size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
07-15-2024, 05:20 AM
The pack stores could use with some meat and waterproof hide, so what better place to go an hunt than the beaver dams up north? There was certainly plenty to go around and considering the animals were somewhat small, she could easily take down a few herself and bring them back to the pack. Leaving before the sun rose so that she could encounter them as they were waking and leaving their homes in search of food, sticks, or whatever else they could possibly need, the walk was long but not exhausting. By the time she arrived the sun was only beginning to change the color of the sky at the horizon, giving her plenty of time to rest before they would begin to emerge. She rested underneath a tree with a clear view of a large dam, though there was plenty of space between them and she was even downwind from the giant water-logged rodents.

Yawning, now she could only wait. It couldn't be too long, now.

"Speech!"

CODE © SKELLE/WITCHDOGTOR DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Laz

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
07-20-2024, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 08:34 PM by Laz. Edited 2 times in total.)
After a long way down, the goofball had finally reached these lands. After leaving her where she last saw her family in search for brighter adventures and a way to find her fun and potentially know more about the many questions she had about exploration and perhaps know more about her role in this life.

The shaggy pelted yearling entered the humid and somewhat tranquil space. Nothing but the bird songs and some other creature callings were the only thing Lazuli was able to detect with those patchy ears. She walked with that carefree energy so well known of the blueish canid. And such way of acting would make someone not know she didn't come from a too-kind childhood, as if her mind wanted to protect her by making up fake reasons for her family to have left her behind. From them being the ones lost or perhaps she had been the unfortunate lost.

She explored, eyeing everything she was able to drink from the view. Trees and creeks were everywhere, and not to miss the beaver damns located in some of them. Interesting view!

Calmly she knelt to drink from the waters of a pond,not quite noticing the woman not too far from her, all she had eyes and mind for was to satisfy her thirst.

+10 Explored a new land 1/3

"speech"

code by Shazaki
goofy-gal-comm-by-principessita-dhuipak-fullview

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-22-2024, 06:41 PM
She had hoped that one of her sinners would have arrived, but instead no, just a young loner. Not a complete failure, perhaps, as maybe she could convince this blue-spotted yearling to join her home. Or perhaps they already had a home, but what were they doing all the way out here? She couldn't pick up the smell of a pack on them, but that didn't mean there wasn't family.

The longer she waited however, the more she felt that she was going to be angered by the lack of help from her sinners. Though she supposed that since she hadn't asked for help, or demanded it even, that she couldn't be that mad. She expected her members to pick up some weight though, but perhaps today was not a day for them to be willing. Maybe Erebos would have a better paw at it, maybe he would have ideas to get their butts in gear. That was a thought for another time though, for if she was stuck on this too long, perhaps the yearling would leave and she'd be alone again, stewing about the predicament she more-or-less put herself in.

She didn't want to draw attention to herself enough to scare away the beaver more than the presence of the yearling might have already had. She kept her place in hiding, and made a "-psst," sound to get the attention of the yearling. Hopefully they heard, and hopefully their response wouldn't startle the beaver.

"Speech!"

Laz

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
07-22-2024, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2024, 06:56 PM by Laz. Edited 3 times in total.)

The girl finished her initial task of satiating her need of water, of the vital liquid. With that out of the way, she would now be able to explore even more, do so without feeling the rush of drinking. That could steal the little time she had to have fun, fun in drinking from the view with those bright yellow eyes. There her ears switched towards some notice, she allowed her eyes to travel around her first landing on a group of beavers, snacks! Though she was an overall goofy wolf, she had her own good level of cunning, she was more than aware food wasn't going to come her way, and if she scared these nuggets they would likely run away.

But before she started on a plan she heard yet another noise, a "psst". Instantly she turned her head to where the notice seemed to come from, spotting a huge wolf. Sitting. She wagged her tail a bit as she quietly, trying to make no notice walked towards her, for then taking a seat by their side. "Sup!" She whispered trying to not be too loud.

hi

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-22-2024, 07:37 PM
Thankfully, the other didn't seem to scare the beavers away and was soon coming towards her sound. There was still no smell of a pack, not even a faint one as if they'd recently left, which perhaps could be good for her. With no family maybe they wanted one, and that Widow could provide.

"I'm here to hunt the beaver, to take them back to my pack. Help me, and I'll let you keep half," she offered, though it wasn't much of a question. If they had a home to go back to, then half of their catch today would certainly be useful, but if not.. then they wouldn't need half of their catch, perhaps just whatever they could carry and consume within a reasonable time. "Unless you'd rather a place to call home, then we can discuss that after we hunt," she said with a slight smile before rising to sit next to her.

"Speech!"

Laz

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
07-22-2024, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 06:18 PM by Laz. Edited 1 time in total.)

Lazuli lacked a pack or group to belong to, being left behind by the small family she came from. Though that was seasons ago, it was still very recent though her mind managed to hide and mute those memories, and instead fill her conscience with a big and carefree imagination. This helped her not fall into a palpable trauma, something good!

Help! Of course, she would help! The fun was even greater with a buddy and quickly she nodded rapidly, her way to agree to help. "I can certainly help ya, tell me what to do and I shall oblige." She was ready whenever the woman was. "And yes! I want a home!" One of her own, one to end the boring loneliness and perhaps find fun individuals to hang out with!

For now she waited, paying close attention to any further instructions.

