size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

WordyRapid Poster - Silver
05-16-2024, 09:17 PM

The day was coming to a close, even though Seneca most definitely didn't want that. However, the sun and his own body urged them to close this most exciting chapter of his life so far. After dragging himself out of the warm water, he shook himself off and looked to Wylan to lead them back to the tree house. Thankfully, his new best friend moved at the slowest pace yet, and Seneca walked along side with tired muscles and mildly-heavy lids.

He followed Wyl up the ramp and into the tree house proper, stepping carefully in case Ollie was sleeping or doing something important. Inside Wylan's room, Ollie had placed two very comfortable looking pelts for him - black bear on top of a tiger. His tail wagged, the surprise gift catching him off-guard. It was incredibly thoughtful, and Seneca had expected - and was used to - simply sleeping on the bare floor. He bunny hopped on top of the bear pelt and positively beamed up at Wylan, his butt nearly wriggling along with his tail.  "Ollie is so great. Actually, everyone is so great - I love it here!"

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

[Image: chibi-by-starry-knight-dhedfxo.png]

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

Master Intellectual (250)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-16-2024, 10:24 PM

Wylan was definitely feeling tired after such a long day, where so much had been done. It felt like he and Sen had raced across every inch of the territory by now. They’d caused havoc in the market, met a few wolves, and overall had a blast. Now, as they headed back to had become their home, he felt tired and sore. But in a good way.

They entered the den, and inside Wylan saw his brother had done even better than he had hoped. Two lovely coats waited for Seneca in his room. They were a polite distance away from Wylan’s own bedding. But once Sen had hoped onto the bear coat, Wylan grabbed his own coat in his teeth and dragged it closer, glancing down at the other wolf to check that it was alright. “Ollie is amazing, I’m really glad he chose to den up here with me. He’s not once for close contact” He explained, his tail wagging as he spoke of his brother.

He plopped the coat down, and settled onto it, his side brushing against Sen’s. “He probably gave you two coats because it can get a bit chilly up here, especially in the wind” He said apologetically.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

[Image: lQqyuza.png]
As his 'companion' Krakarak may enter any of Wylan's threads without warning

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-16-2024, 10:49 PM

Seneca watched quietly as Wylan dragged his own bedding closer, a little confused at first. He didn't mind, though, and smiled up at the much larger wolf as he settled in. He was used to sleeping alone, far away from any other warm bodies, so the gentle warmth that his side offered would be welcome. He felt awkward, being so close to another living being that wasn't Pollux, truly unsure of how best friends interacted outside of their escapades of the day. The small boy spun once, then twice, and found a comfortable spot to bed down, just as close to Wyl as before.

"Oh it's okay, I'm used to it. This'll actually be the warmest I've ever been at night, probably." Seneca snorted quietly, chin on his paws as he looked to Wyl's face. "How many siblings do you have? It seems like you have a really big family." Except for Iggy, if Seneca could remember correctly, everyone he had met or who Wyl had spoke about were related to him in some fashion. It made him feel almost sad about his own family, but in an extremely fleeting way. He had already settled his feelings on them.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-16-2024, 10:59 PM

Wylan glanced over at the smaller wolf as they circled a couple times, flattening the new coat so it was comfortable for him. Once he was settled, Wylan placed his head over one of his own paws. His grin was teasing as he looked over at his friend. “Your cold nights are no more! He declared boldly. He unfurled one feathered wing, and draped it lightly over Sen like a blanket.

But some of the happiness went out of him like a popped balloon at the boy's next words. Deflating into his paw a little he said “I have five siblings, but two of them went away with my mum last season. We aren’t sure how long they’ll be gone for” He explained, his voice subdued. It was definitely part of the reason he was holding onto Ollie so tightly. The white wolf had been sickly in his youth, and this was the first time they’d really had a chance to bond. He was scared of losing him.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-16-2024, 11:18 PM

The boy laughed at Wyl's declaration, his mirth increasing when a wing was draped over him. He wriggled a time or two, as if he were getting more comfortable, his tail thumping against the bear pelt. When he saw Wyl's face fall, his own joy diminished. Oh, he had hit a sore spot. His ears tipped to the side, teal eyes watching his friend's face closely as he spoke. Why did he have to ask that?

