size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Mammoth HunterPride - BisexualBeeventVolcanoChristmas 2019Promptober 2019
02-14-2023, 09:29 AM

Moving on further west, Corvus was already wishing he was back home, but he wouldn't dwell on it long as he pushed forward. He was much less anxious to meet with Valhalla's leader, having been familiar enough with that pack since his youth. Valhalla had always been a friendly ally to Abaven for as long as he could remember and as far as he understood, Avalon and Valhalla were on good terms as well. If he managed to find Theory hiding out anywhere, it'd probably be here... though the glimmer of hope that he found himself holding on to desperately was so small it might as well not exist at all. At least he knew his presence would be well-received, which was enough to keep him from feeling too nervous about reaching out.

As he reached the plains he slowed, long before crossing the border. He spent a long while surveying the border, trying to note any familiar scents he might find here, but he came up short. Without much delay he tipped his head back and let out a call for one of Valhalla's leaders to meet him, though there was no sense of urgency there. He didn't mind waiting if need be.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
02-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

He’d just finished cleaning out a hut that a pair of raccoons had decided to raid and turn into their home – a fatal choice in the end – when the howl reached his ears.

There was no urgency, so Ardyn took a few moments to wash off in the creek, shaking dry and redressing in his armor and cloak for warmth to finish drying off as he took off toward the call, racoon stink free.

The man was earth toned and older, and as Ardyn drew near enough to catch his scent through the wall passage, he recognized Corbie’s pack scent on the man.

His features settled into a friendly smile as he came to a stop, greeting the man, “Good day; what brings a wolf of Avalon to Valhalla’s wall?”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ----  "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

02-28-2023, 12:54 PM

Part of him hoped that Valhalla's leader might have some news of where Theory had gone off to, but he didn't want to be overly hopeful, not after so much time had passed since he'd seen her. He drew in a steady breath as Ardyn came into view, lowering his head in a sign of respect. Corvus returned the same friendly smile, tail giving a slow wag behind him. His posture was relaxed, more so than it'd been when he'd met with Ashen's leader. Only good could come from Valhalla as far as he was concerned, history had proved that to him.

"Good day to you too. My name's Corvus Destruction. Corbie sent me to invite Valhalla to our winter festival. Ashen has been invited as well, and I intended to spread the word further if I'm able. There will be a feast and all sorts of festivities. I don't imagine anyone will be disappointed if they do attend," he said with a grin. "And, on a different note - have you heard any sign from Theory Destruction? I assume you've met herbefore?" Surely she'd come to visit Valhalla back in the day. Corvus was still as he waited and hoped desperately for even a little news.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

03-13-2023, 11:10 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

The older man had a respectful bearing and greeting, and Ardyn smiled slightly. It was good to hear that Corbie’s intervention had given the former-Abaven wolves somewhere to call home, if Corvus’ surname truly meant he’d been part of Abaven. Destruction had been a house name of Abaven for so long, you could usually guess right that one with the name was part of the pack.

His ears perked with interest at the mention of a festival, and he remarked, “I’d love to have Valhalla attend, count us in.”

The tone shifted to a more somber note as Corvus asked after any sign of Theory. Slowly, Ardyn shook his head. “I’ve met her. She attended the festival my mother held when I was a pup, and we’ve met a few times after, but I haven’t seen or heard from her since the fall of Abaven. I truly hope she’s alright; she never struck me as a wolf who’d just up and leave her people without word. Not willingly.”

His head shook before he added, “But if we come across her, I’ll send word to you first.”

He shifted the topic once more, asking, “I’m sure you’ve traveled a bit; are you hungry at all? Any wolf of Avalon is welcome to rest in one of our huts when they need to if they’re passing by.”

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

04-06-2023, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2023, 09:12 AM by Corvus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Corvus was fortunate, in a way, that his surname was so widely known; it saved him a lot of trouble trying to convince wolves of who he was and his true intentions. Not that all Destructions had good intentions, he was sure there were more than a few that had ruffled some feathers over the years, but generally - at least as far as he was concerned - his family tended to be a level-headed bunch who were true to their word. He was no different. It seemed Ardyn could tell this, and he accepted the invitation with ease, earning a wide grin from him.

His mood seemed to falter just slightly at the younger man's admission he hadn't heard from Theory since Abaven's fall. He'd expected that answer, but it was no less disappointing to hear. "Thank you," he replied earnestly, though his voice was somber.

"Ashen was kind enough to feed me, but a little rest would be great before heading back." He wasn't getting any younger and his joints weren't exactly used to traveling such far distances.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-10-2023, 10:38 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

He understood the somber note to Corvus’ thanks. Valhalla was no stranger to packmates and family gone missing. Sometimes they came back, but mostly, they never returned. He could only hope that the former would be Theory’s tale.

The older wolf accepted the offer of rest and Ardyn nodded, rising and turning to lead the Destruction wolf into the packlands.

“Does Corbie have any set plans on what activities the festival will hold?”

He tipped his head to grin at the man, ears perking with curiosity as he listened to hear the man’s answer. Ahead a modest hut waited, a hide flap hanging across the entry. Having been built by Ardyn, it was a healthy size, with no chance of Corvus knocking his head on even the doorframe.

Corvus

Avalon
Fighter

Expert Fighter (225)

Expert Hunter (155)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

04-18-2023, 11:47 AM

Though he wanted to get back home to Twig as soon as possible, he knew better than to push himself without some rest. He accepted Ardyn's invitation gladly, following after him deeper and deeper into Valhalla's lands.

"It will be a celebration of both the year's end, and the year yet to come. I know she has some snow activities planned, if the weather cooperates. I could foresee things like sledding and snowball fights." Not that Avalon boasted an overabundance of hills but surely they could find some small ones around The Range.

"And a feast, of course," he added with a grin. Winter could often be a long, hard season for many wolves and he hoped the prospect of a grand feast would be exciting for Valhalla as well.

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-22-2023, 09:57 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn listened with interest as Corvus spoke of the festival plans, grinning with amusement at the mention of snow-based activities. “I might fare well in one of those. My paws have a little added advantage for throwing.”

He gestured with one such front appendage, long digits wiggling playfully. “Let her know we’d be happy to bring a few foods from our pack as well. Feasts are always one of the best parts to any gathering.”

He gestured toward the hut with a nod for the older man to explore and settle in. It was one of the three-chambered huts, with a common area in the center surrounding a firepit, and walls with doorways to either side of the main area. To the left was the sleeping area, to the right was storage.

If one looked closely at the inset firepit, they might notice that a hole opened under the ground. The sleeping area was carefully built with stacks of flat stones pillared beneath the ground, and wider paver-like stones spanning them, then covered over with packed mud and dirt. In winter, it made for a cozy bed, as warmth seeped up from below.

“Let me know if you need anything; there should be some travel jerky in the storage area. Honeyed smoked elk and bison.”