size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-30-2023, 10:39 PM

it looked a little different now that winter was almost here, but Araneae was certain they’d know this place blind. it’s scent was too distinct, the shape of every branch and leaf stained by That Day so completely it almost seemed to leave a physical mark. perhaps it was almost fitting that they’d returned here; adding a circularity to the life they now led with Hazel and Bas. speaking of which, at least Bas was here with them - it made being here that much easier. and yet, despite their best efforts, the pup couldn’t resist their eyes wandering amidst the foliage, seeking a familiar flash of fur. it makes them hate Her even more…and themselves, just a little. trying to shake off their melancholy, Araneae looks up at Bas and offers a smile.

”i’m just gonna look for prey over here,” they chirp, trotting a little ways away to snuffle through the undergrowth, tracking a variety of tantalising new scents. this sets them a few tail-lengths from Bas, partially obscured by a clump of trees but not far enough that they wouldn’t be able to alert him if they needed help.

“speech”

1-D4-BC8-FA-F2-A8-4248-A607-57-A418-BA7-D2-C-removebg-preview

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-30-2023, 10:55 PM
Strai was cautious of the Redbud nook now. His close encounter with the bear had taught him a valuable lesson in paying attention to his surroundings. He had camped out in the tree hollow for the night, with the intention of leaving the territory tomorrow. He had a lot of ground to cover before he felt he was a comfortable distance from those that chased him.

He was just pulling out of the tree hollow when a voice caught his attention. He froze, partly emerged, and looked at the dark newcomer. The other pup had just come into view, and Strai wasn’t certain if they had caught sight of him yet. He started to pull himself slowly into a crouch. Already noting how this wolf was a great deal smaller than him. Aside from their strange eye markings, his eyes didn’t catch on anything. Skipping expertly across their body. Taking note of any details. No weapons, no belongings. Nothing to steal. Nothing worth his time, at any rate. His heartbeat picked up a little. Fight or flee? That was the important question.

"Speech"

[Image: Au67KGz.png]

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Berserker Berserker

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
08-31-2023, 08:16 AM

despite their initial hesitation, there is such a riot of smells here that Araneae quickly finds themself lost amongst a cacophony of trails, losing one creature just as quickly as they pick up another. there's vole here, and mouse, and fox...oh, yikes, better avoid that one! enthralled as they are in this entanglement of scents, it takes them a moment to register the wolf-smell emanating from a few paces away; once they notice it, however, it becomes absolutely impossible to ignore. nose twitching, Araneae keeps their head down as they follow it to a far corner of the clearing, dogged in their pursuit - until its abrupt end has their gaze snapping up from the ground, eyes searching the shadows beyond. it takes a few heartbeats, but that wide pink gaze falls upon a violet pair, framed by tufts of grey and white. he's young, it seems, with an intriguing array of pale blue spikes jutting out from his cheekbones. at once, the excitement of potential a new playmate wars with the trepidation of encountering a stranger; as usual, the less intelligent of the two wins out.

"hi!" Araneae gasps out, sticking their face out with unabashed enthusiasm. they have no regard for personal space or possible retribution, instead enthralled with the prospect of someone new to meet. "what are you doing, hiding in there?" had Hazel not found them when she had, it's likely they would've been in the same boat; but since she had, the idea of hiding in a place as abhorred as redbud nook is a complete mystery to them.

“speech”

Spider has a male raven companion named Doomsday and a female snake companion named Lady Snakeskin. Assume they are present unless stated otherwise.

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
08-31-2023, 06:45 PM
Strai recoiled in surprise and horror when the other pup stuck their head closer. Their voice was sickeningly upbeat and excited as they gasped out a hello. Schooling his expression into something that was only mere annoyance instead of hate, he glared down at them. He might be young, but at least he had height over this wolf. He hadn’t had steady access to food in a while, but at least that hadn’t stunted his growth and turned him into a pathetic runt like this one.

“This is my hollow, go find your own” He growled, his gravelly voice rolling roughly over the words. He took a step back. Not because he was afraid of no stupid runt, but because he couldn’t abide how close they were. He only invaded personal space when he thought he could be intimidating, and this creature didn’t look intimidated at all. Mores the pity for them.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-01-2023, 08:13 AM

the boy responds with immediate hostility, which has Araneae blinking in surprise and taking a step back; not far, but enough to (hopefully) make their new acquaintance a tad more comfortable. the last time someone was this mean to them, it ended in a brawl, but Araneae doesn't want to fight this boy - they want him to like them! they want to be his friend. in the spirit of this, they offer a tentative smile, hoping to unbalance him with their charm offensive. "you live in a tree?" they prod, thrilled to be given this point of familiarity. "me too!" Araneae hesitates, brow furrowed in thought, then amends, "well...it's a treehouse."

the memory of said house fills them with enthusiasm, and they're unable to stop themselves from adding, "technically it's Bas and Hazel's treehouse...but they let me live there! my room has a window, and the sunrise makes everything all orange and pink...it's sooo cool." a breathless grin splits their face, crinkling their eye markings and lending their face a youthful exuberance. a sudden wave of gratitude seizes them, and they twist to indicate the space over their shoulder, just catching sight of Bas through a gap in the trees. "Bas is just over there! he's huge." they widen their eyes to emphasise his size, then run an appraising eye over the boy's form. "kind of like you, actually..." well, granted the child wasn't actually as big as Bas, but they certainly dwarfed Araneae - not that they minded. tiny but mighty was basically their mantra. "hey, how come you live in a tree?"

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-06-2023, 01:19 AM
The wolf stepped back, which gave them some points, but they also babbled on. So many words, running together. Their accent was a little difficult for the wolf to follow, as well. This wasn’t his native tongue, and his disinterest in the babbling all made it rather difficult. He did however notice the giant wolf behind the foliage. His eyes widened in shock "Vid Odens skägg!" He gasped. No wolf grew that big, surely.

His eyes roamed back to the pup again. Now he knew the guardian behind the tiny wolf, he was less reluctant to push them off a cliff. After all, their giant wolf would turn around and push him off a bigger one! “I don’t, I sheltered in it for the night” He said, his gravelly voice clipped, but marginally less insulting.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-06-2023, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 09:42 PM by Araneae. Edited 1 time in total.)

at the mention of Bas, their new friend the boy seems to lose some of his initial hostility, voice slightly less venomous and countenance slightly less intimidating. for a moment, Araneae is thrilled - they’ve impressed him so much with their treehouse story that he wants to hang out with them! “oh, sorry! where do you live, then?”

but then Araneae examines him closer, taking in his defensive stance and the unease with which he seems to take the news of Bas’ presence. internally, they deflate. they don’t want him to be nice to them just because he’s scared of their Da - er, roommate! Araneae considers, recalling the moment when Hazel first found them. they’d been terrified - though less angry, granted - and all they’d wanted was a warm place to sleep…and some food. “hey, are you hungry? i bet Bas has hunted down some food by now - let’s go ask him! or we can try to catch something ourselves?”

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-06-2023, 09:59 PM
“Not here.” He said shortly, glancing up through the foliage again with narrowed eyes. Where was that monster? He wasn’t sneaking up on them, was he? He glanced back at the pesky pup. “My family came to this land on a ship. My homeland is… well, somewhere across the ocean.” He… didn’t actually know where it was, and now that his parents were dead, he was never going to find it again, was he?

He couldn’t help the nervousness that passed his expression at that. “Oh, that’s okay, we don’t need to get your… Bas involved.” He said quickly, making little soothing motions with a paw. “How about you tell me more about what this treehouse is like?” He suggested. Anything to keep the pup from turning around and calling their Bas Monster over.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-06-2023, 11:23 PM

"oh. where are they now?" had this boy lost his family? was he sad? Araneae studies his face, attempting to discern a hint of misery within those grey and white features. should they comfort him? they themselves didn't have a particularly fond view of family, given their past, but they didn't want to be mean. eventually they settle on, "well, you're here now - and this place isn't so bad. i'm glad you're here." they attempt a reassuring smile, then lower their voice and add, conspiratorial, "don't worry, i didn't come from here either."

they're distracted by the anxiety in his gaze, catching it in a brief flash. wow, this poor boy must be really scared of Bas. the idea was vaguely comical to them - Bas was the furthest thing from scary! - but they supposed, from a certain objective standpoint, he was rather intimidating? if you squinted? a thrill runs through them as the boy prods them to talk more, distracting them from their thoughts- so he was interested! they knew it! - but they won't be distracted from their mission so easily. "don't be a dunderhead, you need to eat! let me catch you something!" they bat their eyelashes, hoping to wear him down. "please?" surely, if they caught something for the boy, he'd have to like them! and maybe they'd even learn his name!

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-07-2023, 12:14 AM
“Dead.” He said bluntly, then looked a little closer at the black pup. Spider didn’t have to know that Strai was bullying him. But there he was, babbling on again. Talking about a hunt. Did he really want to chase something down with this pup, when the Bas Monster would probably try to join in? Maybe even chase him down?

