size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

1KThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Christmas 2019Treat 2019
12-07-2022, 12:06 AM

He had spent a significant amount of time with Claire since...well...since she was practically born. Her family had been almost like his own, and he had been loyal to them for as long as he could remember. More loyal to them than his own blood had ever shown him. After Avalon's death and the rise and fall of several packs, and with time ravaging on and taking him with it, he realized he wasn't getting any younger. Not only that, but his feelings for Claire were becoming more and more each day. He didn't know when they started...perhaps a year or so ago. Perhaps longer than that. He had initially chalked it up to simple protectiveness of her because of his loyalty to the Ancora family, but...he began to realize it was not the case. He had a feeling that Claire felt similarly, and although they shared a den and platonically slept together, their feelings for one another had been growing.

They had a good talk the other day. A serious talk...and despite their age difference, it didn't seem to matter to either of them. Of course, he did have his limits. No way in hell would he ever consider this with someone who wasn't even of age, but Claire was an adult and capable of making her own rational and sound decisions. The Armada male always considered himself as fearing nothing...but...he had to admit...he did fear losing her. And he feared leaving her...the day the inevitable final breath came...he didn't even want to think about that now.

Oh, and he supposed he feared judgment from those around him. If they judged him and Claire for their age gap...what it would matter to them though? It's not like it affected anyone else. Still, the thought gnawed at his mind here and there, but if they wanted to take the next step, he needed to inform the Aegis.

He crossed the threshold into the castle courtyard, seeking out Artorias to speak to him.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
12-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Artorias knew the voice of every member of the Hallows by heart, even those who mostly kept to themselves. Greed's call was not unfamiliar to him, though it was one he was surprised to hear summon him from within the castle walls. Putting down his work getting his Council Chambers set up, the Aegis headed down the corridors and out through the foyer to the courtyard where his elder wolf awaited him. While Greed hadn't been an ostentatious member of the pack, he was no less valuable to the Hallows than anyone else, and Artorias respected the senior wolf's introverted nature and desire for his privacy. The Armada wolf had given him no issue nor trouble, so he was curious as to what the summons was for.

Walking past the blooming violet fronds of the wisteria trees, Artorias followed the old cobblestone paths until he met the monochromatic wolf halfway across the gardens. He greeted Greed with a pleasant smile and a tip of his head. "Good day, Greed. I trust everything is well with you and Claire?" The younger wolf tipped his head to the side in curiosity, allowing Greed the open air to speak what was on his mind. Something told the Aegis that this wasn't a simple social call to shoot the breeze.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-08-2022, 09:38 PM

He looked around, remembering how things looked when he used to live here under the Ancora banner. The Carpathius family had done well in keeping things kept up, and he hoped that no matter who called these grounds their home, that it would hopefully always it hold its glory. Or at least, as much glory as an ancient castle could have. It didn't take long for Artorias to appear, greeting the old man and asking if everything was going well with him and the younger Ancora. "Yes. Claire and I are doing well," He came to a stop a polite distance away, an alabaster ear flicking as he thought about how to approach what he wanted to discuss. Artorias never struck him as someone hard to talk to, in fact, it was often himself who was difficult to approach for conversation. Unless it was Claire or one of the Ancora's...but of course, that was a given. After all, his loyalty to them went unmatched by most. He owed them a lot, and to him, they were his family. More than his own blood, even. He wasn't even sure if there were any other Armadas that existed save for one that he had met some time back...but still. He had considered shedding his surname and taking on one he could wear with pride. But then again, perhaps he was the last Armadan left that had managed to somewhat give the name a new meaning. One that would not be associated with its founders...

"I wanted to speak to you about a couple of things," He began, "Claire and I...we would like to take our mostly...platonic relationship...further. I have known her family since I was a pup, and I pledged to her mother, Avalon, that I would always care for them until my last breath. I have cared for Claire since she was born, and she has been with me since the passing of her parents. Up until recently, we were strictly platonic. But I must admit...I have been developing feelings for her for a while now. And recently, she has confessed the same." He took a deep breath, unused to speaking so much in one go, let alone telling someone that he didn't know too well his business. Especially when it involved his feelings. When it came to Greed, almost everything he did or said was strictly business or duty. But today was different. Artorias was their alpha, and he didn't want to risk Claire's position in the pack. He could care less about himself, but he'd do anything to make sure she had everything she deserved.

