gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarredVengeanceCritical Observation!1K
Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-16-2023, 07:36 PM

Bellamy had passed by the territories of another pack in Auster enough to know that it was about time she paid them a visit. She knew little about this pack, though she believed it was one that Kotori had mentioned. The Hallows, right? Part of the Empire… and what should have once been an ally to Menagerie before its fall. Holding true to her word, Bellamy did not wish to cause any trouble with this pack… it would be cruel to Menagerie’s memory, and besides that, Bellamy had little interest in causing trouble for other packs. Her family had a home, and Ethne was growing… why jeopardize that? For what? She drew in a breath, crossing the one expanse of territory that was between her pack and The Hallows.

Near their borders Bellamy slowed to a stop. There were a couple of different scents she could make out here, likely just the patrols that passed by. But already the pack seemed to prove longer standing and, very likely, bigger than her own. Bellamy lowered her haunch to the ground, calling for the leader of this pack. She had also made a mental note to go see Kotori again as well. She was sure his pack was doing well, he’d been determined when she’d met with him the first time.

Like with Elysium, the woman had brought some gifts for The Hallows as well. This time she had brought feathers, as well as some of the herb surplus that Gavroche had gathered to use for gifts. She perked her ears forward, hoping for the best for this meeting.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
01-20-2023, 01:56 PM

Preparations for the Bonfire Festival were well underway in the Hallows and the whole pack was abuzz with activity as materials and food were gathered for the fire and feast. As he did, Artorias was in the trenches with his wolves, helping out wherever he could. He was out amongst the plains where the pack had been gathering stockpiles of deadwood and lumber to use as kindling for the bonfire when the call came out from the southern border, a voice he didn't recognize requesting his presence. With a curious tilt to his head, Artorias stepped away from the work and made his way across the lush fields to greet their visitor. When he arrived, he found a familiar monochrome woman waiting for him, sitting in repose and enjoying the warm Austral summer day. He recognized her from the pack challenge that had been called off some seasons ago back north. Though he had never formally met her, he did recall she had been a part of Menagerie once upon a time. Her presence here intrigued the Aegis, and with a curious expression he approached and smiled to her.

"Good day, Miss," he greeted her with a tip of his head, coming closer to take a seat a short distance across from her. "Welcome to the Hallows. I am Artorias Carpathius, alpha of the Hallows pack. I believe I saw you at the Valhalla pack challenge some seasons ago, right?" He tipped his head curiously as he gave the elder wolf the open air to introduce herself and speak her mind. At the very least, she hadn't summoned him for a challenge on the Hallows, so Artorias could breathe a sigh of relief there! She must have either acquired her pack by other means or no longer sought to be an alpha. He supposed he would get his answer in due time.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

Master Intellectual (254)

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
01-24-2023, 09:22 PM

During Bellamy’s wait, she decided to take a seat and get comfortable. The woman had set Gavroche’s bag to the side as well. She was still getting used to the whole diplomatic part of being an alpha, but as Ethne’s Leader, it was her duty to do so. She would have to overcome her insecurities and doubts. She could do this, she could stand strong for her wolves. Bellamy drew in a breath. Things might have been getting a little smoother, but she didn’t think that it would ever truly be easy. This meeting would hopefully be a fruitful one. Bellamy knew she had at least one enemy in the world, and didn’t doubt that she might make others… but for the sake of Ethne, she wanted as little of that as possible.

Before long the alpha of the Hallows began to approach. Bellamy offered the man a smile, and as he greeted her, Bellamy tipped her head to him as well. “Greetings, Alpha Artorias. I was, yes.” She would not try to deny it or hide her intent during that challenge, even if it never amounted to anything. “It was with no ill will towards their alpha or pack, however. At the time… I truly believed the only way to secure a place for my family, my children, was to claim a pack from another.” She spoke with sincerity, her ears lowering.

“It was… a blessing in disguise that the challenge did not go on. While I would have fought to secure a safe place for my mate and children… in hindsight, I would not have been able to sleep well knowing I ripped the home from others. Funny how, even as you continue to age, you can still learn some of the most important of lessons.” Bellamy’s expression softened. “I was able to acquire a place for them by other means, however, and I’ve slowly been reaching out to other packs within Boreas and Auster. Considering the Hallows are close to the lands my pack, Ethne, have claimed… I figure it only right that we have a meeting at last.” At this Bellamy tipped her head.

She would own up to the mistakes she had made. She had realized, when finally claimed the Falls and laid with her little ones and Gavroche behind the falls, that if she had taken the pack from Valhalla’s leader and their wolves… she would have felt a guilt eat at her unlike any other. It was also true that, despite being seven years old, she was still learning lessons of life. It seemed her time as a slave had given her a mindset of doing whatever she felt was the easiest route… but that wasn’t always the case. She was starting to take others into consideration, those outside her own family…

“I am Bellamy, Leader of the pack known as Ethne. I was hoping to avoid hostilities between our packs… and, should our meeting lead to it, even be on friendly terms. I view those in my pack as my family, and I want to avoid putting them in danger. Our unity is one beyond blood, and our differences are our strength…” Bellamy drew in a breath. “But I do not wish to get ahead of myself. I know little of the Hallows… other than it once being allied with Menagerie, where I had joined under Wren. I was hoping we could share some information about our packs and see what sort of stance we might be able to take with each other afterward. I’ve done a fair bit of talking now, but if you wouldn’t mind taking the floor now, Artorias, I’d be happy to listen.”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Bellamy has two companions - a Tasmanian devil and an American badger. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
01-28-2023, 04:12 PM

