size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Fig
05-03-2023, 08:34 PM

Du blir løyst frå banda som bind deg.

Dandi had seen mushrooms of all kinds in the past, but none quite like this.  It was exactly this fact that led her deeper and deeper into the cavern despite having promised Freydís she'd stay put near the mouth of the cave while the fae went off to scout the surrounding land.  She'd originally intended to stick to the plan, of course, but having succumbed to boredom the calico coated canine started inching little by little into the tempting shelter, squinting to see what, if anything, laid hidden within.  Eventually she could have sworn she saw a glow, and it was game over from there.  Whoopsie-daisies.  

"Where do you come from..?"  She cooed lovingly at the mysterious fungi, eyelevel with them but not so much that she'd ran risk of one coming into contact with her mouth.  She was curious, not stupid.  

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Du er løyst frå banda som batt deg.

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (200)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
05-04-2023, 06:54 AM
Kaija had been to this place once before, and coming back felt weirdly cathartic. She hadn't visited these lands for a long time, pretty much since she was a kid, and while she hadn't necessarily been avoiding being reminded of her early life it wasn't like she'd really welcomed it either. Though she tried not to dwell on the past much she often found herself thinking about her mom and dad and her siblings. She knew Arne and Fidelias were still around, but lately she found herself thinking of them more and more. Maybe she'd run into them one of these days.

As soon as she passed by the cave's entrance she remembered exactly where it led. This was one of the first times she'd really gone off on her own and she'd gotten scolded for it, but her first taste of real and true freedom had been wildly addicting. Reminiscing about that trip, she slowly made her way down into the cavern, slowing as the glow of the mushrooms began to emanate from deeper within. She barely noticed that she wasn't the only one in here until it was too late to ignore the stranger. Kaija slowed when she drew closer, giving a little tilt of her head. "Place is pretty cool, ain't it?"

Verdandi

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Heavy
player
Fig
06-11-2023, 09:05 AM

Du blir løyst frå banda som bind deg.

Dandi had heard the sounds of approaching footsteps.  At first she thought that perhaps her travelling companion had finally sniffed her out, though that quickly got pushed aside as she next noted the footsteps appeared a tad too heavy for Freydis.  Not wanting to assume the worst of whoever had been making their way towards her the fae didn't exactly prepare herself for battle, though she was no fool either.  She'd keep her guard up a tad for reasons concerning her own safety.

Finally the stranger approached enough for both of them to really notice each other, and Verdandi was pleased to note that the stranger seemed much less interested in herself and more interested in the strange location for which they currently resided.  "I've never seen anything like it before..."  She spoke honestly, tentatively allowing her gaze to focus back on the strange specimens that surrounded them.  "What makes them glow like this, I wonder."

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Du er løyst frå banda som batt deg.

Kaija

Obscura
Prisoner

Expert Navigator (200)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Nyx

Critical Attack!OverachieverSamhain 2022Statue 2 WorshipUnderachieverAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Lighting McQueen1KPride - Pansexual
06-12-2023, 09:08 AM
Maybe it'd do her some good to be more wary of the wolves she encountered. Kaija wasn't dumb nor oblivious, but she tended to be fairly lackadaisical when it came to meeting new wolves. If they proved to be a threat she'd adjust accordingly, but until then she'd be her normal carefree self. "Yeah, I haven't seen any place like this before, and I was born around these parts," she admitted freely, not one to be overly guarded when it came to information sharing. She wondered for a moment if the smaller wolf was new to these parts or if she just hadn't found her way in here before - either option sounded plausible.

"I think they might be poisonous, but I'unno. Not willing to test it myself," she said with a soft snort of laughter. "Name's Kaija, by the way. Kaija Jarvela." Usually she didn't introduce herself with her surname but maybe there was a chance this woman had met one of her siblings before, so she figured it was worth a shot.