size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
07-31-2023, 09:24 PM
the ground is loose here, comprised of tiny itchy fragments that leap up with every step and cling to their pelt with stubborn insistence. Araneae immediately decides they don’t care for it. they give a brisk shake to dispel the lingering granules, but it proves largely fruitless; twisting their neck, they scowl at the pale flecks strewn across their charcoal fur, stark like stars against a darkening sky.

“get off,” they hiss, bottom lip curling in disgust. “i mean it.” of course, the stuff remains resolutely still and unresponsive. huffing, they give a childish stomp of their foot and glare down, as though the ground has personally betrayed them.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
07-31-2023, 10:50 PM

Wylan loved to come to the beach. Every time he came, he felt like he was discovering something new. From the fishing shacks that lay dotted across the expanse, to the training rings that the pack warriors used. Today, he was walking lightly down the sand. His wings spread either side of him. He closed his eyes, and then started to dash. His wings swooping and diving either side of him as he pretended he was flying. really flying.

And then his grandfather's Bear who was babysitting him made a soft noise, catching his attention. He opened his eyes and realised he wasn’t alone. Was that what Bear had been alerting him to? Minding his manners, he trotted over towards where the stranger was stomping and seeming upset about something. “Hello! I’m Wylan, are you one of my cousins? I haven’t seen you before, do you live on the beach? Why are you stamping at the sand like that? Do you have extra eyes? Your scent is kinda funny. I haven’t smelled that before. “ He said, and taking a few deep breaths of the boy also counted as catching his breath after his run-on and breathless questions.

"Speech"

[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-01-2023, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 02:44 AM by Araneae. Edited 1 time in total.)
the boy’s voice interrupts their inner turmoil, drawing their attention to a winged child - and is that a bear?! - where a flurry of questions are immediately directed their way, seemingly without a single pause for breath. how does he not pass out? when the boy finally quiets, Araneae just stares for a moment, giving a single, slow blink.

and then they emit an amused, disbelieving snort. ”i’m not your cousin, silly! and i don’t live on the beach.” they scrunch up their face in disgust and glare down at their feet again. “who would want to?”

they blink a second time, and only one set of ‘eyes’ move, the second remaining completely still. “i don’t have extra eyes, either - though wouldn’t that be cool! but i was named for them.” puffing out their chest, araneae flashes sharp puppy teeth in an impish grin. “i’m Spider.”

something Wylan’d said crosses their mind, and a tiny frown crinkles their brow. ”and i don’t think i smell weird…maybe you’re only used to scenting men and women?” momentarily self conscious, they turn their head to bury their nose in their shoulder fur, sniffing tentatively. suddenly, a breeze picks up and blows a handful of sand in their face. spitting irritably, they lift a paw and brush the granules from their chest. “hey, Feathers, do you know how to get rid of this stuff?”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-04-2023, 04:37 PM

Wylan wagged his tail, sucking in a breath as he grinned at the new wolf before him. The stretch of silence didn’t seem to phase him, he blinked at the four-eyed wolf, and his muzzle stretched into a grin again as the other wolf snorted, and started to speak. “Well, I have so many cousins, and I haven’t met them all yet!” He explained, voice light and happy. This wolf might not be his cousin, but that was okay. In fact, that was more exciting! Most of the wolves he met in his life were related to him.

“You don’t like the beach?” He asked in surprise, seeing the way the other wolf glared down at the sand. “It would be cool if your eyes moved, but that’s okay. I have a whole extra pair of limbs, but dad says they don’t work for flying” He said, wiggling his wings for emphasis. For the first time, a bit of the happiness in his voice drops, but then it's back in full force a moment later. “It’s nice to meet you, Spider!”

“Maybe! I’ve never met someone that wasn’t before” he leaned forward and gave Spider a couple big sniffs “Now I know, thanks! And I do, follow me!” he called out, picking up his paws and racing down the beach - heading towards the water. Of course, getting wet in the ocean was only going to make it worse later, but he hadn’t considered that yet.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-06-2023, 08:29 AM
their eyes stretch wide as Wylan wiggles his wings, watching as the feathers shift and move. a mixture of envy and awe sweeps through them, tinging their voice in a strange amalgamation of the two. “that is soooo cool!” for a moment their mind is full only of winged daydreams, in which they sport a large, intricate pair of their own. “if you ever do figure out how to fly, you have to let me come! i could ride on your back!” they edge closer and stick their nose right in the boy’s face, as though to impress upon him the importance of their words. “promise you will!”

