gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-13-2014, 04:13 AM
ooc: Preferably someone from the Destruction family

Dutiron probably wasn't technically meant to leave the den yet, his parents hadn't given them any permission to explore after all. The boy was certainly eager to venture outside though, the den still was rather roomy for them all, especially when it was simply the pups and yet he found he wanted some more space. He loved his siblings of course, perhaps it was simply this feeling of being cooped up when his parents, and other family members it seemed could come and go as they pleased. He just wanted to see outside, experience it for himself.

And so here he was, slipping outside as his siblings were distracted, bright eyes gazing around in awe and not entirely sure what to do with himself now. Maybe he ought to have persuaded at least one of his siblings to come out with him, it of course wasn't too late he certainly hadn't moved far, nor did he plan on doing so. He certainly didn't want to get lost and though he had no idea how big the pack lands were, the fact that his family could disappear for quite some time left the boy assuming it was big enough that he should stay within sight of the den.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
03-13-2014, 09:20 AM
The small girl would dutifully carry her catch to her mother, the she wolf was still quite confined to the den because of her new brothers and sisters. It wouldn't be long though, until she would be able to leave them alone for short periods. Novel still wasn't sure why her mother wouldn't just let her baby sit so she could go and have some Song time. Novel would just obey an continue bringing the she wolf the nutrition she needed. As her pearly paws carried her within viewable distance of the den ah realized quickly that there was something amiss. One of her new brothers, it looked like Dutiron, had escaped their mother's watchful eye. She would bring herself closer as she wagged her tail, the rabbit dangling from her pale jaws. Her expression remained friendly, she'd leave the discipline to her mother. Dropping the food outside the entrance she would lower herself to her rear end, tail still wagging like mad, "Hi, Dutiron! What are you doing?" she didn't think they'd been allowed outside yet, so she would have to commend her brother for his bravery. "Exploring the great unknown by yourself?" she would lower herself slightly to replicate his height a smile still playing on her lips.?

.ooc. novel and Dutiron thread <3
if i haven't replied to you in a while, remind me [here]

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-13-2014, 03:47 PM

For a few moments Dutiron stood there somewhat awkwardly, a lonely young pup who wasn't entirely sure what to do with himself. Perhaps, he decided with a far more intelligent thought than the one that had led him out here in the first place, it was time to just head back inside to his siblings. He guessed by the fact that none had attempted to follow him out here that no one had realised he was missing which surely meant he could still sneak back inside and act like none of this had happened.

"Hi, Dutiron! What are you doing? Exploring the great unknown by yourself?" Of course the voice meant he had been caught and it was time for plan B, not that he actually had plan B just yet. He turned as she called him, yellow eyes falling upon the form of his elder sister. There were certainly some similarities between their appearance, a suggestion at their heritage though the most unique thing about each of them was the fact they'd earned their names from their maternal grandparents, a fact currently unknown to the young boy.

"Novel!" He greeted his sister with a smile and wag of his tail. "I guess so." He commented tone already a little calmer now. He wasn't planning on going far and wasn't actually planning on doing any real exploring now anyway. He'd been thinking about heading back to the den after all, though now Novel was here the idea had been momentarily cast aside along with the unformed plan B.

"What's the great unknown like?" His tongue stumbled a little on some of the words, though he had a rather remarkable grasp on speech for one so young.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
03-13-2014, 04:59 PM
Her brother would stand quite awkwardly in front of the den, obviously not sure what to do with himself without a guide. She would hardly remember the first time she had stepped from the den, it seemed like so long ago now.. Little did she know that the boy had internally decided to wander back into the den, still she would think him rather brave for a pup so young. He would turn as she called him, his monochrome gaze finding her own. His of gold and hers of blue the Destruction genes were strong within them. Like Dutiron the young Novel had yet to learn about her namesake, hearing very little of her grandmother and grandfather. The young pup would vocalize his greeting with a smile and a similar wag of the tail, he would answer her question with another question. The topic had been brought up, and it did not seem like he had seen much of the world yet. She seemed to have caught him just as he had snuck from the depths of their den. "Well, I know it's really really big. I haven't even seen all of it yet! But I think the best place so far has to be here at home, it's the prettiest place I've ever been to." she wanted to whisk him away and show him the territory right now, but she knew Song wouldn't have any of it. "there's so much out there Dutiron, I don't even know how to begin!" she couldn't wait for her siblings to be old enough to explore and learn with her.?

