wasn't as interested as the rest of them. It was fair enough, Sound certainly enjoyed to play more than he and Saga was a little more distant in some ways than many of the family. It certainly didn't mean he loved his sister any less though, and would hate to know that his actions had brought any jealousy to the girl.

He shook his head sadly at her question. There unfortunately hadn't been too much to see this evening it seemed, though he was quickly discovering things about the world around him, he had to take a breather at some point, even if he wasn't aware of the fact himself. "Not tonight. Maybe I will tomorrow." He responded, giving her a verbal answer in accompaniment with the shake of his head.

At her comment of the water Dutiron would drop his yellow gaze down to the water, eyeing it with a small smile crossing his muzzle. "I'd just watch it from a safe distance if I were you." He suggested, recalling the chilly dip he'd witnessed their brother taking not that long ago. It'd been warmer then than it was now, and Dutiron could only imagine how much they'd shiver if either chose to take a little paddle tonight. "Requiem went for a little paddle a few days ago, it was pretty cold."

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
05-12-2014, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014, 08:13 AM by Saga I.)

For a long moment, her mind would stray. Though her life was as perfect as she could imagine, give or take a few things, she felt a strange restlessness beginning to form deep in her chest. Like there was something more she wanted, but what else could there be? Perhaps she craved being the center of attention, like her mother was so often, and yet she found herself most comfortable in solitude. A sigh left her lips and she returned her gaze to Dutiron.

At the possibility of him exploring more tomorrow, Saga felt her ears perk involuntarily, interest beginning to peek through her solemn gaze. But she would not invite herself, or even hint that she might like to join him. Dutiron warned her she ought to not swim in the frigid pools, but she found her interest sparked regardless. "Why? What would happen?" Maybe she would be cold, maybe she wouldn't be able to swim at all... but she figured she might learn pretty quickly. Otherwise, she was sure she could cling to the edge until help came; but that was the last thing she wanted. To be rescued from the falls because she could not even swim. Even Requiem had been able to swim, given Dutiron's story.

Slowly she dipped a paw into the water, wincing slightly at the cold. Maybe he was right... but she couldn't help but feel inclined to ignore his warning and paddle into the shallows regardless. She shifted where she sat, pulling her paw from the water and staring into the falls once again. "I think we would be fine..." Maybe it was a bit of rebellion seeping into her bones, or maybe she simply craved to do something unique with her brother; she was not sure, but she shifted her weight from paw to paw, suddenly restless.

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
05-20-2014, 01:16 PM

To be honest Dutiron certainly wouldn't have minded his siblings joining him on any sort of adventure, the company of his family was always welcomed, he simply wouldn't ask or crave for it constantly. The only thing was anyone with him had to be prepared to deal with his investigating when he found something new, that burning desire to know what he could about it. Whilst Saga perhaps found herself longing to be centre of attention, Dutiron wish for the future was to know everything. It was perhaps even far more ambitious than his solitary sister's aims but it wasn't going to stop him anyway.

At her question Dutiron would recall the shivers that Requiem had felt, chilled by the water. "Well you'd get cold." He explained simply as Saga would lower her paw down to try for herself. Even with his warning and the feeling for herself however it seemed his sister wasn't quite so convinced that it was a bad idea. Dutiron couldn't help but smile slightly and shake his head, partially at a loss with her determination though also denying her challenge.

"When Requiem went in he regretted it. You can go in if you really want to but I'm staying out." He explained further, perhaps it still wouldn't convince her but it was a good enough reason for him to stay clear of the chilly water. "If you really feel like swimming there is some really warm water in another part of the pack lands."

Saga I

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
-
player
06-17-2014, 10:29 AM

The idea of truly being cold was unfamiliar to her. She knew this season was a cold one, she knew that snow was cold, she knew water was usually cold, too -- but it all seemed very transient to her. The child gazed into the shallow water with curiosity that burned bright. She did not crave knowledge like her brother, but she wanted to feel everything. She didn't know why it was difficult for her to break out of her shell, but she felt a strong tension between her need to live fully and her desire to be safe and alone. A slight frown etched its way onto her small features, her gaze straying back to Dutiron as he spoke.

Though she was quiet girl, she was unfamiliar with not getting her way. There was little she needed, and even less that she asked for -- and the feeling of Dutiron openly denying her idea made her feel uncomfortable. Her frown deepened, brows furrowing in frustration. "Why won't you go in?" she pressed further. Cold water wasn't really so bad, was it? "Come on, let's do it." She had a growing irritation in her belly that he was unwilling to try something new, and she found herself nudging him toward the pool.

(Hope this is okay. XD Puppy drama.)