size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-06-2022, 08:28 PM

Life had changed so much in so little time. This wasn’t about such a thing as the magic or the statues, they weren’t as important as the changes that had come in the hallows. Art and Briar were married. Fern and Rudy were married. His brother already had kids and soon Rudy and Fern would also. It wasn’t just a number of facts but Rydard felt a change from with him also.

It was like some of the energy and passion within him was calmed. It wasn’t that he had lost it so much as it had been more focused and given a new purpose. Really, Rudy didn’t know what to call it and it wasn’t like something that had just turned on one day but, a thing that had been slowly growing in him for a time.

With this change in himself, Rudyard decided it was time to make another change. Once upon a time, he had spoken of being a future leader of the pack. Hell, he’d said it a lot and for a long time but he hadn’t done anything about it. Rudy smiled softly remembering the first time he had told Artorias this bold statement and how he had truly meant it. Rudy didn’t need to be a leader of a pack, being a dad was more than enough.

Rudyard made his way to the great hall, a howl to Artorias, calling for his brother. Not desiring to be a leader didn’t mean Rudyard didn’t have another goal in mind. It was time to be responsible and step up. Rudyard was skilled, loved his large family, and was smarter than he had sometimes portrayed himself. It was time to let Artorias know he was ready to take on a higher station. The high council could use another member after all. Rudyard wanted to help create a safe and pleasant future for everyone in the pack.

"Rudyard"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-13-2022, 06:12 PM
Artorias hadn't been far when Rudyard's howl for him came out. In fact, he had been just down the hall in the armory, shut inside the special locked storage room, taking stock of the contents within with a bit of a frown on his face. The conversation he'd had with his son about the quantity of Carpathian steel weapons they possessed had prompted the Aegis to do another audit of the weapons, counting them up to determine if he did in fact have enough for all of his family, like Ciaran had asked. While the Hallows was not hurting on their inventory, the fact that they could not currently produce any more of the specialized armaments did mean that their supply was finite, and that concerned the alpha. His brother's call pulled him out of his dark brooding, allowing him a breath of fresh air he hadn't realized he needed until now. Setting one of the weapons aside back in its home, Art slid out of the room, locking the metal door behind him, and made his way to join his sibling.

He found Rudy waiting for him in the great hall. A smile plastered the Aegis' face as he approached his brother. He had missed Rudy and Fern's constant presence around the Hallows, and with his brother on the way to fatherhood as well, he had never felt closer to Rudy than he did now. "An official call means there's something big brewing on your mind," Artorias mused with a chuckle, approaching to pull his brother into a quick fraternal embrace. "What's up, Rudy? Is everything all right with Fern and the pups?" Of course Art's first concern were his sister-in-law and his unborn nieces and nephews. What other mildly irrational conclusion would a new father jump to?

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Rudyard

Loner
High Councilor

Master Fighter (245)

Expert Hunter (230)

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
11-13-2022, 07:44 PM

That was fast!  It hadn’t taken his brother much time at all to get there.  Rudy’s grin matched Art’s  He had loved being out there exploring and spending so much time alone with Fern and yet it was great to see his brother once again.  There had always been a special connection with him and young memories of bad and good times that the two shared to fully understand the meaning of such things.  

“There’s always something brewing in my mind,” Rudy snickered with the reply.  “This one just happens to be more meaningful than a lot of them.  Fern’s doing good and as much as they kick it seems the pups inside are going to be a handful.  Going by Fern’s judgment I’m a bit overly worried about her, a tad too protective.  How’d you do on that?” Rudy smirked, “I wasn’t gone all that long and you already had kids before I returned.”  The motley wolf had been thrilled when he'd learned Art had pups but Rudy wished he'd been there earlier to see the children born.

He could talk about this at any time and anywhere though, he had called Art for an actual formal detail this time.  Dad-talk was sure to happen but might as well get to business first.  “I’ve got a wife now, and soon I’ll have kids.  With life having changed a bit I was rethinking the rest of the details with life.  Art, there’s one more change I want.  I’m ready for the high councilor role.” It wasn’t just about asking for the status s his brother but letting him know Rudy was ready for those responsibilities.  

The pack had always been family that he had wanted to protect.  Up till now being vanguard was protecting it.  Now Rudyard was going to be a dad and there was a bigger picture.  He needed to help the pack as more than just fighting and hunting now.  Time to prove to the entire pack he was more than an impulsive risk-taking wolf.  What had happened to the Rudyard who had wanted to be a second alpha?  High councilor wasn’t an alpha but it was one who more closely helped assist Art than the role of vanguard.  It would mean more responsibilities and that was exactly what Rudy was after.

"Rudyard"

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
11-19-2022, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 05:23 PM by Artorias. Edited 1 time in total.)
Artorias couldn't suppress the hearty chuckle that fell from his smiling lips when Rudy made his quip about always having some ideas brewing in his mind. Wasn't that the truth! His brother was a schemer, through and through. It was a quality that endeared his brother to him. Art and Rudy had been through everything in life together, trialed and tied in the crucible and forged into the men they were today. Good times, sad times, painful times were all shared. Memories of laughter and joy, sorrow and loss, and pain and strife bound the siblings together. Truly Rudyard was one of the closest wolves to Artorias, and the man treasured his relationship with his mottled grayscale brother. Rudy confirmed that Fern and their pups were both healthy and lively, drawing another chuckle from Artorias. "Yeeeeah, Briar was the same way once she got past the morning sickness," he remarked with a nostalgic smirk. Rudy asked how he did with overly worrying about the condition of his mate and children during the pregnancy. Artorias barked a laugh and glanced to his brother. "Not very well. You know me, I threw myself into over preparing for everything. Drove Briar crazy until she forced me to slow down and relax with her." Ah, good times... "We'd been planning on pups for a while. You just happened to decide to get hitched when we decided to have them."

But Artorias knew Rudyard didn't call him here to reminisce on his mate's pregnancy or to swap father talk. Sure enough, Rudy continued on without need for any prompting, explaining that his change in his life had caused him to reflect on what he wanted for himself. To no surprise, Rudy asked to be on his high council, to move from the frontlines of Vanguard to a higher position within the pack, closer aligned with Artorias and in a safer role. It was a logical move and one the made a lot of sense to the new father as well. Were he not the Aegis, he likely would have been considering the same thing—or urged to consider it by his protective wife. Art nodded his head while he considered Rudy's words. He'd been expecting to have this conversation sooner or later. "High Councilor Rudyard does have a good ring to it," he agreed with some musing. "High Councilor is a prestigious role, one of our highest we have in the Hallows. It comes with a lot of responsibility to the rest of the pack." Art knew he didn't need to remind Rudy of this; no doubt his brother had his eyes on this for a while now. He needed to be sure his brother was ready to step up to it.

"If you think you are ready, then I'm inclined to agree with you. I've seen the growth you've gone through, Rudy, and I'm so proud of who you've become." Really, Artorias was proud of all of his siblings. Despite the overwhelming adversity and challenges they had faced in their lives, they had triumphed and stood strong against the world. Art looked back up to Rudy with a trace of a smile on his lips. There were few wolves he trusted as much as he trusted Rudy. Having his brother at his side and helping to guide and shape the Hallows for future generations felt right. "I've always put my faith in you, Rudy. I have no reason to doubt that you won't do great work on my council. So the rank of High Councilor is yours. You've more than earned it."

"Artorias"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.