at the prospect of a sandless future, Araneae releases a dramatic breath, casting the ground a final disdainful look. “oh, good. it’s so itchy.” they pull a face, then follow Wylan as he bounds to the shore, spraying up even more sand in their wake. ugh, the nerve. they hit the water with a loud splash and wade determinedly forward, until it’s about halfway up their legs. raising a sceptical brow, Araneae lifts a single foot and examines it – then gasps in wide-eyed wonder. “it works!”  they crow, dancing about with unbridled glee. water flies through the air and lands on their face, making them giggle. “Feathers, you’re a genius!”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-07-2023, 12:13 AM

“I will, I promise!” He agreed readily, having not quite given up on flying yet himself. He was convinced he just needed to figure out how, and then maybe he would be teaching his dad! He licked Spiders nose as they thrust their face in range. Grinning easily at them.

He raced to the water's edge, and then on into the water. It was a little chilly despite the warm day, but it didn’t bother him too much. He splashed around in a depth that only came up to his knees. As Spider examined their paw, he dipped a wing into the water. Using it to thrust through the surface and drag towards Spider in the hopes of soaking his new friend. “I told you it would work!” He pointed out. “Tag, you're it!” he cried, poking Spider with a wing, before turning and fleeing through the water. Keeping parallel to shore.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-07-2023, 07:36 AM
Araneae squeals as Wylan sends up a spray of water in their direction, pulling an outraged face as it settles in cold little droplets across their face. “you bastard!” they hiss – a word they learned from Mother That Woman – “that was cold!” despite the insult, a delighted grin tugs across their lips as they give chase, thundering through the water in pursuit of the winged boy. what they lack in size they make up for in speed, and after a few minutes of eager pursuit, they dive forward through the water and attempt to sweep Wylan’s legs out from beneath him. regardless of whether or not they were successful, Araneae goes crashing into the sand with the momentum, and for a moment they simply lie there, laughing breathlessly. but then…

“arghhh!” they seethe, all but shaking with rage as they scowl down at their sand-mattered pelt. it’s practically everywhere, and where before it’d caught between their fur, now it’s plastered to their sides like thick, gloopy paste. the sensation is positively loathsome. “it’s even worse!” they complain, stomping furiously. they move to re-enter the water – but when they dart a glance down the beach, their predicament makes itself horribly clear. “uh, Feathers…how are we supposed to leave the beach without getting yucky?!”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-08-2023, 12:25 AM

Wylan blinked in surprise at the unfamiliar word that bursted out of Spider. It was said with such enthusiasm that he couldn’t help but feel it was a fantastic word. He couldn’t wait to use it on his siblings later! But, no time to dwell on fun new words just yet. The majority of his attention was spent on racing through the water with as much splashing as he could manage.

His attempt to maximise the sheer amount of water he could throw into the air slowed him down. He was caught by surprise when the small pup unexpectedly tumbled into him, knocking his paws out from under him. He landed sideways, hitting the beach and collapsed against the sand. Laughing easily. When Spider suddenly cried out, he raised his head and squinted over at his new friend and playmate. “Oh.” He said, realising, like Spider, what a mistake he had made. “Ooops…” He said after a moment, tilting his head to the side while he considered.

Only a few seconds passed before a wide grin split his muzzle. “Oh, oh! Have you been to the.. Oh, I bet you haven’t! Follow me Spider, I have an awesome idea!” He said, throwing himself to his paws and suddenly taking off.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-08-2023, 05:57 PM

Araneae watches as Wylan clambers to his feet, bewildered by his complete nonchalance at being covered in wet sand. scarcely able to bear it, they stand there in complete dismay and slowly lift each foot, giving a furious shake. who even invented beaches? why couldn’t they just have the water without the sand? they perk up at Wylan’s sudden epiphany, tracking him with big hopeful eyes. as long as he could get them clean, they’d probably follow him anywhere right about now. “where are we going? where haven’t i been??” despite their confusion, they’re all too eager to follow Wylan’s lead, scrambling after him as he takes off across the beach. “okay, okay - coming!”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-08-2023, 06:09 PM

Wylan was quick to lead them, moving quickly on his chubby little puppy paws as he took them off the beach, and towards the Col. running past the Obelisk and giving it a cheeky sand-filled pat on his way past. Then they had arrived at the cave opening, and the scent of warm water filled his nose.

He turned back to Spider then and gave the pup a grin. “Have you been here yet?” He asked, kind of hoping they hadn’t. He wanted to see Spider discover it for the first time, like Wylan had not that long ago. It was fun!

He led them into the cavern, and into the first room, where there was comfortably warm water running in a stream through the cave. The entrance and exit of the water was securely blocked off, so no pups tumbled past them. The water was also quite shallow, not deep enough for a pup even as small as Spider to fully submerge in. “It’s a bath, see? We can wash off here!”

