Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-09-2014, 07:31 PM

D?gmar was laying belly down in the snow, her back legs tucked under her like a sphynx as she took in the chilly breeze of this northern realm. It felt good and was a much needed break from the sweltering heat of the south. She didn't know where Cataleya planned to set up their pack but she hoped it wouldn't be too hot, though if it was she was certain she'd adapt. After all, D?gmar was rarely one to turn down a challenge. However, she was also a creature of pleasure and there was much pleasure to be had in lazy about in the snowfall on a, for once, cool summer day.

Ears flicked forward as she gazed across the plain that held only a few patches of snow. An arctic fox, coat brown for the summer, paused to gaze at her, a little rodent hanging from it's mouth. Her mind slipped back to the fox she'd threatened to slay and the large odd-eyed fae that was accompanying him. Hmm?. she wondered what the were up to now?

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
03-09-2014, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014, 07:54 PM by Hani.)
It was pretty cool, literally and figuratively, this land. It seemed like only a but of a travel and then there was snow. Actual snow. Hani felt a bit more at ease since her first encounter in the new land. Well, not too much more at ease, but it usually didn't get too much worse than walking up unannounced onto another wolf, "I'm more careful than that, right? Aren't most wolves more careful than that? Noses to the ground, you have to be alert, you'll get jumped like that you know." The she-wolf bantered to herself for a bit. Really, how could she have been stupid enough to just walk up onto a wolf like that? Hani sighed, taking a deep breath of the cooled air, smelling the snow and patches of dead foliage and a wolf, but that was just herself, right? Right?

Hani's eyes scanned the scene quickly, that was not her scent and it was much too fresh, "Ohh shoot. How did this happen? Who is- Where is-" There. Just a bit away from Hani was a dark coated wolf, laying in the snow. With a coat like that, Hani could understand why she was huddled in the snow, "Seriously, though, twice in a row? Has she seen me yet? Well, better call out, right? Isn't that the right thing to do?" Hani pulled in a breath and called out, "Hello? Excuse me? It's pretty cool up here, right? Yeah, I'm just escaping the heat, hahaha, my name's Hani, I'm just wandering around, What's your name?" She looked around for a moment then sat promptly, still a little too roughly, and flicked her tail, "I'm friendly" she tried to shout with her body, "Don't kill me."

Thoughts
Speech

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Scurrying the fox took off before slipping into it's den. The thought passed through her mind to go and dig the creature squirming and shrieking out of it's den but she just wasn't in the mood. If felt to good hear and she was going through another phase of contentment. And why shouldn't she? She'd finally found a pack to join and even a few one night stands. Within the pack there was also the chance to rise in rank and further more the Queen promised to test her, to push her, to break her and to finally help build her into something even greater. A warrior without limits. Perfection in movement and ferocity. A tantalizing dream she was so close to realizing.

Her ears flicked back at the sound of approaching pawsteps and she turned to see a young, green-eyed fae who was clearly nervous. Oh? poor little darling. What on earth was she doing out here? D?gmar grinned, her head gracefully nodding to the other in greeting. She could smell the nervousness radiating on this fae just as she could see it. How very tempting?. ah? but she was just to comfortable. It would take a stampede to get her to move now. "It is indeed, a fresh escape from the hellish heat of the south." The fae introduced herself as Hani and sat with a thud upon the ground. "I am D?gmar. Aren't you a little young to be wandering off all on your lonesome? Have you no pack? And in such dangerous territory. The snow king might steal a maiden such as you for his bride." She chuckled. She'd heard many stories of Isardis of Glaciem and his harem. She'd even thought of joining Glaciem herself but she would not stoop to the level of being a broodmare when she could achieve her goals by other means.

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
03-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Hani was relieved when the fae didn't move too much. When she spoke, the girl let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding, "Good, not going to kill me, I think. That's good..." D?gmar, huh? That was a pretty cool name, though Hani doubted she'd remember it later. Young? Was Hani young? "I'm kind of young, right? Not that young, am I? I guess I am... Maybe?" Hani licked her lips and smiled a bit, her breaths a bit short. "It's because the air is thin here. Yeah, that's all... Wait... IS the air thinner here or is that only on mountains? It's probably thinner here. Harder to breath. Yeah... Wait-""Sn-snow king? Excuse me?" Hani looked around, was there really such a thing? What about Queen Roman- or was it Lady Roman? There were more kingdoms here than Hani originally thought, "Are there a lot of, um, kings and queens here? If you know, I mean, I don't. I don't know who the Snow King is either really, haha, uh, yeah, so that's a normal thing then?"