Artorias listened intently while Bellamy introduced herself and spoke of the Valhalla challenge that she had made herself known to the public with. More than just her words though, Artorias listened to the woman's tone, her body language, getting a read for who Bellamy truly was. The older wolf seemed almost embarrassed by her past actions, a remorse noted in her expression and in her voice. Artorias did not hold it against Bellamy to do what she felt was right for her family at the time; he had long since come to learn that the ways of the world were sometimes cruel and merciless, and doing right for one would sometimes mean doing harm to another. Life was a delicate game of balance that every living creature played. Still, the Hallows held no deep love nor allegiance with Valhalla, so he did not begrudge Bellamy for her actions or intents. He was glad to hear that she and her mate had been able to establish their pack without further violence or force however. He thought of that other wolf, Medusa, and how her wanton violence and lust for vengeance had cost the Klein family their home and freedom. He was glad to know Bellamy was not another Medusa. A smile warmed Artorias' already welcoming features, already finding Bellamy's candid demeanor refreshing.

With a wave of a large blue paw, Artorias dismissed Bellamy's rueful words with a gentle shake of his head. "Empathy is a long and slow lesson for us to learn. What we do with the best intentions in our hearts can sometimes have grave consequences for others. But life is all shades of gray like that, and seldom is anything ever cut and dry. But we learn, and we move forward with those lessons, as it seems you have." Artorias perked up when Bellamy mentioned the desire to learn more of his pack, and in turn share some of her own with him, expressing an interest in concord between the two packs. "It would be my honor to tell you of the Hallows, Lady Bellamy! Would you walk with me, take in the sights while we talk?" The young Aegis had always found these conversations easier if they were moving rather than sitting like statues in one place passing snippets of info back and forth to one another.

Turning on his paws, the ebony and azure brute motioned with his head for Bellamy to follow him. He set an easy and leisurely pace for the two of them to walk along the perimeter of Hallowed lands, giving Bellamy the chance to take in the rolling fields of green grass and the high castle walls and spires nearby with the picturesque ocean backdrop just beyond it. "The Hallows was originally founded by my mother as a sanctuary pack, open to all who required shelter, medical attention, or simply a place to rest for a time," he began to explain to his guest, looking out over the sun drenched lands his family called home. "We've been fortunate to have been blessed with a peaceful existence for the most part. Although we were never in any official alliance with Menagerie, our core tenets remain the same for all—the Hallows is open to all who come with peace in their hearts. No matter your origins, creeds, or beliefs, so long as someone does not bring violence or malice to our doorstep, they will be welcomed by us. My mother intended the pack to be an asylum for all to rely on as needed, and with her mission in mind, I've continued to keep to that mantra."

Artorias glanced to Bellamy with a warm smile, his fiery amber eyes bright and alive with an excitement to get to talk about his family's accomplishments. "My family, the Carpathians, have existed outside these lands for many generations. My mother was the first to come to Boreas, and when my litter was born, we became the first generation to expand here. My mate and I recently had a litter of our own too, so the family continues to grow!" He chuckled and grinned, reflecting on how much his family had grown and changed in such a short period of time. "If you ever get the chance to meet my family or my siblings, you'll see just how eclectic of a bunch we are. But like Ethne, we draw strength from our differences and collaboration. The Hallows is a blend and celebration of all that makes us unique. We're a beacon for those who need a light in their darkest times. Often, many of those who seek us out choose to stay to help with our mission and pass on the good will to the next soul who needs us. We're not perfect by any means, but we try to make the world a little bit better for our efforts." Artorias let his words drift off them, allowing silence to pass between them for Bellamy to absorb all the information he had given her and ask any questions she had before he put the ball back in her court. The younger man looked over to his fellow alpha with a curious tilt of his head. "And what of Ethne? What does our newest neighbor stand for and believe in?"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-08-2023, 07:29 PM

Artorias quickly understood where Bellamy was coming from and sympathized with the lessons she’d learned. For a younger alpha, he seemed to be wise beyond his years, not to mention kind. It was hard for the old femme not to develop a liking for him almost immediately. Maybe it was due to a lack of such kindness and understanding in her youngest years that made the impact of these acts hit the Ethne Leader even harder now that she was an older adult. Besides that, she was still learning about the world around her, and the wolves that lived in it. Not everything was black and white and some relations would be more complicated than others, but Bellamy was finding empathy and compassion growing to be more important to her. There was enough trouble in the world, and enemies who would do you harm, without adding others unnecessarily. Not that she was a saint herself, but she was trying to better herself, for the sake of her family, her pack, and herself.

When Art invited Bellamy to walk with him the older alpha happily accepted. She fell into a pace that matched his fairly easily, her moss-green eyes casting a curious look at the landscape beyond where they were. The Hallows. While curious about them, Bellamy had no intention to bring any sort of harm or danger to her new neighbors. In fact, ideally, she’d prefer to avoid any pack-based conflicts by prioritizing trade and self-sufficiency of Ethne. She might have spoken best in battle, but that was not the life she wanted for her children, adopted or otherwise. Or any of her members, for that matter. She wanted to protect them, and fight for them… and if that meant she needed to change how she approached others then she was going to have to make that adjustment.