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-09-2023, 10:50 PM

working their little legs, Araneae fought to remain right on Wylan’s tail, unwilling to be left behind. when Wylan pats the obelisk, they give a delighted little wiggle and mimic the movement, straining up to set their paw briefly against its surface. upon reaching the cave’s opening, they peer past Wylan’s shoulder into the darkened space, lips splitting into a broad grin. “nope! never!” increasingly eager, they follow Wylan into the first room, drinking in the scene with wide eyes and parted mouth. “this…is…awesome!” the dimness of the cave thrills them, lending the entire place a great sense of adventure – while the warm stream bears almost biblical qualities in its blessedness.

wading into the water, they sit down with a firm splash and close their eyes in bliss, sighing as sand sloughs off with the gentle current. “come and join me, Wyl!” they urge the boy, tail thumping eagerly. as they crane their neck up to look at the ceiling, a sense of great peace washes over them. “i can’t believe i get to live here,” they whisper, largely to themself.

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-09-2023, 11:43 PM

Wylan giggled and trotted after Spider. Ensuring his steps did some splashing as they did so. The water was pleasantly warm against his fur. Especially after the beach, and his wet fur against the wind travelling here. With a pleased sigh he landed next to Spider. Sitting on his rump beside them, and fanning his wings out against the water. “Mmmm… soo good” He said happily.

“The food stores are close to here too, so we can grab something to eat after this!” He suggested. Food was always a good idea, though his mum had some of the best snacks. That was a good point, actually. “Or we can go beg my mum for snacks. Her stuff is best” he said, seeing no problem with bringing the other wolf home to beg for food with him. Halo fed everyone, after all.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-10-2023, 10:36 PM

as Wylan settles beside them, Araneae scoops up pawfuls of warm water and attempts to splash them gently across the boy's wings, giggling with mischief. after a moment, they sit back and let their eyes trail along those water-flecked feathers, once again gripped with envy and longing. "your wings are so pretty," they inform Wylan, smiling to indicate it was a compliment. they perk up immediately at the mention of food - and as though on cue - their stomach gives a loud, opinionated rumble. indeed, the only thing that could make this day better (sand aside) was something yummy to eat! "that sounds great! let's go bug your mum!"

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-13-2023, 10:51 PM

As Spider splashed him gently, he rose and dipped his wings in the water, creating little currants around them. At the compliment, Wylan offered his new friend a smile, raising his head over the water enough to find Spider's face. “Thanks, they are kinda neat. My dad says wings are best used for hugging” He said, though they were maybe a bit too wet right now to demonstrate.

“Okay!” He said as Spider agreed to bugging mum. He got to his paws, and shook out his coat as much as he could. Sending water everywhere before he grabbed one of the coats left hanging to the side. He handed one over to Spider, before grabbing one himself and rubbing it over his body. Once he was fluffed up and still a little damp, he tossed the coat back on its hook and raced to the door. “Race you to the treehouse!” he cried, and was off.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-15-2023, 09:18 PM
Araneae squeals as Wylan sends up a spray of water in their direction, pulling an outraged face as it settles in cold little droplets across their face. practically burning with curiosity, Araneae scrambles eagerly after Wylan, shaking the water from their pelt and lending them a rather porcupine air. this state only worsens as they accept the towel Wylan offers, running it impatiently over their fur. the resulting effect is comically chaotic, especially when paired with their excited, wide-eyed gaze. “what’s your mum like?” they prod, discarding the towel. it’s like a hunger within them, a yearning greed to learn the family dynamics of others – to digest them so that it might fill the empty chasm That Woman had torn open when she’d left. “is she nice?”
distracted by the challenge issued, Araneae pushes aside this melancholia and tears off after Wylan, able to forget their problems with the ease of childish fickleness – at least for now. “hey, no fair – you had a head start!”

"Speech"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-15-2023, 11:03 PM

Wylan scrunched up his nose, slowing down as he thought over the words. Trying to find how to put everything his mother encompassed into a sentence. “She’s… warm, and safe, and smells like herbs and good things.” He said after a moment, voice panting as he spoke and ran.

“Then run faster!” He tells Wylan at their complain,, giggling a little. But he did slow as they got into the woods and near the tree house. That, though Wylan didn’t know it, was also where Spider lived now too. Only, instead of going up, they went in. heading into the healers den at ground level. “Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, I’m hungry, and I’ve got a friend, and they're hungry too!” He called out as he entered.

"Speech"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. baby’s first sand Soul Sand Cove 09:24 PM, 07-31-2023 06:01 AM, 11-15-2023