gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
04-18-2014, 09:43 AM

The prince had grown to be more free with more of a wanderlust than he had ever had before. He had a desire to learn everything and anything unlike some of his siblings. His particular interests had always been to watch the healers at work collecting herbs and treating things. That was what he was setting out to do that day too. The multicolored and odd marked prince rushed off towards where he knew Elsa's stores to be. He wanted a lesson! He wouldn't be gone for long and he was sure that his mom wouldn't mind as it was purely an educational visit. He had no idea that Elsa was pregnant and so when he arrived at her cave to see her sleeping he was shocked. She was always bustling about and it was in the afternoon. Kass pushed towards the female as he tilted his head to the side. He gave her a soft poke with his front paw and sat down on his rump. "Elsa?" He cooed in a soft voice filled with wonder and curiosity.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
04-18-2014, 09:49 AM

Elsa had honestly tried not to become indolent as of late but with the morning sickness and everything else combined onto her duties and spending time with Hajime, she often found herself taking mid-afternoon naps that would last for perhaps two or three hours. It was alright if she didn't need anything and wasn't needed for some emergency. She stirred as her eyes blinked open to see the young Ebony prince sitting before her, calling out her name shyly and she pushed herself up with a smile. "How can I help you Prince Kassander?" She yawned as she pushed herself up into a sitting position. How long had she been asleep? Five minutes? Two hours? It didn't matter because she was up now.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
04-18-2014, 10:02 AM

The ebony Sola Knight pushed up and Kass almost felt like he had done something wrong. She looked exhausted and then she asked what she could do for him and he cleared his throat, an unsure look on his face. "I was wondering if you could teach me about healing and herbs." He asked softly with that unsure yet eager look in his eyes. He hoped that she said yes because he loved learning and it would be more things to tell his mother about. He had sought out Elsa because he knew that she was a good friend of his mother and he knew that he could trust her to teach him what he needed. His tail wagged and dragged against the dirt and rocky floor. He drew a deep breathe and held it, hoping desperately that she would say yes. He wanted to learn and that was all. Perhaps when he was older he could be a Sola Knight too!

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
04-18-2014, 10:09 AM

The words from the young prince surprised her greatly. He had sought her out, probably against his mother's knowledge, to learn from her what she was dying to teach. The art of healing was beautiful and the young prince seemed to understand that and so she nodded her head. "I'd love to teach you Prince Kassander. First we could learn about identifying different herbs and their uses and then more about what to use and when." She suggested to the prince, hoping he agreed as she went to her stores to take a few herbs as examples. She grabbed a stalk of lavender, blueberries and some ergot as well.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
04-18-2014, 10:33 AM

Kass held a giant smile as Elsa started to talk about what he was going to learn and he was thrilled that he would be learning a lot that day. She brought out three plants from the stores and he looked at them, sniffing them and analyzing them. "They smell funny." He observed as he looked to Elsa for some sort of explanation as to what they were and what they were used for. He noticed the lavender and he smelled that one again, it seemed to calm his eager mind and he smiled knowing what it was for. "This purple one, is it to calm nerves?" He asked with curiosity as he moved it back and forth with his paws.

"Talk" "You" Think

Elsa

gems
size
build
player
04-18-2014, 12:37 PM

A soft smile emerged on her muzzle as he sniffed them and asked about the lavender. "Very good young prince. This purple stalk is called lavender and it can be used to calm the nerves of a wolf. This grain-looking stalk is called ergot and it is used to keep infection out of wounds.While medicinal in being able to treat migraine headaches and control bleeding, and keep out infection, those who ingest ergot-contaminated grains may experience severe burning sensations in their limbs as it restricts blood circulation." She started to explain carefully before moving on to the final herb that she pulled out. "There are blueberries and blueberries are very special. They have something in them that can suppress swelling in brain injuries and save lives. They also have a neuroprotective reagent in them to help protect the nerves." She explained all that her mother had taught her of those herbs.

"normal.
talk.
think.
you"

Kassander

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Tealah
05-03-2014, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM by Kassander.)

The boy gave a proud smile as Elsa told him that he was correct in the fact of what lavender was used for. He examined it and memorized its name and what it was used for as best as he could. "When I sniffed it it just kinda made me relax so that was what I thought it was for." He explained his reasoning as he listened to her explain what the others were. Ergot. Blueberries? Who would have thought that the delicious fruit would be so lifesaving. "How long does it take for the blueberries to take effect?" He asked curiously.

The boy took a note of what they looked like so she could determine once more what they were when he was out looking for them later on. "What else ya got?" He asked eagerly as he gazed at her, hoping for an answer.

"Talk" "You" Think