Bells was quiet at first, listening to Artorias as he shared information about the Hallows’ founding and their mission. Her heart sank a little at the information. A sanctuary… what a shame that a place like this had not existed when she herself was a child in Lyenne. Her green eyes took on a faraway, glassier look as she processed that information. “It is quite fortunate that your pack has mostly known peace. Such a pack is one to be admired and protected, not harassed by those with darkness in their hearts.” Her words were quiet, yet gentle and sincere. No pack that would only seek to help those hurting should have to suffer.

She was, however, a bit surprised to hear that the Hallows hadn’t officially been allied with Menagerie. It just went to show how much she had known as a member of the pack, especially with the brief time she’d been there before Wren’s disappearance. “I had not realized that was the case… not that it changes my stance on not wanting to cause the Hallows grief. I’ll be honest… I had not known Wren for long, nor much about Menagerie…” Bellamy frowned, furrowing her brow. “And, ignoring my time in an Empire as a slave during my childhood, I had only ever briefly been in one other pack. It was hard to get the courage to trust another alpha after losing my friend Acere.” The woman’s voice became quiet once more, thoughtful.

Bellamy listened once more as their walk continued and Artorias went into a little more detail about his family and their accomplishments. This information seemed to lift her spirits a little from the darker place they had fallen to and a small smile graced her lips. “Congratulations. There is nothing like the feeling of having your own family and the joys of watching your children grow. A challenge at times, but worth it. My mate and I welcomed five more children into the world this past summer, well, Boreas summer, to join their older sister.” Overall, it seemed that the Hallows had many of the same foundations her own pack held. While she wouldn’t necessarily call them a sanctuary, she wanted to make sure it felt like a home for those that settled there. A safe place where they could be themselves and not face judgment. But now with Artorias finished, he turned the floor to her, and Bellamy drew in a breath, figuring it might be best to start with her beginnings to help set up that foundation.

“To answer that I would need to start with my beginnings, and where I came from.” The maned alpha began. “I was born in a land outside of Boreas and Auster, a continent by the name of Lyenne. I was born to a pair of loners, as well as my sisters, at a time when an empire was conquering packs left and right and tearing families apart.” Bellamy drew in a breath, steadying herself as she prepared to share the next bit of information.

“I was barely out of the den when a cave-in claimed one of my sisters. During the efforts to try and dig her out my family was attacked by soldiers of the empire. My parents were slain before my eyes and when my remaining sister sought to resist them, they killed her too. I was taken into the empire as a fighter and slave… Fighting fodder, really. I was meant to be one of the first on the line for conquering others and my life, my existence, was expendable. Those were such dark times, full of pain given and pain received… I found myself most easily on the battlefield, the only place where I seemed to have any ounce of freedom.” Bellamy frowned deeply as she continued.

“I spent my childhood as a slave to the empire… and once I had grown, I decided it was time to fight my way out. I thought that as a good measure, I’d slay that wicked empress before I fled. It almost came back to haunt me when I was captured by her heir years later, but I managed to slay that one as well. The empire crumbled after that. It was during that time, when I had been captured, that I met my mate. His grandmother, ironically, had been the original empress. But he was not like his family. He was kind, and gentle, with the heart of one who wanted to help and heal rather than cause pain. He was considered a freak to his family, a blemish on their bloodline for his tiny size and the wings that had grown on his back. I had decided back then, even before we became united as mates, that I wanted to protect him and his differences.

…and that feeling only intensified as we had a family. I had gone from a wolf who only knew of fighting and pain to learning what it was like to be loved. To experience a gentler side of things. Sure, there were some others along the way who helped as well, but Gav was the one who made the biggest impact. I had decided to join a pack, Menagerie, originally with the intent of securing a safe place for our family to grow. But… I wasn’t entirely sure if it would have worked out. While I have been striving to do better, I was worried my actions could cost us that safety. I have made an enemy of a pirate by the name of Ignis Praetor, and Wren witnessed our second confrontation at a rather large pack challenge… By how she laid out the rules, it felt as though I would be punished for going to… harsher methods to protect myself and my family. Even if those who came at us sought to do permanent damage.”
Bellamy furrowed her brow.

“...and so when Wren disappeared, I decided it was time to take fate into my own paws. I made the effort to create Ethne, a home for the different, the misfits, and those who might not fit in anywhere else or have any other family to turn to. We would create a family together, and through our bonds survive. A place where all creatures, wolf or otherwise, could be themselves and not have to hide or be ashamed. Though we have a chain of command, I’d like to think that all of our members are equals to each other. Rank is not something to hold over each other, nor would the status of a pack creature over a loner. We are all just creatures doing what we can to survive. At one time I thought that would be through whatever means necessary… but I’m finding better ways to ensure that. And making sure they are all safe and happy is the only thing I could ever truly want. I want us to avoid as much unnecessary conflict as possible, and thrive.” Bellamy smiled again.

“A simple premise for a pack… but I’ve never wanted things to be complicated. There are some things that can be… harder pills to swallow though, as Ethne’s leader, and are things I won’t tolerate among our people. Abuse of any form and slavery are things I can not, in good conscience, stomach. I know there are some packs that will hold slaves… and holding relationships with those who would hold and mistreat others is… trickier.” Bellamy frowned again. “If the slaves aren’t mistreated it can be easier to push down for the sake of avoiding conflict… but I’d be a liar if I said that I’d much rather act on the freedom of any creature if it is in my ability to do so.” Bellamy glanced back to Artorias.

