Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Rapid Poster - GoldHomebodyTeacherBest BudsDouble Master1K
Samhain 2022
05-29-2023, 03:36 PM

It wasn’t until the slow rising tide washed over his face, did he awake with a start. Picking up his head, he set into a coughing sneezing fit to expel the seawater that went up his nose. As he stirred, he could feel the grit of sand entangled in his fur- the clumps of wet sand falling back to the ground as he tried to figure out which way was up and which was down. Through narrowed and blurry eyes, his vision reeled as he tried to make sense of what he was seeing. He was on the beach, yes. But not Obsidian Beach. The longer he stared out over the ocean, the more he was convinced that he was actually seeing trees that had cropped up and out of the surf. He blinked a few times in rapid procession in an effort to regain some semblance of control- but it was then he was struck with a violent pain in the back of his head. With a sharp inhale, Aresenn staggered to his feet. It took him a couple of attempts, but he eventually made it upright … only to sit back down again when his own drunken weight became too much for himself to support. The Praetor boy took a paw to his forehead to apply pressure- trying to force the headache out of his skull. And while it did little to relieve the sensation of his head cracking open … at least it did something. As he looked down, he saw not one, but two empty bottles from the alcohol stores back from Pirates Plunder … and then it slowly started coming back to him- what kind of a night he had had, to end him up in such a state.

The hangover he now was plagued with was his payment for drinking enough to black out- not that he really cared what he had been responsible for at a time he couldn’t remember.  Once he finally felt like he wasn’t spinning any longer, he attempted another glance up. The young brute wasn’t certain how he had come to a beach with trees on it … he’d never been here before. The question was, what was he to do now? The nausea that rolled in his gut convinced him that breakfast probably wasn’t a good idea yet, not that he was sure he could catch something if his life depended on it. As he looked around, he noticed a particularly large tree a little further inland that cast a fairly large shadow. Maybe getting out of the sun would help his mind clear. So on limbs that didn’t quite feel like his own just yet, Aresenn stumbled to the shade of that nearby tree, allowing himself to collapse against its trunk as he made an effort to formulate a plan as to what his day was going to look like.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

"I'll be a good Girl in Hell"

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

Master Intellectual (375)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
05-30-2023, 02:20 PM
Absinth was not one to find wonder in all things, she didn’t offer more than a simple - That’s interesting. - to most things she came to see in her life. Maybe when she was a pup? She couldn't remember those times anyways, What did it matter? Well it mattered because while she was observing the strange trees growing out from the ocean itself, there came a sound out of her line of sight. A hacking, sneezing situation on the beach a few meters to her right. Her fur wouldn’t do much to help hide her in the greenery, but she needn’t worry anyways. The sounds had originated from yet another colorful soul like the fair Talyssa. A boy bigger than her who could not seem to get his bearings, or perhaps he never learned to walk right anyways. What a shame. She could not see his face properly with his paw in the way but his pelt was something to marvel at indeed. Absinth peered from the foliage and watched some more and he struggled. It was an amusing sight, though she could not understand why he was in such a state. A rotten brain, maybe. A mental laugh she refrained from rolling off her tongue. Keeping still and low she hoped to go unnoticed as he walked up to a tree still a few feet away from her where he essentially collapsed. Not much trouble to be had there, she grinned, rather amused still and so very curious. Why not torment the poor thing with her curiosity as well?

“Shall I call the crows to scavenge your sorry pelt?” Absinth’s crude voice carried strong, much stronger than it had been in her encounter with Goldie. She stepped forward into his line of sight with a smile most unbecoming of a young lady. “What’s wrong with you, a bad brain?” She stopped a fair distance away from the young brute, waiting to see his reaction and wondering if he could even fend off her snide comments let alone an actual attack. “That’s a shame, you’ve got a nice pelt there, actually, can I have it if you die?” She tilted her morbid little head, not truly knowing about alcohol - and certain that if she were to engage in an actual fight she could escape.. but if she were caught even in his poor state she would be very unlucky. So, she kept a proper amount of caution, watching for his next move. Though she could not help poking some amount of fun at him regardless of any danger she might find.

