Advanced Intellectual (80)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
10-14-2024, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2024, 02:27 PM by Finch II. Edited 2 times in total.)

Nothing had changed that she could see about this place, but she had noticed that others had begun to dig away around and between the bases of the spires. At this point, she had nothing left to lose than to join the club by commencing digging just the same. An eerie shiver worked its way down her spine as she put her paws to the loose soil and began. There was nothing normal about this place, but Finch couldn't tear herself away until she had more information. What would her sister think of this place? Jay was likely at home, helping with Avalon's domesticated animals and to corral the children. As she dug deeper, Finch had the sinking feeling that she should be far away from this place and tucked away at home as well.

"speech"

coded by NachoMumma

Ezio

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod
10-14-2024, 02:57 PM

He had never seen anything like it before. Neither where he had come from, nor in these lands up until recent days. The sky had turned red. And it would stay like that, day and night. It was certainly a strange sight, and downright unsettling. The wolfdog was wary of this place, but still, he pushed through in search of possible answers. Or maybe dumb curiosity, he wasn't sure yet. Tons of scents mingled in the air, and he chalked it up to others also investigating since these things showed up. Or...had they always been here? He had no clue. He had never been to these parts before, so he couldn't say for sure.

Walking among the towering spires, he heard the familiar sound of digging and so he followed it, curiosity drawing him forward until he spotted a pale figure digging at the base of a spire. He tilted his head with curiosity as he watched for a moment, though figured he ought to alert her of his presence so he at least didn't seem like a creep. "Sorry for my intrusion but...have these things always been here?"

Speech

Finch II

Raiders Hollow
Sacrificial Lamb

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
Yesterday, 06:59 PM

A polite voice interrupted her digging. Finch paused and caught her breath, lifting her head out from the hole she had begun to dig. "That, unfortunately, seems to be a more difficult question than you might think," she admitted. She scrambled out of the half-dug hole and inclined her head in greeting. "They weren't here recently, but they're here now, and they seem like they've been around for a long time..." she paused, realizing how disconnected and strange that might sound.

"Let me start from the beginning. An earthquake happened, and the sun rose red, and these spires appeared from the ground but they have the look of something very, very old. Hopefully that makes everything crystal clear," Finch finished, laughing hoarsely. All of the dust being created caught in her throat. "My name is Finch. We seem to be living in strange times." And it is at least a little bit exciting. Or terrifying. She couldn't decide which.

"speech"

coded by NachoMumma

Ezio

Loner

Beginner Fighter (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Dragon Mod
8 hours ago

His brow rose in question, concern, and confusion when she answered him. The pale girl ceased her digging to address him, but she seemed just as confused and unsure about this place as he was. He...didn't quite understand. They weren't here before, but they looked like they had always been here...he glanced up at the webbed spires as they towered over them, seemingly clawing at the crimson sky. Luckily, she went on to elaborate exactly what was going on, and he nodded in understanding. Or...maybe he still didn't understand, he wasn't sure. He had never experienced anything like this before, and clearly, neither had she.

She introduced herself as Finch, and he nodded in greeting. "I'm...not sure that I understand, but...I don't doubt your words. The world is a strange place sometimes..." He mused. "Oh, my name is Ezio. Pleasure," He offered a smile, hoping to ease any anxiety or worry she might have with his appearing to bother her. Slowly moving closer to the spire, he looked it up and down, a hum of thought here and there as his brows knit together in thought. "Your digging...are you hoping to find something?"

Speech

Finch II

Raiders Hollow
Sacrificial Lamb

Advanced Healer (60)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
3 hours ago

"I'm sorry," she admitted. "It doesn't make much sense to me, either. But it looks like everyone is trying to figure it out!" Finch tried to stay optimistic. Surely, with so many wolves surrounding them trying to get to the bottom of this, they would make some headway. His smile did soothe her worries somewhat, and she didn't balk when he moved closer. Finch wasn't naturally suspicious of anyone, which certainly wouldn't do her any favors in the future.

"Hello, Ezio, and I think I am..." It was terrible and embarrassing to admit, but she was simply following the crowd. "Everyone around us seem to be digging, but I'm not quite sure what they're looking for. We could dig together, if you'd like?" Just then the wind whistled viciously through this strange land and a horrid wailing noise sounded throughout the field. It seemed to originate from the spires themselves.

"speech"

coded by NachoMumma