“Not to get off topic… but I’ve heard through the grapevine that the challenge I fought Ignis in… after I’d made my leave the challenger emerged victorious and took much of the old pack prisoner as slaves. Do you know anything about her or her pack by chance?” Bellamy’s ears had fallen back against her skull. “...I don’t know those wolves, but the actions are harsh… and a leader that would take so many against their will is not a wolf to be trusted.” While Bellamy did not think Artorias or the Hallows would act against this other pack she wouldn’t mind some general knowledge if he had some to share.

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-09-2023, 03:07 AM

Artorias couldn't help but wear the proud smile on his face as Bellamy listened with rapt attention to the story he told her of his pack and family's origins. He had watched his family build themselves and the Hallows up from the ground out of nothing but a dream and love. There was so much for him to be proud of when he thought on his wolves! He was glad to hear Bellamy share the sentiments around protecting the noble (albeit sometimes lofty) ambitions of the Hallows to provide sanctuary for all. At the very least, he could find comfort knowing he and his peer shared some similar values and neither wanted to make enemies of the other. "It hasn't always been that way, but yes, I am also grateful for the easy times," he replied with a solemn nod of his head. "The Hallows has faced threats from wild packs of wolves as well as pirates, but we've stood strong against them every time. Not unscathed, but not destroyed either." Artorias thought about his mother, about her death protecting the Hallows from the mistake he had made. It had been a cold and harsh lesson life dealt him, but it had made him all the more sagacious for it.

The mention of Bellamy and her mate having a litter of their own recently sparked a curiosity within the Aegis. When his fellow alpha informed him of the time of their birth, the Aegis gave a little titter of laughter at the coincidence of the situation. "Well how's that for ironic, my children were born in Boreas' summer as well! Perhaps we'll get the chance to have our littlest have a meet and greet to make some new friends." Artorias had a feeling Talyssa and Bramble would be especially excited to meet more wolves their age to play with and hang out with. Then it was Bellamy's turn to speak, and Artorias gave her the same attentive listening she had honored him with. To his surprise and delight, the elder wolf gave him quite an insight into her life and her history. Her past was dark and riddled with tragedy and loss. At some point, Artorias found himself frowning and deep in pensive thought while he listened to her tale, empathy stinging like a pang through his heart. He had never faced the darkness she had, and for that he had been blessed. But it did make him think of Bowen and Ash, both taken and enslaved from his family, and of his mother who fell to protect their family.

All the while Bellamy spoke, Artorias didn't utter a word. He soaked in her story, giving her his entire attention while they walked in the warm summer day. Occasionally his fire-toned eyes would drift down to their paws while they walked, processing his thoughts for a moment before lifting to find hers again. A smile crossed the Aegis' lips when Bellamy spoke of her mate and how they came to be. A sweet and simple love story... It warmed the Carpathian's heart and made him think of his own relationship, of how far he and Briar had come. Bells told him of Menagerie, and it appeared that even members of her own pack hadn't known Wren very well before her disappearance. The once-alpha had been quite an enigma to him, but the damage she left in the wake of her disappearance had left ripples across Boreas that could still be felt today. Artorias raised a curious brow when Bellamy mentioned her feud with Ignis Praetor. Ignis had not been a part of the pirates when the curs had attacked the Hallows the first time, so he had no interactions with the crimson male, but everything he heard through story and rumor painted the former alpha as an unhinged and unstable mongrel with a predilection for wanton violence. Artorias had already made his mind up that should the pirates ever attempt another raid on the Hallows, he would personally be taking a piece of Ignis from that fight as a serving of justice. A smirk touched Art's lips; he and Bellamy had more in common than he realized.

Bellamy explained her vision of Ethne to Artorias then, and it sounded like what he expected to hear from her. A place where anyone could belong—not quite the policy of openness the Hallows had, but not exclusionary or reclusive either. They were a banded and bonded family of likeminded creatures who sought to make a safe place to live their lives in freedom. She described it as a simple premise, but Artorias knew from experience how a simple premise often took the most effort to protect and maintain. "That's the beauty and the curse of being an alpha—you call the shots," Artorias remarked when Bellamy mentioned her difficulty in turning a blind eye to packs that practiced slavery. He glanced over to her again with a knowing look in his eyes. "You get to decide what you can abide and what you must interject in. For you, it's slavery. For me, it's malicious violence. We draw the lines where we believe they should lie and we act based on those lines. We don't have to like the world, but we don't have to get along with it either." Artorias drew in a deep breath and released it in a heavy sigh as he stared forward once more. "I would be lying if I said maintaining neutrality was an easy thing to do. In truth, the more I see the world change, the harder it is for me to keep my beliefs in check. I would love to stand up proactively against the things I find despicable, but to do so would take the Hallows out of neutral territory. It's a delicate balancing game we play as leaders, Bellamy. Every action, every consequence, it doesn't only affect us. It affects the ones we care about too."

