ardent

Your chances of getting killed by a bunny are low, but never zero.

Mel!

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
12-31-2022, 05:37 PM

Birna crouched low in the snow, eyeing the snowshoe hair that nibbled beneath one of the pine trees. It was far too early to consider killing one of the reindeer. She didn't even have the herd fully established yet and so she turned to other means of prey. The scent of rabbit had caught her attention and so she tracked it to its source.

The tip of her tail twitched and she sprang forward. The rabbit was off like a shot and the pair zigged and zagged through the snow, kicking up powder until at last Birna seized the rabbit in her jaws. It squealed for just a moment before it was permanently silenced. With the rabbit seized in her jaws Birna headed back to the small sleigh she used to carry her belongings until she had a chance to train a reindeer to pull it.

Speech

Raylan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

Intermediate Navigator (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Melorama

01-01-2023, 03:14 AM
His large paws left deep tracks in the snow where he walked, and he made no attempt to cover them up. The wolf was sure enough of his capabilities to defend himself that he had no fear even when travelling alone. Being solitary was in his nature, though that did not mean he craved it. He was simply adept at being on his own for extended periods of time, often going weeks without seeing another intelligent soul. But such was the life of a wanderer. He knew he'd run into someone eventually.
The squeal of a rabbit caught its attention, or more importantly the sudden cut-off of said squeal. There was another predator out here. Ears perked forward, head swinging around in the direction as a curious look appeared on his face. Raylan couldn't hear any further sounds, but he headed in that direction nonetheless. It would be nice to have a proper conversation if they were an intelligent being and not simply a predator seeking a meal.
The scent of something positively feline swirled around in his nose, and he flared his nostrils to inhale more deeply. He was not familiar with the particular species, but it was definitely cat-like. Pushing forward, now at a more brisk pace, Raylan was thoroughly intrigued.
Through the trees in the distance he could spot the feline - snowy white that blended down into charcoal grey with black spots all over. He racked his brain, the only thought coming to mind being leopard, with a vague question mark attached to it. The sleigh piqued his interest further, confirming that the feline was indeed of the intelligent variety.
"What's the sleigh for?" Raylan called out from a fair distance away, just in case the feline wasn't friendly.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
01-08-2023, 06:26 PM

Birna set the rabbit on her sled, debating about eating it now or saving it for later. With her ravens help she'd be able to build a fire and dry the meat. The rest of the carcass would be given back to the earth and her fellow predators. Though perhaps she would keep the skin and help Jynn make an additional fur coat. She thought it mad the maned wolf wished to join her but she would not extinguish the enthusiasm but it did mean she had to make considerations for those that weren't children of winter.

Her round ears perked up at the sound of approaching paws. She glanced through the pines to see a large, charcoal-colored male with ruddy markings that made her thing a little of Kiela's coloring. Birna dipped her head in greeting. "It is to carry my supplies. I am a nomad of these lands. What about you?"

Speech

Raylan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Melorama

01-21-2023, 07:57 PM
The leopard wasn't overtly aggressive at least, but he was always wary of strangers, even if he had been the one to instigate the conversation. One could never be too careful out in this world, but he liked to boldly go ahead regardless of the risks. It made life a more enjoyable experience in his opinion.
He leaned to the side to get a better look at the sleigh, and indeed there were supplies packed upon it. There was no creature standing at the helm, so he assumed the leopard herself dragged it along. With her slighter frame (at least compared to him) he could see it becoming a challenge during longer expeditions. Perhaps she was in search of any assistance?
"I am also a nomad, though I have no supplies of my own as of now." Sometimes he'd make do with a makeshift bag to hold extra food, but it usually wore out quickly, especially given he was quite rough with his things. "Is it just you?" She seemed like a resourceful creature, and he wondered if she had any friends, wolf or otherwise, to help her out with her endeavours.

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
02-04-2023, 06:03 PM

Birna stepped aside to allow the man a better view of her sleigh, though she kept her hind legs tucked beneath her, just in case. She was happy to share her knowledge as well as her finds but she had dealt with robbers before and one could never be too careful. Her ears perked up a bit straighter as the man mentioned that he too was a nomad and had yet to gather any supplies of his own.

"Is it just you?"

Birna began to nod but stopped. "For the moment. I had hoped to start a band with a focus on herding reindeer but alas it has not played out as I hoped. There is another woman, a wolf like you, who has shown interest. I also had another companion for awhile, but it is not a lifestyle she is suited to." Birna bore Jynn no ill will. "She is an adventurer and has found some sort of map she wishes to follow. My name is Birna, by the way." She carefully sat down, her long tail wrapping around her paws and then trailing off into the snow.

Speech

Raylan

Loner

Advanced Fighter (60)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Melorama

03-12-2023, 07:56 AM
His gaze shifted back to the leopard as she spoke, having had his fill of visually examining what goods she had, and feeling it was quite rude to not look at someone who was speaking. Raylan canted his head to the side in acknowledgement of her words, finding her situation most curious. "Better than being alone, at least." One or two others to him was enough for a motley crew of vagabonds, but it appeared that though there were others, there was no official grouping. A shame.
"Raylan," he said smoothly in response, also sitting back on his haunches to mirror her posture. Her idea to follow the migrating reindeer had him thinking moreso than usual. Deep thought wasn't his forte, but it was interesting enough of a concept that he just had to know more. "I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of reindeer, but I am alright at navigating different lands. Perhaps you could use a second pair of paws for the time being?" He had nowhere better to be, and why not spend some time doing something that he could develop good life skills from?

Birna

Loner

Master Hunter (249)

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Samhain 2022
03-25-2023, 07:24 PM

Birna listened as the man introduced himself as Raylan and explained that he was something of a navigator. He offered to travel along with her and Birna didn't see any reason to say no. She'd had one sort of traveling companion or another for much of her time here and it had always proved advantageous in one way or another. "Navigation is a useful skill. Have you been to the great Red Forest yet? I was considering heading there to do some scouting. As fascinating as the reindeer are I do not think I shall tether myself to closely to them at this time. It is clear the Mother Spirit has other plans for me." Birna did plan to visit the wash and other places along the reindeer migration route but for now it was time to branch out.

Speech