gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

05-09-2023, 01:14 PM

He had sat away from the others long enough. Outside of mandatory things and passing by in patrols and the market, Grimoire mostly kept to himself. He often worked alone and spent time alone. He knew the members of the pack just about as well as he knew how to heal...and he absolutely knew nothing about healing. Putting names to faces wasn't exactly something he could say he could do. He knew their faces in passing, but even with the number of wolves in the pack, Grim still felt entirely alone. He had tried once to ask Azure about finding a position for him, but Grim had suddenly felt like he couldn't ask. Or shouldn't. He wasn't sure what the problem was with himself, but he didn't want to sit where he was and feel like he didn't have a purpose. The raid had shown him he needed to do better. To be better. But he was struggling to find himself. To find what his calling might be. His parents had passed away too soon...though he knew his father had drive even without a pack, why was he finding it so hard for himself?

Sighing, he figured the best way was to bring his concerns to none other than the wolf who had offered him a place among them. He didn't want to feel this way anymore but had no damn clue how to fix it. Heading down toward the market area, he hoped to run into Sirius...the last thing he wanted to do was call the Warlord and potentially distract him from whatever might be more important.

"Grimoire

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-16-2023, 04:46 PM
The Warlord completed his patrols through the forest, and made his way back into the Col. He grabbed a small bite to eat, chewing as he walked through the grassy fields across the heart of the pack. His children were starting to reach for their ranks now, and assessing them was foremost on his mind. He wanted to help them find a place where they felt like they could belong, where they would blossom.

He ducked into the market where his grandson was on patrol. He nodded to the tallest darn brute he had ever met as he passed Basilisk. Running a patrol through the area, with the intention of heading out to the beach territory last. That was the quietest front for the Armada, but it would not do to neglect it.

Before he could pass out of the market, he saw Grimore making his way through the marketplace as well. As their eyes connected he saw recognition in the other wolfs eyes, and felt that he had been ‘found’ he slowed his pace so Grimoire could catch up with him and speak whatever was on his mind.

"Speech"

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-22-2023, 06:27 PM

It wouldn't take long for the earthen male to find who he was looking for. Sirius happened to be passing through and when Sirius looked at him, Grim swore he saw recognition there and Sirius slowed his pace. Taking that as his cue, Grim hurried to match pace with the Warlord, amber gaze falling to the ground for a brief moment before deciding to speak up. "Sirius, I have some...concerns...that I'd like to speak to you about," He cleared his throat, unsure as to how to proceed, but he figured it was best to just spit it out and get on with it. Grim wasn't really one to beat around the bush. He was straightforward with things, and this was one such matter he didn't want to balk on anymore. "I am not content with my position in the pack. Granted it's mostly my doing...I won't lie, I've been struggling to integrate myself better into the pack. Beyond patrols and the duties I have, I don't really know anyone in Armada, let alone what my purpose is. I want to be in a better rank, so...can you help me with that...?" He'd do whatever he had to do to get better and be better, he just wasn't sure how to start.

"Grimoire

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-22-2023, 07:08 PM
Walking at a pace that was comfortable for prolonged conversations, he kept his head angled towards the other wolf, listening as Grimoire spoke. He had been correct, Grim had sought him out. “Of course, Grimoire, go ahead” he invited as the other wolf spoke of concerns.

It was quickly clear what Grim was concerned about, and the Warlord’s eyes lightened in approval. Good. He was pleased to see Grimoire reaching forward. “In order to help you, it would be best if I understood where your main interests lie. I know you can hunt, and fight. Do you have a preference of the two? Or would you rather learn a different skill entirely?” He asked, leading the way slowly out of the Marketplace and into the heart of the pack. If he knew what Grim wanted, then he would be able to set him up better within the pack. Send him to wolves who share his interest, so he could grow within the pack.

"Speech"

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-22-2023, 07:45 PM

To his relief, Sirius heard him out and let him say his piece. He wanted to know what his interests were, and truth be told, Grimoire hadn't really thought about that. He spent a lot of time in his room, sure. But also spent an equal amount of time out in the wilds hunting and making all sorts of different traps, crafting things out of animal hides, and making use of every part he could. He could fight, yes. And he could probably be good at it if he honed those skills more, too. But he wasn't really one to go out of his way to pick fights whenever and wherever he could, either.

"I...suppose hunting is something I'm better at and pretty comfortable with. I'm a pretty good tracker, and have been very successful in that field." Was that a brag? Not intentionally. He was good at what he did, and he was being honest about it. "Clearly I do pretty well just...blending into the background." He half-grinned, an embarrassed bit of laughter slipping past. Terrible joke, but a truth nonethless. "I guess I sort of take after my dad in some form. He was blind, but he was good at being blind..." Did that make sense? He furrowed his brows as he continued. "He could do everything a seeing wolf could, but nobody suspected him. He blended in pretty well." He'd seen his dad infiltrate other packs a time or two, and played the part of a senile blind man pretty well before he died.

"Grimoire

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-22-2023, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 05:04 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)
Well, that was interesting. He hadn’t known that Grimoire’s father had been blind. That, coupled with his interest in hunting and his clear mention of not intricating himself very well into the pack sparked an idea. “Very well, then I grant you the rank of Stalker - our primary hunters. For your first task as a hunter, will you take my daughter Kyanite on a hunt? She’s still learning to hunt, and her day-blindness hinders her greatly. I suspect you might know some tricks to help her” He suggested. Which would also help encourage Grim to meet his pack mates.

With the other wolf making a clear effort, the Warlord felt compelled to reward this initiative, and to encourage it in the future. “I recently caught a Booted Hawk. The birds eye view would help on a hunt, I will gift him to you” He decided, leading the way to where the bird had been kept, hooded while he had been trained.

"Speech"

Grimoire

Armada
Missing

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod

06-30-2023, 11:36 PM

He was...surprised, to say the least, when Sirius granted him a rank then and there. It showed in the way he lifted his head, his posture, and the surprise in his eyes. He hadn't expected it so quickly. On top of that, he even asked him to take his daughter hunting. She was...blind? Or at least, sort of from what it sounded like. He had learned a lot in the short time he was with his father. Watched his old man hunt and do the tasks that any seeing wolf could do. Of course, the jaguars that were always with Dragon were a huge help, but even without them, Grimoire had always been surprised by his father's accomplishments. "I, er, yes, of course!"

He was even more stunned when Sirius said he was gifting him a hawk that he had found to help him. It was all so sudden, and he wasn't sure how to respond, but he was too stunned to speak for a few heartbeats. "I-Sirius, thank you! A-are you sure?" He wasn't sure he could express his gratitude enough, but regardless, the introverted wolf followed after Sirius to meet his new companion.

"Grimoire

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-07-2023, 05:08 PM
“Excellent, thank you Grimoire” he said as the tawny wolf agreed. Any help for Kyanite would be a good thing. His ornery blind child struggled with a lot of things in life. He tried to find the balance of both helping her, and giving her the space to learn.

“I am sure, a bird would be an asset for a hunter, and you are now a hunter of my pack” He pointed out warmly, nudging the horned wolf gently. “I’m glad to see you stepping up” He added in gently. He led Grimoire then towards the cave where the bird was waiting. He whistled and pulled the hood off the bird's head, encouraging the creature to hop to Grim’s back with a small morsel of meat. “I’ll leave the task of naming him to you”

"Speech"