"We have been together since our previous pack fell, and I guess you can say that spending all that time taking care of each other and watching each other's backs since then...has helped us realize some things. I'm aware of our age gap, but...I'd do anything for her. As long as she's happy, that's all I truly care about." And that was a fact. He fell silent as he let Artorias absorb all that he'd said. There was more he wanted to mention regarding Claire, but he'd wait for now.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

If I haven't responded to a thread within a week, please feel free to bug me about it!

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
12-16-2022, 02:39 PM
Artorias was glad to hear that both Greed and Claire had been faring well. The two wolves kept mostly to themselves out on the plains, but he knew they had been putting in efforts around the pack—Claire especially. The elder wolf began simple and straight to the point; he had some things he wished to discuss. Artorias nodded his head, but said nothing, allowing Greed to speak his mind freely. He began by explaining the evolving nature of his relationship with Claire. How this "mostly platonic" kinship had changed and grown into something more romantic in nature. Artorias raised an intrigued brow. When they had both arrived at the Hallows borders some seasons ago, he had initially suspected a father-daughter sort of dynamic with the two loners. Now, he was beginning to realize that what he had seen was actually the beginning of a budding romance. Greed admitted his concern over the age gap and how that might be perceived, but declared his feeling and Claire's quality of life was all he cared about. It was a noble gesture, and the Aegis could not fault him for believing so.

When Greed finished speaking what was on his mind and gave Artorias the floor to respond, the alpha wolf simply offered the older male a lopsided smirk and a chuckle. "You don't need to justify who you have feelings for to me, Greed," he began. "So long as it's consensual and they're of age, what emotions exist between the two of you is no business of mine. I know better than most that love can come in all forms, and it's usually unexplainable when it does. If anything, I'm happy for the two of you!" Artorias appreciated Greed's concern over the perception of their relationship that he would come to the Aegis with it, but he had nothing to fear. He was not here to police inter-pack relationships unless they began to affect the Hallows as a whole. Greed did not need to seek permission from him or ask for his blessing. But something told him that Greed hadn't called him all the way out here just to inform him of his changing relationship status, so he left the air open for his Knight to respond to continue as he needed.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Greed

The Hallows
Knight

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (120)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod

12-30-2022, 08:58 PM

To his relief, The Aegis didn't judge his feelings towards Claire. Especially regarding the age gap. It was something that had bugged Greed. Mostly because he didn't want others to potentially judge them for it, and no way in hell would he put Claire through a situation like that. He supposed if it had come down to it, if there had been a problem with their ages, they would either leave (if the two felt strongly enough to do so), or he'd live out his days at her side as her friend. Whatever the case would've been, he would be content. As long as she was happy was all he cared about, really. But there were a couple of other pressing matters on his mind. "Thank you...though I do have a couple of other things...erm..." He cleared his throat as he felt heat rush to his face. But per Hallows law, he had to ask. " I...wanted to ask if...well...should the occasion arise...should we decide to take the next step and...and try for a litter...do we have your permission to do so...?" He felt embarrassed even asking that. But rules were rules, and he wasn't in the market to risk their positions in the Hallows.

"Talk"

Art||Plot with me!

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

01-16-2023, 07:29 PM
Though Greed was a mostly stoic presence, Artorias could see the relief in the older wolf's eyes. He understood; there was a social stigma around certain relationships, and those with great age differences were one of them. But the Hallows had always been a welcoming environment, and he intended to keep it that way. So long as the relationship between Greed and Claire was consensual, then who was he to lay judgment on someone else's love? Greed thanked him, to which the Aegis nodded politely. But it seemed there was more business to settle first. Artorias listened with raised ears and a curious tilt to his head while Greed asked through a hint of blush to his cheeks for the alpha's blessing to sire a litter with Claire should the time and opportunity arise. Art blinked in surprise; not because of the request, but because this was the first time anyone in the Hallows had come seeking to have a litter outside of his family. He admired Greed's integrity to the laws of the pack to seek his permission first instead of acting on instinct and asking forgiveness later. It was that kind of integrity that deserved reward.

Artorias pondered Greed's request for a moment. Though the Hallows was quickly becoming filled with puppies, the pack was not struggling for resources, and the castle still had plenty of room in it. Although there was no way to be sure just how many puppies might be born, he did not believe there would be a risk to allowing Greed and Claire to start their own family when the time was right. Casting an appreciative smile to his Knight, the Aegis nodded his head again. "I respect your honorability in adhering to Hallows law, Greed. It's a noble trait," he began, giving praise to the man where praise was due. "The Hallows is still in a comfortable position when it comes to population, so I grant you and Claire my blessing to start your own family, should you both desire to do so." Greed had followed all the steps required of a couple seeking a litter, so he would grant the two the permission they sought.

One big happy family