gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
03-27-2023, 01:49 AM
Ardyn Adravendi

By now, everyone’s cuts and bruises would be mostly healed from the Raid, and Ardyn made his circuit around the territories in search of each who had fought for the pack. Or at the very least for its dignity.

His nose traced above the ground until he found a scent, and he took off at a brisk trot, scanning for the form he sought. Soon enough, he figure came into sight and he chuffed in greeting as he pulled up alongside Amory.

She had been the one to turn the battle in Valhalla’s favor, and he was immensely proud of his sister. Both of them. Each had fought well in her own right.

“Hey, there, Lady Warrior. How’re you healing up?”

Cheerful affection warmed his deep tones as he nudged her shoulder with his nose and winked.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ----  "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Amorielle

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
04-25-2023, 12:19 AM
Amorielle Adravendi

She was still riding her high after her victory in the raid. She had been the very last to arrive, but that was all she had needed to turn the tides in Valhalla's favor. The russet and white femme had taken to training a little harder, a little more frequently so she could be prepared for the next potential raid. For now though, she had taken up patrol duty, swapping out with Tyto who had gone off to hunt. The day was nice, and while she did hope no raiders would ruin it, part of her wanted to test herself again.

The sound of her brother's approach would pull her attention away, and she looked to see him coming up beside her, bumping her shoulder with affection. His words brought a grin to her lips, tail waving with an eager energy that wasn't seen too often. "Hello, brother! I've been healing quite well, nothing I can't handle! How are you? Still surprised we sent the pirates packing?"

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

04-25-2023, 12:26 AM
Ardyn Adravendi

She was definitely still riding the high of her victories, and Ardyn grinned with amusement at her response, nodding with satisfaction that she was healing well. She’d already been training, according to Lyr.

She asked after himself and Ardyn chuckled softly. “I’m healing alright. I can talk without my tongue throbbing.”

To her second query, his head tipped lightly in thought. “To be honest, it really was looking like we’d lose, which I was willing to accept, since it would have hopefully jolted the pack enough to get them working to better themselves. Still, in terms of pack dignity and pride, I’m glad we won. Hopefully we win the return raid as well.”

He regarded her with fraternal pride, eyes twinkling as he added, “And you, dear sister, have a promotion on the horizon. And a celebration feast. You pulled us through.”

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.

Amorielle

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

04-25-2023, 12:44 AM
Amorielle Adravendi

A light, airy laughter left her at the mention of his tongue. "Well that's good to hear, brother! Whatever would we should you lose your ability to speak?" She teased, winking along with the jest. And for his thoughts about the raid, she turned a bit solemn. She understood his concerns about it, and had it not been for her late arrival, Valhalla would've lost. She didn't want praise nor to be in the spotlight. She had been late, after all. Almost hadn't made it in time. "Yes, I can understand what you mean. I feel perhaps Valhalla lacks...something. Ambition amongst the members, perhaps? I don't know what it's like in other packs, but Valhalla is...quiet. I think." She shrugged. She didn't have much else to compare it to, Valhalla was the only thing she knew. Oh, but a promotion and a feast? That sounded like fun! "Hopefully a celebration feast can help bring us together, I'm happy to help arrange things if you need it!"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-08-2023, 11:16 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn gave a chuff of amusement at her light teasing, shrugging lightly as he remarked, “I can at least sign and write, words failing.”

He listened with interest, nodding at her assessment of the lack of ambition the pack seemed to be suffering. “I had hoped that both my words at the warrior meeting and this raid would have sparked something in them, but…” Another shrug.

“We’ve so many high ranks they could work for – that need filling – and it’s not as though they have to fight anyone to take the rank off them to get there. Just work and train hard, train the younglings. Pull their weight. If they can’t… why let them stay, eating food they aren’t earning?”

