ardent

Medusa Halloween Mystery Pups!

1-2 available

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
10-12-2022, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2022, 03:10 PM by Medusa. Edited 1 time in total.)
Alright, Witches and Ghouls! The time has come and I have decided that despite better judgment and logic, Medusa is having a mystery litter for Halloween! Pretty sure most if not all of you are aware of her, so I'm not gonna go into specifics about her, so going straight to the adopts!

I apologize in advance if this is a little all over the place, I have a headache, irl has not been kind to me in recent weeks and my brain is kinda shot atm so bear with me! Any questions about these adopts can be DMed to me on Discord!

Quick Info

Medusa is having a litter of pups after mysteriously conceiving while on a trip at the hallucination caves! All she barely remembers seeing is a dark figure in the cave that had a Cheshire grin and the next thing she knew she was being swallowed and her companions dragged her back out to fresh air. Then BAM she's pregert. Now, considering that currently we are still waiting on results for the challenge (hopefully done by the time these pups are born), some things are gonna be vague when they are born/playable (assuming the challenge isn't done by then lol). Sure it makes things a bit difficult, but NOT impossible!

I have absolutely no idea how she's gonna be as a mom, to be honest. Consider this litter the testing phase. She's either gonna be good, decent, or really fucking bad at it! Would she kill them? Nah, probably not. Not on purpose, anyway. That being said, there are not really any limitations in terms of design, personality, etc for these kids. Medusa is pretty much a wildcard. She's just as likely to help someone and be nice as she is to be mean and murder someone, all depends on how her interactions with others go (see profile of everyone she's met and how she perceives them!)

Adoption rules & Info

1. Activity! Yes, I know I haven't been super active for the last couple of months, BUT that is changing and I am making the effort to keep up with things, and I want potential adopters to be as well! With that said, Activity is a must! I want to see at least 4 posts a month. Unless you have a valid absence, that's fine, LET ME KNOW AND KEEP IN TOUCH PLEASE because if not, then after two months of inactivity, or if the character is set inactive, I will reclaim it. Once you hit 100 posts, however, the character is yours to keep! These adopts must post to any and all mandatory pack events/meetings/etc, because regardless even if Medusa loses the Habari challenge, she is still going to make a pack one way or another! I want these kids active, please don't make me have to reclaim them!

2. Alignment & possible personality types: Pretty much anything goes! Medusa is just chaotic in general, though I also don't really see lawful good and justice warrior types in these pups (unless development takes them there?), with the way they're gonna grow up, I imagine they'd be more on the chaotic neutral - chaotic evil sides probably. Medusa does have illeism & tourettes As well as she is...a little special. She's both there and not all there, what I like to refer to as the smart-dumb type. (yes, I refer to my dog this way. She's smart af but also dumb af LOL) I encourage you to read up on her personality to get an idea if you don't know much about her.Fun fact: she's a graverobber and likes to collect and steal bones and body parts from the living and dead!

3. What kinda traits run in her line you ask? Anything I guess! However, skull/skeleton-like markings would definitely be preferred! skull/mask-like markings is a trait passed down from her father's side of the family, and I'd love to keep the spooky theme going! Her grandma had rainbow colors, mom and dad were simpler blacks/browns/whites with dad having red eyes and mom probably had blue/purple idk.

4. Sizes can range anywhere from xsmall to Dire! Medusa was 36" when she started, and thanks to post-height passes from events, etc, she grew some more :')

5. Plot-wise, absolutely no rape, incest, underage sex, etc. This is an absolute no-go for me, but if you absolutely want to go that way discuss it with me first. Still probably gonna be a hard no on everything. Tentative on the rapey stuff since I'm not gonna be a total hypocrite, I have rped that in the past with Player permission, however. Just keep in mind that Medusa will probably murder her own kids should they partake in the above sort of stuff. Buuut cannibalism, evil, chaotic, some sort of psycho, etc is fine. Just...ya know...if you're actually gonna play it out. Cannibalism isn't cannibalism if it's not actually happening icly and whatnot lol...in other words, talk the talk and walk the walk for the love of gods! But again, actions have consequences and I don't know how Medusa is gonna react to this stuff. Nor do I know if she's gonna go out of her way to save her kids asses if they get in trouble with someone else. She might, she might not, we'll see!

6.WITH THE ABOVE SAID (#5), just be aware that actions will likely have consequences and there's always the potential your kid will get fucked up, maimed, tarred and feathered, some sort of punished etc by either Medusa, or whoever they've offended. I can't say for sure, however, because again, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MEDUSA WILL BE regarding these things. So consider this a disclaimer sort of thing!

7.  Designs provided by me must stay on Ardent, with no exceptions!!! The designs provided belong to me since I paid for them! I would prefer you use the designs I provide for this litter, but if you have a design that fits the theme and you really wanna use it, I may consider it. Also keep in mind that by adopting a provided design, you are agreeing that any art, purchases, etc made for these adopts will remain with the adopts should they be reclaimed and readopted out!

8. Discounts: 25% off up to 41"! That is all ;(

9. Theme: Halloween/creepy theme! My pups name is Rougarou (werewolf of french lore) That said, creepy names, monster names (media, stories, mythology, etc) and anything pertaining to this theme is welcome!

