Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Every sense of dread came over her as she could feel and hear the racing of her own organ that was keeping her alive. It's thumping echoed throughout her body as she could hear it's beating like a drum. Her green orbs could be shone through the darkness of the light as the full moon made them shine like emeralds. The light of the moon made everything in her path glow as she seemed like a phantom in the darkness that she was in right now. The sound of wild cats could be heard behind her as they continued to chase her down.
All she had done was walk past them, and they were already on her tail.

"Damn, this could not get any worse!" She howled and continued to run through the darkness. Every fiber of her being told her to fight, while her brain and instincts told her to flee. She agreed with her brain and continued to run, but she was soon caught off by a stone cliff as the two cats began to snarl and try to strike her down. Esperanza snarled and began to show signs that she was not afraid of them and tried to get them to go away, but, try as she may, her efforts were futile.

"Leave me alone!" She called out to them, but they just snarled and approached her, she closed her eyes and waited for them to take her down, for she knew she was out-matched, and out-numbered.

Conall

gems
size
build
player
04-05-2014, 11:28 PM

Soft humming rumbled quietly in Conall's chest as he padded through the darkness. His movements were smooth and calm, no worry on his shoulders. The moon glowed bright, giving him enough light to walk by even in this strange opening in the ground he had come across. This land was full of mysteries and new things to find. His emerald gaze looked this way and that, taking it all in. He had taken to wandering during the night and sleeping during the day since that seemed to keep away his dreams so it wasn't at all uncommon to find him wandering around like this in the dead of night.

Suddenly the quiet night was broken with a yell from further down the path and he could hear growls and snarls. His ears perked up and his hackles raised instantly and without a second thought he took off, his paws pulling him forward toward whatever was going on. As he got closer he saw the dark colored female trapped against the wall, surrounded by a small pack of wild cats. Conall's training kicked in without a passing thought. He snarled and ran toward the cat closest to him, skidding to a halt and grabbing it around the neck with his jaws in one motion. Using the momentum from his run and the pressure of his jaws, his fangs sank into its neck and he tasted blood as he shook hard and practically threw the predator toward the river that ran close by. The cat hit the ground hard, clearly startled and injured. Conall growled furiously, his hackles raised and his teeth bared as he stared them down, daring them to try anything. He put himself between them and the fea, making sure that if they were stupid enough to attack again he would be the one they would reach first. The one he had attacked finally took the hint and ran off, the others soon following suit with a bit of hesitation. He snapped at the last one in line as it slipped by him, just to accent his point.

After he was sure they were gone and everything was quiet again Conall let his shoulders relax once more and he turned around to face the woman he had been blocking from the wild cats. He was a little surprised, and humored, to see that as far as fur and eye color went they were practically twins. Of course, other than that they had few similar features considering he was missing a tail, covered in scars, and of course male. "Well, 'ello there, lass. Got your self into a bit of trouble there, eh?" He gave her a friendly smile, hoping she wasn't too shaken up by the whole thing.

Speech
Thought
Others

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Esperanza saw the entire fight, but when it was finished she was able to breathe again without having an anxiety attack. She looked to the dark colored brute and gave a thankful smile. He looked like her in a lot of ways, but he did have a few limitations. "Yeah, I guess you could say that, fella," she gave a small chuckle, "I'm not making fun of you, but my father spoke the way you did. And I kind of was able to speak it myself." She nodded truthfully and saw the wildcat's blood on the foliage underneath her.

"My name is Esperanza, and may I ask who you are?" She asked kindly as she lied down and placed her cranium upon her paws, ears erect yet showing her low ranked position. He did seem older than she, but she did like the way he spoke and looked. He kind of remembered her like her father. Kind, gentle, and had an accent that was the same as his.

Conall

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2014, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014, 12:15 AM by Conall.)

Conall gave a soft chuckle at her light teasing, glad to see that she wasn't too shaken up. "Ah, no harm done, lass. Good ta know there's more brutes out there with a accent like mine." He watched her lay down and rest her head on her paws and he took it was a cue to settle back onto his haunches and make himself comfortable. If the younger fea was willing to talk with him for a bit he certainly wasn't going to turn it down.

"Of course! I'm Conall Dunn. It's good to meet ya, miss Esperanza." He gave her another smile, already taking a liking to her seemingly kind personality. Hearing about her father with a matching accent was exciting to hear too. He hadn't come across anyone else with a accent like his so far since he arrived in Alacritis, but maybe there was hope. "So, what brings a lovely lass like yourself out here all by yourself at night?" he asked, genuinely curious.

