ardent

going on a bear hunt

Björn

gems
size
build
player
10-25-2014, 10:19 PM

He didn't know where he was, but he knew exactly where he was going.

The silver-furred bear of a wolf had been steadily stalking his sister's trail for some time now, trying to catch up with her. They had split up, each searching someplace different for traces of the old Ebony rulers. He'd found nothing, and gone to track her down to see if she'd found anything, but she was as long-legged as he and had a long lead on him so it wasn't easy.

Squinting through the early-morning light, lavender eyes watering, he swept his blurry gaze across the sea of grass, searching for... what? Some sign of his sister, though with his eyesight far weaker than an ordinary wolf he was somewhat at a handicap as far as that was concerned. The trail was hot, though - she must surely be here.

White paws trod further as he considered. He saw no movement out there, he must have missed her but gods! so close to finding her. And he missed her terribly, though to look at the towering beast's grim visage you would hardly expect it. Perhaps he should get her flowers...

"Talk" "You" Think

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
10-26-2014, 10:27 AM

Birna was in an ill mood. A week of wandering and she had yet to unearth any clues as to where the remnants of the Xanilov's were. Had they moved out of Alacritis already? Dammit! The beast growled lightly to herself but sighing heavily. She had no choice really but to keep searching however she needed a boost to her mood, she wanted to see her brother again though she felt ashamed she didn't have anything useful to bring back. Charcoal nose bent low as she set to work tracking her brother's scent. The morning was crisp and bright but she hadn't slept terribly well. Birna was getting anxious. What if they never found the Xanilov's?

The smell of sweetgrass caught her attention as she turned her head to see a field of it stretching out before her and like a beacon a wolf with shimmering pale fur. "Bjorn!" She yelled with yip and tail wagging she ran to meet her brother. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I've been searching for days and I still haven't found anything."

"Talk" "You" Think

[Image: 262ny8g.png]

Björn

gems
size
build
player
10-27-2014, 06:44 AM

A yelp of greeting drew the silver giant's attention, and his weak lavender gaze swung to catch movement, the blurred form of his sister racing toward him and Bjorn dropped all dignity to fling himself at her in return and, silent for the moment, bath her face in kisses. What? He'd really, really missed her. They had never been apart so long in their whole two years of life, so being parted from his darker, more cautious sibling was like losing a limb.

Dignity finally asserted itself and Bjorn sat back, serious once again though his milky purple eyes shone in relief. "Birna, it is good to see you once more." The news that she had found nothing, while disappointing, wasn't all that unexpected. They had not been searching long, after all, and the Xanilovs had left long ago. "I did not find anything either. Perhaps there simply is not anything to find. Do not be sorry - if there are any left we will find them. It will simply take time." And when they did find the Xanilovs, Bjorn would initiate the most difficult con he'd ever worked, convince them that he and Birna were Xanilovs rather than bastard Volkovs, and secure a more comfortable future for his family than simply bastards surviving on the outskirts. No one here but Birna knew who he really was, and no one but he knew Birna - he'd even been making himself think of himself as Bjorn Xanilov so that it came more naturally.

He pressed his muzzle comfortingly against Birna's shoulder, all the while plotting and planning ticking along behind those murky eyes. They would find the Xanilovs, he was certain of it. They would find them and wiggle their way in, and Birna would have the life she deserved. He really should have found her some flowers.

""

Birna I

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
11-02-2014, 02:20 PM

She felt awful for failing him but there was only so much she could do. Birna still had faith though, they just had to keep searching, just a bit longer and surely something would turn up. And until then they had each other. That was the most important thing to her and if they never found the Xanilovs so be it. "You too brother? I'm not sure I like splitting up to search. It's the most logical option but I think we should continue on together." It was a bit unlike her she supposed but there was logic in staying together, it would save on the time it took for them to reunite and there was strength in numbers.

She nodded slowly. "You're right Bjorn, of course." She settled down on her haunches with a sigh before suddenly springing up to try and lick him on the cheek her tail wagging. "Lets take a break from searching and have a little fun." Hmm? but what should they do, she looked around but nothing was really coming to her. "We could go hunting, or exploring?. what do you think?"

Speech
[Image: 262ny8g.png]