All Your Perfect Imperfections

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM by Dayton.)

The boy had finally returned home. He had spent the entire day at the Obsidian Beach after sending Misha on ahead of him. He trusted that his love could find her way home safely, though he had worried a bit about her. Now his steps brought him to a less familiar part of Tortuga, a place with deep curves of grassy land. It was very open here. The perfect place to call for his mate.

In his jaws, Dayton carefully held the shell he had found. It was white and pearly - beautiful - the perfect gift for Misha. The male had wanted to find a trinket for her there on the beach, that place where they had shared so many lovely memories. After all, when winter came it wouldn't be possible for them to make the long walk there. They would need to find a den and stay warm when the snow began to fall upon these northern lands.

Dayton came to a stop in a small valley and lightly placed the pretty shell behind his front legs. He wanted Misha to be surprised. The small brute then sent up a howl, calling for her to meet him. His song was sweet and melodious - much better than his usual singing voice. There was a grin on his maw as he listened to his howl. It bounced off into the distance, undisturbed by even a wisp of wind. The air was mercifully still this morning. Had it really been only a day since the boy had seen his love? Already his fur itched to feel her warmth. His eyes ached to behold her. And his heart, of course, burned steadily for everything else. He seated himself impatiently and felt his tail begin to wag. It had been a mere twenty four hours for some, but for Dayton it felt like a lifetime.

Come soon, my love, he called to her silently. I have a gift for you.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Misha had been walking around her territory, looking around for her mate Day and wondering if he was around these parts yet. She hadn't really worried about him finding his way back, just hoping that her mate stayed safe. It had been a mere day since they had crossed paths, but for the small fae, it had felt painfully long without being with her loved one. Her heart jumped when a howl reached her ears. Desperate, Misha twitched her ears again. Day.. she thought to herself, opening her maw. She filled her lungs with air and began singing into the air, promising him that she would be there soon. She hadn't been that far from the howl, so she ran in his direction, meeting up not too long later. "Day!" The fae said, her hopes rising. She nuzzled his face and gave his cheek a lick. "Good to see you," she stepped back, smiling up at him. She checked his status out, noticing a small white object behind his front paws. Misha narrowed her eyes a bit in curiosity, wondering what it was.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2014, 11:46 AM

Soon after his song had disappeared into the distant trees, an answer came. Misha had such an undeniable voice, so soft and full of life, that he felt butterflies swimming in his stomach. He anticipated her arrival with adrenaline singing in his bones. Shortly after her howl had been heard, Misha came running through the trees shouting his name. She looked incredibly excited to see her mate. He nearly stood and ran towards her as well, but he wanted to keep his gift hidden, so he stayed put. The girl met him with a nuzzle and a lick, and he kissed her briefly in return. "It's good to see you, too, Misha. I missed you." He smiled purely and openly, taking in her blue eyes.

Those eyes flickered to an unknown shape that lingered behind his slim legs. He pouted for a moment. Of course he hadn't hidden it very well, but he decided to distract the female for a moment and build the suspension. After all, his ears had caught his nickname on the wind as she had hurried toward him. But only his nickname. As he thought back through their short time together, he realized that Misha had never called him by his full name. Did he want her to? He wasn't sure, but he figured she ought to know the truth.

"I have something to tell you before I explain what this is," he told the girl, nodding at the gift behind his paws. "Did you know that my real name is Dayton?"

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Misha smiled at her mate, noticing him somewhat get nervous as she spotted the thing behind his legs. She looked back up at him as he told her his real name. Oooooohhh, she thought to herself as she gave him a smile. "Dayton." Should she tell him her real name? She rarely ever told anyone her actual birth name. She just told other wolves her first name, not her first, middle, and last names. "My real, full name is Misha Elaine Cae," she said with a small bow. "Nice to fully meet in your presence," the small fae looked at Day- no Dayton, and nuzzled him, licking his nose.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2014, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM by Dayton.)

The boy pushed his legs even closer together. He didn't want Misha to see the shell before he gave it to her - of course she had already glimpsed its opalescent sheen, but was that enough to give it away? Dayton hoped not. He struggled to keep a straight face as she reacted to hearing his full name, giving hers in return. Misha Elaine Cae... What an elegant name. In the end it was impossible not to smile at her. "And here I was, thinking that your name was already as beautiful as it could be." he winked at her as the smile remained. "It is my pleasure, Misha Elaine Cae, to know you and to love you." Dayton stretched his head forward, careful to keep his legs still, and kissed her softly.

