gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vivek
03-24-2014, 09:54 PM
It was time for her to learn more about healing. She wasn't sure whether she was ready, a bit nervous to learn from her mother, who was the best. Would she disappoint her? There was a bit that Lyric had picked up on her own while traveling as a rogue, but it was nothing compared to the knowledge that Erani had gathered through experience. Still, she would squash her nervousness the best that she could as she made her way toward her mother's den. Hopefully she wasn't too busy to start her lessons - it had been a day since the meeting, and Lyric was wasting no time to get started on learning more. Her lips were pulled into a smile, her strides smooth despite the butterflies in her stomach.

"Mother? Are you there?" She would try not to be hesitant and keep her voice strong, she should have been soothed by the strong scent of her mother within her den, but it only made her that much more nervous. Erani was a protector in her mind, the best healer, the best leader - the thought of disappointing the woman was enough to make her want to turn around. Yet she was hard pressed to start the learning process, and strong willed in her yearning to impress the woman she respected and idolized so strongly. Her mother was a kind, understanding woman - she would not berate her for her inevitable mistakes, she knew that.

If only her nerves would take that fact into consideration.

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
03-27-2014, 07:46 PM
Erani

Erani was pulling out herbs in preparation for Lyric?s first lesson of the many that would make up her youngest born?s education. It did her heart a great deal f good to know her youngest would be taking up the line, like she had before with her own mother. Lyric hadn?t been glued to her flank, watching everything she did in her daily life as the Lead Theta of Valhalla, but there had been an interest. And the fact that Lyric had come home? It bolstered her hope that her second born daughter, and her two sons would come home again someday. She just hoped she?d be alive to see them home safely.

Pawsteps sounded outside, her daughters scent rolling in ahead of her as she entered the den. The gold and marble veining in the black stone sparkled and flashed in the rays of light filtering from around her daughter, giving the momentary illusion of a deity coming to rest, and she smiled softly. Rising from the arranged pile of plants, she padded to her youngest, embracing her warmly, dropping a lick upon her brow, as she had done from the time Lyric and her siblings were tiny pups. ?Lyric. Ready for your first real lesson?? How good it felt to say her name again.

Lyric I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vivek
04-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Being around her mother was both soothing and nerve racking. The gentle kiss that she placed to her head would cause Lyric to gently laugh - it was so familiar, and yet it was so long ago that she had been a pup. So long ago had she and all of her siblings slept inside of this den - for a moment it really took the young woman back. Yet she would immediately remove herself from memory lane - focusing on the future. On her lessons, and on her mother. "Yes. I'm a fair bit nervous but... yes I've always wanted to be a healer." 'I've always wanted to be more like you.' To her Erani was nearly faultless, strong when she needed to be and as gentle as any mother should. It was a bit of a dream come true that she would be the one teaching her. "What are we doing today?"

Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
04-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Erani

Erani smiled at Lyric?s words. ?No need to be nervous. I?m sure you have natural talent. Your nature is perfect for it as well.? In a way, Lyric reminded her a lot of her own mother. Sweet, generous and kind. Lyric?s question brought a smile to her muzzle. ?First, I?d like to hear what you know and have learned during your travels. And then we can begin with the basics.? Just as she had with Preston.

Where had the wayward adopted son of Cairo gone this time? Off to learn more about healing? Had he grown bored of Valhalla? Or had he taken a turn of personality, and become like Neo, hating them all and leaving for good? Erani shunted the thoughts away, turning her attention to her daughter and their lessons, a smile gracing her lips. Lyric had come home, and it bolstered the hope that her other missing children would come back in their own time.

Lyric I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vivek
04-15-2014, 03:48 AM
A natural talent? She hoped that her mother was right, but the little lady would blsuh at her mother's compliment. Lyric had always considered her disposition to be a bit frail in comparison to the rest of her family - but perhaps healing was something that she could pursue with confidence. It wasn't enough to push all of her nerves away completely - but she would take a breath and ignore the butterflies for what she hoped was the remainder of the lesson. "Willow bark is good for sickness and some pain." She had used it on a girl once, Maren. She hoped that the female was alright - she hadn't wanted help past her initial look over... Lyric had been too young to force her to Valhalla for proper treatment. "Dandelions are good for cuts and bruises - and I eat better when I chew a few before a hunt." There were more than enough for her to experiment with while she was away, they smelled sweet and a bit sharp, so she had remembered their scent from the occasion that they were used when she was young. "I remember that lavender is calming, but I didn't see a lot of it while I was away." She didn't have many tricks up her sleeve, but her finds were either remembered from younger years or self taught. "Spiderwebs are an easy find for sealing wounds - I've never been too good at collecting it, though." She would blush, remembering her failed attempts at wrapping it neatly around small branches or attempts at carefully removing the web with her teeth. "It's not much but... it's been enough until now." Now healing would be her craft, her art - things were different and she was excited.