size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!1K
01-05-2023, 09:33 PM

The wraith had kept his mouth shut during the meeting. Not that he hadn't caught the fleeting glances that his aunt has shot his way as she announced that the pack would abandon the Shrine, and the Abraxas name. For a while, he'd considered packing his things, preparing to follow. Yet... He couldn't manage it. Staring at the only home he'd ever had, it had twisted his stomach to begin sorting through the relics of his young life and determining what was worth hauling across Boreas. The day of the pack's move grew closer and closer with each passing day, but he wasn't sure how to face his aunt Venom. The Empress, who had once cast his family out from the comforts of home and the familiarity of the family name. Would she curse him for clinging to the Shrine? Instruct their kin to disown him, shun him entirely? He wondered to himself, as he slipped through the narrow entrance to the restored outbuilding where he lived, if those ties mattered more than his connection to God.

It was too late to reconsider his position. He'd waited for far too long, and dragged it out as long as possible. Ashen would be leaving the alabaster woodlands and the archipelago within the day. He arranged the little metal teapot on a well worn hide and dropped a bundle of herbs into the hot water within. Pollux had tied the bundle with sinew, along with plenty of others at his master's direction. This blend was chamomile, mint, and a few precious tea leaves. The amethyst marked male tipped his head back and called for the Empress, hoping that she would be able to make the time to see him.

"Pontifex" || "Hallux" || "Pollux"

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
01-06-2023, 08:36 PM
Though she wasn’t making many rounds within Ashen as her pregnancy lay heavily upon her, and blindness had stricken her eyes. Maverick would have frowned at her going out now to heed Pont’s call. She had felt the hesitation in him, but knew he had been making preparations just like the rest of them were. Believing he would actually leave the shrine until she heard his voice today. One of the last Ashen would occupy these lands.

He was brewing tea when her white gloved paws carried her to join him. The shrine looked so much better since he lived here to take care of it. It would be a shame if he were forced to depart this place. Now that she saw him, she knew he wouldn’t be leaving. "Pontifex,” Venom greeted with a dip of her head, hesitating from prying into the reason she had been called here. Her movements were only slightly off because of the lack of sight. That was one thing she would miss, having every pawstep of her territory memorized. "Your tea smells lovely.” A compliment as she leaned back onto her haunches and curled her tail around her paws.

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Pontifex

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (85)

Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Virgil

Pride - HomoromanticPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Fail!1K
02-04-2023, 08:44 PM

He was not left waiting long, and when the Empress arrived she did so with all of her usual poise. He dipped his head respectfully as she greeted him, returning "Empress," in his usual soft croon. She complimented his choice of tea for their meeting, and he couldn't help but flush with pride. Two toned eyes dipped to the ground and drifted to the pot for a moment. It would be done brewing soon. "Thank you." he said just as quietly, lowering himself to his haunches a few moments after his aunty had done so. "May I offer you a cup while we chat, if you have the time to spare?" he asked her, already brushing his digits against the familiar body of the pot to test the temperature against his skin.

The smell wasn't quite potent enough, he knew he needed to be patient a little while longer. So he cast his attention to the Empress, and let loose a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. "I noticed that you were paying attention to how I would react to the move, when you announced it in the meeting." he began cautiously. A frown pinched his features, a line between his brows that he couldn't quite banish no matter how much he might want to appear neutral in this moment. "You know the importance of the Shrine, to me.. and to God." part of him was wary of mentioning the topic, knowing how she had urged them all to abandon the teachings he held so dear. "I understand why you've made this decision, and I'm very happy to see that you have been blessed with a new beginning. You and Maverick are well matched, anyone can see it. Our shared past with God and the Shrine has been... well, tenuous. I do not resent you wanting to turn away from Him to follow the path that brings you the most joy and fulfillment." What a long preamble, why was he tiptoeing around the topic? It must be the solitude of living on his own in the Shrine, he can't help but let all the bottled emotions tumble free.

He sighed again, began arranging the two cups so he could easily pour the fully steeped tea into them. It felt better to be doing something else as he spoke, he didn't have to look so closely at the Empress' expression to gauge her reactions. "However.. I don't think I can come with you. The Shrine has always been my home, and I can't walk away from my calling." if she had accepted the cup, he could gently slide it over the smooth fur of the pelt beneath them to rest at her feet. He bowed his head, took a small drink of the cup at his own feet. "I think this may be where we part ways, at least for a little while." he finally said the words aloud, and with the words he felt a weight lift from his delicate shoulders. How would his aunt take the request? It was hard to read her expression, as always.

"Pontifex" || "Hallux" || "Pollux"

Pontifex's companions are a female Pesquet's Parrot named Hallux and a male Emperor Tamarin named Pollux, who are nearby and likely within earshot unless otherwise mentioned.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
02-05-2023, 01:58 PM
Being without sight was a harsh inconvenience, especially now at such a crucial moment with her nephew. She did care for him, and wanted to see him perform at his best. If that meant this was where their paths split Venom wouldn’t have been surprised. He greeted her politely in return and offered her a cup of the tea that she had complimented. After benign with Hattori she had become familiar with the beverage, but she hadn’t kept up with serving it since the Shinobi turned away from them.

"Of course,” the Empress nodded slightly as she accepted his offer. She gestured for him to go on as she tilted her head curiously. He spoke back to the meeting, not having missed her glances as she spoke on the high tension topic. Pontifex was the last holdout of the religion's grasp within Ashen. "Yes, I was particularly interested in your thoughts about my decision.” She admitted before he continued. Again Venom nodded, she knew the significance of the shrine, which was a large factor in her decision making.

He went on a littler nervously, and presumed more than she would allow. "Pont,” Venom replied softly as he paused. Her words smooth and gentle yet serious in her conviction. "I need you to know that it was Abraxas that turned away from me.” She would defend her belief if he pushed, but that was not the purpose or meat of his conversation. Venom believed her words sufficient for now as he slowly poured the tea and arrived at the true reason for their visit.

He told her that he couldn’t see himself leaving the shrine that was so dear. She sighed softly, her expression softening. "I understand.” Far too much. "I clung to it for a long time, hoping for what, I don’t know.” Her father’s approval, his return, a sign from Abraxas? "I hope that you prosper here, Nephew.” Venom offered her blessing, however much it was worth. "Ashen will always be waiting, if you have need.”

"Venom"
[Image: ven-sig.png]