Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
kara
11-26-2022, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 03:30 AM by Thyri. Edited 1 time in total.)

The fleeting encounter with her cousin, Sanngriðr, Thyri had been anticipating finding the rest of her family. The journey was long and rather grueling but upon reaching what she figured was the west the babe knew she was close. Though, their chosen location of inhabitance was questionable to say the least. Blue eyes took in the Sand River with curiosity. Cacti, sand, and brittle shrubbery surrounded her. There was a smidge of distaste that clearly swept across her features but she decided to toss out the negativity for the moment. It was surely too soon to judge as she had only explored a small amount of the region thus far. Perhaps there was something of value just around the corner.

There was not. More Cacti and even more sand. Honestly the fae was rather bored of the area. Everything looked the same as she moved through. The sun beat down on her back and stung her eyes. Thyri was growing rather weary so impatience got the better of her. Stopping in her tracks the babe tilted her head up and let forth a call. Silently hoping one of her family members were close enough to hear.

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
12-06-2022, 10:05 PM
Getting the lay of the land had been an awful pain in the ass. Viðarr was certain of that much. The resistance of the sand on his joints, his knees especially? Nope. Nu-uh. Do not sign him up for this shit ever again, because it was fucking exhausting. The landscape was nearly as harsh and barren as the winter plains, without the added benefit of the snow and all the creatures that burrowed within it. No, this was just sand. What had Celeste been thinking, settling within the Oasis? Well, it was a position that happened to be easy to defend, protected on three sides and the desert before the fourth was a good deterrent for any possible invaders. That, and they were sure to see anyone who even considered approaching at a distance... but still. Viðarr hated the desert on principal.

The sun warm (too warm) on his back, he considered turning back toward home for the day. Sighing and gazing to Månsken where she flew high above, he weighed his options. Better not to go out much farther, but had he really covered all that much ground? This sucked. Grumpy, wrapped up in his own thoughts, and then... and then?

A call came on the wind, one that the shadow knew well. "What the fuck," Viðarr spoke to himself, lifting his head to scent the desert breeze. A call resonated from his chest in return, as loud as he could muster. That was family. That was one of his own. Thyri... how did she find him? How did she know? Without a second thought, the shadow took off in the direction the call had come.

At a distance, he could see the dark figure coming together. Dark and pale in equal measure, though he hadn't seen her since she was a child herself. "You found me," his tone was incredulous. Surprised. She'd managed to find him. There was relief in his gaze as the shadow took her in, finding no visible damage at least at this distance. He drew in, ever closer, tail wagging at his haunches as he did. "And you're all grown up now," warmth. All the warmth in the shadow, it sprung forth from his chest.

"Viðarr"
[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Thyri

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
kara
12-07-2022, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2022, 05:05 PM by Thyri. Edited 1 time in total.)
italics=Swedish

The heat swallowed Thyri up as she paced in the sand. Really, she would have to find some shelter soon. Her Viking blood was curdling under the gaze of the sweltering sun. Is this what Hel was like? Hopefully she'd never find out. - It wasn't long before that inky figure came into view. For a moment she considered the chance it was a mirage. But, as her cousin grew closer a smile spread across her lips. If it was an illusion it was a damn good one. "You found me." Spoken in their native tongue. Thyri nodded as the distance between them closed. "Of course I did Cousin." The babe let forth a laugh as she moved to press their chests together and nuzzle his scruff, "So are you, old man."

Thyri took a step back with that joyful smile staining her features. She looked around for a moment before connecting her gaze to his. "What are you doing in this wretched place?" Surely her Cousin did not enjoy the climate? With that inky black pelt and the Viking blood flowing through his veins. She required an explanation. "I've got sand in places I never thought possible, Víðarr." Another boisterous chuckle was heard as she awaited his answer.

Víðarr

Hemlock
Alleviator

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
12-23-2022, 02:00 AM
The desert wasn't his first choice... or really any choice he would have made after that. Still, he'd ended up here. While he put himself back together, gathered his thoughts, and hopefully even re-assembled what remained of his family, he would be here. The shadow probably wouldn't adjust as well as any of his peers, but that was fine. It didn't need to be permanent, just for now. "Not too old to kick your ass," a brassy chuckle, a glimmer in his eye. With his nose, Viðarr reached to drag some of the fur on his cousin's face in the wrong direction. A fond, teasing gesture.

The question was a fair one, he'd give her that. The desert itself had been forsaken by the gods, he was sure of it. Not just his gods either, no, but literally all of them. "A friend of mine is the alpha of the pack that's settled in the Oasis. They're just starting out, most are very young, they needed protection," and if it was protection they needed, then protection they would have. The shadow made sure of it. "I will stay with them until they're trained, until they know how to keep themselves safe. After that, I will build for my family." There was warmth here, the way he regarded his cousin and the very notion of family. Nothing was more important, after all.

"I could ask you the same question... were you looking for me?" He quirked a brow, curious as he regarded the young woman. She'd grown so much... he'd missed so much. As with all things, it seemed that time would keep marching on.

"Viðarr"
[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. when does the pillaging begin? Sand River 03:30 AM, 11-26-2022 01:45 AM, 08-09-2023