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-14-2014, 04:09 AM

Already Dutiron was becoming quite a curious little boy, evident in his steps outside of the den. He certainly didn't think of himself as particularly brave, he had simply wanted a little look, to learn what it was like out of the den. That was probably why he wasn't really sure what to do after leaving the den, he'd never been alone after all and suddenly found himself alone and outside it was indeed a little bit of an odd situation for the Destruction child.

"Well, I know it's really really big. I haven't even seen all of it yet! But I think the best place so far has to be here at home, it's the prettiest place I've ever been to. There's so much out there Dutiron, I don't even know how to begin!" Well it'd hardly been the most detailed of answers but it would suffice for now, he still wanted a better idea but this was better than nothing at all, although it certainly didn't look small, the land stretched on for even further than his eyes could see. "What's home like?" He questioned, looking back to Novel once more. He didn't think he'd get to see it all yet considering he wasn't even meant to be out of the den in the first place.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
The girl would notice the obvious curiosity her brother held, in her opinion it was a fantastic quality. One he shares with her and many in their family, already she could see what a great addition her brother would be to their pack and kin. Novel was happy to be there for her younger brother, she was excited to help him along in his journey to adult hood. Secretly she would wonder what his future would hold, would he want to be a healer like her? Or would he be more like Dhiren, and become a warrior like poppa? Whatever he decided she would do her best to be there at his side the whole time.?

She knew that her answer would be less than satisfactory, a boy of his age and curiosity would not be sated so quickly. His questions would continue, asking of their home and what it was like. Novel would fail to stifle a quick giggle before she gave him the best answer she could, "This is home, we live in a pack called Lusicael and we have a big territory to call come. Here where we are now, this is called Lover's Mangrove. You can tell because of all the mangrove trees. There are all sorts of plants and trees that are different from here. If you go that way for a while you'll eventually get to sunset falls. There's a giant waterfall that's super pretty, and if you go that way you get to the hot springs. There's really warm water to swim in and lots of thick forests to play in." she would also assume that her rant was less information than the boy craved, but if he asked more she would be ready to tell him.?

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-14-2014, 02:32 PM

Of course Dutiron himself wasn't really aware of this quality or any other quality he might possess, or anyone in his family might for that matter. All he really knew was that already he loved them very much, those he had seen anyway. There were apparently more siblings, those that were older like Novel though he had yet to meet them all. He had no idea what journey life held in store for him, all he knew was that he would like very much for his family to be near.

"This is home, we live in a pack called Ludicael and we have a big territory to call come. Here where we are now, this is called Lover's Mangrove. You can tell because of all the mangrove trees. There are all sorts of plants and trees that are different from here. If you go that way for a while you'll eventually get to sunset falls. There's a giant waterfall that's super pretty, and if you go that way you get to the hot springs. There's really warm water to swim in and lots of thick forests to play in." Considering that Dutiron knew very little about the world there was indeed a lot more that he had to ask about what Novel had said. Some of it was easy enough, mainly the parts in Lover's Mangrove that he could see for himself. He didn't know what on earth a waterfall was though, or what swimming was but apparently it must have been fun if it was mentioned with playing in the forest thing. "What's a waterfall? What's swimming? Is it as fun as playing? I like playing."

