size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
NachoMumma

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
02-10-2024, 11:23 PM

It was hard to get to the Castle without tramping through the Starlit Plains and given the reason for her visit was to apologise for her children being so disrespectful, she thought it best to linger on the edge of the Bifrost and send out her brown and white kite with a message to the leaders that she sought a meeting. She found herself a maple at the intersect of the sand, the plain and the grove and made herself comfortable, snacking on strips of dried fish. By her side was a basket, similar to the one taken to Víðarr. Alcohol, some tropical herbs from the island that might be difficult to find this far south, but instead of toys for children, she had included some jewelry that Kenway and Jael had crafted, and some of the fine needles made from snake bone, curved and particularly good for stitching wounds together, or so she had been told.

Of course, after her son had explicitly ignored her direction, she wouldn't be surprised if they didn't show at all. All she could do was wait and hope not all hope was lost.

“Speech.”

[Image: sigil-not-fuzz.png]

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (772)

Master Navigator (1020)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-12-2024, 01:15 AM

A call from the northern end of the Hallows was one of the more unexpected directions to receive a summons from, and the voice that requested an audience with him and his queen was one Artorias had not heard before. Intrigue twitched the dire brute's ears, head rising from his work on the weapons in the armory, Artorias set his project aside and took a pause to wipe the soot and sweat from his paws and face before heading out of the castle to go greet their visitor. He passed by Briar on the way out of Hearthstone, exchanging an affectionate smile with his queen as the alpha pair made their way north across the expansive plains that surrounded their home. The sky was cloudy, but fortunately the rain had held off for now, though the grass was still damp from the previous night's storms. Such was the winter season in Auster...

Arriving at the northern borders a short walk later, Artorias spotted the galactic fur of their visitor from a mile away against the lush greenery of their home. She was not someone he knew, which explained why he hadn't recognized her summons. Yet as they drew nearer, the scent of the Raiders could be detected strong amongst her own scent. Ah, so she was a part of the former pirates... and judging by the way the woman carried herself she was someone worth knowing in the island-dwelling pack. Was this Siduri and Tarnish's mother perhaps? Approaching her, Artorias greeted the stranger with a smile and a dip of his head. "Welcome to the Hallows, Miss Raider. I am Artorias Carpathius, the Lord of Cinder and alpha." Artorias paused just enough to allow Briar to greet their guest and introduce herself as she pleased as well. "I'm guessing you didn't come all this way for the weather." Art chuckled as he squished a dire-sized paw into the damp earth to punctuate his point, tilting his head curiously while he waited for their guest to speak.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
02-12-2024, 12:13 PM

It wasn't every day that they had an unknown visitor at their borders so even though she knew she didn't need to accompany Artorias to every meeting that was sent out for the alpha pair this time she made a point of putting aside her work long enough to do so. She reached the castle's foyer before Artorias did and waited there for him so the pair could walk together, her husband emerging from the armory shortly after. She returned his smile and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before they headed out toward the border to see who it was that was there to see them today. As they approached she spotted the galaxy-marked woman easily among the greens and browns of their surroundings as well as the basket that was sitting beside her. It certainly wasn't someone she recognized, but just as Artorias did she picked up on the stranger's scent as they got closer–and more importantly the pack that she was associated with.

With a pleasant smile lingering on her lips she stood at Artorias' side while he greeted their guest. Though Siduri was far lighter in coloration, Briar couldn't help but wonder if this was perhaps the wayward girl's mother given the similarity in their scents and the array of colors in her coat. "And I am Briar Carpathius, Lady of Cinder," she chimed in when Art gave her the space to do so, giving the other woman a small dip of her head. She smirked a little with amusement at Artorias' comment about the weather, but her curiosity was firmly fixed on their guest. Given the turbulent relationship between not only the Raiders and The Hallows but also between the Raiders and the Armada it felt quite bold for her to come here on her own like this so if nothing else she had certainly gotten Briar's attention.

"Briar Carpathius"

Modesty

"The Audacity™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid Queen

Master Navigator (241)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
NachoMumma

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
02-16-2024, 02:58 AM

It didn't take the leaders long to join her and she made sure to make herself presentable by the time they arrived. Offering an easy smile to the introductions, she nodded to each in turn, “I am Modesty, ah, newly appointed Raid Queen of Raider's Hollow," Her wry smile said as much as it needed to regarding her new title. Perhaps they'd have to come up with something else, but it would do for now. "Not that I've much appetite for raiding myself, I leave that to my mate Gilgamesh. I prefer talking things through wherever possible, and he clearly needs help in the public relations department,” It was perhaps the understatement of the century, but she tried to have some good humor about it. "Since Gilgamesh took leadership of Pirates Plunder from Sparrow, we have moved out to Daager Isle and Dove Island Archipelago, I grew up there when my mother was still a member of Ashen, so it was like going home for me. We leave the Islands open to guests, if you're ever inclined. We've found it... discourages some of the older members more problematic behaviours if they have to swim all the way back to the mainland to cause mischief. There's a difference between raiding and just being a menace, and change... takes time, but I do promise, we are doing our best to rein them in." Formalities aside, that wasn't why she had travelled all this way carting her basket.

“Though that isn't the reason for my visit today, I believe I owe you both my thanks and... several debts for the kindness shown to my youngest brood.” She gestured to the basket she had bought with her. “Though this hardly covers it, I hope it will serve as a symbol of my sincerity. I was rather unwell over the winter and our healer wouldn't let me out for fear I'd overdo it and drop dead.” Her chuckle was dark, but if she didn't laugh about it, she'd start circling the drain. "It really isn't much at all. I do hope they will give you some small measure of peace. I have asked the whole pack to give you some space, at least for a little while." Though the last was delivered with a teasing tone, she genuinely meant it (though clearly Tarnish had already decided otherwise. It would be the eel pit for that boy if he didn't pull his head in).

“Speech.”

[Image: sigil-not-fuzz.png]