Available Designs
*NOTE: Some of these designs can very well be twins! Some are similar enough that I am 100% okay with pups being twins if you decide you wanna do that! Also, anything with rainbow/odd color is going to require (possibly multiple) odd colored markings, full abnormal color, or an open character pass (easiest option).

16. --> [Design I chose]

Pups are BORN 10/31, applicants will be chosen at least a week before with 10/26 being the latest to get your app in/completed!!
Code:
<b>Character's Name</b>:
<b>Gender:</b>
<b>Adult Height</b>:
<b>Size:</b>
<b>Build:</b>
<b>Alignment</b>:
<b>Appearance</b>: 150 words or a visual reference
<b>Personality</b>: 150 words
<b>Planned Skills</b>: (Optional)
<b>Mutations</b>: (Optional, Medusa does not have any yet, but mystery parent very well could have had some!
<b>Possible Plots/Plans/Ideas</b>: (Optional)
<b>RP Sample:</b> I am requiring it this time because I'd love to see how you'd potentially play this pup!

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Beau-tifullyWritten

"The Floofiest Cat"

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Rapid Poster - GoldToys for Tots
10-21-2022, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 12:14 AM by Beau-tifullyWritten. Edited 8 times in total.)

Character's Name: Morticia Mortem
Adult Height: 42"
Size: Light
Build: Medium
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Appearance:

Morticia stands with the “giants” of Boreas and Auster, being a tall creature at forty-two inches in height. A glance at her tells you that she bears a light frame but upon closer inspection, a wolf can find lean muscle. Morticia is slender, bearing soft, feminine features. This is most noticed in her small tea-cup-like paws. She is a creature that is more speed prone and if Morticia has her way, she will avoid injury by dancing around her opponents. Her flesh and claws are both black in color and her eyes are red with a lavender ring around the pupil. Finally, Morticia has a thick, fluffy tail.

The femme’s base color is a deep, inky black. White runs from her throat, down her chest, and onto her belly. That is where the natural colors on Morticia come to an end. The rest of Morticia’s markings are a bright, rainbow gradient that, depending on the individual mark, goes different ways. While her markings are “loud” they are tasteful and shaped in skeletal-like markings similar to her mother’s own. Morticia wears her colors with pride and takes care to make sure they are rarely obstructed by things like mud or gore. Can’t show off who you are if others can’t see you, right?

Personality:

The first thing others noticed about Morticia is her energy; it's almost like she is an ADHD femme who just did all the drugs. Not to mention she is naturally loud, almost like she is constantly shouting at you. Then, if that wasn’t enough, she inherits Medusa’s illeism as an odd way of speaking. So not only is she hyper but it is very hard for her to focus on a single creature for long unless they’re really interesting. What interested this strange nugget you ask? Bugs and bones. Morticia is fascinated with the creepy crawly world and things others might be uncomfortable about. It is her belief that if someone she cares about passes away she should keep them around so she can keep some of their bones. Kind of a way of keeping them with her. She doesn’t process loss well and believes by keeping bits of those she likes she will keep them with her always. Yeah, she’s a bit of a morbid wolf.

Morticia is someone who will try anything once and is a bit of a daredevil. Experiments are her main source of fun and what better thing to experiment on than the bugs she likes to collect? She has minimal self preservation and as such acts first and thinks of the consequences later. Generally, Morticia does better in a one-on-one setting with other creatures - crowds make her a bit uneasy. This is because Morticia is socially awkward and self-conscious about what others think of her. She doesn’t understand that her family’s way of thinking could be seen as weird or uncomfortable by others. She puts up a brave face in front of others, speaking bluntly and straightforwardly, though she will revisit the situation when she is alone.

Morticia is selfish overall. If there is something she wants and someone else wants she struggles with the idea of compromise or sharing. She can be a grudge-holder for even the most petty of things. While Morticia is freedom-loving and doesn’t like to be held down she will follow rules to an extent. That said, if these rules at any point compromise her freedoms Morticia has very little problem breaking them and going “oops” later. Morticia can also be defiant if she doesn’t agree with something, and isn’t afraid to stand up for what she wants.

Planned Skills: Hunting, Intellect
Mutations: N/A
Possible Plots/Plans/Ideas:
-Inherits Medusa's illeism as a way of speaking.
-Bug and bone collector.

RP Sample:

Cool, wet grass was squished under paw as Morticia explored some land in the west. Thanks to the rain the autumn-touched land had retained some of its greenery and some types of bugs were even more common now - not that the girl knew that currently. All she knew were the locusts and dragonflies seemed like they were everywhere. She liked seeing how the dragonflies in particular darted around. They were fast and some of them were really, really hard to catch! In fact, Morticia was on the trail of one now but every time she got closed it seemed to fly off.