And speaking of actions and consequences, Bellamy started to ask him of Medusa and the pack challenge that had been the deathblow to Habari. Artorias' frown deepened, his brow creasing as eyes narrowed a touch. He had met every few wolves he truly reviled, but Medusa was up near the top of that short list. "No, I'm afraid I don't. I know Medusa, the wolf who beat Recluse in the challenge, was a former slave to the alpha. She took her revenge on Recluse once she'd gained her freedom, and in turn enslaved all of Recluse's family. I know nothing of her pack or their purpose, only that they reside out in the desolate lands of western Boreas." Artorias sighed again, giving a slow shake of his head. "That was one of those moments where I wished I could have done something, but to do so would have jeopardized the Hallows. I made my stance very clear though—the Hallows will not directly engage with Medusa, but we will remain open to shelter any of the Habari wolves who manage to get away. Her ilk are not welcome here, and if Medusa comes for any seeking asylum, I will meet her challenge for their freedom." Artorias' gaze steeled with the resolve in his heart. Remaining neutral did not mean he had to sit idly by and watch the world crumble. "I won't ever make the first strike, but I will stand up for those who come to us and defend them with my last breath." Questioning eyes turned to meet Bellamy's mint green ones, asking the silent question of where she stood on the matter or what she thought of the situation.

One big happy family

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
02-19-2023, 02:28 AM

While Bellamy had hoped that the Hallows would have been one of the few places to escape conflict it was perhaps naive of her to wish so. The kindest packs and wolves tended to be the targets of those with darkness in their hearts. There wasn’t much surprise to hear that the Pirates had given them trouble too. Her ears flicked back at this and her gaze hardened a bit. “It seems rather commonplace for the Pirates to cause trouble with other packs.” Knowing that they had not only bothered Elysium but the Hallows as well just continued to grow her distaste for them. She doubted that this was merely the action of Ignis and that was… troubling.

At least the conversation could shift back to lighter tones with the information that Artorias’ children had been born in Boreas’ summer as well. His hopes were well received by the older woman and her expression softened. “I’m sure they’d love that. Our packs are not that far from one another, after all, and there are a good number of beautiful lands between as they age that they could meet at as well.” And truthfully the experience could be good for the older members of her pack as well. Specifically Gavroche and herself. They didn’t exactly have the same sort of pack knowledge and interaction that others they had met had.

As the Aegis spoke again Bellamy listened quietly to his words. He wasn’t wrong - Being an alpha was a blessing and a curse. She could sympathize with his views. “Your words are very true, Artorias. And… perhaps that is something I am afraid of.” The woman’s smile turned to a bit of a sad one. “I don’t have much knowledge of the ways of pack life, Hell, I’d barely consider myself to be the most well versed in communication either. But for the sake of those I care about, I’m trying, and I’m doing my best to learn as much as I can every day. Because I have to be the one at the front of it all to protect them. I want to be the one that can protect them, the one they can count on.” Her gaze softened. “...and so I understand the struggle not to rise up against the things you find despicable in a proactive manner all too well.” She drew in a breath with a shake of her head. There… there would be exceptions.

Bellamy listened as Artorias gave what information he had about the new alpha. A woman named Medusa, a former slave… and yet… as he spoke Bellamy did not feel sympathy. Instead she felt anger. That anger flashed in her eyes, and her emotion escaped her in a hiss. “That’s wrong.” The words were spoken in a low voice, a growl of frustration as her face twisted to betray the conflicted emotions she felt. Even as a slave, Bellamy had not been one who’d been able to stomach the idea of harming someone for simply being related to the Empress whose soldier’s had stolen everything from her. Could she have seen the slave taking revenge on Recluse alone? Perhaps. She didn’t know the nature of why Medusa had become a slave, or if Recluse was free of blame, but making further wrongs never made a right. “I sincerely doubt all of them had anything to do with her slavery, if many of them at all.” She fought to reign in her anger, to listen to Artorias as he finished by presenting the stance the Hallows had taken.

“Ethne would never side with such a wolf, nor those who would willingly stand by and support those ideals as others suffered.” The Leader of the small pack had bristled. “Like the Hallows we may not opt to strike first, but I agree with your resolve, Artorias. Should Medusa show at our borders I too will fight for the freedom of those Habari members.” Bellamy kept her gaze on his own, showing the sincerity of her words. “Sanctuary or not, if I can do something to help those undeserving of that fate, I will do so, with every last bit of my strength if necessary.” She might not have started out as the best wolf, even if that wasn’t through choice of her own. But she would not be one to ignore those who needed the same sort of help she did back then. She’d fight for them like she wished others would do for her and, if they needed a place to stay and recover, she would not turn them away.

And, without Bellamy realizing it, a spark of her youth had roared into flame. But… would she be able to contain it before it burned into a fire that sent her marching to Medusa’s doorstep instead?

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-28-2023, 10:03 PM

Artorias was delighted to hear Bellamy agree with his suggestion of getting their children together to play and get to know each other as neighbors. It reminded him of when the Hallows had been close neighbors with the Armada, how their first playdate had eventually led into him building a lifelong relationship with the woman he had fallen madly in love with and was lucky enough to call his mate. "Wonderful! We'll have to discuss the details and find a time to make that happen then," he replied with a wide, toothy smile, his tail giving a subtle wag behind him. "Oh, I do have a small request of you as well. You see, my middling daughter has quite a fondness for exploration and the natural world. Waterfalls are her favorite natural feature, and I promised to take her to see some. Would you mind terribly if I brought her by your lands in the near future to show her what real waterfalls look like?" Artorias knew asking for permission to come sightseeing in another pack's home might have been a peculiar thing to ask for, but for his little Talyssa, he would move heaven and earth for her. If she wanted to see waterfalls, then gosh darn it, the father was going to take his girl to see some waterfalls!

