An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
04-09-2023, 04:23 AM

How long had it been since he'd seen Kiela? By his math, a little over a season. Too long. Too long for Víðarr's liking. He'd resolved it in his mind some time ago, that if he was going to pull his family, his band back together, then he'd ask Kiela to be by his side. Even though he'd made the decision, there was almost a nervousness to him on the subject. Víðarr would understand if she said no. He'd understand it with all of his heart, but the rejection would sting all the same. It was a hurt that he didn't want to prepare for.

Kiela had been on his mind, perhaps more than usual, as he prepared to split from the Stargazers. On each of his daily hunts, he found himself hoping to catch her scent on the breeze, or at least that of the reindeer. Today was no different. As Víðarr focused in on it, he slowed near the pond at the foot of the Falls. His muzzle lifted to the air, body still. Waiting. Hoping. Was she out here?

[Image: bfcOTDt.png]
Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  
Víðarr speaks with a dense Swedish accent.

Kiela

Loner

Expert Intellectual (120)

Master Navigator (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
04-11-2023, 02:58 PM

Kiela had returned to the north, just as she said she would. The spring was easily the most important season for the herd, and she followed as they made their instinctual journey to the northern coast. The winter had not been a particularly brutal one and the spring was proving to be quite mild as well, a blessing for all types of creatures, her caribou no exception. It was the time of year she'd learned to keep more distance from them as they birthed their calves, unwilling to spook them during such a delicate time of growth.

What that left her with was a period of boredom, something that wasn't the least bit unnerving for the ever-patient Jarvela. Though when he heard Víðarr calling for her she couldn't help but feel pleased... and a little bit relieved, too. There was no hesitation as she reacted to his call, picking up her pace until he was within earshot. She let out a happy bark of greeting to him, the barest hint of a smile touching her lips. But her joy at seeing him was obvious, as she barely held back as she loped forward and gave him a light bump to his shoulder with her snout. "I'm glad to see you," she spoke gently, pulling away and looking at him with a gaze brimming with warmth.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

OverachieverUnderachieverRapid Poster - BronzePride - PansexualDouble MasterSamhain 2022
Statue 1 Worship1K
04-18-2023, 09:38 AM

It wasn't long before Víðarr heard her, a bark easily carrying through the trees and echoing off the rocks of the falls itself. His head lifted, gaze bright-- there! An excited, happy call that echoed hers came in return. With his head high and his eyes bright, the shadow moved to meet her half way. Closing the gap between them with long, comfortable strides that seemed to swallow the ground beneath his feet. Víðarr is all warmth as he greets her, shoulder knocking comfortably against hers. "You came," a smile, a soft greeting. He had been hopeful, but it wasn't a sure bet.

"Why is it, only a season feels too long?" A rhetorical question, but their friendship... it means more to him than even Víðarr himself knows. She understands in a way that most do not, and most never will. "How was winter?" It's an open ended question, while Víðarr doesn't pry, he does care. Not only that, it's important that he knows where her head is, especially with a proposal as important as the one he was about to make. The shadow is all warmth as he addresses Kiela, grateful that she's near once more.

"How are you?" It's a gentle question, taking a moment to look her over before looking her in the eye. Checking for injury, and that she'd been eating. A protector, and (as protectors often were) a worrier.

Víðarr has two Karelian bear dogs and a white morph tawny owl.  Assume they're within calling distance unless otherwise stated.  

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - PansexualIce Bridge Explorer
04-18-2023, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2023, 01:15 PM by Kiela. Edited 1 time in total.)

Friends weren't something Kiela tended to have at all, let alone really keep, so Víðarr was quite the exception. She'd connected with him immediately upon meeting him, but each subsequent reunion only furthered her care for the man.  "Does that surprise you?" Kiela retorted, the faintest hint of humor reaching her tones. For a woman always so solemn and composed, Víðarr has a way of making her feel strangely playful. In a way, it's a relationship similar to the ones she'd had with her tribemates, back before she'd come to Boreas, the wolves she'd grown up around. He's an equal, and around him she can truly be herself and let down her guard in a way she hasn't since she was a child.

"You are right, it does feel too long. You always know where to find me though," Kiela reminded him gently. Find the caribou and she would never be far away, but she was well aware that he had his own life to live and his path often led him far away from her. She could accept that, but she'd be no less thankful when their paths crossed again.

"Winter was well, but I'm glad it's over. How did it treat you?" Maderakka, the mother of life, had been kind to her and her herd these last few seasons. She was hopeful that spring had just as much goodness in store for the world. Kiela hoped life had been just as kind to Víðarr. "I've been well," she started, noting the way his gaze roved over her, searching for signs that she might be unwell.  "The worst that has happened to me is a sprained paw, but that was weeks ago. I hope you've been well, too?" If that was the worst that had happened recently she'd consider herself blessed. The life of a loner was often not a pretty one and she was well aware of that.

Víðarr

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
wicked

Statue 1 Worship1K
05-11-2023, 06:56 PM

Their relationship is uncomplicated. Each time Víðarr sees her, there's some undeniable, unexplainable comfort that washes over him. That leads him to feel more complete, more whole. Something about her that just... he is at peace when she is here. A reminder of home in the best ways, not the worst. Kindred spirits. "I am glad that you did." Surprise, maybe yes. Maybe in a good way, the best way possible. The warmth is borderline palpable.

"I am grateful that the herds are usually easy enough to track." His smile is gentle, it doesn't falter. She seems well, though makes the admission of a sprain. His brow creases for a moment, tipping his head downward to take a look. Not that Víðarr would really know how to treat it, but he'd be able to see swelling at the least. Satisfied there was none. "Well enough, actually, that is the reason I came looking for you." There's a light, a glimmer to his gaze as he speaks.

"Kiela, I am starting my own band. I wanted to ask if you would join me." There's hope here. It's a weighted question, one that he asks in earnest. Gentle eyes on the woman's face, Víðarr asks in earnest. His heart tender in his chest... would she be on board?

Kiela

Loner

Master Navigator (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

06-01-2023, 08:12 AM

Uncomplicated was a good word for their friendship. For Kiela, though, everything is largely uncomplicated. She's perpetually chosen a simple life and she knows she'll keep choosing it, no matter what. She nodded in agreement to his words, glad that they came together more often than not, and glad that if Víðarr wanted to find her she wasn't a difficult one to search down.

She let out a small laugh as he moved to look at her formerly-sprained paw. His concern was strangely endearing, and appreciated. Knowing there's someone out there who'd worry for her is comforting in a way that surprises her. Not that she'd ever take advantage of that care even if she needed to, but knowing it's there is enough for her.

His question was surprising, and she fell silent for a long moment. As a free spirit, joining anyone in a more permanent way hasn't been something she's considered since she was a child. She trusted her friend to not ask her anything outside of what she could promise him though; he knew she was independent and knew she would never follow anyone blindly. But loyalty she could offer, within reason.

"Of course I'll join you," she said finally.  "As long as you understand the freedom I need, to tend to my herd," Kiela explained softly. She didn't doubt that Víðarr knew that but she wanted to reiterate it. Her loyalty to the herd would always come before anything else, though she had no reason to believe the two things couldn't coexist very happily, even productively.