ardent

Do You Stand a Ghost of a Chance?

Ghoul

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
03-02-2023, 01:04 AM

She had spent a considerable amount of time cooking up ideas and things not only for the pack but what she was going to do about the runaway Curses. Specifically, the ones that had run and hidden the moment she had won the pack from Recluse. She had given them ample time to do their own things before she went looking for them, but now her patience was running thin. They were underestimating her. Probably thought she'd just give up and let 'em go. Well, they were wrong. She still had the mind to track them down and bring them here, at least for a bit, but they didn't know that. Let them think Medusa won't come looking! She thought gleefully. She always liked a good hunt, and this would probably be the best hunt she'd have yet. But first! She needed to check in on the injured. Were they healed yet? She knew enough healing to get by and had to learn when she was living out in the wilds prior to Habari enslavement, but it wasn't her body she was trying to put back together. Ghoul, Widow, and Macabre were the patients this time around, and although she'd been ensuring they wouldn't die on her, she wasn't them. Their bodies healed differently, and she wanted to see now how far along the process they were before moving forward with any potential plans with them. She didn't know yet if they planned on staying or trying to leave, but she'd find out sooner or later. Considering she respected Ghoul and liked Widow, she wanted to give them a choice. If they decided to fight to leave, she'd wait until they were in full health. She wouldn't kick them while they were already down. Same with little cow-boy, Macabre. She didn't have anything against him, after all.

Approaching the den she had let Ghoul stay in while he recovered, she uttered a greeting to let him know of her approach. "Ghoouuuullll! Medusa's come to see you!"

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
03-10-2023, 09:02 PM

Ghoul spent most of his days resting and minding his business. Kept warm by the embraces of his caimans and occasionally his brother, Macabre, he could finally begin to feel his legs. Some days he would try to stand and others he would only be able to scoot himself across the floor to get water. But every time he tried, he would make it farther and farther. Nearly two seasons had passed since his accident and with the help of wooden braces (really just shitty tourniquets) Ghoul was able to walk out to the plains. Heavily dosed on painkillers given to him by his sister, he tried his best to be as mobile as possible.

Though today was a rest day. His eyes were half closed and he was near full slumber when Medusa came calling. Her regular slightly high-pitched cackle of a call brought a small smirk to his lips as he lifted his head to glance at her. "Afternoon Medusa," Ghoul rumbles as he achingly and slowly stands up and gives his coat a shake. "How has life been since you became an Alphess?" He asks with genuine curiosity. Taking a few steps closer to her and to the light of the outside world, he notices how much happier she appears to be. While the rest of his family had treated her poorly, Ghoul had not understood why or made the effort to do the same. In light of recent events, he actually enjoyed her company and considered staying in Insomnia.

Ghoul Klein

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
03-11-2023, 11:45 PM

She found Ghoul not far outside of the den where he'd been recovering, and she grinned when he turned to greet her. Of all the former Habari wolves, he was always one that didn't look at her with disgust like most of the others. He had always been cordial with her, and never treated her like she was less than despite the beliefs of half his family. "How has life been since you became an Alphess?" She grinned wider, tail wagging a few times as he hobbled closer to her. "It's a lot of work! Medusa is busy a lot, but it's not too bad! She makes time for important things!" Like checking in on Ghoul and his siblings, her kids, Morte, and whatever else needed her attention. Did she feel stressed and frazzled and like there wasn't enough time for everything? Not at all, surprisingly! Whatever she didn't get one day, she could push to another day and eventually, she'd get to it.

She sat down as she rolled out her shoulders and neck, shaking out her coat for a quick heartbeat before she returned her attention fully to Ghoul. "How are Ghoul's legs? Medusa sees you're walking a bit! Medusa is glad to see that, she didn't know if Ghoul would be able to walk again after all of that..." Had she been concerned? Of course! She couldn't imagine what it would've been like to completely lose the use of her legs. How would he get around if he couldn't walk for the rest of his life? It seemed like a life she would hate to have, and as strong as her will was, she had a fleeting moment of doubt where she wasn't sure that she'd be able to handle that sort of life for long. But Ghoul was persevering and it seemed his legs would be alright! Or mostly, at least.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
04-09-2023, 07:26 PM

He feels shaky on his still healing legs, but he refuses to give in. If he didn’t push himself, he wouldn’t ever heal. He probably still wouldn’t be here if he wasn’t so damn stubborn. Plus Medusa had saved him and helped carry him back here when his own brother hadn’t been able to find anyone. Somehow, Ghoul was finding himself indebted to the previous slave of Habari. Funny how that was all working out wasn’t it?

