gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

Rapid Poster - SilverUnderachieverSamhain 2022Statue 1 Worship1K
10-31-2022, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2022, 01:36 PM by Incubus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Incubus had been back in Boreas for some time at this point. His return was not a decision he took lightly. The male was aware that he could only vanish so many times before his family got tired of it. He could only tug at his mother's heart so much before even she turned a cold shoulder to him. It took some time for him to even build up the desire to face the Kleins. To want to wander their world again. It was not for a lack of love. Upon vanishing he found the loner life to be hard but very freeing. No titles, no expectations, and no obligations. A wonderous world of doing whatever the hell he desired. But, after a while that lifestyle lost it's appeal. As Inc's youth faded he realized he had nothing to show for himself. Maybe a few bastards and even more angry faes to follow, but that was it.

Upon returning he knew he didn't want to just rush to Harabi in search of his mother. Incubus remained hesitant for some time, allowing himself to get a taste of Boreas before delving deeper. As mentioned before he didn't want to keep returning just to leave again. He couldn't do that to Deathbelle again. Thus, he kept busy with the spooky alters and partook in numerous spars. Incubus spent a lot of time exploring and even meeting a few Wolves. He managed to keep busy and after some time he knew that he had to stay. Incubus had the desire, once again, to make a name for himself. Thus, he figured the one place he could do that would be the helm of the Empire, Ashen.

Incubus slithered through the tall grass plains with a swift but easy stride. Pink and blue eyes scanned his path ahead as he moved towards the Ashen border. He was at the eastern side, the land border of The Alabaster Shrine and The Tall Grass Plains. The only other options involved swimming and there was no way the Klein was going to show up to Ashen looking like some oversized wet rat.

Upon reaching the border Incubus allowed his strides to slow to a complete stop. He was respectful of the scented line in the earth, keeping a few feet from it. The beast soothed his breathing for a few moments and took in the land before him. Staring into his former home with interest caused his heart rate to increase ever so slightly. His nerves seemed to tingle gently with the unknown ahead of him. Who would answer his call? Last he knew Venom was Empress but had that changed? Was the throne even that of Klein blood? That thought made him uneasy just a touch. But, none of these questions tainted his rather cool appearance.

Shoving the thoughts away, his head tilted upward and jaws parted to allow a beautifuly deep howl to slip into the air.

[Image: CjtKtHg.png]
[Image: Incubus-Puffball-smoller.png]

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
11-02-2022, 09:41 AM
The voice that called to her from the border returned memories that were dusty and stale. How much time had passed since Venom had seen her younger brother? The Empress lost track of many of her siblings, unaware of the majority of where they ended up or if they were even still alive. Plague was the only one to stay by her side after everything, and besides Chimera there was little relationship between the Empress and Deathbelle’s other children. Still, she was curious to hear Incubus arrive at the edge of Ashen.

White gloved paws brought her forward as she slipped through the alabaster trees to reveal herself to her long lost sibling. He and his littermates were a huge cause in the rift of the Klein family. Venom still struggled to accept his lineage, but they were brother and sister and she would not give punishment for the sins of his parents.

"Brother,” She greeted with a curious lift of her pale brow as she opened the floor for him to speak.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

11-02-2022, 02:51 PM

Incubus waited patiently at the border. Pink and blue eyes took in the sights before him. Following the rustling of leaves or the snap of a branch. Anticipation welled in his chest but he swallowed down any nerves as someone finally approached. His gaze landed upon that of his sister, Venom. The lithe Empress moved towards him with only mild curiosity playing at her features. A single word escaped her lips as she awaited whatever it was Incubus had to offer.

Before any verbiage the male dipped his head down in a respectful bow and as he straightened back up a single word of his own was heard, "Empress." A small grin slipped across his lips as he stood in a neutral stance. Incubus was in the presence of true power and wouldn't allow his usual dominant nature to peek through. Of all the sovereigns in these lands Venom was the only one he inherently respected, perhaps Recluse as well but he didn't know if she was still on the throne or not.

"Thank you for coming." A small flattery before continuing on. "I've spent some time now as a loner." A small chuckle fell into his next words, "And I rather enjoyed most of that time." A pause. "But, within the last season or two the enticing nature of such a life has slowly waned." Incubus watched her carefully as he spoke. "I've come to Ashen in hopes of joining your ranks. - In the last season I have spent a lot of time reflecting on what my ambitions are moving forward and I'd like to be a part of our families growth and prosperity." A pause. "I've spent a good amount of time sparring and wish to continue down that path to be a capable warrior to add to your ranks."