"speech"
code by shaz - Icon by shazaki

Érebos

Insomnia
Howler

Expert Fighter (120)

Novice Healer (20)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Alo

Pride - Sapiosexual
07-23-2024, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2024, 09:24 PM by Érebos. Edited 1 time in total.)
he watched her closely these days, checking in on her silently before going off on his own. erebos was an attentive husband, much to his pride. and wherever widow went, he made sure not be so far out as he use to be. with that, he had followed her; hovering a bit as he came some ways to aspen dam. why here of all places?- he'd think. but he remained still & silent, poised within a nearby thicket as he watched his wife with curiosity. hunting maybe?

but its then someone catches his eye from a short distance away. his eyes narrowed, ears splaying back in case this wolf posed a threat to the queen of hell. watching vigilantly, erebos awaited to see what unfolded before emerging. and to much of his relief, this stranger deemed itself friendly, if not a bit of a klutz. he soon gauged their plan and quiet conversation, to which he then slowly crept to silently seat himself near his wife's free side. "say when." he sent a mischievous smile to widow before glancing at the other wolf. "congratulations on your new home." he sealed the deal, or at least attempted to. offering his support with it all. not that widow needed it.

Warning: Mature themes for this character are frequent.
[Image: h1wr1OO.png]

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

07-29-2024, 03:52 AM
She didn't know much about this stranger, but perhaps this hunt would be enough to know whether or not they would be a good fit. She seemed a bit too happy-go-lucky, but it wasn't like she asked her sinners to be full of rage and spite... Perhaps there could be a place for her within Hellborn, but not before this hunt. First, she had to make sure that she would be an asset, not a hindrance.

She opened her mouth to speak when Erebos appeared and although she smiled at him briefly, her attention turned back to the blue-mottled female. "Very good. But let's not be too hasty, Erebos. Let's make sure she can be as useful to us as a pack would be to her," she purred, understanding that he wanted to grow their numbers, but they couldn't just let anyone in to the pack... everyone needed to be vetted first- she needed to be sure that they weren't going to be a problem. Widow didn't want to feed someone that couldn't feed themselves.

"So let's get started then. Erebos and I will chase them to the waters edge, and you will pull them on land and kill them. Sound good?" she asked, looking between her husband and the stranger.

"Speech!"

Laz

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
07-29-2024, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 06:19 PM by Laz. Edited 5 times in total.)

She giggled in the low upon seeing another wolf offering them his help, Erebos was his name and she nodded rapidly upon hearing his sort of welcoming though she knew she had to firstly give a good impression, she could be a dumbass on the outside, but she had known nothing was given for free. She wouldn't like to let this one chance to get a pack slip between her toes.

She paid close attention to the instructions, it was a simple and smart way to catch them on the view. So she quietly got herself on the edge of the water, standing on position, ready for the action to begin. She felt excited yet she did her best to not let it ruin the hunt.

"speech"
code by shaz - Icon by shazaki

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

08-19-2024, 01:59 AM

SpeechThink

The newcomer wasn't hesitant and Widow liked that about them. Eager to help, even. Useful for Hellborn if this hunt went well, she was certain. As the younger wolf made her way to the waters edge, Widow gave her and the water a wide berth before dipping into the cooler water. It wouldn't be hard chasing the beavers over to the speckled blue wolf, but first she had to tempt them out of their dam as the scent of predators was probably keeping them holed up inside.

What better way than to start dismantling some of their home? It would certainly draw Widow out if someone started doing it to her den, and she wasn't wrong either. Soon enough, one beaver poked its head out and griped at her for tearing up its home and even started to come out of the dam! Widow smirked and snapped her teeth at the animal, effectively chasing it away from its home as she closed the distance between them. It didn't take much to start herding the beaver to the edge of the water where the other wolf was waiting, though she could only hope that the beaver wouldn't spot the impending threat before said threat caught it.

Blended with beauty and blessed by the divine
─ by Skelle !

Laz

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
08-23-2024, 05:47 PM

The patchy wolf now found herself by the edge of the water, patiently waiting for the beavers to come at reach, excitement filled her veins, finding it hard to hold into her urges of simply jumping into it without even waiting, yet her clever side was the only thing that stopped her from running it, something she could not if she wanted a home. And thus she forced herself to hold on, seeing how the larger wolf started the assault on the big rodents, seeing how they started to leave their home and swimming towards the edge she was waiting in, it seemed fear was taking the best of them, not seeing the other threat waiting for them.

When the first ones went to leave the water's safety Lazuli snapped catching one of them, quickly dispatching it, before she kept going with the rest who were blinded by the panic and unable to respond to this new danger that was now ending their suffering.

hi

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (248)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

09-02-2024, 03:56 AM

SpeechThink

This was much easier than she expected it to be. The spotted blue wolf was making quick work of the beavers and Widow felt like she could do great things back in Hellborn. They didn't have enough true hunters, and Widow certainly could see some promise in this girl. Some training of course would likely be needed, but nothing that couldn't be worked on.

Widow kept corralling beavers until enough had been caught that it bordered on the line of what could be carried. Moving to the edge of the river, Widow pulled herself out and shook the water from her coat. "That was a good hunt," she commented as she strode back over and sat near Laz and the collection of dead beavers. "You mentioned looking for a home, correct? There's a place in Hellborn for you if you're interested."

Blended with beauty and blessed by the divine
─ by Skelle !

Laz

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Shazaki
09-02-2024, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2024, 03:46 PM by Laz. Edited 1 time in total.)

Once dispatched off, Lazuli dropped the now dead beavers by her paws as she waited for her hunting partner to return. It was a very productive evening for them both, and even more for the small wolf as not only she had caught a meal, but it seemed her efforts also won her a home which she had been searching for. A big smile formed on her lips as the larger wolf returned and then offered her a place amongst their ranks.

She nodded rapidly happily accepting the invitation. "I would like to!" She said as she picked up some beavers to help Widow carry some back to what would now be her pack, and she couldn't be any more excited about this turn of events.

--exit--

SPEECH