gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
01-17-2023, 11:05 AM
Armada and its settings were something Silent continued to grow comfortable with. She was unsure of what kind of life was meant to be lived within its walls, but she was not afraid to bring forth what was necessary. Sirius had told her and Bronze that fighting would be essential to living within Armada. The idea of fighting and spilling blood was not her first comfortable thought, but being able to hold her own eased the black-and-silver woman into being more open.

A few days after they had found dens to claim as theirs, Silent reached out to Bronze one winter morning. Though the sunlight was weak, it still tried to bring some warmth and light to the woods. Time seemed to slow as she walked towards his larger frame, green eyes assessing him as she drew closer. "Good morning," she greeted, warm smile matching the light in her own opts. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything important." If she was, she would be willing to come back another time.

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

OverachieverSamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantDream WeaverSnake Eyes
02-07-2023, 10:44 AM
For Bronze especially, settling into the Armada was something that would be a slow and arduous process. He didn't feel at ease here yet and he wasn't sure if he ever really would, but he had to give this place a try. If he failed to find himself at home here he knew it'd be as much his fault as anyone else's, so he was acutely aware he'd have to push himself outside his comfort zone and start getting to know his packmates.

For now, though, he was content to stick close to Silent. They'd only grown closer since they'd joined, and he was grateful he had a familiar friend to lean on when he needed it - not that he was the type to seek out help really, but her company alone was a big comfort to him.

Today was no exception. He'd been scouting near the edge of the woods, moving without a real goal in mind, when she found him. The smallest of smiles appeared on his features as he turned his attention to her, giving a dip of his head in greeting. "Morning to you too," he returned her greeting smoothly. "You're not interrupting anything at all. What're you thinking?" Bronze thought he knew her well enough to know she had something stirring behind those green eyes, but he wasn't quite sure what.

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
04-30-2023, 06:38 PM
His words brought more warmth to her eyes and a flush to her cheeks. ‘Morning to you, too. You’re not interrupting anything at all. What were you thinking?’ Bronze was already beginning to figure out her tells and she had no complaints. His bluntness was not harsh and she was eager to tell him what was on her mind.

“Since we have just become part of Armada…I was wondering if you could give me some insight on what you are going to learn…fighting wise.” She waited a few seconds before saying, “I mean, I don’t intend to do fighting as my first choice! I’d just like to know the basics and…be prepared if need be.” Silent’s eyes met Bronze’s and she added, “I want you to teach me.”

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

05-01-2023, 11:22 AM
Fortunately for him she was receptive to his straight-forward nature, quickly answering his question. So she wanted to learn about fighting. Interesting, he thought quietly to himself. While she didn't necessarily strike him as the fighting type, she didn't seem the type to run away if it came to protecting herself either. Knowing the basics was a good idea, especially given her place in the pack. He had no idea the allies or enemies the Armada might have, but it'd be better if she knew a few things to keep herself safe anyway.

"Of course," he said finally, after thinking for a few moments. "Knowing the basics is important. I'd be happy to teach you." Bronze wasn't sure how good of a teacher he'd be, but he'd certainly try. If Silent didn't get enough out of this little lesson then he'd gladly direct her to someone in the pack who had more experience than he did.

Swiveling around so he was facing her, he furrowed his brow in concentration before he spoke up again. "I think one of the most important things for you to focus on is your defenses. Especially if you won't be going around starting fights," he explained. "You always want to make sure you're in a position you have control over. Keeping your legs bent just slightly, and your center of gravity low and toward the ground is a good start." He moved to demonstrate this, feeling a bit silly for doing so without an impending fight but knowing it'd help her to see the stance and mirror it. "You'll also want to always focus on keeping your head lowered so your neck isn't exposed, and keeping your ears pinned."

Silent

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Wynn
05-30-2023, 07:33 PM
‘Of course. Knowing the basics is important. I'd be happy to teach you.’ Bronze’s acceptance to her request made Silent smile. She was eager to learn and it seemed that Bronze was more than willing to help her expand her knowledge. He turned to face her began to explain what she needed to know.

‘I think one of the most important things for you to focus on is your defenses. Especially if you won't be going around starting fights.’ She watched with focus as he began to move in place, showing how he was wanting her to bend her knees and lower her frame. ‘You always want to make sure you're in a position you have control over. Keeping your legs bent just slightly, and your center of gravity low and toward the ground is a good start.’

Silent did her best, moving slowly in case Bronze needed to gently note changes. She bent her legs, kept her tail out to balance her frame, and she watched Bronze as he continued. ‘You'll also want to always focus on keeping your head lowered so your neck isn't exposed, and keeping your ears pinned.’ Slowly, she lowered her ears and moved her head to keep her neck from being exposed. Her fur bunched up and she remained in her stance, waiting for Bronze’s gentle guidance.

Bronze

Armada
Warrior

Master Fighter (270)

Intermediate Hunter (30)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

06-19-2023, 09:44 AM
Teaching definitely wasn't something that came easily to him but he'd agreed to it, and he wouldn't back down now. Especially not when learning the basic of fighting was such an important thing. Fortunately she was interested in what he had to say, mirroring the movements he made - even though they might be slightly exaggerated. "Obviously during a fight, especially a real one and not a practice spar, you're not able to do all this with so much time to think about each step. But if you practice these things, even if it feels a little silly to do, they'll come more naturally to you."

He knew that because he'd spent time practicing the motions too. Living life as a loner meant having to always be prepared and ready for what might be thrown at you... whether that was a fight or something else. "Of course you can't always keep up those things. If someone comes at your throat, you might have to focus more on keeping your head low and less on the other things you were doing before. A lot about fighting is situation, but the more you practice, the better you'll get at all of it." And.. that was that. The lesson was a brief one but he hoped she got something out of it anyway. "Do you have any questions? Or have anything you'd like to work on more specifically?"