It then occurred to him that while Misha Elaine Cae had such a full, beautiful name, all he had was Dayton. Nothing more. Then again, he decided, he would be satisfied with only that. After all that his father had put him through, did he really want a surname from him? It was better to be only Dayton, with no further ties or connections to that horrid monster. That's all he was, and that's all he would ever be. Just Dayton.

At this point, the small male changed his warm smile into a bashful little smirk and began to shift his paws. He lifted one and dipped his head down, plucking the shell from the grass lightly with his teeth. He was painstaking gentle as he brought the gift over to his love. His jaw released it - tenderly - at the girl's feet, and as he rose he brushed his cheek against her own.

"For you, darling." he murmured. "I found it at the beach yesterday, after you left. I wanted to give you something special, and I thought you would like something from our little place. After all, it's a long walk, and when winter comes we won't always be able to go..."

His voice trailed away, replaced with burning heat that was beginning to whip across his face. They may have declared themselves as mates, but Dayton still couldn't help being shy now and then. Surely his love, of all people, would understand that.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-17-2014, 05:17 PM
The small fae known as Misha Elaine Cae to Dayton looked at her mate as he carefully pulled out a trinket of his love for her. She backed up a bit as he placed it in front of her paws ever so gently. Obviously it was very delicate, and Misha smiled when her mate took in great care to keep it in it's perfectly shaped form. Her blue grey eyes lit up as she took the object in. A pretty- no- beautiful white, pearly shell. Her eyes reflected the gleam of light it cast off almost perfectly, her eyes showing a more light, sky blue now. She was speechless, but she would catch her breath and finally begin to speak.

"You.. I.. It's beautiful, I love it. But, now I feel bad because I have nothing to give to my lovely mate in return," she said, looking up at him, feeling bad.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-17-2014, 10:26 PM

The shell gleamed perfectly in the early light of the day, but the boy paid no attention to its beauty. After all, its beauty was dim and meaningless next to Misha. Her eyes caught the sparkle from her gift and reflected it, making Dayton forget how to breathe for a moment. How could any female be that beautiful? The boy sighed for a moment, at a loss. Her blue eyes shone like the sky as her gentle voice stammered out into the air.

Her words brought a laugh into his throat. "Oh, Misha..." he tilted his head, pressing it against hers. "You forget that you've already given me the best gift of all. You gave me your heart, didn't you?"

His voice was a soft murmur as he nudged at Misha, gesturing for her to follow him toward a line of trees. The wind was beginning to pick up now, bringing a slight chill. This reminded him of the other task at hand. His teeth lightly grasped the shell as they walked. "We have one more thing to talk about, love. What will we do during the winter? Should we ask Roman for a den of some kind?" his voice was a bit muffled as he tried to speak around the object in his mouth, but he didn't mind. Misha wasn't far away. She would still be able to understand him.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-18-2014, 06:19 AM

Misha nodded. She had given him her heart, and she loved him. Oh, I'll just get him something later, she thought to herself as she watched Dayton get up and begin to move over to the line of trees. She quickly followed, glancing at the boy as he spoke. A den? She thought about it for a moment, nodding. A den for themselves meant a place away from everyone. But, didn't also a den mean puppies? The word slipped out of her mouth without her realization. "Puppies," she whispered, looking at the ground. Was she ready? Fuck no she wasn't. She was never fully "ready". That's another reason why her old mate had probably left her. Because she couldn't mate correctly. Every time they would "try", she'd tense up, pull away, and beg for him to stop. She would do the same with Day. Because she was messed up inside.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-18-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 08:19 AM by Dayton.)

The mates walked along beside each other, close enough to let their fur touch. The shell was beginning to poke into his tongue, but he wasn't about to complain. He listened patiently, waiting for Misha to reply. She seemed to think about it for a moment, nodding. She seemed to like the idea of a den. At first.

