ardent

hungry, hungry hippos

XL opponent fight



Sloan

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
137
size
Large
build
Balanced
posts
21
player
Bunni
04-30-2024, 08:38 PM
Location: Above ground, near Veteran's Plateau border where the river is located
Timeline: Post meeting her brother, Caedes, at Moontouched Cliffes, but pre-meeting any other Saxes.




Sloan had been making her way from the willows north toward the Polar Sound. Her brother, Caedes, had said to head there when she was ready to meet the rest of their very large extended family. Minding her business very well, she took a thin path around the sulfuric smelling depths of Hell entrance toward a river that appeared rather refreshing. Hoping to slake her thirst, she picked up the pace and went straight down toward the shoreline.

About to dip her muzzle to the surface, Sloan is caught off guard when an ugly and monstrous beast comes charging, mouth open and bellowing loudly, right in her direction. Letting out a high-pitched shriek that causes any nearby birds to take flight, she scrambles from the shore, barely missing being eaten alive. Out of breath and confused, she keeps her distance and faces the hippo. Ears back and lips pulled into a snarl, Sloan wasn't known to back down from a fight.

"You got a problem, fatty?" She barks back at it, baring her teeth to show the slimy looking creature that she meant business.




Iscariot

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Master Hunter (275)

Advanced Fighter (80)

age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
423
size
Toy size
build
Light
posts
63
player
wicked

Rapid Poster - Silver1K
05-03-2024, 03:32 AM

The menace of a tracker really does need to learn the land, if she's going to be able to search it effectively. Learn it, memorize it, let it become a part of her. Bounty hunter, learn the land and the way it shifts beneath her paws. Learn how the prey among it will think, something about being the apex predator. All of that was well and good, until she hear fucking yelling.

Picking up on sound cues is important, but that's not so much a cue-- more in the air raid siren department. Trapped between morbid curiosity and something worse, Riot races off in that direction.

Something worse, it is. Her gaze falls on the slimy bastard with a grumble, and moments later on the creature staring it down. Oh fuck, she knows that face. "No time for an interrogation," Riot's words come with a giggle, and she's already springing after the hippo's ankles. Reaching out and snapping gleefully, Iscariot can't help herself.
table coding by bunni ♥
[Image: qU0quqp.gif]



Nimue

Elysium
Warrior

Master Fighter (280)

Master Intellectual (270)

An icon representing the specialty Tactician Tactician

age
1 Year
gender
Female
gems
508
size
Extra small
build
Light
posts
82
player
Aislyn

ScarredSnake EyesCritical Fail!
05-06-2024, 03:23 AM

After moving into Elysium, Nimue found herself wandering outside of the packlands on most days. For a while, she kept running into that lady who wanted to teach things and the ragtag group of students who listened to her. But Nimue had quickly grown bored of her lessons, and decided to avoid the east and head toward the north. Might as well check it out before winter comes. She wasn’t built to withstand frigid temperatures, so visiting the north in the middle of the winter would be a no-go. So, now was the time.

She’d been drawn by the overpowering smell of sulfur, as it was a foreign scent to her. That, and there was an uncanny amount of warmth resonating from the earth, which was something she hadn’t experienced before. It seemed to come from an entrance to a subterranean labyrinth, and for a moment, Nimue considered going inside- but that plan quickly changed. A woman’s voice yelling out caught her attention, the bellowing of a hippo following right after. Oh, she’d fought one of those before. She thought about ignoring the commotion, but damn, what fun would that be? Might as well spill some blood before exploring the hellish domain below.

Turning on her heels, Nimue runs after the commotion, finding two other women standing off with the nasty beast. It looked slimy and disgusting, and Nimue pulled her lips back into a sneer, nose scrunching at the smell. Yuck. Still, she’d join them in the battle, circling around to the hippo’s flank in search of an opening.

"Nimue Vasanti"


Caution: Nimue is unpredictable, ornery, & loves to fight!



Ezekiel

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Expert Fighter (145)

Expert Hunter (135)

age
2 Years
gender
Male
gems
166
size
Large
build
Balanced
posts
61
player
Hermes

Student
05-08-2024, 12:21 AM
Ever on the alert for animals that might fill the bellies of the Syndicate, Ezekiel finds himself wandering off of pack lands. Scents of prey animals greet his nose, along with a few, unknown ones as well. Curious, the young man moves toward the strange scents as he realizes that Iscariot is in the area as well. A loud bellow catches his attention and he is off and racing toward the sound as he curses the fact that Riot is ahead of him. Words reach his ears as he nears them, registering the number of voices as he bursts onto the scene.