Thoughts
Speech

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-09-2014, 08:26 PM

D?gmar giggled a little as the fae let out an audible sigh of relief. She was cruel it was true. She was trained to kill and fight, to slay both the strong and the weak but she usually had a reason for doing so and rarely went about causing havoc at her leisure. No, that kind of activity often drew to much attention and not the kind she needed, at least not right now. She would be feared in do time but D?gmar was a pinnacle of patience when it came to achieving her goals. She could wait.

Her tail flicked and she nodded. "Isardis, King of Glaciem holds control of lands not far from here. He has quite a collection of lovely young flowers like yourself." She was fishing, she didn't know for sure what went on in Glaciem but she was enjoying the chance to spin a story that was mostly based in truth. "Aye, there are many kingdoms. Glaciem of course. Amenti was challenged for and is now Olympus, there are several. I have joined a kingdom myself that has not yet been born. I don't even know what it's name will be but I have faith in it's leader. What of you? Are you part of a pack or are you perhaps seeking one?"

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
03-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Hani gulped at the mention of King Isardis. Did he really have many mates? Hani's brow furrowed as she tried to decide if that was normal. A lot of animals have a lot of mates, but don't wolves usually have one? Maybe that was just at home. Things were small there and there weren't really kings or queens or- another gulp- collections of mates. Having a mate wasn't really even in Hani's mind at the moment. Why settle down, and why have pups? There was too much exploring to do and too much to learn, like the kingdoms. Hani listened intently, nodding to let the other know she was listening. She mentioned that she had joined a pack that didn't exist yet, which sounded crazy, but she apparently trusted the leader. A king? Maybe they were going to be mates and then make their own kingdom like that? It sounded like a good idea, Hani thought, a nice family pack, not that she wanted a family... Her pack? She wasn't in one, and she debated telling the truth or not, slightly afraid that she'd get dragged into this new pack somehow, "Oh! Umm, I'm not really in a pack or anything, I kind of left mine and it was really small and really a lot of wolves are kind of scary so like I don't know about joining a pack, right?" She laughed, truth was best right?

"Not that much truth, that was too much! Stupid, she didn't ask for your life story, she's probably not even gonna want to talk to you now. Look, it's already been a few seconds. You messed up man."

Thoughts
Speech

Dægmar

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-
player
03-09-2014, 08:51 PM

D?gmar waited patiently for the young fae's answer. It was clear the other was thinking quite hard about what she'd said and she wondered what was going on in Hani's little brain right now. D?gmar half-considered force claiming her to the pack that Cataleya was creating but they needed a strong foundation. Warriors, idealists, those willing to stop at nothing to obtain their goals. She didn't see that same spark in this young one. Far to shy and skittish to be part of a proper battalion.

D?gmar smiled. "To each their own I suppose. Though it is nice to hunt with others, to feast on larger prey. Protection as well of course. It is, after all, quite dangerous for loners out here. Anyone could drop by and decide to make you theirs." D?gmar rose to her feet, shaking the snow out of her coat. She was beginning to feel hungry again. "Well... I suppose it is starting to get a bit late."

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
03-09-2014, 09:02 PM
The woman brought up several good points about packs, which only made Hani's head spin more. Were they good or were they bad? Suddenly being loner didn't seem quite as freeing as it did before. She was, as D?gmar had pointed out, a young femme on her own. She realized with a sobering drop of her heart that she didn't really have any skills or trades that made her useful, she just kind of thought about a lot of things. Could someone really fight her and claim her? Surely she could just escape, right? When D?gmar rose to her feet, Hani flinched and quickly rose to hers before realizing that the woman meant her no harm, "Ah, yeah, it is.." Hani agreed, she probably should find somewhere warmer before it got too late, her coat was fairly thin and really being in the snow wasn't the best idea anyway. Thinking back, Hani couldn't really remember why she had come here, but now he just wanted to get away from this Snow King and find somewhere warm to curl up. Could the world really be that scary of a place? Hani turned to leave, but stopped short, "Um, D?gmar? It was nice meeting you! Hopefully we'll meet again sometime!" The girl headed off, at least both of the wolves she had met so far were nice, maybe all this dark stuff was just a rumor after all.

Thoughts
Speech