Intermediate Fighter (45)

Expert Intellectual (225)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 02:21 PM

The trip to a new continent was an overwhelming one, and no sooner did Sol and Khonsu have their paws on new soil did they begin to regret the fact they had to leave their home at all. Sol’s discomfort was the louder of the two. He was the less confident of the duo - the uncertain one - and it showed in his every muscle and movement.

Khonsu could feel his fear and did his best to reign his own in for the both of their sakes, turning his head to his brother to contemplate as the cobalt-eyed man swept his gaze out in wonder and terror across the new world. “We’re going to be okay.” He told his twin. They took a step forward, roaming deeper into the isle.

The structure before them was vast and unlike anything the twins had ever seen before. While intimidating the newness was, it was equal parts thrilling to the wolves who had hardly stepped a paw out of their territory as children.

Navigating as a pair was something that came naturally to the twins, though never before had they needed to compromise in such a way that they did within the dilapidated standing structure before them. Sol was curious, aching to investigate every odd item and piece of furniture as they came upon it, where Khonsu’s distrustful nature urged him to first sweep the structure to ensure no other wolves were lying within.

In the end, Khonsu bowed to his brother’s youthful curiosity. Sol could investigate the shelving and drawers as much as his heart desired while his twin kept careful watch upon their surroundings over his shoulder.

As they came upon a large object of interest, Khonsu’s vigilance wavered. The pair stepped up cautiously up onto the soft yet creaky rectangle, feeling the way it seemed to meld helpfully beneath their paws. “What’s this for?” Sol’s head tipped to the side and Khonsu was forced to lift a paw to swat his brother’s ear out of his eyeline. “No idea.” The more weight they pushed onto it, the further they seemed to sink down into the surface. “Maybe it’s quicksand.” Sol gasped. Khonsu was unconvinced, his muzzle turning sharply to give his twin an incredulous look. “Does it look like sand to you?”

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They each have a crested caracara companion, and share a marmoset companion.
Unless otherwise stated you can assume their companions are somewhere close by.

Yarrabelle, as their mistress, may enter any of their threads.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

DM me if you want to plot with them!

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
02-04-2023, 02:49 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Jynn opted to scout the territory out a bit more before declaring it the start of their expedition. The sketches and markings on the map were taking time to decipher, especially within the context of Auster and Boreas. She'd explored the abandoned structures before but that had been before a pack laid claim to the lands. Sniffing about she went through the first building, hoping that any clues hadn't been taken or destroyed while the pack had lived there. She suspected anything of note would've been hidden well by Stalwart Paw.

Jynn and her companions split up, and as she moved farther in she heard a squeak up ahead. Her large ears flicked forward, standing straight up. There were voices. She carefully approached the opening and stuck her head in, at first thinking she was looking at the back of one wolf who maybe had a companion nearby. "Hello!"she chirped. "Out exploring?"

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-04-2023, 03:04 PM

A voice broke the twins from their investigative tunnel vision, Khonsu's head whirling over his shoulder in alarm and inadvertently headbutting his brother in the process. They had been caught off guard and the mattress below their paws did not make for stable ground to pivot upon, bringing the twins to wobble uneasily as they spun to face the stranger.

The wolf before them did not look or smell very wolf at all, but Sol and Khonsu were the last two to judge a creature on how they should appear. Maybe the residents of this land just looked different, that'd be just fine. "We've only just arrived, actually." Sol offered an upbeat tone to the stranger. "Do you live here? We're sorry if we've intruded."

Khonsu was less willing to play nice, his ears pinning as Sol began to converse without filter or caution. He kept quiet, watching the wolf before them with a critical gaze.

Sol & Khonsu

Sol & Khonsu are RP'd as two individuals, although OOCly they are considered one character.
Their speech will be color coordinated to their eye colors (Sol & Khonsu) to designate the speaker.

They are never seen without their hourglass necklace, assume it is always present hanging below their necks.

+ They do have a rather comprehensive backstory / religion in their profile, and I'm happy to allow anyone who's interested to jump in and make characters from their home land / family / religion.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
02-05-2023, 12:46 PM

Jynn gasped in surprise as the man whipped around, revealing not one head but two. Her own head tilted first one way and then another. She'd once seen a bison calf with a leg growing out of its forehead but this was definitely way cooler. The head with the purple eyes spoke and seemed friendly enough which set her at ease. "Don't worry about it! I don't live here, I'm just exploring. I've got this interesting map I'm trying to follow so I'm just out looking for clues. My name is Jynn." She still wasn't sure how vocal she should be about the 'treasure' aspect of the map. Not that it was her main interest in following it. The idea of adventure far outweighed any prize to be found at the end.

Sol + Khonsu

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
02-06-2023, 03:05 PM

The stranger's confusion at the sight of them was a common occurrence and Sol gave an apologetic smile as he watched her head tilt. He let her absorb their oddity and move past it, feeling his anxiousness begin to settle as she stated that she was simply out exploring, too. "Interesting map?" Khonsu parrotted, sounding almost suspicious. What sort of wolf followed maps, and what were the chances the map brought her to where they had landed in Auster?

"Clues?" Sol's question was much more eager than his brother's had been, his cobalt eyes lighting up. "Like a mystery?" Stories had been the sheltered twin's main source of adventure as a child - being as he was not allowed to have any of his own growing up - and mysteries were among the coolest of them. He realized then that she had given her name and they had not and backpedaled, dipping his head in greeting. "Sorry, this is Khonsu and I am Sol. It's a pleasure to meet you, Jynn."

Sol & Khonsu

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

02-28-2023, 08:08 PM

Jynn nodded eagerly and moved to slip her satchel over her head, muttering as one of the straps caught her large ears. Rustling about in it she pulled out Stalwart Paw's journal. She set the leather bound notebook down and flipped it open to the middle where a rough sketch of what she assumed was Auster lay in faded ink. There were strange symbols and scratchings but she was still trying to figure out what they meant.

She sat up and beamed proudly at her find. "See! Isn't it neat? Yea, it's like a mystery. There was an explorer and professor of human studies that disappeared in these lands. I met a descendent of one of his companions who had this journal. Supposedly, he buried his findings and treasures either in Auster or Boreas."

The purple-eyed head paused to introduce himself as Sol and the other as Khonsu. "Nice to meet you too! You know, I wouldn't mind getting a band together to go treasure hunting if you're interested. No pressure! I figured I'd just ask. I'm having a time trying to figure out this chicken scratch by myself."