With his tail still, he tried to think of something to say. He settled on the typical response, mind scrambling to come up with something in addition. "I'm sorry, Wyl. I didn't mean to bring up something sad for you." Seneca gave a quiet whine as he crawled a little closer, close to enough to nudge a nose into Wyl's forepaw. "I'm sure they'll come back soon." He didn't know his mom or siblings at all, but he wanted to bring his friend comfort. He couldn't imagine why someone would want to leave Armada, especially if your family was staying. He wanted to ask, but didn't want to bring his friend any more pain.  "Your family is too awesome to stay away for long!" He offered a small smile, wanting to give Wylan all the hope he possessed.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-16-2024, 11:24 PM

Wylan gave Sen a small smile, and playfully wiggled his toes at the other wolf’s nose. A half-hearted gesture as he wrestled with his emotions. “It’s okay Sen, it’s not your fault. It just still feels very fresh is all” He said with a soft sigh. His mother was the softest wolf he knew, and her lessons were colourful and fun. He missed her a lot and it hurt that Warden had decided to go with them. He had always thought he and Warden were the closest… he pushed that thought aside and gave his friend a little bit of a bigger smile.

Trying to turn the conversation around a little he asked. “So, did you have a really small family?” he asked, remembering Sen’s comment of sleeping cold, and the surprise at the size of Wylans.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-16-2024, 11:40 PM

Seneca's nose twitched at the other wolf's toes, and he fought to keep in a sneeze. Afterward, he couldn't help but laugh at himself before settling back into a more somber disposition. "I understand," he said quietly. But, now it was his turn to feel sad and awkward. At Wyl's question, his eyes quickly glanced to the side as he considered how to answer. "... Not exactly," he finally muttered before heaving a big sigh.

"I only have three siblings, but most of my family still lives together. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents..." He trailed off, his eyes still cast away. He wasn't really sure what to say about them, as he had no real relationship with any of them. He had been raised at the bare minimum effort and fully disowned once he reached a year of age. "A bunch of them," he grumbled through grit teeth, a swirl of emotions running through his mind. Sadness, anger, apathy - all three roiled within him, but his body remained relatively still.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-17-2024, 12:04 AM

Wylan quickly realised that they were playing tag with awkward questions, and looked at Seneca with an expression of apology and understanding. He also came to see that Seneca did not speak of his family the same way that Wylan did. While the winged boy spoke of them often in tones of joy, and a hint of chagrin (especially if he’d been told off recently) Seneca sounded frustrated, and a little lost. But he wasn’t speaking of them in the past tense, either. “I’m sorry, sometimes family is messy, isn’t it?” he offered gently.

He tickled Sen’s nose again, and tucked his wing about the boy a little tighter. “One of my Aunties - my grandfathers youngest - got really mad when Basilisk was given the pack. She made a real big scene about it, challenging him for it. Things went badly, and some of her siblings left, too.” he said, pulling on the biggest family drama he knew about.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-17-2024, 12:23 AM

He grunted when Wylan commented that family could be messy, his grumpiness steadfast until his nose was tickled. Teal eyes were quick to find Wyl's face with a smirk replacing his previous grouchy expression. He allowed himself to be hugged tighter, leaning into his friend. Family being messy was a complete understatement, in Seneca's mind, but he didn't really have a chance to protest before Wylan went on to explain some drama that had happened. His expression loosened as he went on, brows raising by the end of the tale. "Wow, I bet that all went over well."

He sighed as he contemplated saying more about his family situation, and he felt like he owed his friend an explanation. Or something at least, considering everything he had told Seneca. Ears flicked back briefly, and he forced his mouth open and began talking before he could chicken out of it. "My family disowned me." A brief pause to glance up at his friend, judging his reaction. Even though it was something that had happened to him, out of his control, it was still embarrassing. "Technically not until my first birthday, but really at birth. Cause I'm so... small." He snorted, a red hot ember burning in his chest. "I wasn't allowed to do anything with my siblings, or any of my family, really. I had to teach myself or spy on lessons and teach myself that way. I was 'the runt' and not worth the time or energy. I wasn't welcome anywhere, so... I left." His voice quieted toward the end of his confession, his frame sinking down further into the bear pelt as he tried to make himself feel even smaller. The rejection had wormed its way inside him, made him feel unworthy, even though objectively he was also angry. At the moment, though, his sadness overpowered his typical feelings on the matter.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-17-2024, 12:30 AM

Wylan looked at friend with something akin to surprise and anger as Seneca spoke of being disowned. The other wolf was only a yearling, barely old enough to be out in the world alone. And Wylan already knew that he was reliable, and amazing. He couldn’t imagine any reason that would make what his family had done acceptable.