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

Master Intellectual (244)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-02-2023, 12:39 PM

With each wave of throbbing pain in his head, he couldn't help but clench his eyes shut a little bit tighter. Though, much to his pleasant surprise, the shade of the beech tree did help provide some relief. With a paw pressed to his head- tracing small circles over his temple- Aresenn silently began to contemplate how he was going to retrace steps he didn't remember taking. He was so distracted by his own inner musings, the approach of a stranger went unnoticed- or at least until she announced herself with a dry-humored barb at his expense. While he wouldn't withdraw the paw he had since rooted firmly to his forehead above his eye, he'd adjust it to the side a bit so he could get a look at the girl who had approached him. If he had the energy to banter with her, he would have. But instead, he put his paw back in place before shutting his eyes once more- making it obvious that he wasn't interested in trouble even if she was. "I’ll trust your judgement." He answered flatly in a tone that was only mildly exasperated.

As the girl circled around, he could hear her footfalls shift in the sand. If he were in the mood to argue, he would accuse her of being a scavenger herself. However, the energy to do so evaded him. When she asked what was wrong, her concern didn't seem too genuine.  So he'd leave it with as short of a response as he got in an inquiry. "You could say that." Aresenn responded with a snort as he took another opportunity to look her over. "Though, I'm sure someone would stake the claim it was never good to begin with." The Praetor boy finished while maintianing a blank expression, but if one listened closeley, there might be some of his own humor burried beneath his words.

Though, as she went on indicating his hide would be a waste as crowfood, that earned an airy chuckle. "It would be an honor- just make sure I really am dead before you start harvesting. Walking around without skin doesn’t seem too pleasant." He mused, sure that if she ever did go to take his pelt, he wouldn't have to worry about living too much longer if he was dead when she started or not. Oh, the fun of morbid satire. Though he didn't linger on that particular line of thought for much longer- as he was interrupted by another violent, stabbing sensation behind his eyes. Visually recoiling in pain, he clench his teeth with a sharp inhale before grumbling. "But you could have this head if it doesn’t stop throbbing." As the words rolled off his tongue, even Aresenn wasn't certain if he was joking or not.

"Aresenn Praetor"

*psssst* Hover over the image to make it go opaque.

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
06-08-2023, 03:34 PM
It was obvious from the get-go that this boy wasn’t going to take her comments to heart, which made her wonder what would push a button. It wasn’t about being a nuisance or anything of the like, it was more of a.. Desire to observe new ‘things’. She didn’t linger on that train of thought though, she couldn’t help her tongue but a fight was not something she actively sought out. She approached him to see what would happen and perhaps even learn something about these lands from his decaying brain. The monochromatic girl took a seat with her eyes trained on him, watching his little bouts of pain with interest. He didn’t seem truly worried about his cerebrum so it was easy to assume his condition was due to some regrettable action or injury.

Absinth grew hopeful at his weak banter, in some sense of the word, that she had found someone she could actually talk to like they were not an alien. Or a princess. The only problem is his head is trying to debilitate him, she snorted to herself. “Mm, I’ve wondered that about myself. Though not nearly to your extent it seems.” She peered down at him from her relaxed position - indifferent eyes a stark contrast to the smile making her lips quiver. What was this expression she was making? She didn’t know but it was what she could manage at the moment. She was never good at portraying the right things on her face, like it was some wire that got scrambled with another one in her brain. Haha. Lots of thinking about brains. What was he saying? “-make sure I really am dead before you start harvesting. Walking around without skin doesn’t seem too pleasant.”

“That’s how traitors are treated back home, because they don’t need their treasonous hides… get it?” Absinth raised her eyebrows as she spoke her retort to his unwillingness to go about life without his skin. A tilt in her neck trying to imagine what sorts of decorations could be made of that pretty fur. In the end she decided on a sort of coat-scarf number. Well it was fun to imagine but she wasn’t some insane sicko, she’d have to find a different coat that wouldn’t involve murder - unless they deserved it - she supposed.

Absinth’s amusement grew when he offered his skull and that delight spread to her maw. “Only if you’ve got something interesting in there, I get bored.” The girl crowed with her teeth fully showing past her lips. She hadn’t the energy to speak with Talyssa like this before, otherwise she wondered if the other girl would have helped her at all. She never would have invited Absinth to her pack, that's for sure.
wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
06-11-2023, 08:32 PM

As the girl snorted in amusement at his hungover musings, he’d take a moment to allow his eyes to close for a moment- his swiveling vision wasn’t exactly helping his cause. “Then it sounds like you have a ways to go if you want to compete with me.” Aresenn answered with a dry-humored sigh. He was certain that there were a number of wolves out there that would describe him as lacking in the department of brains. “Though, I’m not sure self-depreciation is a contest you’d want to win.” The Praetor boy continued, peeking up at her with only one eye.

