ardent

Talk the talk, walk the walk

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2014, 04:41 PM

Ebony had been a bust, the wolves to meager to be called allies. The brute had made that clear when he took offense to her way of speaking. She didn't mind, there were several packs she still had to check out. One in particular was at the top of her list. Glaciem. She remained how the Ice King had so brutally maimed his own son, and the father of her children. Glaciem had also won the war against Valhalla, nearly wiping out the pack.

This powerful allure brought the woman to the North, far away from her home and out of her comfortable temperatures. The stench of the pack was overwhelming, it brought her behemoth form to a halt at the borders edge. She took a moment to look around, she knew Glaciem was large, and had vast territory to accommodate everyone.

Silver crown would tip back, a call flowing easily from her jaws. She had never officially met anyone from Glaciem, aside from Taurig. She had no idea if the Ice King still ruled or what the status was on the pack. The woman would wait quietly, audits at attention, listening for sound of another approaching. It had been exhausting searching for allies, traveling so far from home, she wasn't willing to strike out again.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2014, 06:32 PM

The blue-cloaked Queen rarely spent any time at all in the pines anymore, but something had drawn her here this morning. It had been a few days since Etern had begun the spar training with the youths, and had been nearly a week or more since the pack meeting she'd held. She had half a mind to think that Isardis would likely be furious with her for letting so many wolves go, but of what use were they if they didn't want to be here? Hadn't they learned that when they had taken those Valhallan-allied wolves prisoner? She would have to come up with a valid argument for what she'd done, but ultimately she would have to rely on his love for her to keep his temper at bay. She only hoped that would be enough.

A call rang out, nearly startling her due to how close it was in proximity to her location. Ears shifted toward the source as her legs took up a bouncing and confident trot. Head and tail lifted high with pride as she neared the silver woman. ?You stand on the Northern border of Glaciem, and you address its' Queen - Sendoa Armada.? It was best the stranger knew whom she was dealing with right off the bat. Tail slacked slightly as she stood before the woman, interested in what had brought her here.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2014, 06:47 PM

Much to her surprise, she would not wait long. A blue woman approaching at a steady trot, her movements fluid and confident. The woman wasted no time in introducing herself and stating her place within the pack. A small would lift dark lips, her stance nearly mirroring the woman's as she took her turn to speak. "Its a pleasure to meet you dear. I am Queen of Elysium, Cataleya, and I come seeking possible allies." She would get right to the point, no need to beat around the bush when this Queen clearly wasn't going to.

"I know little of Glaciem, only that its King, if he still rules that is, has a rather ruthless temper and a thing for women." A low chuckle would roll off her tongue as her mind drifted to Taurig and what had become of him. His own father had brought the titan to his knees. It was not her intention to insult this woman if she had any relation with the King, the silver temptress simply spoke the truth about what she knew. He did have quite the reputation after all.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2014, 07:09 PM

The woman's tone was confident, competent, and rather charming. Emerald gaze drifted over the silver woman with interest, the faintest of smiles creeping across her lips. This one had class. She was a Queen, as she introduced herself, of Elysium. Yes, there had been whispers of a pack by that name - but just that, whispers. She then spoke of Isardis, and Sendoa found herself stiffening ever so slightly, but she soon relaxed herself. One day she would get used to Isardis' reputation - but not today. ?Yes that seems to be his reputation alright, but I wouldn't believe everything you hear Miss Cataleya. There are all too many subordinates willing to whisper anything in a Queen's ear.? Boy, was that the truth. ?Isardis still rules, but is taking a leave of absence - I stand in as first in command of Glaciem. Pray tell, what sort of allies are you looking for?? She breathed calmly, placidly, the comment of her lover's reputation having finally rolled off of her hide like a droplet of water. She would think of it no more, and hopefully it would not be brought up again. It was his very reputation that irked her the most, and it had quickly become her intent to change that - if she could - while she had the power to do so.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-08-2014, 07:29 PM

It would not go unnoticed that the darker Queen stiffened at the mentioning of the pallid King. The temptress would act as though nothing happened, taking everything in stride. She listened carefully, nodding in agreement with the woman. "I couldn't agree more. I do hope he returns soon. But onto matter of business, my pack is young, growing, and though I would like to avoid war, it happens. I seek nothing more than protection for my pack. I would hope that as Queen, we could come to an agreement of sorts, a mutual friendship between our packs."