He watched with confusion as a flash of indecision crossed her pretty face. Then she seemed to panic a bit. "Puppies," he heard her whisper, seeming to not realize this as she did so. The word had slipped out into the now electric silence, and Dayton felt his confusion grow. Puppies? What was she saying? Did she take his words the wrong way?

He felt a groan threatening to surface, but mercifully pushed it back. He would need to tread lightly around the topic of children. He knew how it could set Misha off. But now she seemed as nervous as he, and perhaps they could compromise. "No, Misha. Not puppies. Not yet," the boy added, in case the finality of his words startled her. The thought of children didn't frighten him as much as the thought of... conceiving them. There was no way he could bring himself to mate with her, with anyone for that matter. The experience had been ruined for him. He didn't understand his role in the least. With a slight shudder, Dayton pushed the thoughts away and bumped his love playfully with his hip.

"You misunderstood me, love. I simply think we should find a warm place to sleep. I expect nothing more," his voice, while still muffled, was very soft. "I promise this, Misha. No pressure at all." Because no pressure for her meant no pressure for him, either. He wouldn't be able to reach that point for a long time, if he ever reached it. His attraction for Misha Elaine Cae was pure and innocent, and it always would be.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-18-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2014, 07:35 PM by Misha.)
Misha glanced up at her mate known as Day, still suffering from her small panic attack. Not yet.. He had told her, making her jump on edge. Why had she ever come here? Why had she ever survived and not had died with her parents? Sometimes she wishes she was dead, especially moments like this, because she always screwed them up. "I.. I'm sorry for ever existing," the small fae said as she turned and ran, tears blurring her eyes. Her heart ached, realizing that she had hurt Day... Again. A small whine escaped her lips as she strode for a few more bounds in a run, closing her eyes tightly and slowly banging her head against the base of a tree trunk, trying to clear her thoughts. "Such a fuck up, such a fuck up," she whispered to herself, intensifying the collision with her head and the tree.

OOC: Broooo. Sorry it took so long. And I'm watching The Book Thief, then I'll be watching Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, so I might be a little distracted because it's movie night xP But, I'll try and be attentive :3 Just for Mishton <3 And, Misha didn't run fully away, she just ran away from Dayton

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-19-2014, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 08:20 AM by Dayton.)

Her words stunned him quickly and absolutely. She was apologizing for existing? Did she realize that her existence was the only reason Dayton was alive? His jaw dropped, nearly releasing the fragile shell. At first he scrambled to keep it in his grip, but as he saw her running he decided it was a lost cause and let it fall to the cushioned grass. His paws avoided it as he sprinted after Misha. Oh well. He would have to track it down later.

As his legs moved over each other again and again, his mind flew back to the first time Misha had fled from him. It seemed that she had panic attacks quite often, but all he would need to do was calm her down. Things would be fine. Besides, he hardly knew who she was the first time she had run from him. That's why he had let her go. But not this time.

Dayton's slight figure moved easily through the trees, trailing where the female had gone. He found her quickly, as she had stopped to bash her head against a nearby tree. He immediately rushed over to her and led her away from the hazard, curling his small body around her like a security blanket. He pulled her slowly and tenderly down to the ground, forcing her to lay down and breathe and think this over.

"Shh, Misha..." he whispered, rocking her a bit. "Just relax, love. I'm here. I'm with you. Everything is fine."

For some, dealing with frequent anxiety attacks would be a hassle. But Dayton had never been more willing to do anything in his life. He loved Misha and he would do anything to keep her. He ached for her to be happy again, giving her forehead a quick lick as he murmured soothing words in her ear. "Be careful, my dear. Now listen to me. You are the only meaningful thing in my life. Why would you ever apologize for existing? You did nothing wrong, it was a small misunderstanding. Nothing at all of any importance. Shh, love, everything is fine." And he stayed that way, calming his mate, until she broke out of this land of panic.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Misha sighed, feeling her stomach twist into a knot as she heard paw steps running towards her through the trees. Dayton.. She thought to herself, looking up just as he arrived. He would pull her away from the tree and curl up against her, making sure his majesty did no other harm to herself. She would sigh, shaking her head as he reassured her. "Why don't you just hate me like everyone else? I'm worthless... I don't know how I could mean anything to you. Or anyone," she breathed, already feeling the sting of pain from tears in her eyes. She shook her head and blinked her tears away, looking at Dayton for an explanation with an answer.