She had an interesting response to his quip about waiting until he was dead before taking his skin. The girl described that flaying was the punishment for treason where she was from. He tried to imagine anyone in the pirates executing someone in that particular method … and it was laughable at best. It wasn’t that he believed no one would come up with it as a punishment. But he thought the lot of them lacked the commitment to see it through. Aresenn snorted at the thought. “Well, to whoever calls the shots back home, I admire that they at least have a sense of humor.” He answered dryly. Looking her over, obsidian and ivory fur tangling in the wind, he’d move on to make his own observation. “Though I see, you either must not be a traitor, or you have the wherewithal to escape- treasonous hide intact.” The boy remarked as his expression was threatened with a smirk. “Are you from around here?” He hadn’t ever heard of a group participating in discipline as intense as what she described, though he supposed it was within the realm of possibilities.

When it came to offering the contents of his throbbing skull, she expressed interest only if there was something that could be considered entertaining. “Afraid not.” He responded flatly, as his mind reeled through vague images of the time leading up to the awakening on the beach. It seemed as if his memories were slowly beginning to become more real. He distinctly remembered grabbing the alcohol … though he wasn’t entirely certain why. He felt that it had been out of anger. Frustration maybe? He didn’t think there had been a confrontation. An announcement maybe? Then it came flooding back. Sparrow had spiraled into her own grief, and Gil had staked a claim on the pack. “Shit.” He murmured to himself, momentarily losing himself to his mind over the girl that stood before him. He had walked out. He hadn’t been interested in following Gil into whatever lot he wanted to morph Pirates Plunder into … so, he was on his own now. Two empty bottles, and whoever this girl was. Great.

"Aresenn Praetor"

*psssst* Hover over the image to make it go opaque.

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

07-14-2023, 10:05 AM
Absinth snorted at his comment about self-depreciation. She herself had a fair bit of confidence so she wasn't going to win anything involving making digs at herself. She merely let the topic of his bad brain dissipate into an idea for a future nickname. Even if she never met this boy again she'd remember him as the Rot Brain with the pretty fur. Haha. She grinned widely, eyes coming back from her thoughts as she focused on his new dialogue.

She did wonder who was in charge now back home while she had been away. It had been a few weeks since she left, and only a few days since she had crossed the ocean. A lot can change in a matter of hours let alone a month, give or take. Opportunism was heavily abundant in her homeland as well, so there was no doubt the hierarchy would have had a wrench thrown into it by now. "Yes, It's quite funny. Well, to everyone but the traitor of course." Absinth would know first hand, being much more curious as a child when she'd venture to the place they made the skinless creatures oozing blood and agony walk for all to see their shame. "The leader would make them walk the territory after their skin was stripped away, to parade them about, then if they survived the walk - which rarely they ever did- they had the chance to have their flesh cauterized by fire to have a sliver of hope at surviving and being forgiven. I don't know if any ever have, it's been a long standing punishment, ritual, whatever since long before I or even my mother were born." She granted him more detail into the home she came from and its brutality. Craning her head down to use her teeth and itch a spot on her foreleg. "Ah, what an eye you have. Escapee, runaway, those fit me just fine." Her skull raised back up to look him in the eyes and attempt to read his reaction to her words, searching for indifference or interest mostly. "No. My homeland is somewhere across that fucking ocean. My bones still feel waterlogged." She recalled the exhaustion from fighting just to keep her head above water and the waves that pushed and pulled constantly. And again Goldie.

"What a shame." She feigned sorrow, drawling her response out with a sigh. She needed some kind of direction for her next steps in this new life, and she had been hoping something would figuratively throw itself at her feet. Absinth heard him mutter something and tilted her monochromatic head in expectation. Some kind of new brain rot symptom perhaps?

wormwood

m o o d b o a r d 

Aresenn

The Syndicate
Emir

Master Fighter (250)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Indie

Samhain 2022
08-14-2023, 05:02 PM

When the girl concurred with the humor of situational irony, it could have gone without saying that the traitor often times failed to get any entertainment value. “I could imagine.” The Praetor boy echoed. He was certain the individual receiving such punishment was subjected to more than just a tickle. What he was not prepared for, was the vivid detail he was provided in describing such a trial. He didn’t have a weak stomach by any means, though as his mind vaguely imagined what it would be like to have his skin ripped off and walked through fire, he couldn’t ignore the tingle of the false sensation in his limbs. “Hmm … Well. I would think that’s a pretty effective way of dissuading treason.” Aresenn answered after she finished her tangent. It was an intimidation tactic that would certainly make him think twice.