And the reason given was so stupid that Wylan raised his head off his paws, looking like he wanted to go out right then and there and fight for his friend. “That’s stupid! The Warlord's own brother is about your height, and he’s one of the greatest fighters in the pack! And Spider, is heir like me, and he’s tiny too! Tiny doesn't mean weak.” His voice was indignant and angry. “Well, they’re stupid and they don’t matter. Your part of my family, Seneca. You belong here now! In this treehouse, in this pack.”

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-17-2024, 12:42 AM

Seneca was honestly surprised at Wylan's reaction, and even more surprised when he mentioned the best fighter in the pack - the ginormous alpha's brother, mind you - was his size. He was flabbergasted that someone his size could possibly best anyone in a fight, let alone be the best warrior in a pack as big as this one. Eyes wide with wonder, he felt the ember in his chest fade into a gentle warmth and spread through his chest, unaware of what true acceptance felt like. Wylan was quite heated, and claimed that Seneca was part of his family and belonged in the pack, in this very tree house.

In the quiet after Wylan's proclamation, Seneca began to smile. He was truly lucky to have found Wyl at the Wall, lucky that the other wolf had accepted him so eagerly and fiercely into his fold. "Thanks, Wyl. That really means a lot." His tail wagged a few times, before his grin broadened, his voice raising in both volume and conviction. "They are really stupid! Forget them!" And he would try, very hard, from this moment to forget his former family.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-17-2024, 01:08 AM

Wylan knew they were getting louder, but it was sort of a lost in the moment loud. It was important, a proclamation of a new era for Seneca! “Forget ‘em!” He agreed, his own voice rising. Which was when they were reminded that they weren’t the only wolves in the treehouse. A sudden voice from the other room broke through the moment. “Hey! I'm a runt too! Welcome to the family and get some sleep!”

Wylan fell silent for a moment, and then he glanced sheepishly at Seneca. The sheepishness lasted for a full ten seconds before laughter snorted out of his nose. “Oops!” He whisper-hissed, and patted Seneca on the paw. “You’re family.” He promised lightly.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

OOC: Elin provided the speech for Ollie

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-19-2024, 02:48 PM

The fact that they were not alone was completely forgotten, until the muffled voice of Ollie yelled through the wall. He eyes widened and he shoved his paws over his muzzle, returning Wyl's sheepish look. Seneca had gotten caught up in the moment, conviction of putting his family behind him lifting his mood and voice. His ears fell back and he whispered, "Sorry, Ollie!" followed by a fit of giggles.

When the giggles finally relented, he shot a grin to Wyl at the pat on his paw. Well, this beat his stupid family, that's for sure! Sen stretched his front legs out with a yawn, trying to settle back down. "Thanks for a fun first day. I think I might check out the fishing huts again tomorrow, get some real fishing time in before it gets too cold." Teal eyes searched Wylan's face, waiting to hear what he had planned.

"Seneca" || "Wylan"

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-19-2024, 07:24 PM
Found family wasn't a strange concept to Wylan, but it was the first time he'd felt it for himself. Sen belonged in the treehouse with them as through he'd been born to it. He didn't know what their future would look like, but he was happy that it included the other boy.

He settled down more comfortably on his furs, preparing to settle down for the night. A part of him didn't want to close his eyes, but wanted to keep talking to the other wolf, and keep this day going.

When Sen spoke again, Wylans tail wagged slowly and lightly behind him. “That's a good idea. I need to collect my knife from my Uncle Charlie and get some practice in before the raid.”