Speech
Thought
Others

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Esperanza looked to him and gave a small smile, "Lad, I was only at a stroll when I bumped into those cats. They are sure stubborn when it comes to wolves walking through their home. And I can sense that you have been through a lot in your life." She spoke to him and looked to the sky as she moon reflected it's light upon her emerald eyes.

"And it is also nice to meet you, Conall," she complemented and placed her head on her paws and shifted her eyes to look at the ebony colored brute.

Conall

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2014, 01:42 PM

Conall nodded in agreement to the lady's comment about the wild cats and their territory and gave a small chuckle when she mentioned him going through a lot. "Oh, I certainly have, lass. With luck like mine it's easy to have many a mishap in seven years. Though it's easy to see that when I wear so many scars. I'm sure you've had your own life troubles, eh?" He smiled slightly, silently wondering about her life story, though he would never ask outright. As much as he loved telling stories he loved hearing them just as much.

He shifted his position a bit and laid down as well, liking to be eye level with who ever he is talking to. Even with the moonlight shining on them, it was still so dark that their ebony fur blended into the darkness like camouflage. But there was no missing those green eyes that glowed in the moonlight, giving her away in the darkness. He noticed the scent of a pack on her and had to ask, "What pack are you in, lovely? I've only just gotten to these lands so I'm still learning which packs are which ya know." Maybe Esperanza could teach him a bit about his new home in exchange for chasing off those cats.

Speech
Thought
Others

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Esperanza heaved a small sigh as she hung her head low slightly. "Pardon me lad, but the pack that I am from do not take kindly to someone as kind-hearted as you and I. I was only chosen by the alpha because he saw how beautiful I was, and he placed me as a brood because of it. I have to make pups for the alpha or his sons, and they need to have as many pups as possible in order to stay on top of these lands. I am from the pack known as Glaciem. To many rogues and other packs, we are ruthless and love to fight. I would only fight when I have to, but, my pack likes to cause them." Her emerald orbs saddened when she looked to the male's eyes.

"Pardon my ranting, but because of my pack you do not wish to know me, no matter if I am good, or not. If alpha, Isardis, catches your scent around me, he would punish me for being around another male. I am better at being kind to my pack, but I am the only thing right now that is keeping my pack from not having a small raid." She stayed silent for a little while as she placed her head upon her paws and shifted her orbs upward to look to the sky.

Conall

gems
size
build
player
04-06-2014, 03:00 PM

The more Esperanza told him about the pack she was a part of the more he wished he could protect her from it, or better yet get rid of this Isardis she spoke of. From what he could gather he was the worst sort of wolf. Anyone that would force a fea to have pups just to further their line was automatically scum in his eyes. She apologized for ranting and he gave a small shake of his head and replied, "Ya never need to apologize for speaking ya mind, Esperanza, especially when its about something that's botherin' ya.

He reached out a paw and rested it over hers, hoping to be reassuring as he spoke, "Ya should never have to do anything you don't wanna to do. Remember that. If ya ever need help or protection just find me. I'm always willing to help a lady, especially when they're as lovely inside and out as you are." He gave her a small grin before pulling his paw back and standing. "But if he really will punish ya as ya said for being around another male I better go. And ya should find somewhere to spend the night that doesn't have wild cats lurking around every corner." He turned to walk away, but paused and gave her another smile. "Remember what I said, miss Esperanza. Any time. And it was nice talkin to ya." With that he padded away, hoping for the best for her and hoping that if the time ever came he would be able to help her.

-exit Conall-

Speech
Thought
Others

Esperanza

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
04-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Esperanza saw the male leave and looked away. She did like this male in a lot of ways, and he was reassuring to her. She was hardly in her pack. and she always was in rogue lands or wherever she could go that would allow her to be there. She howled in a slightly sad way and walked as slow as she could to a den that wasn't infested with wild cats. She wished she could get to know Conall a bit more, but, she knew Isardis would not allow her to leave, even if she wished to.

A large makeshift den from a bunch of trees and other logs lay near a small stream. She sniffed around and didn't see anything, placing her head down she soon fell asleep for the night and listened to the annoying sounds of the crows as the night soon came upon her once again, making it more darker.