“What is important to one may not be important to another,” he adds as he looks down at his bandaged legs. While the breaks were healed, his muscles were still in process of reforming and strengthening back up to what they once were. It was utterly impossible at this point to even try hunting or sparring or anything faster than a slow walk. He knows she is talking about him so he shrugs as he looks back up at her. “They are getting there. Walking is the first step,” Ghoul musters a smile.

“So what are your plans for uh… what did you name your pack?” Realizing that he didn’t know the pack’s name almost made him feel guilty. Everything after the challenge outcome had happened so quickly and then he had nearly died. Guess semantics of pack names had been forgotten.

Ghoul Klein

Warning: If anyone dares to fuck with Cricket, their pups, or Macabre, you will be answering to him.

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-11-2023, 02:39 PM

“What is important to one may not be important to another,” Hmm? Her head cocks far to the side when he said this. She didn't quite understand the meaning behind it, but little did he know she did in fact, consider him very important. After all, he was probably the only wolf in Habari that she had actually started to trust. When he mentioned his legs were getting better, she straightened herself out and nodded. "Good! Medusa is glad to hear it. She didn't like to see Ghoul in so much pain, plus Ghoul is heavy! She didn't want to have to carry him around everywhere for the rest of his life!" She giggled. The last part was a joke, obviously. But still, it would've sucked if he ended up not being able to walk again, and she doubted he'd want to live like that.

When he asked about the name of the pack, she realized that she never did really mention it to him, had she? She had been so busy trying to mend him and his brother and running around doing Medusa things that it hadn't even crossed her mind! "Insomnia!" She flashed a grin, proud of the name she had chosen. It was very fitting, after all. What was sleep? Who needed it? Not her! Sleep was for the weak! "Has Ghoul seen his brothers and sisters yet?" She had no idea how many siblings he had, but from the way Recluse popped them out, she assumed there was a ton of each. "Blue Man is also here. He said he wanted to stay. Widow, too!" Widow was nice, she liked her! And also adored Morte! Had Ghoul met that one yet?

"Medusa"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

04-14-2023, 09:11 AM
Ghoul almost cracked a smile at her fat comment. Looking back at his hefty bulk, he hadn't thought he was fat... Just larger than most. When he thought about it, he noticed his siblings were on the leaner side compared to his thick legs and muscular physique. Eh, he didn't really care. "I believe Macabre offered me a wagon so Medusa doesn't need to worry that much," he teased back as his tail gave a few flicks to show that he appreciated her humor.

"Insomnia is quite fitting," Ghoul nods as she tells him happily. His head then tilts lightly. Ah, yes, his siblings. "I've only seen Macabre here. Viscera came across me at the statue where Medusa found me, but he never returned," his shoulders shrug off the issue of him being frustrated about that. When she mentioned Widow and Eraithus though, Ghoul's brow furrowed slightly. Widow had a pup now and she was... as offputting as ever. "Widow never liked us. Not sure why she always had a stick up her ass," his nose wrinkles before moving on. "Eraithus is here? That's interesting. He didn't run off with my mother?" Ghoul questions with another tilt of his head as his ruby eyes look at Medusa. He was eager to ask what her plans were with him and Mac in Insomnia and more importantly, what her plan was for the rest of his family...

G H O U L

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-21-2023, 10:47 PM

Oh, good! If Mac pulled Ghoul around in a wagon, that'd save her from having to haul him around. She flashed him a grin, tail beating the ground a bit, and continued when he said that he pretty much liked the name Insomnia. She thought it was perfect! "I've only seen Macabre here. Viscera came across me at the statue where Medusa found me, but he never returned," her tail stopped wagging and her ears sat upright. Why did that name sound familiar? Okay maybe not the name, but the brother that was there and hadn't returned. Was that the one she had seen trying to help Ghoul that day near the statue? "Is he the white one with the tiger stripes? Tall boy? Not the one that ran away when Medusa beat Recluse?" She questioned, though sorta kinda rhetorically. Possibly, anyway. If it was who she was thinking, she added "Stripey boy is here. Medusa saw him when she brought Insomnia here. He is in the Tar Pits!"Or at least he should be. Along with Misery & Eraithus and whatever other Curses had shown up to the first meeting. She checked frequently, and two of those three were pretty reclusive. So far, only Eraithus had shown interest in wanting to get out of there. Though she was pretty sure it was just those three. The others that were injured or whatever had been allowed to crash in this territory.

