Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
10-28-2022, 10:33 PM

Charlton had come to visit the Hallows with his folks and siblings. He was curious about the other pups but thus far hadn’t had any interactions with them one on one just yet. Tonight, however, Charlton had put out the invitation for the other pups to join him in one of the towers of the castle to look at the stars. He had noticed it on the night his family arrived - the skies here were so wide and open, and he was eager to share the knowledge he had about the stars with either his siblings or his family in the Hallows, beaming proudly that he had learned at all.

He wasn’t even sure if his parents knew about the lessons he’d been taught. Chances were they did though. At least the cat-like beast hadn’t tried to harm him. In fact, he had been quite knowledgeable and Charlie liked meeting with him near the mile-high woods at night. He’d learned a fair bit already and he wiggled in place as he arrived in the tower. Now all he had to do was wait for some of the other kids to show up!

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Thorn

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (241)

Expert Navigator (182)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
10-29-2022, 08:31 PM

Thorn was excited to know about the stars or whatever else his cousin had to show them.  Thorn made his way up the stairs to the tower.  In his mouth, the boy carried his sword.  The sword was two sticks of wood with vines to hold them in place.  It probably didn’t look like much but Thorn was quite proud of it.

The boy made it up to the tower and bobbed a greeting to Charlton.  Thorn found a spot to rest his weapon.  “So, you’re the one telling us about the stars?  Do you know all their names? I know a tiny bit about them.  Aunty Bo told me a little.”  The boy's tail swished back and forth a bit in pleasure.  His head tilted up, looking to the night sky.  "Did you know they are important to anyone who sails?"
[/color]
"Thorn Carpathius"

Talyssa

Loner

Master Intellectual (240)

Master Navigator (244)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Indie

Critical Attack!Double MasterStudentSamhain 20221K
10-30-2022, 12:18 AM
Ever since she had followed Andromeda out the plains that night, she had been especially aware of the night sky. So when one of Andromeda's brothers offered to tell more stories about the stars, she was excited to join. Daddy had said that he didn't want them going up beyond the third floor ... but she was too interested in what that Fatalis boy had to say. Ascending the staircase, she wasn't surprised to see her brother Thorn, already present. Also not a surprise, he had managed to make a sword out of sticks that resembled some of the ones that she had seen in the armory that day, and brought it along with him ... to stargaze with.

Talyssa crossed the threshold from the staircase and went to sit near Thorn. When he mentioned Aunt Bowen had told him about some of the stars, she made a mental note to beg her for lessons as well. And while she had questions of her own, she was easily mesmerized by what she could see from her vantage point. The tower brought them closer, but they were still yet so far away.

Andromeda

"Dreamer Of Improbable Dreams"

Armada
Gladiator

Master Fighter (435)

Master Intellectual (300)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Hermes

Pride - BisexualTeacherOverachieverDouble MasterStudentSamhain 2022
11-05-2022, 06:18 PM

The stars have always called to Andromeda so, when her brother Charlie had put out an invitation for pups to join him for a stargazing lesson, the purple girl had quickly decided to go. Purple form moves silently along hallways and up the stairs to the tower where the lesson will take place. As silent as a wraith, the girl slips in behind Thorn and Taly, seating herself while offering a warm smile to her brother. Dipping of her head in greeting in to whomever looks at her. While her smart brother likes to use the stars for navigating, Andy loves to focus on all the myths and stories that surround each celestial body. Pale blue eyes look to the leader of the lesson, ready to learn and hear what everyone has to say.

"Andromeda Fatalis"

Andy has an Eastern Chanting Goshawk named Aquila and two Snow Leopards named Leo and Gemini. They are always nearby.

Charlton

Loner

Expert Fighter (175)

Advanced Intellectual (105)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
11-08-2022, 09:02 PM

Thorn was the first to arrive and Charlie grinned as the other pup started to speak. “I don’t know if I know all of them, but I’ve been taught about them back in the Armada. I find them really neat, so I wanted to share what I’ve been taught in case someone else finds them neat too!” He glanced at the stars, giving a nod. “Stars are really important regardless of if you’re sailing or just traveling. They’re a useful guide, a map way up there in the sky if you know how to read them.” As the boy spoke it was clear that he was fascinated by the twinkling lights above them.

Another pup came, one he could only assume was Thorn’s sister. Turning his head to her pawsteps, Char dipped his head politely toward her and offered a smile. He was excited to share what he had learned from the fisher about the stars. Andy would show up too, which made Charlie happy. He had enjoyed spending time with Andromeda thus far, and, grinning ear to ear, he turned his head toward the celestial bodies above them.

“Thank you guys for coming. I don’t think I know everything yet, but I want to talk about what I do know. As Thorn pointed out the stars are important for those who travel. Sailors, explorers, and a lot of folks use the stars to guide their way. The main star they look for is called the North Star or Polaris. It’s the brightest star up there, and part of a constellation called Ursa Minor. It is a stable star, not changing its position, and that’s why folks can use it to navigate.” Charlie started with something they might already know, keeping his blue gaze on the stars as he continued to speak.

“The stars make up these things called constellations, and Ursa Minor is one of them. They are areas where the visible stars make up a shape or pattern in the night sky for us to see.” He went on to say. “Ursa Minor is the sign for the little bear, and there is another one, Ursa Major, that makes up the Great Bear. Look for the North star, and see if you can trace the patterns that make up Ursa Minor.”

Gave a lesson about astrology - 1 / 3

"Speech," 'Thought.'