He took a moment before deicing to continue briefly, "I have no allegiances in this world other then to my blood. I've not seen my littermates or many others of my kin in some time. If you would be so inclined to accept me into your ranks my loyalties would lie solely with Ashen." He couldn't offer much. Incubus had just been a rogue for seasons upon season. But, she could utilize his untainted loyalties. Instead of inflicting dramatics or self-serving plots upon their pack he chose to leave and merely lead his own life in his youth.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
11-04-2022, 06:35 PM
As she approached him, Incubus was swift in his reaction. As his eyes fell upon her the man lowered his head in reverence before she gave him the floor with a single word. There wasn’t much else to be posed as he began his spiel. He thanked her foremost, she could have ignored him if she desired. She hadn’t heard from him in so long, he had been added to the list of those lost. To see him now, it was tempting to immediately open her gates to him, but the harder portion of her heart held back as she quietly allowed him to speak his plight.

He vowed his loyalty if he was allowed to join her in furthering their families progress and prestige. Words meant little when compared to action though, and Venom was no stranger to one she cared about rescinding their vow. As he quieted Venom took a moment to mull over her answer before she spoke again.

"Your loyalty is appreciated,” she started, knowing full well that perhaps his sister in Habari would have been a better placement for him. "And I accept.” He was welcome here, if he could prove himself. "Your blood and words alone won't lend you much beyond that though. You’ll understand if I wish to see you prove what you say.” She paused again. "I’ll spare you the placement of peasant, and give you a rank of apprentice. If that is acceptable, then I welcome you to Ashen. I welcome you home.”

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

11-06-2022, 01:02 AM

Relief washed over the man as Venom spoke. "And I accept.” A little grin twitched at his lips as he offered a nod. But, she continued on the Incubus consumed her vocals eagerly. He expected nothing less from the Queen as she continued on. Informing him that he'd need to prove himself and he'd be given the rank of Apprentice. Incubus didn't expect to be given anything much above that so he wasn't disappointed. Plus, Apprentice was far better then sauntering around his new home with the rank of peasant.

Incubus allowed her to finish before nodding once more. "More then acceptable, Empress." He had no room to try and talk his way up to a higher rank. Incubus knew he needed to work on his skills and show that he'd be a good addition to the pack before any of that. That being said, if he had anything to do with it he wouldn't remain low on the totem pole for long.

Pink and blue eyes slipped over his half-sibling with curiosity. Incubus was officially a member of Ashen once again, but he was curious as to what it had become in his absence. "How is Ashen doing? It has been a long time since I stepped paw into this territory and I am sure a lot has changed. I know our mother left some time ago... That was shocking to discover..." Inc's gaze was a little softer in those moments. He was speaking to her as a sibling, while maintaining respect, but in hopes of learning more on what he's missed. "Why did she leave Ashen?"

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

11-14-2022, 09:22 AM
Though his reaction was subtle Venom could see the man visibly relax as she accepted his proposal. Incubus understood that everyone, including blood, had to prove themselves within Ashen’s borders. His name did win him a step above being a peasant, but only just barely. He seemed appreciative at least, and accepted her course of action with a respectable nod of his head. Venom hoped that he would adjust and conform to the pack, but she had to wait and see. How much time had passed since her brother had lived here? How long had it been since any of them had seen him? None of that mattered anymore, he was here, and hopefully he would carve his place within the pack. "Good."

That was not the only topic of conversation today, as he said, it had been a long time since his paws had tread this land. How had Ashen fared over the years, and what had happened to Deathbelle? She hadn’t been within Ashen for a very long time, and Incubus was honestly a part of the reason. After her tryst with Hannibal, and shedding the divinity of Abraxas, Venom hadn’t felt she could allow her mother to remain. Now though…

Venom took a deep breath before she began. "After Hannibal left she broke inside. I decided to take the throne to stave off her weakness, and she migrated to Habari to assist Recluse.” It was the easiest explanation without delving into Venom’s disapproval of Incubus parentage.

"Venom"

Incubus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Kara

11-15-2022, 01:24 PM

Incubus listened to her answer and allowed his mind to lull over it for a few moments. Expressionless his thoughts moved to his father, Hannibal, and how he had impacted his dear Mother so much. A pang of sorrow moved through him as he pictured Deathbelle being removed from the throne and solemnly leaving to go to Harabi. Though, Incubus of all Wolves, understood that someone riddled with such grief should not remain on the throne. He likely would have done the same thing. The Empire was not built on such weakness and its longevity would only be secured with a sharp mind at the helm. Venom seemed to be an alright Alpha so far, from what he could tell in their short conversation, but time would tell.

A small nod was finally seen before jaws parted, "I will have to go visit at some point." A pause. "I do not wish to keep you any longer, Empress. I am sure you have much more important things to be doing." The male offered a small grin as his tail flicked slightly. "I am going to go refamiliarize myself with the territory and find a den." Those pale eyes connected with her own, "Thank you for your time." The grin thickened ever so slightly before the brute slinked into the territory.

-exit-