OOC: Ish such a pretty table :3 But, I have yet to add it on my table list. I'll do it soon when I gety Mum's laptop :3 Mishton <33 ^^

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-19-2014, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2014, 09:13 PM by Dayton.)

Misha only sighed and shook her head. Why didn't she understand? She was everything to him now. The only thing he cared about - the only reason he was living. "Why don't you just hate me like everyone else? I'm worthless... I don't know how I could mean anything to you. Or anyone." The girl rambled on desperately, voicing her awful thoughts and feelings.

His heart ached for her restlessly, and his breath quickened as he tried to think of what to say. It was as if he were having a panic attack of his own. "Misha. What can I say to convince you? I love you." He laughed once without humor, his ears splayed to the side with confusion. "Who wouldn't love you? You're beautiful, you're smart, and you're so, so good..." Dayton seemed to shake his head slowly. "You are completely, utterly, painfully perfect. It's like it hurts me just to look at you - like I've been caught staring at an angel. I don't deserve your love in return. That's the real problem here."

When Dayton said this, a frown began to cross his lips. It was true, wasn't it? He didn't deserve Misha, and he never would. But he would still treasure her company for however long it lasted. Forever, he hoped. The boy rubbed his head against his mate, his tongue granting a few lingering kisses. "You silly, wonderful girl..." he whispered. "Nobody hates you. You're not worthless. I've never been happier in my life, and its all thanks to you. You mean everything to me. I love you more than my own life."

There. Maybe now she would believe him.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-19-2014, 09:59 PM

Misha looked at the male, sighing softly. Did all of his words mean something? They obviously came out from his heart, which meant something to him. And that should make them meaningful to her as well. Which, they were.. But Misha knew the reality of lies all to well.

She would get flashes and thoughts of the repeating acts from heartbreak, the voices in her head telling her to not trust another living soul of a being ever again. But, for some reason, she had always felt different with Dayton, from the stomach full of butterflies, to the constant thuddering heart beats. The red brown and ivory woman looked up at the male, her blue grey irises sparkling a bit. "I'm sorry, love," the female said in a soft whisper, beginning to pull away from the male. She gave him one last lick on the nose then stood up, shaking her fur and sending little products of dust flying off into the air.

The small fae known as Misha would stand up and look at him, her face emotionless.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-20-2014, 10:09 AM

He waited anxiously for her to respond. His heart was still trembling in his small chest. Would she believe him? Would his words of love and devotion return that beautiful smile to her face? Dayton stared at Misha with frightened eyes as she seemed to look around. He wished that he could know what the girl was thinking. After a long pause, she glanced up at him and said she was sorry again.

"Please, sweetheart, no more apologies. You have no reason to feel badly." He blushed a bit as she stood, planting a quick kiss on his nose in the process. But the warmth soon left his face as he watched her. Misha shook her coat out, releasing a few little pieces of dirt and pine needles. As her eyes met his, they were blank. Where had that sparkle gone? Such a dull light in those perfect blue eyes was enough to make Dayton's heart drop into the ground. Something wasn't right. He had thought that, due to the sudden onslaught of this panic attack, it would disappear just as quickly. But maybe he had been wrong. After all, the first time this had happened, he hadn't been there to wait for her recovery. The male had found his love days later, and by then she was ready to pounce on him with childlike excitement.

Would she recover from this? He desperately hoped so. His world revolved around that laugh and that smile... Dayton stood as well, unsure of what to say.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-20-2014, 10:28 AM

The small russet and ivory female blinked a few times, her crown pulsing with the pain of a headache. These were natural after her panic attacks, and were probably also a result from the small fae knocking her head against the base of a tree trunk.

Stupid decision, it was for her. It seemed that all of her decisions weren't really working out for her. Not even becoming Dayton's mate. She promised him that she would be there forever, so that she would stay. Even if her mixed emotions gave her second thoughts about the earthen colored male..

Misha turned her blue grey gaze away from Dayton, her head pulsating with more pain as she caught a glimpse of Dayton pushing her to the ground and snarling at her that he hated the fae just like her old mate.

Her faith in him was fading..

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-20-2014, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2014, 10:52 AM by Dayton.)

