gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Poser
12-17-2022, 11:05 PM

Small but not frail, the crumpled figure washes up on the rather treacherous, rocky beach. She wheezes and coughs, trying to force the seawater from her lungs. Once, twice, she heaves and tries to free herself from the cold and the depths... the cold. Why did she still feel so cold? Camilla attempted to stumble to her feet, but she was still far too disoriented. Right. Better to wait until her head stopped spinning.

Spinning, that was the feeling. That, and the very sensation of waves still battering against her sides. Shivering, maybe a bit. Soaked to the bones and not much meat to spare. She had to get up. There was nothing dignified about this, the way that Camilla had simply landed in this world. This place. Somewhere new... somewhere she was alone. Maybe that was the most worrying thought of all. For the first time the girl could remember, she was completely and entirely alone in the world.

"Well shit," the girl grumbled. Finally righting herself, it took a long moment for her to get a grip on her surroundings. Where even was she?

camilla
i can be everything you need
if you make me

Ares

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
12-23-2022, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 02:19 AM by Ares. Edited 1 time in total.)

He went out to do some scout work, though it wasn't so much scout work as it was trying to track down a small herd of deer that had passed through here, but hell if he knew where they went. The Gambit Briar wasn't really somewhere he wanted to try to hunt. The prickly thorns could be unforgiving, but a deer could clear them in one jump. And he was sure that if he tried, well...he probably wouldn't quite make it. He wasn't the most agile or limber of creatures. Too much booze on his end, it was unlikely he'd clear the jump and he wasn't about to chance it. Instead, he opted to take a detour around the thorns, and as he did so, something close to wet dog smell caught his attention.

Curiously, he sought out the source, ears catching the sound of one of his favorite words. Really, it was a common part of his vocabulary. Peering around the bushes, he spotted a she-wolf that looked worse for wear, and he couldn't help what came next. "You look like you're in a prickly situation."

"Speech"

Camilla

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Poser
12-23-2022, 03:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2022, 03:24 AM by Camilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

The girl coughed, finally managing to catch her breath. Right, there really was absolutely no dignified way to do this. She shook the water and a lingering chunk of seaweed from her coat, trying to sort out her thoughts. Needed to figure out where she was. Needed to figure out if she was in trouble. Needed. Needed. Needed. What she needs more than anything right now, though, is a way out of the late autumn chill. Would she freeze faster than she dried? Camilla wasn't about to find out.

A voice from the bushes-- she wasn't alone. Camilla's head snapped around, gaze incredibly quick as she took in the man where he stood. Eyes narrowed as she tried to sort out his comment, only realizing now the depth and height of the brambles around him. Holy shit-- what was this place? Was the whole thing a thorny hellscape? It was almost like she'd left earth and ended up somewhere else entirely. Shit. Still, the girl does her best to compose herself as she takes in the man, too. "I'm the one on the beach, you're the one in the thorns," she cocked her head to one side, then the other. Endearing, maybe. Hopefully.

"What is this?" Camilla gestured to the whole of the Briar as it rose before her. What, where, why, she could have gone to any option. Her gaze remained on the stranger, rather than the land. Careful, but curious. Very curious.

camilla
i can be everything you need
if you make me

Ares

Loner

Master Fighter (240)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
03-02-2023, 12:43 AM

She seemed confused about her whereabouts. They were at the edge of the thornlands, closer to the water than they were inland. He chuckled at her comment about her being on the beach and him in the thorns. "Yeah, you're right. But at least I'm not the one that smells like a wet dog," He fought the urge to stick a teasing tongue out at the stranger. It was unknown to him if she had a protector of sorts nearby or if she was truly on her own. She was cute, even though she looked like a drowned rat. Though her question begged for an answer. He sniffed as he settled on his haunches, careful to remain clear of the thorns around him. "You really are lost, aren't ya? This is what I like to call the torture thorns. In other words, Gambit Briar. Not the friendliest place to land if you're not careful, but at least you're on the edge of it, so it shouldn't be hard to get out and keep clear if you follow the coast." He unceremoniously and lazily scratched an ear before cocking his head to the side. "If you're lost, I can help you find your way out. Got anywhere in mind you need to go?"

"Speech"