gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
11-14-2022, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2022, 02:54 AM by Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

Things had been fun so far. The young boy had seemed to earn favor with the goddess in the caverns, and now he headed to the tail end of the festival back east as he heard wind of more activities, and this one was more his style. When he arrived, there were supplies spread out for everyone to use, and the little phantom slunk among the trinkets and gadgets until he came upon a familiar that had an array of trinkets spread out before her. Among the items, was a small bag of various little bones unlike any he'd seen so far. According to the familiar, they were the knucklebones of a mythical beast he had never heard of, but it sounded fascinating. A dragon, she called it. And these were the knuckles bones of the last dragon that had lived. Or so she said. Whether it was true or not, he was eager to try them out after doing a bit of self-studying and learning a bit more from the familiars here. According to them, he'd be able to potentially do some divination by simply rolling the bones onto the ground, asking some questions, and voila! Though it probably wasn't as simple as it sounded.

After all, he had no idea how to read these bones just yet, so the familiar was more than happy to help him. "Prepare yourself some questions, I will give you a few minutes to think on them." Phantom nodded and he sat back, going quiet as he tried to think up some questions. He didn't want to just ask silly little simple questions, no. He wanted to go deeper than that. He supposed he ought to start simple first though, right? Like...where he was supposed to be in terms of a pack, especially considering that the one they were in briefly had disbanded almost as soon as they moved there. Whether Habari was the right place for them, considering he didn't care too much about living beneath a volcano of all things, whether his path was even meant to stay with his family, or if the call of solitude was more his thing. The latter he'd certainly been feeling a stronger pull towards...but of course, he was just a kid. So he wasn't sure.

After a few minutes of thought as he tried to think up more questions, he felt perhaps he was ready now. Turning his gaze back to the familiar, he added "Okay, I'm ready now." He cleared his throat as he settled into a more comfortable seating position before nodding, and the familiar nodded back. "These old bones will lay out your path, child. Believe in these blessed bones, though a word of caution. Not every path is set in stone. These bones will lay the foundation, and it is ultimately up to you whether you choose to follow the path laid out, or stray from it. I cannot promise you a life fulfilled if your decisions take you away from what the bones have laid out." He nodded in understanding, and then..."What is your first question, child?"

"I want to know where my home is. Or...where it should be. My true home." There. One question down. The familiar nodded and cast the bones upon the ground and Phantom watched with bated breath as they landed upon the ground. He didn't know what to make of them, but it only took the familiar a moment or two along with a couple of hmms and aahhs before she answered. "The bones seem to lead you to a place you've never been, to strangers you've not met. A family they will become, where your skills will be most useful and where you will not be overshadowed by those who are undeserving." Huh. Interesting. "I see...and my path...as a healer. I know I'm a little...different, then traditional healers. What of that? Should I change my interests?"

He was half expecting someone to call him out on his strangeness sooner or later. The way he talked, moved his interests, the way he was fascinated by death and the morbid side of life. The familiar rolled the bones again, and this time, she chuckled. "You need not fret, child. You, as you are now, is all that is needed." What...did that mean? For him not to change himself? He was fine just the way he was? Was that what that meant? He wasn't sure if that answered his question or not, but he shrugged and took it as his current state was just fine. Or something. He didn't know. "Am I meant to follow my family wherever they go? Am I to remain loyal to them always?" He asked, some hesitation in his voice. Of course, he loved his family...or so he assumed. Honestly, he wasn't one to really feel much when it came to emotions. He wasn't sure how to name what he felt let alone how to describe what it felt like. He always just felt empty. Like how he imagined it's what a rock felt like...or something like that.

Again, the familiar rolled the bones again, staring at them for a moment before looking up and offering a small grin to the boy. "Your path is your own. You walk it with whomever you choose. Loyalty is earned, not a right. Whether it is to yourself, to an alpha, to friends or family, loyalty to oneself is of higher importance. All others come second, and we trust and know that you are not blind to this."

Hmm...well, he supposed she had a point. He still wasn't sure he was asking the right questions or if they were even the real questions he wanted to ask, but alas. He was tired from his travels and the hustle and bustle of the festival, and he was sure he had deeper questions. "What's my purpose in life?" The familiar chuckled as she bagged up the knuckle bones and handed them to him. "That, child, is your own fortune to figure out. You will do well, I am sure. You are sharp of mind and wit, and no doubt you will figure that out for yourself. Here, take these with you. The bones like you." His ears perked as he slowly took the bag. The...bones...liked him? He looked at the bag in confusion, but then when he looked up to ask the familiar what she meant by that, she was...gone. Well, that was that he supposed. Now he had to learn how to read his own future...and perhaps more.

WC: 1,093

"Phantom"