size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
08-16-2024, 09:14 PM

Crux sighed, his hips were already aching, they'd been more prone to that since moving to somewhere considerably more humid than the Col. But luckily his destination wasn't far. He'd probably been putting it off for too long. He'd wanted to speak to his father, and nephew to be honest, during the festival but with the fighting breaking out he'd prioritized his own safety in that moment. Slipping off before someone looking for a reason spotted him, an easy mark. He'd also not seen his brother during the festival... He was worried about Stratum, was he still moping about?

Settling himself a respectful distance from the scent line Crux tipped his head back and called for his father. He knew his brother-in-law tended towards being open and welcoming to family but decorum was etched into him. Leg or not, he'd been born a prince. And, potentially soon, there was a chance he might become one again. At least by technicality.... He certainly didn't suspect Widow would give him a title to match just for being with her daughter...

There was that too... He wanted his father to know. Wanted if possible, for his family to be there... He'd tackle his father now... Triss' mother? He'd seek her out another day. Facing one intimidating parent was enough for a week. There was much he needed to say, still much more he wished he'd told the others before he'd gone to a whole other continent... It wasn't exactly easy for him to get all the way back up there...

Crux sighed again, shifting slightly on his haunches as he waited.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-17-2024, 04:08 PM
The call for him sounded very much like one of his children. Sirius had stopped being a youth a long time ago, and his hearing wasn't what it was. He used the help of his leopard companion to lead the way. Moving slower than he used to as his old bones got to work. There was still life in him yet, but it usually came in bursts and faded once more.

He reached the border and found the child that had called for him was Crux. The scarred old warrior stepped over the border and drew his son into a hug. “It's good to see you, boy!” He said, thumping him lightly on the back. “Come” he ordered, “your mother will want to see you.”

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

08-18-2024, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2024, 01:06 AM by Crux. Edited 1 time in total.)

As his father appeared Crux was struck by how much... Smaller the former warlord felt. While he was certainly still dwarfed by his father, the older man no longer seemed quite as imposing, it was like he'd aged years in the relatively short time since he'd last seen him. He rose to his paws as his father approached and let himself be easily pulled into a hug. "I missed you dad." Crux offered by way of greeting. And then his father was leading him into the pack and Crux gave a quick "Yessir" as he fell into step beside his father, letting the older man take the lead and set the pace.

Crux noticed that he didn't need to push quite as hard as he once had to keep up with the man. Another reminder of the years weight on the former warlord. All the more reason to not delay his plans too much, he wanted his father to know of the life he had built for himself... He wasn't the first of his litter mates to find a partner obviously... But maybe he could make sure his father at least saw one of his youngest get married before his time ran out... And maybe he was jumping the gun. Just one amongst many things swirling in his mind, but for now he should probably start getting himself emotionally prepared to see places that carried too painful memories since... Well, basically ever. Even at the festival he'd kept only to the parts of the pack open to visitors. He may have even been avoiding places too familiar...

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
08-22-2024, 03:11 PM
He led Crux forward, across the border with a confident stride. A confidence that faulted as they walked along the outskirts of the territory, never approaching any closer to the castle. The landscape didn’t shift, didn’t change to soft sand and ocean views. The Sea’s Plain wasn’t here, and the den his children had been born in didn’t enter his view. He faulted, slowling, shaking his head. Confusion dotted the blues of his eyes for a moment.

Had he… told Crux he was bringing him to his mother? That didn’t make sense. Zee was dead, wasn’t she? Pain tinged in his heart like an overused muscle. He let out a soft breath, fighting past the confusion that had fogged him for a moment. His steps had slowly, and eventually stopped. But he started up again now, walking without a destination, Crux behind him still. “Where have you ended up? You didn’t follow Stratum to the Hallows” He pointed out.

"Speech"

Crux

Hellborn
Apothecarist

Master Healer (256)

Intermediate Navigator (45)

Pacifist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

08-23-2024, 08:27 AM

Maybe it could have helped his father's memory if Crux hadn't agreed without complaint. But he frankly assumed that there may have been some sort of monument or otherwise empty grave for his mother... He knew her body had not returned to them but that didn't mean she couldn't rest here in spirit. It was only as his father faltered that Crux considered that maybe he'd been... Confused?

Maybe, the man was showing his age in ways more subtle. Crux chose it better not to press the matter, let the former warlord keep his dignity. Maybe he'd make a point of bringing up any concerns with Art before he left... He waited patiently as his father seemed to shake off whatever had halted him and followed beside him. The conversation started up and despite himself Crux felt a wave of emotions go through him. Guilt, excitement, nerves. "He made it then? Good." One less thing to worry about then, and was he maybe stalling a little bit? Yeah, he was.

Crux swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "I'm living in a pack south of here. Hellborn," he began cautiously, "Cryptis, the girl who was with me during the flood, her mother founded it. I- I chose to follow her there." After I couldn't go back to Armada was the unspoken addition to that sentence. "She- she makes me happy." Crux's gaze slid down as he felt his face flush, not desiring to hide his own adoration for Triss but also feeling suddenly self conscious. It was also probably an understatement. She made him feel so much more than happy, she made him want to be better, to be the man she deserved. She made him want to protect her. Made him want to give her the world. That they had already agreed to marry... It made him want to yell his adoration for her from the highest mountain top.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix