size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

ScarredDouble MasterRapid Poster - SilverSamhain 2022
09-06-2023, 01:26 AM

Haydée is up North, hoping to find a trace of her brother Alex but, so far, finding nothing. There are other things that the girl can do will taking her time trying to pin him down and, right now, she is about to visit the Armada. Bellamy had spoken of the possibility of trading with the pack and the girl needs to follow up to see if that is an option. Well… and let them know of the change in leadership. Small paws crunch through the snow that is gathered on the ground and the girl suppresses a shiver. Even though the sun is high in the sky, the cold is almost unbearable.

The only other time she had experienced snow was when she was born but she doesn’t remember it being this cold. Pulling to a stop at a respectful distance from the border, a soft sneeze fills the air and is followed by a loud sniffling as the girl tries to collect herself. Finally, she tips her head back to sing a call for the alpha of the pack, requesting their presence for a friendly chat. Steam fills the air around her face as she howls and the call fades off into another small sneezing fit at the end.

Shivering, the girl realizes she should have worn something warm to go visit a pack in the North. Oh well, she has learned that lesson.

"Haydée Kedieo"

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.”
Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-06-2023, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2023, 01:47 AM by Sirius. Edited 3 times in total.)
The Warlord had been throwing himself into work of late. There was so much to do. The waters had finally soaked into the ground, but the temperatures in the caverns were chillier than usual. It was taking a long time for things to dry, and the majority of the pack were denning in the training cavern for the meantime. The Warlord was not safe to sleep around. A concern that had cropped up multiple times in his life. Generally whenever great concerns were eating away at him, and pushed down, ignored. ”All of us are living with mom's ghost, but you're the only one not living in your shadow."

He looked back at the soggy, last remaining contents of the packs stores with a sigh, before turning his head to the wind. It wouldn’t do to miss a summons at the borders. To let others know of the Armada's weakness. He headed to the woods at a trott, and found a shivering, tiny thing at the borders. Before he approached, he turned to Bast. “Grab a coat, there's an Ox coat that’s dry” He muttered, keeping his voice quite so the other wolf wouldn’t hear. Bast hesitated, glancing at him, and the Warlord held her gaze steadily until she acquiesced. He finished his trot to the border, and looked at the little wolf. “I’m Sirius, Warlord of the Armada. What brings you to my border?” He recognised her scent, of course.

"Speech"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

Master Intellectual (305)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

09-06-2023, 01:59 AM

The North is cold and unforgiving which, as the huge Warlord approaches her, seems to be true of the Armada wolves as well. Green eyes round in curiosity and a tiny bit of fear but the cold Auster girl has not come this far to run away. The man introduces himself and Hay does her best to pull herself up a little so that she can offer him a proper bow. Practiced words leave the young girl’s lips as she says, “It is pleasure to meet you Sirius, Warlord of the Armada. I am Haydée Kedieo, Leader of Ethne.”

Straightening up, another sneeze forces its way out and the girl pauses to scrub a foreleg across her dripping nose before continuing on, “Sorry! I didn’t realize how cold it be up here. My mom is Bellamy of Foi, the former Leader of Ethne. A lot has happened in Auster and, I don’t know if your son Dread told you, but my father was murdered a few seasons back.” Sadness fills her eyes as she speaks of her father but Haydée pushes on, “Mom said that the Armada might be open to trading with us in the future and I just wanted to check in and let you know about the change of leadership.”

A smile is beamed at the taller, imposing Warlord as the small wolf shivers against the cold, trying her best to be a good ambassador while feeling that she is miles away from it.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Haydée has a male northern cardinal named Chanson and a female fossa named Manon. They are always close by.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
09-06-2023, 02:05 AM
He flinched. He couldn't help it, even in front of this wolf, this… leader, as she introduced herself as. It seemed like so long ago that Dread had returned from Ethne. A little awkward from the predicament he found himself in, but having done his job and earned his rank. He covered it with a deep nod of his own. Not a bow, but a greeting of sorts. “He told me of what transpired, and I’m sorry for your loss” He said, turning as Bast trotted into view beside him, a coat thrown around her back. He reached over and grabbed it off the leopard. “The North has definitely taken a turn this winter” He agreed as he tossed it lightly over her tiny shoulders. One of the last dry coats in the pack.