A grin flickered over his features at her optimism, and he nodded. “I hope so, and any help is welcome. Our last festival was all mother’s work. She wanted to hold a coronation festival for me, but I think I finally talked her out of it. A regular one would still be nice. I hear tell that Avalon planned to hold one but I haven’t heard more lately.”

Amorielle

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

05-08-2023, 11:35 PM
Amorielle Adravendi

"Oh yes, that is true, isn't it? I really should practice that more, too. Though it's easier for my dear ol' brother with those flexible fingers of yours!" She smiled, tail waving briefly in the air behind her. She sat and listened to his concerns, nodding along as she thought about it. The warrior meeting did seem to have a lot of interest, but after that...radio silence. It was strange. Were the members of Valhalla so content with their more or less worry-free life that they just felt like it wasn't worth the effort? Or perhaps everyone was just...that content. Whatever the case, Amorielle felt like the mood in Valhalla was probably at a standstill. She had half a mind to go around and see what everyone else's thoughts were, maybe that'd help her brother some to figure out what to do.

"Maybe I can help rally the troops and get a festival prepared? Or if you'd like, I can head over to Avalon and see what they're up to? Anything you need, just ask! I'm more than happy to help you out, anything to ease some burden off your shoulders."

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-09-2023, 12:18 AM
Ardyn Adravendi

Ardyn snickered at her return; he’d seen her paw-writing.

At her suggestion, Ardyn nodded in agreement. “I’d like that. If you work with Mother and Tel as well, and maybe try to rope Caelia into it, I think it’d be quite the festival. Lyr can help with sending ravens to the Nomads. The Dancefloor’s been claimed by a woman named Medusa and her pack, Insomnia, but the Basin’s still open.”

His head tipped in thought as he added, “Avalon will be on the top of the list for invitations. Insomnia as well. Medusa’s a little strange, but my gut tells me she’s not a threat unless we make her into one. Corbie and Avalon may help us take on another elephant sometime in the future, by the way. You want in on that brawl?”

He flashed a grin at her, brow points lifting.

Amorielle

Loner

Advanced Fighter (80)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

06-22-2023, 03:02 PM
Amorielle Adravendi

She nodded as she listened. Roping some of the others into this endeavor would be a big help, not to mention she could probably assess where their interests and ambitions lay, if they had any. Tel was often seen doing her duties around, and the stocks had filled up nicely since Tyto showed up, though she hadn't spoken to the man yet, she was keen on getting to know him (and some others) better. When he mentioned inviting Avalon and a pack called Insomnia, her head tilted. How strange was this...Medusa? Her curiosity was piqued, of course, though she'd never met anyone really "strange" before. "I am curious about this...Medusa. How strange can she be compared to you or me?" She flashed light hearted chuckle. She supposed she'd just have to see for herself!

Her ears perked at his question, "Oh, yes I think I would be very much interested in that! I wouldn't mind trying to give someone a good wallop! Or, at least try to. The majority are much bigger than me, after all." She says, peering up at her larger counterpart. "If you don't mind, I'll make preparations soon to head out to Avalon and Insomnia within the next few days. Anything else you'd like passed along?"

Ardyn

Loner

Master Fighter (250)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Ardyn Adravendi

He chuckled softly at her question, head shaking. “She speaks a bit differently. Visually, the only odd thing about her is her markings, but these days, she’s far from the most wildly marked individual out there.”

He grinned at her remark, and put in, “Well, the last time we hunted an elephant, it was quite the battle.”

He rapped her nose playfully with the back of one digit’s knuckle as he added, “And I’m sure you’ll be able to sting the next one’s toes. Just don’t get stomped or sent flying by its trunk.”

At Amory’s more business-aligned query, Ardyn nodded, making note, and wondering what her route would be. “Let them know there’ll be the usual festivities; hunting contests, fighting tournament, and feasting. The set date depends on you, Mom, and Tel, as well as any input from pack members you wrangle into the planning.”

His tongue poked out at the last words in a playful tease as he winked down at her.