“They killed my dad first, they held him down, and cut his throat… here” he said, reaching forward and flicking a claw across Spider’s neck. He barely disturbed the fur there. He was careful, very careful. Monster Bas was around, after all. “After that, they went after my mother… they were slower with her, because she was the best fighter I ever knew.” Strai said, his voice holding a detached, but slightly mocking tone… and that was about all of that he could hold up.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-07-2023, 01:34 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 01:36 AM by Araneae. Edited 1 time in total.)

for the first time since meeting the boy, Araneae feels a flicker of fear and…uncertainty. they stiffen as the boy places a claw against their throat, shoulders lifting and falling with the force of a sudden realisation. they’d thought they were becoming friendly, that they were gonna be real friends…but suddenly there rose-coloured view is ripped away with startling clarity. their heart is hurting and there eyes feel hot. the joy and enthusiasm drains their face, expression falling with all the suddenness of a lightning strike. when they speak, it comes out dull and flat, though hurt vibrates beneath each word. “you…don’t like me, do you?”

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-07-2023, 01:42 AM
Ah, maybe he had done it a little too thick. Spider knew they were mocking him, even if everything he said had been true. Their expression fell so suddenly that Strai felt… something. He wasn’t sure what exactly, but it sat a little sour in his stomach. He shrugged his shoulders at the other wolf's words. “Don’t take it personally kid, I don’t like anyone. Also true. Partly because he didn’t know anyone. They were dead. They were all dead.

The sooner Spider realised life wasn’t all fun and games, the better it would be for them, anyway. So he couldn’t feel too bad about kicking sand in their heart. Right. Right? So why did the dour, sad expression make him feel like he’d kicked a puppy. “I wasn’t lying, anyway. Maybe you’d be sour if you didn’t have your dad, too.” he said sullenly, defensively. His head flicking back towards where Bas was hanging around in the background.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-07-2023, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2023, 02:28 AM by Araneae. Edited 2 times in total.)

okay. okay. clearly their initial approach hasn’t been particularly…effective. it does make them feel a bit better that it wasn’t personal; it was nothing they’d done, per say. but clearly this boy isn’t interested in being their friend. that’s fine…it just means they’d need a better strategy. even if Araneae kind of wants to go snuffling back to Bas and find comfort in his arms, they wouldn’t back down - no, they’d be this boy’s friend even if they had to take an orthodox route to do it.

with this newly reestablished sense of determination in mind, Araneae sucks in a shaky breath and lifts their chin, levelling the boy with a steady gaze. “how about this,” they begin, attempting to keep their voice calm and even, “we spar. if i win, you have to be my friend. if you win, then…” they take another breath, physically bracing themselves for the words. still, they couldn’t quite help the shaky quality that enters their voice. “theni’llleaveyoualoneforever.” sniffling, they clear their throat and try again. “then i’ll leave you alone forever.”

Kyanite vs. Araneae (Spider) for ‘Dominance’ (friendship)
Round 0/2
Size: Extra-small
Build: Light

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-07-2023, 03:14 AM

He expected the pup to run along back to their pup. Perhaps Strai would have to make another quick get away. Instead, the pup showed that there was more steel in their bones then he ever would have guessed. The tiny pipsqueak challenged him to a match. He blinked, staring at them in surprise. After a moment, he grinned. “Oh, you're on, but I want something different. If I win, you have to do what I say for a day”  he said, a grin gracing his muzzle for the first time. Excitement at a match that he was already anticipating to be easy. Okay, so his estimation on the pup had suddenly gone up.

“And tell your Bas that this is just for play!” He said as he closed the short distance between the two of them. Short, because Spider seemed to like being up and in other people's spaces. He aimed to slam his shoulder against the smaller wolf's head.

Astraios vs Spider (Araneae) for Dominance
Round 1/2
Size: Dire wolf
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Offensive)
Skills: Intermediate Fighter & Beginner Hunter

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-07-2023, 04:17 AM

ah, it seems Araneae has made the correct move! the boy practically lights up, grinning at the prospect of a match. perhaps it’s a little unnerving, the excited shine in his violet gaze bordering almost on bloodlust, but they’re just glad he hasn’t run away yet. “deal!” they declare, tail waving eagerly behind them. granted, they aren’t really considering what it might actually mean to be bossed around for a day, but it’s stakes they’re willing to take. “don’t worry, i’ll tell him,” Araneae promises, straining over their shoulder to see if they can spot Bas nearby. no doubt he’ll be upset if he thinks they’re being attacked, so they keep an eye out for him just in case as the spar begins.

a surprised squeak falls from their mouth as the boy slams his shoulder into their head, throwing them off guard. they tumble backward a few paces, but roll with the momentum, using it to launch themselves back up to their feet. blinking spots from their eyes, Araneae charges forward, making as though to grab for the boy’s neck - then feints at the last second and tries to aim a blow on his flank, instead.

