ardent

Better Late Than Never

Corbie

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
02-21-2023, 12:59 AM
It was high time she made some rounds. That was what alphas were supposed to do, right? Might as well start with one of the closer ones, though she didn't really remember who it was but she vaguely remembered a someone had challenged someone else and won. Was this that pack? Luckily, it wasn't terribly far from her own home, maybe a hop, skip, and a jump away or some such. She also didn't feel like going hella far, so this pack and that one with the glowy wolves would probably do for now, right? Her companions were in tow as they scouted ahead, eventually reporting back that there was a pack up ahead with things like sheep and other livestock. Medusa's ears perked when she heard the whinny of a horse and the familiar bleating of sheep! Ooh! How interesting! Did these wolves just live among their prey!? She was curious about them even more now, so she hurried her pace until she found the border. Peering into the pack, she called for someone to give her the answers to the now burning questions in her brain!

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

Expert Intellectual (215)

An icon representing the specialty Beast Master Beast Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
02-21-2023, 01:32 AM
Corbie was working with Ayer to skin several small predators that had thought to try for Avalon's stores - a few young weasels who hadn't been having luck hunting so they'd risked trying to steal instead, and a bobcat that had been killed trying to kill a stray lamb - when a call came for her from the border. She left the kinkajou to continue skinning them, and would hopefully be back in time to help salt and stretch them and not leave Ayer to do all the work. She trotted out to the border, catching sight of the woman there. "Hello," she said politely, studying the other woman in faint puzzlement. "Welcome to Avalon. I'm Corbie, alpha here. How can I help you?"
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
02-27-2023, 11:43 PM

Someone approached, and it was someone that seemed vaguely familiar. She squinted her gaze at the other alpha for a moment, and then a lightbulb popped into her head! Of course, it helped that the woman gave her name, too! "Corbie! It has been a long time since Medusa has seen you! We hunted together before, with a big red man and some others!" Yes, she remembered fondly the giant animals they had all worked together to bring down. Anyway, whether or not Corbie remembered wasn't the reason Medusa was here now, was it? "Medusa is visiting to let you know that she is now an alpha, and my pack is over in the west," She jerked her head in that direction, "It's called Insomnia, and since you are sort of close, I wanted to come and say hi! Also, I hear a lot of sheep in your lands! And a horse! Are you doing something with those?" She was curious of course, because why would sheep willingly live surrounded by wolves!?

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-07-2023, 12:18 AM
The nagging sense of familiarity was resolved into recognition when the woman spoke and revealed herself to be one of the wolves that Corbie had met while hunting the unusual animals with before she had challenged Kotori Fatalis. She somehow hadn't quite recognized the odd older woman in this mich-improced specimen. Corbie smiled at her. "Medusa! Congratulations on your pack. Insomnia?" An unsettling name for a pack, but she was odd herself so that was no surprise. "We sheer the sheep of their wool and weave it into blankets and such, and we butcher extra ram lambs in the fall for the meat and skins," she explained. "The horse joined as a member of the pack - he is not for eating." She added the last just in case. "So what is Insomnia like, Medusa? Tell me how you've been getting on."

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

03-12-2023, 12:05 AM

She nodded in thanks when Corbie congratulated her. She was proud of herself for achieving all that she had so far, and although being an alpha had been the furthest thing from her mind (if even a thought at all), Habari's treatment of her had pushed her in that direction at some point. Now here she was, an equal to the other alpha's (though she was sure not many would see her as an equal anyway). Did she care? Nah. She got on by just fine even if she didn't know what the hell she was doing half the time. Pushing that from her mind, she listened to Corbie explain what they did with the sheep, and that the horse was not for eating. Hmm...she had never had horse meat before, so although she was curious about what that tasted like, she would keep in her mind that Corbie's horse was not food. Fair enough! She was sure there were plenty of others wandering around somewhere!

When Corbie asked about Insomnia, Medusa's grin grew wide. "Medusa has been getting on great! She won against her mortal enemy Recluse, and now her family are Curses in Insomnia! They're not slaves, and Medusa doesn't plan on keeping them long." She shrugged nonchalantly as she continued, "Habari was really mean to Medusa. They kept her as a slave, but not all of them were mean...just most of them." She thought briefly of Ghoul and Widow, and even Macabre...of all of them, those three so far were the ones that hadn't wished her ill. "Medusa wants Insomnia to be a place for others that feel like they don't fit in other places. Medusa will accept anyone who wants to be part of Insomnia, but not if they hurt others without reason." She paused as she thought for a moment. What was the word her ghost dad said? Ah yes! "Insomnia and Medusa are like Karma!" That was the best comparison she could think of. She didn't know what Corbie would think about former Habari members being prisoners, but it's not like Medusa planned on keeping them forever anyway! They would be set free...eventually.