When she announced herself as an escapee, he couldn’t help the slight tilt to his head. Gee, he wondered why anyone would want to leave that tyranny? Though, was running away not considered treason? Would she face a different punishment if she was caught or returned? “Runaway, huh? What’s the punishment for that? Do you suspect someone is hunting you?” He wouldn’t think that it was worth her pack’s time crossing an ocean to retrieve a single adolescent girl … but maybe it was a punishment worth crossing an ocean to avoid.

As she implied her distaste to his sub-par brain, he was quick to offer affirmation. “It certainly is.” Though he answered, his attention was waning. As the events of the previous day slowly began to return to him, it became more clear why he was alone and where he had been going. As he fought to collect himself, Aresenn made an uncoordinated attempt to get himself back on his paws. It wasn’t easy, but the task was accomplished. Blinking past his throbbing head, he returned his attention to the monochromatic fae once more. “Not that I don’t thoroughly enjoy hearing about the atrocities from across the ocean- trust me, I do. I have ground to cover.” The larger brute announced. “I’m set to meet up with a friend- one that you might appreciate in a sense. It sounds like you and Sephiran come from similar crowds …” Aresenn trailed off in a disoriented ramble, though he eventually did cut himself off. “-but that’s beside the point. Anyways, I’m traveling north. Not sure where you intend on going- nor do I guess I really care. Though, if you’re looking for anything specific, I can point you in the right direction.” Which would have likely been true on a normal day, but something about the sway stance might have made him seem less believable. At least the intent was genuine.

"Aresenn Praetor"

Absinth

The Syndicate
Katil

Master Fighter (405)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

08-15-2023, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2023, 04:16 PM by Absinth. Edited 1 time in total.)

It not only dissuaded treason but it also kept followers in a constant state of all-consuming fear for the leader of the pack and the other high rankers. Respect was fine and all- you could be entirely benevolent with strength to match and have a hoard of those loyal to you… or you can be a horribly violent individual who’s shadow itself elicits the.. Inclination to obey. Absinth rumbled an agreement to his statement in the end, her eyes beginning to peer off into the distance for anything interesting. That was, until he brought up a very insightful question. Haha. A very good question.

Her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth. “Assuming the capture itself doesn’t kill me, you know, ‘dead or alive’ - I would be lumped in with other more… petty crimes and face a trial by combat. Have you ever heard of gladiators? Think of it as putting all sorts of criminals in an arena and letting them fight each other for survival- the winner gets to live.  It’s all really for entertainment value. As for if they would even put the effort in to hunt me down… well, I guess I’ll know if it ever happens. I made sure to put a great distance between me and them. I’d wager I’m not a high priority. I’m a bastard born to a whore and one of our maddest kings, but bloodlines alone mean little.” Absinth shrugged her response in a drawling tone, not really concerned about it to be honest. She could die any time, any day, there was no point in fearing something she had actually gone and escaped - more of an accomplishment than most ever contemplated. She wanted to survive, make no mistake about that, but she would not live in fear. That would defeat her entire purpose of getting this far.

As their conversation of crimes and punishments ended the brute announced his plans to depart with a shaky rise to his paws and some babbled words. Absinth tilted her head at his comparison of herself and this friend he was supposed to meet soon. North. Why not. She rose to her own feet. “Mm. I wouldn't trust a word of direction out of your mouth in your current state. You might just take a stumbling stroll into the ocean.” Absinth cackled with mirth stepping past him as though she was going to lead the way, “Tell me about your friend from a similar crowd. It’s just as you’ve said, I am not looking for anything specific, just a direction for my new runaway life.” She wondered if he would accommodate her request for information and company- it wasn’t so much that she thought his friend would be interesting… but maybe this was another butterfly effect she had to seize before it passed her by. She turned to meet his gaze and waited for his rejection or compliance.”Humor me. Oh. And it’s Absinth. My name.” She only just realized their entire encounter they had not exchanged names, and she couldn't keep calling him brain rot.
[EXIT ABSI]
wormwood

m o o d b o a r d