Bellamy empathized with his words around the responsibilities of alphaship, sharing her own perspective on the matter. The Aegis nodded his head assent; while ruling had become his calling in life, there was no denying the gravity of the responsibility he shouldered on behalf of his wolves. In regards to Insomnia, all Artorias could do was sigh and nod his head with dark agreement. He did not like the situation with the enigmatic pack nor what fate had befallen Habari any more than anyone else did, but he knew he could not act without dire consequences coming to his wolves. The whole situation was a catch-22 with no good resolution or easy way out. He only prayed that Medusa came to her senses sooner rather than later and saw the error of her ways. "Many that she took were yearlings or pups. Most definitely uninvolved in her enslavement. Yet she chose to scorch the earth rather than be tactful in her revenge." The dire brute shook his head in disgust, conflicted pain clouding his bright eyes. "I saw the pups crying out for their mother as they were taken away. I watched her eldest attempt to flee, only to be hunted down. Whatever wickedness Recluse had done to her, what Medusa has done is far more monstrous."

As they walked, Bellamy shared her ideals and thoughts of Insomnia's actions with him. The more she spoke, the more Artorias began to find a kindred spirit within the elder wolf. She had a fire breathed into her now, vibrant and lively as she spoke of Ethne's stoic refusal to strike first, but tenacity to strike harder back if threatened. An amused smirk touched the corners of Artorias' dark lips as he heeded his fellow alpha's words, chuckling under his breath. "I think you and I are going to get along well, Bellamy." Amber eyes lifted to glance back at Hearthstone, the castle standing tall and powerful over the rolling fields it presided over. "Do you drink, Bellamy?" asked Artorias after a moment of consideration. "My wife, Briar, she is in charge of the Hallows' major product—wines made and fermented all by paw. We've come to be a bit famous for them. If you or your wolves enjoy partaking, I'd love to send you home with a few samples. Gifts from your newest friends." His smirk grew into a warm smile. Though it was still too soon to saw how close the two packs would grow to become, Artorias liked Bellamy and what she and Ethne stood for. He wanted to continue to build their relationship and see how they developed together, sharing the beautiful countryside of Auster.

One big happy family

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
03-11-2023, 09:40 PM

At least there was some good news to look forward to and plan for. With both Elysium and The Hallows planning to set time for their children to meet and interact, her children would be given the chance to socialize with those that Ethen were friendly with. It would be a good opportunity for them to make friendships and see how other packs might differ. Bellamy gave an eager nod of agreement, only for Artorias to unknowingly bring up a request that had the older woman smiling. “No kidding? My oldest, Lucette, has a fondness for exploration as well. You and your daughter would be welcome to come visit us. Just give a howl at the borders to let us know when you arrive so someone can come meet with you and lead the way.” The woman felt her tag give a small wag behind her. “Should you guys ever take a trip to Northern Boreas Luce told me of a territory by the name of Waterfall Peak out that way. Another lovely scenic area featuring a waterfall to consider for the future.” According to Lucy it had been one of the very first places she and Bae-Syl had visited when they came to Boreas.

Unfortunately the additional information he shared about Medusa’s actions did not help improve Bellamy’s opinion on the woman’s actions. Yearlings… Pups… she felt her stomach churn. Could Medusa be turning into the sort of leader Keno Kedieo had once been? A tyrant who cared so little for life? It raised more red flags in the woman’s mind. That split feeling of wanting to be proactive and stop this before it grew into a worse problem, but also the duty to her own holding her. Her own children were still babies. They needed her. Even Lucette, who was nearing adulthood, was nowhere near mature enough to be without her parents. Bellamy growled with frustration. She agreed with Artorias though. Whatever Recluse had done to the woman… her own actions in becoming an alpha had been far more monstrous and evil. Evil actions bred evil actions…

But good things came out of this meeting. She and Artorias seemed to get along well, and the woman could be happy for that. She allowed herself to relax a little, giving a firm nod of agreement. “I believe that we will.” She followed his gaze toward the castle, to the place The Hallows called home. It was an impressive structure, and undoubtedly a pride of his pack, a literal symbol of the sanctuary The Hallows offered. Ahh but then there was another question that peaked her interest. Bells glanced back at the Aegis, curious. “Not actively,” The woman admitted. “I tried it once in my youth when I met a stranger back then. It was pleasurable.” Sparhawk… it had been quite some time since she’d thought of the man. Was he still alive? Was he well? Hmm…

“We would be happy to accept the gifts and see what mastery your wife has with the drinks. There’s only a couple adults in our pack, but one of them is a viking. I’m sure she’ll have more knowledge on them then I would.” Bells gave a light laugh. From the limited knowledge she had of the culture she hoped that Dag would like them anyway. Speaking of, Bellamy remembered that she had Gav’s bag with her. “It is funny you mention gifts, actually… I’ve brought my husband’s bag with me to give your pack some of our extra herbs and some feathers, should you fancy them in crafting.” There was warmth back in her features, a wide smile on her face as she grew relaxed again and her tail wagged behind her. “And when you and your daughter visit us we’ll make sure you get the chance to try and bring back some of the rock candy that grows within the cave. It’s the sweetest treat I’ve ever discovered. The kids really like it.” The Leader chuckled softly. “With your permission and lead, Artorias, I’d love to bring these gifts to a safe place for your pack. I’m afraid if I don’t return without my mate’s bag though he might be a little sad.”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