"Medusa"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

03-20-2023, 03:23 PM
As Medusa happily chattered away about her pack, Corbie blinked and nodded along in somewhat shell-shocked silence. Mortal enemy? Curses? Oh dear. Slave? Oh dear. As Medusa trailed off, Corbie shook herself. "I'm very sorry to hear you were treated badly, Medusa," she offered. "The keeping of slaves is a terrible thing, let alone mistreating them. I can certainly understand wishing to imprison them for a time as justice, though I am glad to hear that you do not intend to keep them as slaves yourself. That would make you as bad as them," she said solemnly, sadly. Insomnia - oh dear - seemed to be a place for the misfits and rejected elements of wolf society to find a home in, not so different than Avalon or the Hallows, in its own way, though she couldn't see Medusa threading the political minefield of neutrality for any particular length of time. "Insomnia sounds like it will provide a good home to those who need it," she said politely. "Is there anything you are in need of, while setting up your pack? If you like, we have many things that I am sure we could trade to make life more comfortable. Knowledge, too - we are more than happy to teach new things to those who wish to learn."

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-01-2023, 10:58 PM

Huh. Corbie made sense. When she said that if she had intended to keep them as slaves it would make Medusa as bad as they had been. No no no, Medusa did not and would not keep slaves! Prisoners, yes. But they would always have the choices given to them to stay or go. And they were told from the moment they were captured that they had those options. Something Habari hadn't offered to her. At least not that she knew of, anyway. She smiled though when Corbie mentioned Insomnia being a good home for those who needed it, and even offered help!

That was something she hadn't expected! "Corbie wants to help Medusa!?" She exclaimed in surprise and excitement. Her paws tippy-tapped and her body wiggled with glee. "Does Corbie know someone to teach plants? Medusa's pup wants to learn, but Medusa only knows basic things. Medusa can send here or Corbie can send to Insomnia, Avalon is welcome!" What reason did she have to distrust Corbie, anyway?

"Medusa"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

05-01-2023, 11:39 PM
Corbie smiled slightly at Medusa's enthusiasm. She was an odd thing, sure, and Corbie wasn't certain her moral compass was quite calibrated, and she definitely wasn't certain that she was sane, but there was no denying that Medusa had a sort of child like enthusiasm about the world. Despite what she'd gone through as a slave. "We do have Alarr who is a healer, and knowledgeable in the use of plants. He's been attempting to grow some here, as well. Is that what your pup is wanting to learn? I'm afraid that Alarr is our only healer, though, so I wouldn't feel comfortable sending him to another pack just in case something happened here. You are more than welcome to bring your child here to learn from him, though, if you wish. I'm happy to help."

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-15-2023, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2023, 06:33 PM by Medusa. Edited 2 times in total.)

She listened to Corbie's explanation that Avalon had someone named Alarr who was their healer, but that he was also the packs only healer. He was attempting to grow his own plants, and while Medusa was very curious to know which plants (she had more of an interest in poisonous ones), she had a feeling that maybe it wasn't those types of plants if Corbie and her pack were anything to go by. "Yes! That is okay, Medusa can send Rougarou to Avalon, she wants to learn more and Medusa has nothing else to teach about medicine! Rue will help Alarr grow things, and learn from him! Medusa will bring a gift for Avalon when she brings Rue to train!" She grinned, tail wagging. She couldn't wait to send Rue here, at least for a little while. She knew her child would be excited to learn about plants and probably other things that Medusa didn't know.

"Medusa"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

05-29-2023, 02:25 PM
Medusa was very excited for the idea, and the excitement was contagious. "I will let everyone know to expect you and Rue, and let Alarr know to be ready for a student." It would be good for the pack to get adjusted to the idea of students coming in and learning from them, and it would be good for Medusa's pack to have a trained healer. It would be beneficial to everyone involved, and it would potentially get Avalon's name out there to draw in more trade, more members, more students. "Is there anything else I can help you with while you're here?" she inquired, cocking her head to the side.

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-09-2023, 06:38 PM

She nodded with excitement. Would Rue be just as excited? She certainly thought so! "Medusa thanks Avalon!" She yipped, clearly far more excited than she probably should be. She had learned that Avalon kept sheep and stuff, so she was definitely curious about all of that. But alas, perhaps she'd bug Corbie about it another day! It was probably about time for her to head back home and make sure the pack hadn't set itself on fire or...something. "NoPe!" She emphasized the P with a little pop, "Maybe Avalon can teach Medusa about this thing you do with the sheep, Medusa is curious, but she has to get back home now! She will talk to Rue, and we will be back!" She dipped her head to Corbie before departing. She was glad to have a potential friend to help them learn some new stuff!

-exit?-

"Medusa"

Corbie

Avalon
Alpha

Master Hunter (270)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

06-13-2023, 12:21 AM
With as much energy as a hyperactive pup herself, Medusa responded with glee to Corbie's words. Corbie only had time to nod when Medusa mentioned that she wanted to know more about keeping sheep, but before Corbie could open her mouth to agree to that future teaching, the other alpha was off, trucking it determinedly back towards her own pack to pick up her child. Corbie blinked with bemusement, but just gave a low, breathless chuckle and shook her head at the capricious alpha's departure. She'd see her again quite soon, she was sure. Medusa seemed the type of wolf to act on impulse as soon as an idea was set. Certainly different than Corbie's own way, but they could compliment each other, with a little work. With another rueful chuckle, she set back out to where Ayer was still working on those hides, to finish her own work.

-exit-