He kept the subject off Dread, off the flooding. He was not one to tell his secrets easily. “That is what I told her, and I would be interested in trading Ethne, perhaps come Spring?’ He suggested. The Armada was in no state to fill requests right now. Its market was closed.

"Speech"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

09-06-2023, 02:40 AM

The Warlord offers his condolences and Haydée dips her head in silent thanks. It is something she has grown accustomed to hearing and part of her has grown to loath the words. But that is not Sirius’s fault so she keeps her attention on him until a snow leopard appears. The girl has heard stories of them but never had the opportunity to lay eyes on one so she cannot help the awe that crosses her features as her gaze lands on the creature. As the Warlord drapes the coat around her shoulders, the small girl releases a content sigh and pulls the warmth tightly around her as she murmurs, “Thank you.”

Sirius is a difficult one to read but the offer of trading Spring seems like a reasonable request. With a dip of her head, Haydée says, “Spring sounds good. In the meantime, if you need anything from Ethne, please don’t hesitate to ask.” A thought suddenly occurs to the girl and her features light up with joy, “You know, my mom always says to share when we have plenty and prey has been abundant down in Auster. We have found that our stores are overflowing with meat and furs.”

Head cants to the side as Hay continues on, “As a show of good faith and your kindness with this coat,” she pulls the fur a little tighter around her shoulders as she continues, “Ethne would like to offer the Armada a share of our spoils. Plus, I heard that prey have been difficult to find in Boreas! It is a win-win for both of us.” While she does not know about what has happened in the Armada, Haydée had heard of the prey shortage all around. Thankfully, with Bay in her pack and hunting pretty much daily, their storages have been filled beyond capacity and it will not hurt the pack to share.

"Haydée Kedieo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2023, 02:53 AM
He nodded his head at her thanks. She was unusually small, this new Ethen Alpha. She was going to struggle in a world of giants, and he wondered how she would do. In the end, it wasn’t his problem.

The skin around his eyes tightened at the mention of Ethne’s overflowing stores and stock. The subtle motion is the only hint of anything amiss, and perhaps the new and young alpha would put it down to jealousy from a pack in the heart of a mountain in winter, and one in the bounty of Summer.

At her offer, he found himself hesitant. It was unusual for an alpha to freely give when they could stockpile for the security of their pack. She was young, and inexperienced. It would feel as if he was taking advantage of her. And he was young, and prideful. But he thought of his own pack, full of so many puppies, and so much lost. He would be a fool to turn it down. “How about this - you trade us your surplus, and come Spring, we will send you our first shipment of crafted weapons and armour?”

"Speech"

Haydée

"I'll Rise Up"

Polaris
Sage

Master Fighter (320)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

09-06-2023, 03:08 AM

As she offers her surplus to the Warlord the girl notes the tightening around his eyes. Had she said something wrong? Haydée knows she is woefully unprepared for the mantle that was thrust onto her shoulders but she is trying and even attempting to forage lasting bonds as she goes. His words seem tight and the man himself as cold as the mountains around them but Hay offers him warmth in smile and words.

Dipping her head in agreement, she says, “Agreed. I will send up a few members with the meat and furs within the week. I will also include a couple bundles of our herbs to help with the colds winter usually brings.” Part of feels like this male is judging her hardcore and that part wants to cry and flee from his hard gaze. But she stands her ground, looking up at him with kindness and joy.

With a small sigh, Haydée moves to shed the coat and return to the man as she says, “Well, I think that about covers it, sir. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you in Spring.”

"Haydée Kedieo"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-06-2023, 09:09 PM
The Warlord offered a small smile at this. She didn’t, couldn’t, know what it meant to the Armada. If she did, she would know how far in her debt it would place his pack. As it was, he filed away what he owed, and a silent promise to find a way to repay her - past just a trade of weapons. “Thank you.” He said.

He shook his head as she started to slip off the coat. “Hang onto it, or you’ll freeze five steps from the Armada. Think how it would look if the Alpha of Ethne died just outside my territory?” There was a hint of teasing in his eyes. It was subtle, but there for anyone that thought to look. “Do you need a guide out of the North?” He asked, since she was clearly unfamiliar with these lands.

"Speech"