Words rolled off her tongue with practiced ease, the woman had no problem telling this Queen what she wanted. She didn't know what went on within these borders, nor did she care, so long as she had an alliance that could pack her up should she never need. And in return, she was prepared to offer her own services to Glaciem. "I don't doubt that Glaciem would make for a power ally, one that I could trust and rely on, and in return I offer the same from Elysium. I have visited another pack, but they seemed to have taken offense to me." A twisted grin and low chuckle came from the woman, thinking back to encounter with the Ebony man.

"My members are a bit on the...unorthodox side per say." She chose her words carefully, speaking thoughtfully, she didn't want to scare the woman off. "I offer a home to the outcasts of society, those deemed unfit to be around others. I train them, and perfect their skills, turning them into effective, ruthless warriors." The woman hoped it would be enough to satisfy the Queen, that she wouldn't be turned off by the killers that resided back home.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2014, 05:46 PM

She wanted a mutual friendship between their packs. Glaciem wasn't the best at making friends, but this opportunity was one that Sendoa wasn't sure they could pass up. She listened intently, allowing her features to remain soft and relaxed - none too eager despite the slight raise in her heart rate. The silver Queen was good-natured, and was well versed - altogether a fine leader in the emerald eyes of the ice Queen. The pack was described as unorthodox, a shelter for the outcasts of society. This piqued Sendoa's interest - and wariness - but she listened on without fail. Effective, ruthless warriors, how could the icy kingdom pass them up? ?I would be the first to admit that Glaciem is no normal pack either. Amongst our ranks are proud, ambitious youngsters, and eager, possessive elders. Most are skilled, and those who are not are in training. We possess a standing alliance with Tortuga - which will of course be honored first and foremost, but I see no reason to deny you what you seek. A mutually benefitting friendship is hard to come by.? She paused to allow Cataleya to voice any terms in particular she sought, or else for the conversation to naturally flow elsewhere.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-10-2014, 07:13 PM

The silver Queen would listen intently. From the sounds of it, Glaciem and Elysium would get along just fine. However, Glaciem had another alliance, Tortuga, which would be honored first. The woman couldn't protest, she could understand so she would simply nod. A grin would lift her lips as the darker Queen gave her what she wanted, an alliance. "Excellent. My Conseiller, Meinx, may or may not make a visit here, she handles the finer details of politics, she does surprisingly well for her age." She had nothing specific she wanted to add onto the alliance, the only thing she wanted was Glaciems support, and she had achieved that.

She would fall silent, finding herself enjoying the conversation with this one. She was a strong, confident and able leader, one she could easily grow to like. "Does Glaciem have any enemies? Before I go seeking alliances elsewhere. If you don't mind my asking." She would not press for the information, though it would prove helpful so she wasn't caught in the middle of two warring packs. Her mind drifted, there were still several packs she needed to visit, and Tortuga had already been on her list, though it was helpful to know that they already had an alliance with Glaciem.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2014, 12:48 PM

It would be agreed upon, and Cataleya would name her politician whom may visit in the near future. Sendoa filed the name away for future use, noting that she ought to give it to the Overseers in the event that Meinx was stopped at the border by one of them. The blue Queen was impressed with Cataleya's demeanor, and so she had no reason to worry about how this Meinx might carry herself. Then there came a question, one in which Sendoa would have to artfully explain a bit of history in order to answer. ?I'm not sure if they are still enemies, but Valhalla is certainly on friend of ours. You must not have heard, but nearly a year ago we engaged in a war with them and all but destroyed their ranks. Since then I believe they have reformed under new leadership. Feelings are still tense between us, so I don't imagine you'd have much luck there if you mention our new alliance.? Sendoa had had intentions to try to smooth things over, but had not officially done so. Perhaps this was an omen that now was the time to speak with the white woman - Erani. ?I suppose it would be wise of me to ask the same of you, I recall you mentioning a pack that didn't receive you well?? She had an idea of which it might be, but wanted to hear it from the silver Queen's own lips before assuming any further.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2014, 03:37 PM