"Widow never liked us. Not sure why she always had a stick up her ass," Medusa cocked her head to the side again, not sure what that meant exactly. "Medusa has not seen any sticks there, but a Morte came out!" That was sorta the same thing, no? It was clear to her though, that he wasn't a fan of his sister. She didn't know why outside of sticks being up her butt, but maybe there was something going on that she didn't know about. "Eraithus also showed up to Medusa's first meeting. He wanted to fight for him to go free, and to fight for his baby pups. But he lost and has been here. He said he wanted to stay with Insomnia, and wants to do what Medusa tried to do in Habari and do better." She shrugged, she still didn't really trust that guy yet. "He said he won't tell Medusa where they are hiding, but Medusa doesn't care about the babies. She still doesn't trust Blue Man." She huffed with a frown.

"Medusa"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

05-09-2023, 02:36 PM

Ghoul was always respectful around Medusa. With her quirky language and odd movements, some might be put off by her. Not the pale boy with the ruby eyes. In a way, he found her endearing and humorous. Perhaps a little hard to take seriously, but now that she was Alpha, he saw her nothing but serious. So he would listen and hear her words about his family. If Ghoul was ever being honest, the only two he really trusted were his mother and Macabre. Now that Recluse had lost and ran off, he wasn’t so sure he trusted her either anymore.

“I hope one day you can trust me,” was what he resolved to say after a few moments of thought. His family was nothing to him anymore - except for Macabre. That cow-spotted boy would always be close to his heart. “Whatever you need from me, all Medusa needs to do is ask,” Ghoul nods his head slowly as he levels his gaze with Medusa. Hopefully she understood he was being serious.

Ghoul Klein

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-15-2023, 11:32 PM

"I hope one day you can trust me." Her head cocked to the side, tail waving slowly behind her as she thought about his words. Trust? That was something she was not at all used to. It was very hard for her to trust others. The last time she trusted someone she had considered a very good friend and had opened up to her, she had disappeared and left Medusa alone. The only ones Medusa trusted now were her companions, but even they didn't get the level of trust she so desperately wished she could give. “Whatever you need from me, all Medusa needs to do is ask,”

She blinked once. Twice. Quiet for a few heartbeats. Could she really trust him? He had, after all, shown her loads of things that others hadn't. He had been one of the rare wolves in her life that she could honestly call a friend. He had never mistreated her. Actually talked to her, and had never treated her differently even though she was wildly different compared to others. He had been patient with her throughout the whole time they had known each other. So she nodded in return. "Medusa wants to make Ghoul a Memory. He is not a Curse anymore." She stated. Though was he ever really a curse? Not in her eyes, really. Though he had been cursed what with his legs being broken, his family shattered, and her winning his home pack, Ghoul deserved more than Recluse had ever offered him. She respected Ghoul alot. Not just because she considered him a friend (regardless of whether or not he knew that), but because he deserved the respect. "Anything Ghoul needs, Medusa will help." She returned the words, a small half-grin on her lips.

"Medusa"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

05-25-2023, 08:51 AM

Ghoul feels uncertain when silence falls between them. Had he said something wrong? But then her tail wags slowly and his own in response. Okay so he hadn’t messed this up. Everything he had said had been honest and he would not go back on his word. Medusa would need all the help she could get when the time came. If the time came. Surely the Pirates would come knocking at some point for a raid. No one was safe from those scoundrels.

“I am pleased to be of assistance,” he concludes with one final smile. “If it is alright with you, may I rest now?” His head tilts to the side. If she wanted to stay and visit, he would be okay with that. If she was okay with letting him rest, he would love a nap. Either way, he hoped that she truly understood he was there for her whenever she needed.

Ghoul Klein

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (629)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-09-2023, 06:44 PM

It seemed they had a mutual understanding of one another. And honestly, she was grateful he was here and that he had decided to stay. Had he wanted to go, she probably would've been upset, but he was probably the only one she wouldn't keep against his will...maybe. All she knew was that she was glad to have him here as a friend, a supporter, and someone to possibly lean on should she need it. And in turn, she'd do the same. When he asked to rest, she nodded. As much as she enjoyed pestering him for this, that, and the other thing, he deserved to rest, too. "Yes! Ghoul can rest, Medusa will talk to him later!" Out of sheer playful teasing, she quickly raised her paw to boop his nose before turning away with a giggle. "Thank you, Ghoul!" She shouted as she retreated, shooting him her iconic grin before she loped off to pester someone else.

-exit-

"Medusa"