Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
08-05-2024, 03:35 AM

SpeechThink

Getting over Erebos would not be so easy. Of course, getting under Stolas was distracting enough, even that couldn't pull her mind from the anger and betrayal she felt every time. Sometimes she just wanted to scream. Who did he think he was? Coming onto her so strongly, then getting offended when tried to be respectful enough to wash away her other husbands scent? Had he not done the same for her?!

She stopped and took a deep breath. She would think rationally about this one day, but today she needed to think about anything else. So she left Hellborn temporarily, a short little trip to the beach out west. She promised to be back by morning and took her ravens for protection. It was dark by the time she made it to the beach, but that was fine. She had left late with this in mind, because the shimmering shore earned it's name for a reason and it wasn't because of seaglass or sand. Instead, the bright blue glow of the bacteria was bright and ever more amazing than any other natural phenomenon she had seen before.

Blended with beauty and blessed by the divine
─ by Skelle !
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

PSA: I own widow's design as of 2/25/2022

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

Master Intellectual (290)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
08-25-2024, 05:59 PM

Eltrys strolled down from the cliffs and around to the beach edge. Just as the sun dipped under the horizon did he step languidly over the shoreline into the shallows. He would always be enraptured by the brilliant glowing of the strange magic within the waters. To others, there was a valid explanation. To him, it didn't matter. The lights of the strange tiny glowing creatures were more exciting than the stars.

He kicked and walked and swam through the glow. A growl from the shoreline brought his attention up to Dagdrin, the muscular fossa on the shore, alerting Eltrys to a stranger on the beach. The saltwater, seaweed, sand, and algae smells had covered the scent he had been meaning to find the owner of. A dark woman he could barely make out against the pale sands, making her way down to the shore. He swept his paw through the water again, the glow so bright it nearly made him fireblind as he watched her.

He lifted a deep woof to her, a warm greeting. Who was she?

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

Master Intellectual (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

08-25-2024, 07:24 PM

SpeechThink

The glowing waters were a distraction, yes, but not what she was looking for. Aware that the ocean wasn't reflecting the starry sky above her, she looked up towards it anyway. Her dear Stolas was probably doing much the same from his observatory, perhaps even thinking of sweet things to tell her about them. He was a good man, one that she truly hoped she wouldn't lose again. She couldn't lose him, either. He would not be granted the same ease that Erebos had been should he try to leave, nor would anyone that tried to take him from her be free from their crime. The thought of him sleeping with another briefly made her blood start to boil, but before she could get too deep into her thoughts, a low woof alerted her to the presence of another on this beach.

Her gaze found the fossa first before locating the dark man striding through the water. He wasn't familiar to her, certainly not a member of Hellborn, but he didn't appear to be a loner either. "Hello stranger, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I can leave if you were expecting to be here alone tonight," she said, her otherwise confident tone sounding tired and even a bit sheepish. It wasn't like her to be this way, but she'd never experienced this feeling before... well, not since her mother left her, at least.

─ by Skelle !

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
08-25-2024, 07:48 PM

He gently waded his way out of the shimmering aquatics. An easy unobtrusive tone to his stride.

"Not disturbing me at all, though I might offer you the same." He suggested. That was until her scent wafted up his nose!

"Oh! I would, except I might request to meet one of the residents of the Wraiths Woods finally. I've been meaning to call upon you with a gift since you moved in." He dipped his head respectfully. He was not the leader of Polaris but he had been put in charge of inter-pack and inner-community relations of Polaris.

"I am Eltrys, Guardian of Polaris. We are led by Saga, the polar bear. I don't mean to make this official business if you'd rather have the night to yourself." He offered.

"Speech!"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

08-25-2024, 07:57 PM

SpeechThink

She would willingly turn to leave should he want to spend his time on the beach alone, but even he seemed content with her presence and soon offered the same. Widow much preferred the company, even if it was with a total stranger. Any distraction was enough for her, at the moment.

His words intrigued her though, wondering what exactly he meant by wanting to bring a gift to her pack. He must be a leader or something of a nearby pack, she deducted, until he elaborated. But then he stumped her. A... polar bear? That was certainly new.

"Forgive me for being rude, but did you say... a polar bear?" she questioned, her shock clear in her questioning tone. If anyone would be a good ally, it would have to be a group led by a fucking bear right? Who would fuck with a bear!?

"No worries about the gift, but I do appreciate the sentiment. I'm actually looking for a distraction tonight, so official business is more than welcome. Do tell me more about this pack of yours Eltrys... My name is Widow, and my pack is Hellborn," she concluded, moving to sit as she anticipated hearing more about this pack led by a bear.

─ by Skelle !

Eltrys

Polaris
Chief

Expert Fighter (235)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

08-25-2024, 09:42 PM

Eltrys was starting to enjoy the collected looks of incredulous shock at the news of their leader species. An almost mischievous smile danced over his maw at her question. He simply nodded, ambiguous delight in his ice-blue eyes.

He perked his ears at her admission of a need for a distraction tonight. He curbed his tongue knowing that to offer his specialty as a supportive figure was not his place here. At least not yet.

"Widow of Hellborn." He would assume then that she was the leader, with the way she named it with a possessive tone and her confident demeanor.

"I can tell you more about Polaris. Without divulging secrets of course." He rumbled goodnaturedly as he sat in the sand to join her, "We sit over Lazuli Falls, just west of your woods, and Cattail Creek is ours. We focus on celebrating our differences and finding ways to bring those differences to better the pack as a whole. A family bound not by blood but bond." He glanced back at the cliffs where the falls were hidden from here, "We have prided ourselves in our chickens and sheep. We aim to uphold the individual as indiscriminate and we welcome all the different facets of love." It was a half-practiced speech, he had once used more lofty language to describe the tenets, and it was progress that his speech had become a touch more casual.
"What of Hellborn?" He asked, swinging his noble head back to her.

"Speech!"

Widow

Hellborn
Queen of Hell

Master Fighter (263)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

09-02-2024, 03:51 AM

SpeechThink

So, he wasn't kidding. This pack was actually led by a polar bear. Although she believed him entirely, she couldn't help but want to see it for herself. How had a bear of all things risen their way to the top of a bunch of wolves? Unless, perhaps, this pack wasn't all wolves? That seemed like a strange thought, but she supposed not entirely impossible. Not to mention, the man before her looked much like a bear himself. Maybe he was the one that was confused, living with a bunch of bears. Widow decided not to judge, fearing the wrath of a pack of bears coming down upon her home.

Listening to his speech, they sounded harmless enough. Perhaps good allies, certainly not enemies. The last thing she wanted was to be on their bad side, regardless of how many bears may be in the pack. "Hellborn is a home for the strange, the odd, and the rejected. Those that may not fit in elsewhere and are perhaps a little rougher around the edges than others are willing to tolerate," she said, choosing her words carefully but being equally as careful not to lie. Hellborn was not a place for the faint of heart or the innocent and she wouldn't play it off as such just to make them look better than they were. "We're fairly new, but we do have a fair amount of cannabis to go around," she added with a chuckle.

─ by Skelle !