size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-15-2014, 08:19 PM

Hani Haust

Hani had run as far as she could, and after that, she had passed out. When she awoke, and her high had died, she suddenly felt very alone, "STUPID! What did you thing you were even doing? Oh, yes, Hani, let's get high with the stranger! He wasn't a complete stranger. OH, BIG difference that made. Yeah well? 'Let's prove him wrong! Let's get high!' you said, how'd that work out? He could have given you sleeping plants and RAPED you, you know! He was eating them too! OH, like YOU would know a difference! You're a yearling! Okay, okay, maybe I'm not super trained but I can make it on my own! No you can't. You need a pack. I do NOT need a pack. Oh, okay, because trusting strung out wolves you met while jumping in mud puddles would be so much better!" Hani grimaced, her thoughts had a point. She was alone, she was young. If she wanted to be a loner, maybe that would have to come later. For now she needed to learn, she needed to train, and she didn't really care where as long as the snow king she learned about what seemed like forever ago wasn't there. Seemingly by fate, Hani smelled the markings of a pack land. She wondered quickly if she had been in their boarders while high, but ruled it out. She had been walking on for a long time, there was no way she was near these boarders while she was high. She found comfort in that- these wolves wouldn't know about that incident- and decided that she could home here for a while. Surely these wolves could help her, she was still young and trainable. In return, Hani was sure she could help them in hunts and other things, but at least hunts. An odd, nervous feeling bubbled in Hani's chest as she neared the boarders. She checked her stance to make sure it was submissive, then sat to make sure they would know she meant business. She didn't know much about the pack, but she was willing to trade her independence for safety. It was time. Hani let out a howl -the first she had made in many seasons- and then waited.

Do

Speech

Thoughts

You

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-22-2014, 08:21 PM

Natalya was distracted as of late, taking a break from her duties to rekindle her relationship and to find herself again. But the time had come to focus again. Virgil was quite busy with her pups and several of the members were off doing their own things, so pack activity had come almost to a halt. After the work it had taken to get here, Natalya would not allow Olympus to fail. Thus she now stepped up to the summons at the border, prepared to help her family thrive again.

She found herself before a young female, by the smell of it. Her head was held high as she approached and she gave a quick bark to alert the girl to her presence. Though part of her wished she could see what the girl looked like, the other part thanked the gods for her blindness. It allowed her to see what was most important about a wolf, without judging based on appearances first. Nonetheless, she couldn't help but wonder what assumptions she would make about others if she could see them.

Without showing any signs of her handicap she stopped just short of the newcomer and cleared her throat. "I am Natalya, the Centurion on Olympus. Stranger, what brings you to our borders?" "Speech"

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM

Hani Haust

Hani sat and waited for what seemed like forever. Her paws kneaded the ground and anticipation wracked her body, "What if they don't want me? I can't do much at all. Calm down, you're like a year old, so chill. If even So Cray could see you were a yearling, so should everyone else, right? Well yeah it's-" A bark broke into Hani's thoughts, making her jump with surprise, her ears swiveling to find the source. As the woman- she thought- approached, Hani was yet again caught off guard. The wolf was like a shadow, sleek and black, with piercing black eyes to match. Hani heard herself gasp slightly before she could control the reaction.

The femmie stopped and, by scent, the yearling was reassured that she was female. She spoke, giving her name and quickly asking why the other was at the boarders. Hani wasted no time responding, forgetting the woman's name almost immediately after hearing it,
"I-I'm Hani Haust! A year and some seasons old! I wish to join this pack, and to learn more about it! I can train and become better at maybe anything- probably- and am willing to give my all for the goodness of the pack in exchange for safety in numbers!" her reply barked out. The girl tried to calm her rapid heartbeat and steady her breathing before she spoke again, but to no avail, "I'd like to join your pack if you'd have me!"

"If you'd have me. IF you'd HAVE ME?" Her thoughts quickly mocked. Hani swallowed and looked down at her dust colored paws, her ears flicking back, "Please?"

Do

Speech

Thoughts

You

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-24-2014, 06:35 PM

The faint sound of a gasp reached the ebony she-wolf's ears and caused her to smirk slightly. Occasionally she was met with such a reaction - it was not often, after all, that one happened upon a wolf of her appearance. She did not react, however, simply sitting back on her haunches with her head high to listen to the girl before her.

Girl was certainly the appropriate word. It was clear from the moment she opened her mouth that this one was not practiced in communication, especially under such circumstances. She was a yearling and seemingly inexperienced at that. Natalya knew that she would require more than a simple wish to join before ever allowing this one to step over their borders. Without any tone of judgment in her voice, she cut in abruptly as the girl finished speaking, leaving her no time to add more panicked words.

"You are but a child, Miss Haust, and you have much to learn about where you stand before you can begin to wish to join us." She narrowed her eyes and gave her a pointed "look" before continuing. "Olympus is not only a home, it is run by and named for my family. My niece, Virgil, is our Empress and her word is law. We are a family descended from the gods themselves and this pack is their gift to us. Strength and loyalty to the family are most important here. If you wish to join us, you must be prepared for vigorous training and the impending expansion of our pack into an empire." She paused, giving the girl a moment to consider her words.