04-29-2023, 10:17 PM

A swell of enthusiasm filled Artorias' chest when Bellamy relayed that her oldest also shared a fondness for exploration. How wonderful! It seemed like his children would have some friends in the neighboring pack after all! With the invitation to visit their falls given, Artorias couldn't help the eager smile from spreading across his muzzle. Talyssa was going to be so excited! "Thank you, Bellamy! I'm sure my pups will be very excited to come meet yours sometime soon." Bellamy then went on to tell Artorias about a magnificent waterfall up in northern Boreas that Talyssa might be interested in going to see. That did pique the father's interest, especially since northern Boreas was also home to their family in the Armada. Perhaps a family visit was in order, along with some sightseeing for his eager little explorers. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thank you for the suggestion, Bellamy!"

At the mention of the wines, Bellamy admitted that she did not frequently drink, but that she had in the past, and that Ethne had a number of adults who might, including a viking who seemed quite fond of alcohol. Artorias chuckled, his tail wagging happily behind him. "Splendid! We'll be sure to send you with a few to share amongst your pack. Hopefully it's to everyone's liking, especially a discerning palate like a viking's." It seemed as if he and Bellamy were on the same wavelength again, as his fellow alpha mentioned gifts and made mention of the bag she had with her. Herbs and feathers from her pack; they would all find good use here. Artorias looked down to the finely decorated bag with intrigue. "Thank you, Bellamy! That's much too kind of you. I'm sure my daughters will find great use for the feathers. They do enjoy a good crafts project with their mother. And I know my little ones will love the candy. They all seem to have nothing but sweet teeth in their heads!" Laughing again, Artorias motioned with his head for Bellamy to follow him. "Come, I'll let you take a look around the castle while we unload your mate's bag."

Artorias guided Bellamy down across the lush plains to the high castle walls, then through the gatehouse and into the gardens, all still in full bloom. The wisteria trees, the pride of the gardens, were beautiful curtains of violets and purples. Artorias led the way through the courtyard and up into the castle proper, then down the corridor towards the great hall. "Welcome to Hearthstone! It's been my family's home for a number of years now, and we're very grateful to have found it." Leading the way to the long rows of wooden tables in the hall, Artorias motioned for Bellamy to use any of the surfaces to unpack her items. "Go right ahead, I'll be right back." The Aegis dipped off towards the wine cellars then, making his way down to collect a few bottles of the Hallows' wines for her to take back. He selected a couple bottles of some fruity reds and crisp whites, packing them into a satchel that the large brute carried back up to present to his guest. "We have a number of different kinds of wines, but these are our two most popular. Summer berry reds and sweet whites. I hope your wolves find them enjoyable. We have plenty, and we're always selling more!"

One big happy family

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-03-2023, 12:37 PM

Bellamy was sure that the adults of her pack would appreciate the drinks. Sometimes it was hard to relax, and that was something she knew such drinks were able to help with. She was curious if Dagrun would like the beverages the Hallows made. If they had the means to make their own drinks, however, she was sure that they would be good. “If they weren’t good, Artorias, I doubt your pack would keep using the resources to make such drinks. I bet all who partake will love them.” She meant those words wholeheartedly. She knew wolves would put a lot of love and care into their crafts. And it seemed that Artorias received Ethne’s offer of gifts just as well. In her experience children enjoyed crafting together, especially while still fairly young, or even just collecting new things. And her own children had a taste for the candy, which is what gave her the idea of using it as an export for the pack. There was certainly enough of it. “Seems a common trait with all little ones. If it tastes good, they want it~” Especially if it wasn’t the healthiest for them.

Artorias would lead the woman to the castle, the looming building far, far bigger up close. Bellamy was fascinated with the structure. Made of sturdy stone, vines climbing up some of the walls. Not to mention how beautiful the courtyard and gardens were. It was no wonder that the Hallows had decided to settle here. The surrounding area was beautiful, and it seemed rich with resources to help the pack thrive. “Your home as a whole is lovely. I can see why you all settled here.” Gentle words. “You can practically feel the warmth and safety from these walls.” It was strange being inside the castle. It was different from the cave she called home, yet similar. Her claws clicked against the smooth floors, echoing slightly with each step. She was brought to a massive room filled with flat topped wooden structures. Bellamy was once more in aw. The land of the Hallows was different from any other pack she’d seen.

As Artorias gave her the go ahead to empty the bag Bellamy would start to sort through the items she’d brought with her, setting aside herbs and the feathers separately. Some valerian root, watercress, meadowsweet, and alfalfa were among the herbs - ones that Gavroche said grew plentiful either in Ethne lands or close enough to gather them. Bellamy also did her best to shift through the feathers and organize them in four piles for the different colors. She had always been in awe of how Gav’s wings molted. She’d never even seen birds with such a colorful display. Bellamy’s gaze softened as she looked at the feathers. She knew Gav was happy to help contribute.