Pale ears listened carefully, the talk of war catching her attention. She had heard the whispers of Glaciem going to war with Valhalla, but she had been scarce in the area and didn't know much more. From the sounds of it, Valhalla would be a waste of her time if they disliked Glaciem that must, though she could always send Meinx their way. When the question was returned to her, the woman was more than willing to answer. "Yes, Ebony, they are located in the east, its hard to say where I stand with them now." A shoulder would lift, she wasn't overly concerned about it, she had only offended the man, not killed his family, she doubted they would come banging down her door demanding retribution. From what the other Queen had said, Glaciem had been the right move, they had all but destroyed Vahalla, even forcing them to choose a new leader.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2014, 04:10 PM

The name was given, followed by a quick and deliberate chuckle from the blue queen. Oh Ebony, so touchy. The chuckle bubbled off of her lips and then faded, lasting only a moment or two. ?Isardis and I too offered them an alliance, but alas they were quick to make wrongful assumptions of us. Their Queen seems particularly touchy, I wouldn't take it personally.? She couldn't help but think they were foolish to be so picky when their pack was still so new, but alas - she couldn't change their minds. Sendoa knew a proper ally when she saw one, and Cataleya was perfect. There was one hitch though, one that Sendoa was particularly curious about - and had only thought of now. ?I have one final question, and your answer will by no means change our agreement, I am merely curious. A woman named Artemis took and founded Elysium, providing Glaciem with something we longed for in the process. How is it that you came to be the new Queen?? It truly didn't matter, but Sendoa was awfully curious as to whether Artemis had been felled by this silver queen, or if she had vanished - or worse. Politics was something a queen could not afford to be ignorant about, and so she would cock her head with interest in whatever Cataleya's response was.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2014, 04:19 PM
ooc- gonna keep this thread set before art came back

The dark Queen would speak of the pack, seeming to have a similar encounter with them. A chuckle would roll off her tongue, it seemed as though Ebony would have a hard time finding allies if they were so picky about who they choose to ally themselves with. However, the amusement would fade, replaced by a question with the upmost curiosity from the Queen. It was not something she had an issue with sharing, though the name was foreign to her. "I am not familiar with anyone by that name, but when I found Elysium, it was abandoned, left open for someone else to swoop in a take and so I did." She provided everything she knew to the curious Queen. It seemed as though this Artemis had been important to Glaciem, and now that she no longer ruled Elysium, it left many questions for the pack. "Should I let you know if she ever returns?" Crown would tip to the left ever so slightly, if this girl was that important, than surely Glaciem would want to know about her return.

Sendoa

gems
size
build
player
04-11-2014, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 06:36 PM by Sendoa.)
Ooc, lame iPad post

Perhaps it shouldn't matter to her that Artemis was gone. They had gotten everything they wanted from her, and if she had vanished it wasn't their job to find her. Still, curiosity was an overwhelming thing, and she would soak up every word Cataleya shared. Elysium had been left behind, with no trace of Artemis to be found. There came a nod from the blue queen. ?I would be partial to such information, yes.? If Artemis returned, it likely meant she would be after a new pack, or something of the sort. Her location would be valued as she likely would still ally herself closely with Glaciem. ?Is there anything else, Miss Cataleya?? She didn't mean to bring the meeting to a close, as she truly was enjoying the conversation, but she knew that she had things to do and it was likely Cataleya was just as busy.

?speech,?

Cataleya

gems
size
build
player
04-20-2014, 01:45 PM

The silver Queen was more than happy to oblige to the dark Queens wished. "I will send a messenger your way should she return." And suddenly it seemed as though the meeting was coming to an end and so the silver Queen would shit, stepping back from the meeting, quite pleased with the way it had turned out. Words would flow from the dark woman's maw as the silver temptress simply shook her head. "No, that will be all, it was a pleasure meeting you. And until next time." A smile would tossed towards the woman as the behemoth turned away from the borders, preparing to visit to the next pack before returning home and making sure everything was just as she had left it. Paws kissed the earth, powerful limbs picking up a brisk trot, carrying her away from Glaciem and onto the next.

-exit Cat-