Dayton wasn't sure what to make of all this. Things had been fine the first time around. Would she be able to cheer up if he left? An odd idea, of course, but still an option. At the same time, leaving Misha alone when she was vulnerable like this didn't seem like a good choice. What if she started banging her head against a tree again? The male could already see the pain she was in, probably from some bruising or a resulting headache. Then the pain in her expression intensified, changed into a burst of fear, and caused the girl to turn away. Dayton froze for a moment and started to move toward her, to comfort her, to do anything. What could he do? Was there anything that could make this better again? What if she didn't want him to touch her? What if she didn't want him to speak?

What if she didn't want him at all anymore?

That seemed fair, didn't it? He didn't deserve her in the first place, why should he deserve her now?

Dayton was broken already. How could someone so damaged help to heal another wounded soul? He couldn't. It wouldn't work. He started to feel the dreadful sting of tears behind his eyes. "Misha, please... you're breaking me..." The pathetic boy broke into a sudden sob, reeling away from his mate and into a tree. He crumpled to the ground and tucked his head beneath his paws. Misha didn't need to see him like this. She didn't need to see him ever again.

"Just tell me what I can do to make you happy again." He pleaded in a ragged whisper. "I'll do anything. Please. Just give me one last smile. I love you so much and I don't deserve you because I can't help you or comfort you or even make you happy and I'm so broken without you..." The words fell over and over, passing his lips like a flood. He couldn't stop them, and he couldn't deny them. Not anymore. She had to know about the storm that was brewing inside.

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-20-2014, 11:08 AM

The small woman sighed and rolled her eyes at Dayton as he began speaking his mind. she was breaking him. But how? She didn't do shit. Now, he just sounded pathetic. Misha watched the small earthen male as he began crying, rushing over to a tree and collapsing under the weight of burdened tears. 'Please Dayton. Just shut the fuck up. You're annoying me,' She thought to herself, but never dared to mouth the words aloud. She whined a bit, feeling bad for him and went over and sat next to him, poking him with her nose. "Dayton, please don't.." she said in a soft whisper, her mood changing from annoyed to loving in a minute.

Dayton

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
04-20-2014, 11:28 AM

The boy remained that way for a long moment, collapsed in a heap like some ridiculous pup. But he couldn't keep the tears from coming. His life was such a mess. Here he had gotten a mate and he couldn't even keep her. The amber eyes, once warm and loving, were cut off from the world as Dayton held his paws over his head. Sobs beat against his body for a few seconds until he was finally able to calm down. Then he felt Misha nudging at him, her warm nose poking at the lump of fur that was Dayton.

The boy pulled his paws slowly away from his eyes, miserably revealing two streaks of tears. The fur beneath his eyes was matted and ruined, and he let out a trembling sigh as she asked for him to stop. "You're right. I'm sorry. I haven't cried since my sister passed away, I don't know why I even..." he sighed again. He hadn't expected that last sentence to find its way into his mouth. But it was true. He hadn't allowed himself to break down for almost a year now, even with all of the terrible things that were happening to him. Of course he was fragile. Tears were bound to flow sometime.

"I'm sorry Misha. You deserve so much better. I can't do anything to comfort you when I'm such a wreck on my own." Trying to lighten the mood, Dayton chuckled a bit and shoved his small body into a sitting position. He leaned forward tentatively and cuddled against the girl, his narrow muzzle pressing into the downy fur of her neck. He breathed shakily against her and moved, trailing kisses along her cheek. By the time he pulled away, his eyes were dry and his soul was locked tightly again. "I'll try to always be strong for you, my love. I promise I'll try. Just promise to give me a smile now and then."

He gave his beautiful mate a tender nudge, winking at her as the last words left his mouth. "How is your head?"

Walk.
"Talk."
Think.

Misha

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
player
04-20-2014, 02:05 PM

Misha let a smile break her expression, her eyes darting to the ground. Her soul still felt emotionless, but she wore a mask of happiness with a smile planted on her face. Of course she only did this for Dayton. For her love. Love does crazy things to one's mind, heart, and soul. Misha was well aquainted with the stomach full of butterflies, and the mixed emotions that love brought you. But she was also well aquainted with the fake feelings that young, fake love could bring..