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
03-14-2014, 02:55 PM
The young girl didn't remember too much from her early childhood, but she did remember being quite curious about the world. She had met her aunt Symphony and they had begun their wonderful lessons about healing. She had loved every minute of her lessons, that was one reason she had been so upset when her aunt had left. She adored Symphony and the knowledge she so readily shared with her. She missed her, and she still wasn't sure if she could fully forgive her for abandoning her for Gitan. She still had yet to converse with the man, partially on purpose surely. Still she would try not to show any outward hostility towards the man, in the end it had been symphony who had left even with out a good bye. ?

Dutiron would live up to Novel's expectations, his thirst for knowledge had yet to be quenched and the little healer was quite happy to oblige his curiosity. He would question her about water falls and swimming, one of which was Novel's favorite things. She still hadn't quite gotten over her fear of the water, not since the night she had nearly drowned. "A waterfall is a source of water that falls, some are really big like the sunset falls, and others are kind of small like the ones that happen in the streams." she had to guess that he had never seen a stream either, but she wasn't sure how else to describe a water fall. "Swimming I've Heard is fun, so long as you have a grown up with you. I fell into a deep stream when I was younger. If a pack member hadn't been there when I fell I would have drowned. So be careful if you go looking for a place to swim, I don't want anything bad to happen to you." her tail would wag a bit as she breached such a serious topic with her young brother. She wondered how much he understood her words.?

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-14-2014, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 03:10 PM by Dutiron.)

It was hard not to be curious when everything was so new. Dutiron had a lot to learn about the world and though young, he knew that fact and was determined to learn as much as he could. Of course realistically that would take quite a long time, though he had no idea how long it could possibly take to be as wise as some of the grown-ups he knew, clearly he was already determined to start catching up to them.

He listened once more as Novel explained what a waterfall was. It still wasn't something he fully understood, nor did the boy knew what a stream was but he certainly wanted to. A lot of the things his sister said were quite foreign to the boy, though he kept calm despite the lack of knowledge and simply gave a nod of his head. It could go on all day if he kept asking what every other word Novel said meant and she had moved on now to explain swimming. Streams were apparently for swimming, though he had to be careful with them. He had no idea what drowning was, only that it seemed to be very bad. "I don't want to drown do I" He concluded, his tone mimicking Novel's seriousness for a a moment.

"No swimming now. What can I do?" Though he was glad for his sister's company he still wasn't quite sure what to do for now. He had brightened a little more now, moving away from the bad topic of drowning.

Novel

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Vail
03-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Novel was quite impressed by he brother's patience and focus. He would not sway his attention from her as she did her best to explain the world as she knew it. Obviously it would become easier to show the boy home and everything that encompassed it. He would nod as she explained as best she could, as he would repeat back to her very seriously what he had learned. She wasn't sure that he knew what drowning was, but he was in tune with how important it was not to. She'd save the lesson of death for her mother, and would leave the topic of drowning were it lay. Dutiron's bright expression would pull Novel's own smile to play upon her lips. He would ask curiously about what he could do, Novel's grin would turn contemplative as she thought. "Well, you can play... With me." her grin would widen. She didn't want him too far from the den, but she didn't want to send him back in yet either. She supposed her mom might let her take Dutiron on an adventure, but if she did that shed have to take the others too she was sure.?

Dutiron

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
player
Novella
03-17-2014, 05:59 AM

Dutiron of course gave Novel his full attention as she explained the world to him. The young boy was genuinely interested in learning as much as he could and he of course had to listen to pick up the new knowledge in the first place. He would have sat there all day and listened to all these new facts, or at least as long as his body allowed him to, sleep or hunger would eventually pull him back inside the den though, provided of course his mother didn't first.

"Well, you can play... With me." The den was fairly spacious at the moment, certainly built to enable a family to comfortably live within it even so it wasn't exactly the best place to play in. He'd already established the fact that the world was so big outside but it hadn't really occurred to him until just then how wonderful that would be to play in. All the space to run around, they'd probably be able to create all kinds of new games as well! He grinned happily in awe at the idea and nodded his head eagerly. Perhaps Novel could teach him a new game, she was a grown-up after all and had spent lots of time outside he imagined, she surely had something fun they could do together. "What can we play?"