“Wait!” The pup cried. “Morticia can’t keep up with dragonfly! Dragonfly must wait!” Not that the little bug understood her, of course. She pouted, breaking into a run, which only seemed to alert the bug to her presence as it tried to distance itself from her. With each thudding pawstep, the wet grass squealshed under her paws. “Don’t go! Wait, wait!” She pleaded. Her ears flicked back as she saw it get further and further away. Drat! No good, she wasn’t going to catch that one either! Morticia came to a halt with a frown on her face.

“No fair, dragonfly is faster than Morticia… Morticia can’t keep up with dragonfly!” She was pouting. She should have been able to catch it! “If only Morticia had wings… then Morticia could fly too!” With her quarry lost she looked around. Uh oh, which way was home? She hadn’t exactly been paying attention to where she was going when she wandered away from her mother and siblings. She didn’t seem worried though. Curious, but unafraid. “Hmm..” She furrowed her brow.

“Now where should Morticia go…” She murmured.

Skelle

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Easter Egg Hunt 2023Easter 2022
10-21-2022, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2022, 01:31 AM by Skelle. Edited 15 times in total.)
Said I wasn't gonna but I can't help myself asdfg

Character's Name: Phantasm; "Tazzy" or "Third Asscheek"
Adult Height: 23"
Size: runt small
Build: light
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Appearance: It's no question that this boy is the child of Medusa; the skeletal markings strewn across his pathetic, tiny body are as plain as day. The resemblance aesthetically ends there however as he is far more flamboyantly colored than his mother. His tiny crown, ears, cheeks, underside, and the lower sections of his rear limbs are black. Strewn across his entire back from behind his ears to nearly the tip of his tail is a sleeved blanket, beginning with a dark crimson red and moving through the colors of the rainbow as it travels down his back and sides to end in a vibrant purple his hips and tail. His forelimbs follow the same prismatic color scheme, his orange shoulders blending down to his white tipped toes through the remaining colors.

The skeletal mask that encapsulates toxic purple eyes creates the illusion of sharpened teeth along the sides of his muzzle and cheeks, giving him a rather ominous expression. The 'sockets' around his eyes are tapered at the corners, drawing out from the eye as if the boy puts on makeup. White splotches that resemble spinal markings travel alongside his neck before shifting to the center of his back above streaks made to mimic ribcage like markings. The splotches along his spine shift back down to the side of his tail, ending with the very tip dipped in white.

As if the mask upon his face wasn't enough, on each of his hips sits a rather spooky looking face... as if it has seen a ghost! Funny how it also looks like a ghost... A white spot sits where his kneecap resides as well as two streaks down each of his rainbow-sleeved forelegs. Matching the toes on his forepaws, the toes on his rear paws are also dipped in a bit of white, just enough to resemble toe-less gloves and socks.

Personality: "a figment of the imagination; an illusion or apparition."
Tazzy is best described as a cat; only wants to be touched on his terms, enjoys knocking shit over (and just generally being difficult) for the hell of it, gets the random zoomies at 2AM, and would one-hundred percent wake you up at 4AM hungry and screaming in your face. Bringing you dead things isn't off the table either... it's actually his hobby. Taxidermy? Hell yeah!

While he has the ability to talk, he often doesn't. It takes him a while to learn to speak, often using moans and sounds to communicate at first. As he ages and learns to speak, it will be broken and he will often refer to himself by name. He also struggles with referring to anyone else by anything but their name, even his own mother. Tazzy is often literal and struggles to understand jokes, so calling anyone by anything other than their name makes little sense to him. It's the same logic when referring to himself by name, or so he thinks anyway.

Due to his size, he often clings onto Medusa and rides around on her back. He knows that he's small and is actually quite fearful of things, plus little legs make it difficult to keep up. He goes where ever she goes, whether she lets him ride or not, but when he does part her, he is actually rather sneaky. Tazzy is quiet, his light body making it easy for him to go unnoticed... though he isn't very good at hiding... or personal space.
Planned Skills: hunting and navigation
Mutations: i will try to splurge for dexterous toes to make clinging on to momma easier
Possible Plots/Plans/Ideas: rides around on medusas back, needs speech therapy, pro taxidermist

RP Sample: "Mmmm.." the young boy moaned, motioning towards the rat at his eager paws in an attempt to get Medusa's attention. His first kill, yes, but also neatly gutted and stuffed with bits of the wool blanket they slept on. Of course the skin hadn't been prepared in any way that would keep it from rotting, but the boy was proud of it nonetheless. White tipped paws were stained in red as well as much of the rest of the small child, but it certainly didn't bother him.

He knew that just moaning at Medusa wouldn't get her attention enough, though. Whether she chose to ignore him until he spoke some kind of word or she just simply couldn't hear him he didn't know, but he spoke up and tried harder to form words out of the sounds. "Mmmm...dooo saaaa... looook Tazzy mmmmd," he struggled with furrowed brows, reaching out to tug on her fur frustrated but eager to show off what he'd made with the rat she helped him kill earlier.
please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex!
eightysichs/wolfbea was hacked, what's owed has been made/paid,
and i wasn't involved or even knew her during the time she was hacked, thank you ♥

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Wraith

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
10-27-2022, 09:26 PM
Medusa pup adoption is closed!

Congrats to Beau & Skelle! I adore these personalities and can't wait to get this family started!

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c: