gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
10-29-2022, 01:01 AM

Gavroche had noticed that Bellamy was eating less and, worse than that, was running herself ragged. She had bounced between being with him and the pups to searching for Saga to setting up a home for them all. The winged male knew she was worried sick for Saga, even if the cub was a different species than her adoptive parents. The little cub meant the world to the femme, as much her offspring as one of the young pups they had now, and he knew she would not be able to properly rest until Saga was home safe and sound. He wished he could do something for her, to put her mind at ease, but unfortunately, the tiny man knew there wasn’t anything that could be done.

A heavy sigh passed Gav’s lips as he emerged from the cave from behind the falls. It had been winter here in Auster yet a strange autumn had settled over some of the lands, melting the snow and replacing it with dead, brown grass and leaves scattered about. The winged male’s gaze swept the landscape and he let out a soft huff. He was worried for his family but knew that, thus far, they had been lucky. When they had Lucette the girl had gotten very sick when she was little, scarring her parents into thinking they would lose their only child.

They were lucky that this litter was full of healthy little ones. The problem was unfortunately Saga’s absence… well, kidnapping… and the fact that it was Ignis Praetor that took her. The man’s rivalry with his mate was way out of paw and Gavroche doubted that either of them would listen to any sort of reason at this point. The two of them were past the point of no return and Gav feared that this would roll into the next generation - would more of their children become a target of the hate?

Not that he could really blame Bells for being angry. She had lost a child and she didn’t even know if the little one was safe, or if she was still alive. That uncertainty, not knowing Saga’s fate, weighed on them like a wet blanket. Gavroche shook his head, stepping into the open area before the pool where the falls came to rest. If Saga were here he had no doubt the cub would be enjoying herself and enjoying herself more when the colder weather returned to Auster.

“I wish you were here, Saga.” The man spoke quietly though he knew his adopted daughter could not hear him. “Your mother misses you.” Another sigh. “As do I.” Gavroche lifted his gaze towards the sky. “Bellamy will find you, Saga. Just please, hang on and be safe, wherever you are.” The calico male closed his green eyes.

He had to do something to ease his troubled mind. If he lost his composure it could affect Bells further, not to mention it would stress his children as well. He let his eyes open again before he padded to the nearest tree and set a paw on the faded bark. He took in slow, steadying breaths as he looked up at the branches of the tree, seeing how they swayed in the breeze and threatened to send more of the leaves come crashing down to the earth. “Allmother protect us.” Gav murmured.

Deep inside himself, Gavroche knew he needed to stop blaming himself for Saga being taken. He had five other little ones to take care of as well, and though he’d called out to her Saga had not heard. He hated that she was gone, but honestly what could he have done that would have had a different outcome? The man backed away from the tree and then sat, curling his tail around his toes.

“Great Divinities, please send me a sign. What can I do to keep my family safe? How can someone as small as I do anything in the grand scheme of things, save for tending to their hurts when they come to me?” Gavroche tilted his ears back and gave a soft whine. He kept his wings folded against his body and, for a long time, he just sat sitting there staring at the tree before him. He didn’t move, silently continuing to prey to the Divinities of Foi for guidance in these harsh times.

It took some time but, the more Gavroche prayed, the more he felt a sense of calm washing over himself as if the Divinities were washing away his sorrows, his worries, and his pain. He did not receive the message that he sought but he was sure they would send him, or Bellamy, a message when they were ready. For now, he needed to remain calm and level-headed, that was how he could be strong for his family.

Gavroche drew a steadying breath.

Yes, that was how he would be there for them.

Word Count: 821 Words

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.