A trio of females, including the tiny Riot are circling a large, slimly grey beast with flat teeth. It seems mad and, from what Zeke can remember about these creatures, they have extremely powerful jaws. Without a word, he moves to the creature’s face, attempting to draw its attention to him so that he can allow the smaller women time to maneuver. Tail snaps up over his spine as his hackles raise and he presses in toward the hippo, trying to appear threaten it so that the others may deliver bites without worrying about its massive jaws… theoretically.


"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Ezekiel is considered a mature character. All warnings apply to his threads.



Ely

The Syndicate
Effendi- Muqatil

Intermediate Intellectual (35)

Master Fighter (250)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
764
size
Medium
build
Balanced
posts
119
player
Teegan

Student
05-10-2024, 06:10 AM

With pack life and ranks settling in at the syndicate Elysia was planning a trip to visit scald south west of her family’s home. She’d be slowly making her way out of the polar sound when her brother’s familiar scent tickled her nose. Curious to know what he was up to so far from home she began to follow his trail. A woman’s scream pierced the air, sending a sickening thrill through the Effendi-Muqatil. Maybe her brother had found himself a play thing after all this time.

Picking up her pace now she came upon a curious scene. Three women and her brother were engaged with a beast. One, that’s stench made her body heave. Crinkling her nose she debated letting her brother handle this, to play the knight in shining armor. But that possessive part of her raised its head.

Making no attempt to announce her arrival she launched herself forward, aiming to land beside her brother in the face of the beast. With a vicious snarl she bared her teeth and the fucking thing. She wanted it’s attention on her. Her brother was a hunter. And she a fighter. He needed to be coordinating a plan with the other woman to take it down.

Giving him a shit eating grin she teased. “Just had to go and play the savior Ze. Now look at us.” She shook her head before she focused on the creature again she made a mental note to stay as far away from it’s mouth as she could. If it got her, she was dead for sure.


"Ely & Ezekiel"
[Image: ElyScarRef1.png?ex=6629b2a2&is=66173da2&...height=872]

Elysia "Ely" Saxe is a Mature 3-3-3 Rated Character. Plot at your own risk.



Sloan

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

age
2 Years
gender
Female
gems
137
size
Large
build
Balanced
posts
21
player
Bunni
05-15-2024, 07:07 AM


Her paws dance her out of the way of the bellowing hippo. Spit flies through the air and across her body. Truly disgusted and secretly terrified, Sloan lets out a few more piercing barks in an attempt to scare it off. Unfortunately for her, the hippo is far more territorial than she understood and was in no way, shape, or form going to be backing down from this.

So she looked for an opening. Definitely avoid those nasty teeth! Her attention is drawn away for a moment as a little imp of a girl who tells her there's no time for interrogation. Sloan's ears fly backward and her brow furrows as she gives a snarky well aren't you fucking cute sort of snarled look before following suit. Just as she goes for the hippo's other front ankle, she sees a second puny girl come sweeping, around, and toward the back flank. Where were these faerie wolves coming from?!

Okay, no time for that now. Nope, they needed to scare the hippo or kill it or they would be dead meat first. Dancing in time with the other two to avoid the swinging jaws of the hippo as she continues to bite and lunge at the creature's ankle, their last two participants shows up. The guy is roughly her size which isn't terrible, should be useful if he's good and the girl seems to know him. His sister perhaps? Sloan isn't sure though as the guy goes for the hippo's face, trying to be a distraction? Eh, she's not sure, doesn't really care. If the hippo continued to stay focused on the dude, they could try to find somewhere important to slash and hack at.





Ezekiel

The Syndicate
Ghazi

Expert Fighter (145)

Expert Hunter (135)

age
2 Years
gender
Male
gems
166
size
Large
build
Balanced
posts
61
player
Hermes

Student
05-17-2024, 01:52 AM

Ezekiel attacks the massive behemoth of a creature, drawing its attention away from the ones that are already landing bites. Suddenly, his sister is beside him, her shit-eating grin and teasing words pulling a scoff from him as he dodges sideways, quickly retorting, “Me? Savior? Nah, more like the guy who saw a problem and wanted to deal with it before it reached our borders.” A half smirk is given as he dives forward, snapping at the hippo’s face as it lowers its head to try and bite at one of the attacking wolves.

Luckily, or unluckily depending on which side of this equation you are on, Zeke’s teeth find purchase in the face of the creature and his jaws close around the left eye socket of the beast. With a quick snap of his jaws, the hippo is down one eye and it bellows in pain and rage as he dances away, shifting toward El so that his side can brush lightly against hers and he whispers, “You better stay safe or I will kick your ass all the way home.” His voice is low, growly, and completely serious as he offers her a warning before he is forced to dive away from her side by the irate and injured beast.



"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Ezekiel is considered a mature character. All warnings apply to his threads.