"I am under the impression that you are not a yearling who has seen many battles or hardships - if I am wrong, feel free to correct me. Our pack is very strong and will give you great protection, but you must be willing to offer the same for us and life here will not be easy. It may not be the place for you, but if you are determined and can convince me, I may welcome you in. If you are accepted, you will be given the rank of Squire and assigned a mentor to train you to fill a position in your second year."
"Speech"

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-24-2014, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2014, 07:16 PM by Hani.)

Hani Haust

The woman answered so pointedly and so quickly that Hani felt suddenly scolded. Her eyes stayed glued to her paws as the female continued , missing her look completely. Hani tried not to be intimidated, but she found it harder and harder to look up. Her mouth began to run dry, "Empire? What's the difference between a pack and an empire? " Hani wondered for a second, most of the words were a blur; after seeing the things she had seen on her trip, Hani would give her tail to be in a pack. If she was trained, she could live on her own again. Right?

As the female began again, Hani's head hung. The woman criticized her lack of experience and Hani could do nothing but nod. She didn't expect it to be easy, but she didn't want to be ruled by a snow king or have to fight right away- surely if she did she would fail miserably- but she was open to learn. She was young, she had energy, and a small, rebellious part inside believed that if she tried hard enough she could maybe even one day match the rank of this wolfess- the aunt of the alpha wolf that was "sent from the gods" or something. She didn't really buy into that yet, but she was sure if she tried, if she just put effort in, she would learn a lot and maybe become strong like this woman.

Hani thought for a moment, her brow furrowing. She could do this, right? She could take this challenge, couldn't she? A mix of pride and determination rose in Hani's chest as she looked at the woman in the eyes for perhaps the first time since the brief glance of their meeting,
"I can do it. I can't do a lot right now, really, but I can become a worthy member of the pack- I'm sure of it. I'm sure. How do I get accepted? I'm not very impressive. I'm not too strong, but give me training and I'll show you determination." Hani finished with an intake of breath that she would unknowingly hold until the other gave her an answer. She was determined, but for the first time in her life, Hani was suddenly forced into being serious. She had always wanted to, at least at some point, but it was suddenly very real very fast.

Do

Speech

Thoughts

You

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-25-2014, 07:21 PM

It seemed that her brutal honesty had not frightened the girl away. She had expected the yearling to turn tail and run after learning what Olympus was about, given her inexperience and lack of strength. Instead she took on an air of determination that Natalya had not expected. Her tail swished in approval. There was no point in wasting time from here on out.

"If you are certain that you are prepared for the tests life in Olympus will offer you, then you are welcome to join us. First, however, you must agree to be loyal to the Olympus family and to obey the laws of the pack. Pack laws are fairly basic - you must respect our allies, you must defend our borders, and you must always work to ensure the well-being of the pack. Can you agree to all of these things?" She would pause for the girl's answer before continuing.

"Second, you must choose an area to specialize in. This can be either hunting, healing, or fighting. You will train for this position under a current member of Olympus until the time comes that you are ready to be promoted. Which seems most appealing to you?""Speech"

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
04-25-2014, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2014, 07:42 PM by Hani.)

Hani Haust

As the woman's tail swayed, Hani felt herself tense slightly. Did she make the right choice? Did she say the right words? The fae went on to speak and Hani let out the breath that had been burning in her lungs. Her heart beat steadily, if not a bit fast, and as the woman asked her to agree to protect the pack and the royal family, Hani was ready to answer without hesitation, an odd new passion shining in her eyes, "Yes! I agree to and promise this." That was it, right? Was she a pack member now? Was this her home?

As the woman told her of specialties, Hani knew which she wanted to go into. She wanted to prove So Cray wrong. She could be a grown up, and better yet, she would learn about drugs he had never even heard of. More than even that, Hani knew that with the knowledge of healing, her travels would be a lot easier, and if she did ever come onto trouble, she would know how to handle it. Healing was definitely the right choice, she decided,
"I'd like to go into healing. I'll learn the herbs and how to treat wounds while I train, that way I can be most useful." Hani dipped her head in what she assumed was respect, an odd feeling stirring in her chest. Was this even real? Was she a pack wolf now?

Do

Speech

Thoughts

You

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
04-27-2014, 11:03 AM

"Then it shall be done," she said with a slight dip of her head. "You are now a wolf of Olympus, welcome Hani Haust. Your mentor will be decided soon, but for the time being you should work on training your body. All members of Olympus must be able to defend themselves, though you will not be expected to live up to the caliber of our warriors. I will see if one of my sons, perhaps, would be interested in sparring with you."

Natalya knew that this girl would certainly cause questions from her family - now she was young, still unexposed to the woes of the world and the struggles of life. It was, however, her determination that drove Nat to welcome her into their ranks. She was still malleable and sooner than later the strength and values of the Olympians would be instilled in her. Natalya only hoped the others would see that as well and ultimately understand her decision."Speech"