Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
03-18-2014, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 11:39 PM by Loki 1.)
So everyone knows by now that Loki's having puppies! Well, Daegmar's having puppies, but... anyway! So Loki is trying to veer away from his family's naming traditions, but he still wants his kids to bear a surname so they can show pride in being a family. So since he doesn't want Lokisson or Lokisdottir for his kids he needs to think long and hard and pick one to be passed down the generations. I have a few ideas I'm ruminating on, and would like more options and some opinions from you guys. :D

Silvertongue (self explanatory)
Lokasenna (Loki's Quarrel, a poem from the Poetic Edda)
Yggdrasil (the world tree)
Vanir (a group of gods from norse mythology)
Aesir (the other group of gods from norse mythology)
Ragnarok * (end of the world as foretold by norse myths)
Frost * (well, because Loki's a frost giant)

* current favorites

Feel free to leave suggestions and comments on which you like/don't like. Loki doesn't have to decide until they're actually born, and when he does he'll be taking the name in addition to Hroovitnisson.

Natalya

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-19-2014, 08:42 AM
FROST!

Gitan

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
03-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Ragnarok because Loki predicted it and we just recently lived through it's intended date!

Adelaide

gems
size
build
player
03-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Ragnarok is definitely my favorite. It has a cool ring to it, and it's always neat when a name means something. These pups will be a little batch of trouble, and "end of the world" suits them. It's also a strong surname to pass down.

I'll stop rambling and just say it's Ragnarok hands down for me. xD

Lyric I

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vivek
03-19-2014, 10:41 AM
-votes for frost-

Baldur

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
*SHRIEKS* OMG... TEA! The character my Lokimar pup (Aksel) is loosely based off of is an old, old charrie of mine and his full name was... get this. AKSEL FROST!

That is too weird. Frost gets my vote for the sheer strangeness of that coincidence! There can be a frost on the ground when D?gmar drops them off maybe that inspires the name?

Loki 1

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
Tealah
04-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Decided to close this as the due date is coming upon us and I felt the decision had already been made. :) Since I had three people vote Frost in addition to my own leanings, I'm going with that! So yay, Loki shall henceforth be known as Loki Hroovitnisson-Frost (what a mouthful!) and his children will be known as Frost as well!