Round: 1/2

“speech”

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-07-2023, 09:45 PM

His attack hits, and for a moment he thought this would be easy. too easy but the pup recovered, getting back to their paws. "I hope you like being told what to do!" He teased as the younger wolf got back into the fight, and charged at Strai. Their attack looked as if it was going to be aimed at his neck - a good target, that one. As Strai angled his cheek spurs to defend himself, the other kid dove past him, going for his flank.

Strai snarled, and turned, trying to grab at Spider’s butt as it moved past them, paws aiming to strike a blow in the hopes it would knock the other off course. They were tiny, like, really, what was the worst they could do?

Round 2/2
Size: Dire wolf
Mutation 1: Cheek Bone Spurs (Offensive)

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-08-2023, 06:10 AM

satisfaction flashes through them as their blow lands, something vaguely savage and primal. this fight isn’t anything like their match with Kyanite; more of a fight than a blatant ass-kicking. they even find themselves giggling at the boy’s taunt, despite knowing it could very well become a reality. “yeah, right! we’re gonna have so much fun when you’re my friend.”

they try to dart out of range, but the boy manages to grasp their butt and land a strike, drawing another alarmed squeak from them. pain and indignation and adrenaline and excitement, all one big cocktail swirling through their tiny body. they stagger, breathing hard and unbalanced, and try to lash out and cuff the boy’s ear; however, they’re so off-balance it likely doesn’t land.

Astraios vs. Spider (Araneae) for Dominance
Round 2/2

“speech”

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
09-11-2023, 06:54 PM

And the winner is...

ARANEAE

ASTRAIOS must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

ASTRAIOS:
Attack Roll: 69
Defense Roll: 71
Agility Roll: 42
Perception Roll: 11
Total: 193
Attack[69] + 20% Bonus[13.80]: 82.80
Defense[71] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 71.00
Agility[42] + 5% Bonus[2.10]: 44.10
Perception[11] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 11.00
Total[208.90] + -5% Bonus[-10.45]: 198.46

ARANEAE:
Attack Roll: 37
Defense Roll: 87
Agility Roll: 55
Perception Roll: 33
Total: 212
Attack[37] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 37.00
Defense[87] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 87.00
Agility[55] + 15% Bonus[8.25]: 63.25
Perception[33] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 33.00
Total[220.25] + -5% Bonus[-11.01]: 209.24

Astraios

Hemlock
Mender

Master Fighter (240)

Expert Hunter (220)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
09-12-2023, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2023, 03:45 PM by Astraios. Edited 2 times in total.)
As if that was ever going to happen. There was no way this short "godtrogen" would ever beat him. So it came to some surprise when Spider’s cuff hit him just right to make his ears ring, and when he stood there, trying to shake out his ears, they got in their last shot. He gave his head another shake, and stared in disbelief, and then anger at the small wolf in front of him.

He took a slow breath, he had taken the gamble, and he had lost. He stretched the scowl into something more neutral. “Alright… friend, what do you want to do?” He said. It would just be one day, he supposed pretending to be nice wouldn’t kill him.

"Speech"

Araneae

Armada
Heir

Master Hunter (246)

Master Fighter (290)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
MalBelle

Pride - Demisexual
09-12-2023, 08:49 PM

triumphant disbelief surges through them, dizzying in it’s exhilaration. Araneae pants harshly, chest heaving up and down in sharp jerks as they shoot a breathless grin at the boy. they’d won! they’d actually won! now they could play together!

anger seems to flash across the boy’s face, and for a moment they wonder if he’ll keep his word - but then he seems to accept his fate, to their relief. they don’t want him to resent them for this victory, they want him to realise how fun they are. “don’t worry,” they chirp teasingly, “i might do what you say, if you ask nicely. or i might not. that’s how friendship works.” a million games begin shifting through their mind, brow furrowing as they try to pick the best one - but then something occurs to them. “hey…what’s your name?”

“speech”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. hello Redbud Nook 10:39 PM, 08-30-2023 03:52 PM, 10-20-2023