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-19-2024, 07:34 PM
Confusion replaced the dawning sleepiness that was creeping up on Seneca's face. His brow furrowed, eyes searching Wylan's face. "Raid? What raid?" As far as Sen knew, raids were a bad thing and people got hurt - or worse. He suddenly sat up, his confusion quickly replaced by concern and worry. His questions continued in rapid succession, not waiting for Wylan to explain.

"Where? Here? Or somewhere else? Why?" His nervousness manifested in tippy tappy front paws, his weight shifting from one paw to a other as he waited oh so impatiently for Wylan to answer.

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-19-2024, 07:44 PM
Wylan misread Sens' sudden intensity for shared interest. Wylan sat up a little, too. His eyes shining as he grinned at his new friend. “We don't know yet” he explained in a stage whisper. Remembering at the last minute that Ollie was trying to sleep in the other room. Maybe if he and Sen had many sleep overs he'd have to find out if he could soundproof so they could chat all night without disturbing his brother. 

“Basilisk will tell us in the raid meeting. It'll be his first raid as leader - and it's the first one I'll be attending!” the last sentence burst out in excitement and he struggled to keep it quiet. “The last raid we did I was old enough to join the healers but not the warriors.” he continued.

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-19-2024, 08:05 PM
As he listened to Wylan explain, it became clear quite quickly that he was excited at the prospect of a raid - and he didn't even know where it was going to be! It was evidently Basilisk's first raid as a leader, which caught Seneca off guard. First? As in, more were expected and had happened in the past? Sen's jaw dropped when Wylan mentioned participating in a raid in the past. They were extremely similar in ages, and it flabbergasted him that someone that young would be allowed to participate.

This te, Wylan would be with the warriors. Again, his friend seemed to be beaming with excitement, but Seneca couldn't share in that in the slightest. "Raid are dangerous, Wyl. You could get hurt or worse. Why does a raid even need to happen? It seems Armada has everything it needs, and more!" The only time raids happened in Seneca's homeland was when you were desperate, or trying to eradicate a threat. How in the world was this exciting?!

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-19-2024, 08:30 PM
Wylans tail was still wagging, but it slowed down a little when he realised the emotion he was hearing in Sens' voice was worry. He didn't expect that, and he reached over and patted the other wolf's paw in a gesture of comfort. “Raids are really common all across Boreas and Auster, and there are packs that raid us constantly. Like the pirates. Some of them are friendly, but some aren't. Raids keep us sharp and one of the few ways we get real world experience of battle.” He explained cautiously but gently to the other wolf.

He looked up through eyes wide with excitement. Though he attempted to temper it with compassion, too. He didn't want his friend to worry. “that way if a serious raid comes our way, we know how to work together.” He explained.

Seneca

Armada
Apprentice

Beginner Navigator (0)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Jellibeans

05-19-2024, 09:34 PM
He listened intently as his friend explained, trying his best to understand the way he saw it. "So... It's mostly for practice?" Teal eyes bounced from one amethyst to the other, wanting to comprehend, wanting to not worry. The thought of losing his best friend, or even Wyl getting hurt, was a thought he did not wish to have, ever. "I guess it makes sense to practice and learn how to fight together," he ventured cautiously, dark toes fidgeting with the bear fur.

His ears flicked back against his skull for a moment, unease still prominent inside. "The pirates - that doesn't sound friendly, if they do it a lot. How often does Armada raid others?" 

Wylan

Armada
Heir Apparent

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Seadragoness
05-19-2024, 10:12 PM
Wylan nodded eagerly. He was keen for his chance to prove himself. He'd been learning to fight since he was big enough to leave the den. That and healing were his passions. He thought of Andy teaching him how to use the training rings. Or Charlie encouraging him to learn how to use a dagger and crafting the one he would use. To him, it was a coalition of his family's time and love. Finally, he would have a chance to prove himself, and prove his worth of their training. But he was also just a kid, excited to go out there and experience it for himself. 

Wylan shrugged at the next question. “The Pirates do it for fun, I think.” He explained. He knew one of his uncles had joined them, but he also vaguely remembered bad blood between bas’ dad and them… but he couldn't remember “our last raid was against Valta. My uncle Kotori leads that pack. He's fun!” He explained, his tail picking up behind him again.