Artorias would return with a satchel and as Bellamy took it from him she gave a grateful nod. “Oh I’m sure we’ll be back for more before long.” The woman winked. “I’m sure my husband will be partial to the red. I’ll be curious to see which one suits my palate more. The white has me quite curious.” Bellamy dipped her head. “Thank you for bringing me to your home, Artorias. I am sure that the bonds between Ethne and the Hallows can only bloom into something stronger. You and your wolves are always welcome to visit us as well. It will be a pleasure to offer a place of rest to such kind wolves.” She lifted her gaze back to his. “For now though I should probably get going. I’m sure my mate and children will be waiting. Would you be so kind to see me out?”

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-03-2023, 03:08 PM

Artorias let loose a barking laugh when Bellamy made a quick quip about knowing his pack’s wines would be good lest anyone else would refuse to drink them. "Touché, Bellamy! You make an excellent point," he remarked, all smiles as he led her into the welcoming interior of Hearthstone’s grand foyer. Her compliment to his home was met with a warm smile and a gracious tip of his head. "Thank you! We try our best to make it feel homey, warm, and inviting for everyone, especially those who have never set paw in our halls before." After he had returned with a bounty of alcoholic beverages for Bellamy and her pack to enjoy, Artorias gazed in awe and delight at the beautiful assortment of multicolored feathers she presented to him along with a smorgasbord of herbs, some he recognized and others that were fully lost on him. A healer, he was not. No doubt Gywnevere would know how to use them better than he would, and he had little doubt Briar and his daughters would come up with brilliant crafts to use those marvelous feathers in.

The gifts were exchanged and Artorias couldn't deny the delight he felt in his heart. Diplomacy was always something he was eager to engage in, especially with likeminded wolves that shared many of the same ideals he did. He was so glad for Bellamy's visit and was already looking forward to further interactions between the Hallows and Ethne. He would have to tell Talyssa to start planning a trip to go see the Lazuli Falls sometime soon; no doubt his daughter would be overjoyed at the news! "These are just a sampling of our different varieties," the Aegis explained as Bellamy mused over the different wines he had given them. "My wife is very proud of them. I know she'll be eager to find which ones you like the best. Please, feel free to have any of your wolves come over if you find a need for a particular vintage for special occasions, or just for your everyday enjoyment!"

Bellamy began to conclude their discussions with the politeness she had shown spades of during her time here, and Art was quick to reply with a smile and respectful nod of his head to the fellow alpha. "You're very welcome, Bellamy. You and your family and pack are welcome in Hallowed lands any time. Hopefully never as patients of ours, but know that if you need us, we will be ready to do what we do best for you and yours." At her behest, Artorias motioned for Bellamy to follow him as he led the way back out of Hearthstone and towards the southern border she had approached from. "I look forward to our future relations, Bellamy. Once upon a time, Auster stood unified and safe, its packs aligned and amiable. Maybe we'll get see those days again." A smile was turned to the smaller woman as they reached the borders. Artorias met Bellamy's gaze for the last time that day, his eyes filled with delight and hope for the future. "If you ever need us for anything, we are a call away. Fii în siguranță,, Bellamy of Ethne. Be well."

One big happy family

Bellamy

Loner

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light

Christmas 2019Trick 2019
08-05-2023, 11:21 AM

The words that had fallen from her lips had been a genuine compliment. Bellamy had hoped that neither she nor any of her packmates would need to seek refuge in the Hallows in the future but knowing that such a place existed relieved some of the pressure she felt. It was a reminder too that even with the wicked in the world the good would gather together to help soothe the hurts. She was sure that her children would love interacting with those of the Hallows, should the two packs find time to visit each other as they hoped. It would be good for her little ones to see the light of the world before the inevitable darkness started to try and creep in. The wicked tended to find their way to Bellamy eventually… and for a moment she wondered if, perhaps, she was like a bad luck charm, drawing in those that might hurt her family…

The woman dismissed those thoughts, choosing instead to focus on Artorias and the wines he had brought before her. A sample of different varieties - that would be good. The pack could choose which they favored most, and then they could choose to trade for more. Her smile returned to her lips and the woman chuckled softly. “That sounds like a wonderful idea. I’ll definitely be sure to let our members know the Hallows are friends, and they are welcome to interact with them.” She gave the Aegis a wink. Hopefully in seeing each other in passing that could also help increase goodwill from their members towards each other and boost that friendship between the packs.

“It is appreciated, Artorias, truly. Your family, the whole of the Hallows, are welcome to visit us at any time as well. The falls are beautiful in the growing seasons, and have a striking and calming ambience in the fall I have not found elsewhere. I would love to share it with more wolves.” The woman would follow the Aegis back out of the castle, towards the border with the bottles of wine nestled carefully in the bag she wore. As Artorias spoke again, she gave a small nod. “I would love to see those days myself. There is enough hurt in the world… if Auster could be a safe place, a haven away from that hurt, I know it is something Ethne’s members would support with all their hearts.” Even with her own nature, Bellamy longed for a day where she would not need to be guarded. Would not need to fight. But would such a day come?

“Farewell Artorias. May the Goddess cast her love over the Hallows. Until next time.” The woman dipped her head, a respectful goodbye for her fellow alpha, and turned on her paws to head back home.

-Exit Bellamy-

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Hello there, neighbor! Amron's Castle 07:36 PM, 01-16-2023 05:20 PM, 08-27-2023