gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Kara
02-04-2023, 09:58 PM

Some time had passed since Rhys entered the Elysium ranks and he figured it was time to really start pulling his weight. Soon the pale male would like to obtain some sort of rank of slightly more regard then Amateur. But, Manea made it very clear he'd have to prove himself to do so and that's exactly what he intended on doing. Having met a few of his pack mates now the rather outgoing serpent felt comfortable enough to begin seeking some of them out. Some for mere conversation, others to spar and train with, and one he'd like to offer a lesson too. Malico was a pup he encountered when Rhys found himself surrounded by Coyotes. The youngling proved to be quite the help in the battle and Rhys figured he could offer him a lesson or two. Sure he wasn't a ranked warrior of the pack just yet, but they say to dress for the job you want not the job you have.

Rhysand found himself in the Rock Garden a a particularly tame winter's day. Snow peppered the ground and there was a touch of wind, nothing enough to make the outing particularly uncomfortable. The tall yet slender male sat in a clearing amidst a circle of the looming rock formations. The spires of rock helped block some of the wind which was a nice touch and surrounded the clearing to provide the perfect sparring ring. With that Rhysand tilted his head upward and let forth a howl of summons.

"Speech"

Rhysand is a rated M character.
[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Malico

Elysium
Hunter

Advanced Fighter (115)

Advanced Hunter (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Critical Attack!
02-04-2023, 11:12 PM

As far as winter days go, this one has been mild and Malico is thankful for that. He is walking along the edge of lake when a muffled call reaches his ears. Head lifts as he ponders who might want him and what they might want but the boy does not hesitate to move toward the caller. He moves confidently, knowing that, since the call is from within pack lands, whoever wishes to see him has to be a member of the pack. If they aren’t… well, his mother and father might have words with them.

Small paws pull him across the land bridge and he continues on until he finds, in a clearing, the cream and slate man who he had fought alongside against coyotes. A grin splits his maw as he approaches, hoping that the man has called him here for some form of a lesson. Rhysand is a good fighter and someone Malico would trust to have his back in any fight; so, if he wishes to teach him, Mal will definitely he his student.

Coming to a stop in front of the tall man, tail wagging lazily behind, the pup looks up at him and says, “Rhysand! How are you? Found any more coyotes around?” A smirk is offered but his words is meant in jest with no real bite to it. Malico then casts his gaze around the clearing and asks, “What are you doing out here?”

"Malico Mendacium"

Rhysand

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Kara
02-13-2023, 11:27 PM

It did not take long for the colorful pup to arrive. The sound of pad falls fell into pale ears and Rhys turned to greet the youngling. A small smile tugged at his lips as Malico offered a greeting and a playful jab. Rhysand flashed the boy a playfully sly look, "Let us hope not." A pause. "I am well Malico, thank you for asking." It was not often he heard that question. Most Wolves were so wrapped up in their own dramatics. "I was impressed in the skill you showed while taking down the Coyotes." Green eyes studied the boy's visage as he spoke those next words, "If you wish, I can offer some fighting lessons to help enhance those natural talents." Rhys quieted down to wait for an answer to the proposal.

"Speech"

[Image: Banshee-icon.png][Image: Cairn-Icon.png][Image: incubus-icon.png][Image: rhysand-icon.png][Image: thyri-icon.png][Image: Vaella-icon.png][Image: verity-icon.png]

Malico

Elysium
Hunter

Advanced Fighter (115)

Advanced Hunter (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Critical Attack!
02-14-2023, 07:30 PM

The pup greets Rhysand and the man flashes a playful smirk at the jab about coyotes. Malico dips his head as the slate and cream male thanks him for asking how he is and the boy offers a small shrug of his shoulders as if to show, it is no big deal. Honestly, it isn’t, to the pup it is polite to ask and should be part of every greeting. Quickly, Rhysand tells him why he was called here and the purple boy grins like a manic while his tail wags behind him. At the offer of training, the pup nods enthusiastically and says, “Yeah! I’d like that! You’re a great fighter and I want to be better.” His words are open ended, letting the man choose their meaning between better than he is now or better than Rhysand himself. A grin plays across his lips as he waits for the lesson to begin.

"Malico Mendacium"

Rhysand

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Kara
02-22-2023, 11:37 PM

Enthusiastic nods and bright vocals of agreeance came from the purple pup. Rhysand offered a node of a his own as a smile slipped across his lips, "Good. That ambition will get you there, I'm sure one day you will even be able to best me." Once the boy became fully grown Rhys was sure he'd be quite the warrior after what he'd seen with the Coyotes.

"Okay, let's get started." Rhys spoke as he moved to distance himself some from the pup, giving about ten tail lengths between them. "We will start with openers." A pause. "Openers are the first attack of a fight and arguably the most important. It will set the tone for the rest of the fight. In order to determine what your opener should be you must first analyze your opponent. If they are much larger then you then you will want to open with a swift attack since they will likely be slower then you." Another pause. "If your opponent is smaller then you then you will want to throw your weight into them with chest and shoulder slams or even my favorite opener of them all, the bear hug." A smirk slipped across his lips. "When you are larger then your opponent or even equal height one of your primary focuses in the opener and throughout the fight shoulder be getting your opponent to the ground, this is where they will be at their weakest." Rhysand looked the boy over, "Any questions so far?" He'd move onto demonstrations and practice after any of Malico's questions were answered.

"Speech"

Malico

Elysium
Hunter

Advanced Fighter (115)

Advanced Hunter (100)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Critical Attack!
04-15-2023, 04:11 PM

At his enthusiastic response, Rhysand offers him a nod and smile before complimenting him. A small, self-satisfied smirk pulls at his lips as the pup’s tail wags. The man quickly begins the lesson, moving across from him and Malico pays rapt attention to his mentor, the smirk having faded away. His head bobs in the appropriate places, his mind quickly turning over the information that is being given and, when he asks if he has question, the boy says, “So, if I was going to fight you, I would want to be the first to attack. And, if I want to get you to the ground, the best spots for me to attack would be the back of your ankles?” His infliction changes in his last sentence, starting it a statement but lifting and ending as a question. How was he supposed to bring Rhysand down when the man is so much taller?

"Malico Mendacium"